Hey, honey. Can we talk about something?
嗨,宝贝.我能和你讲些事情吗?
Sure.
当然可以.
So, I've been thinking about the whole baby thing.
我一直在想小孩的事。
And however long it takes for you to feel ready, I am fine with.
你觉得要多久时间来考虑都可以,我没问题。
Okay.
好的.
But here's the deal. I need to know that this isn't a maybe.
但是情况是这样的--我想确认我们一定会生个孩子,而不是“也许”。
I want a promise that we will have children.
我要你答应我,我们一定会生个孩子。
I am sorry. I can't promise that.
我很抱歉.我不能这样答应你.
Why not?
为什么不?
Because I can't say that I am gonna wake up tomorrow and suddenly wanna do something that I swore my entire life I would never do.
因为我不能假定我明早一起床,就想做一件会改变我人生的事,我永远都不想这样。
'Maybe' is a very big step for me.
“也许”对我来说已经是个很大的一步。
Yeah, well, it isn't big enough for me.
是吗,但是,对于我来说还不够大。
Well, I am sorry, but you're just gonna have to accept it. There's nothing else you can do.
这样子,我很抱歉,但是你必须得接受这一点,你还能怎么样?
That isn't necessarily true.
这倒不是真的?
Excuse me?
你说什么?
You are threatening me with an annulment? Thatconniving little bitch put you up to this, didn't she?
婚姻判决无效,你用判决无效婚姻来威胁我?那个阴险的小贱人教你这样讲的,对吧?
Didn't she?
是她吗?
This fight could be over right now ifyou'd just make me a promise.
如果你愿意给个承诺我,我们现在就根本不用吵架。
The only promise I am making you is that this is so not over.
我现在可以向你承诺的是,这件事没完。