Dr. Marsha: Seattle, go ahead.
玛莎:这是一个来自西雅图的电话,请讲。
Jonah: Hello, this is Jonah ( dee.. )
乔纳:您好,我叫乔纳。
Dr. Marsha: No last names, Jonah. You sound younger than our usual callers. How old are you?
玛莎:乔纳,能告诉我您的全名吗?听你的声音比平常打来的听众要小,你多大了?
Jonah: I'm eight
乔纳:八岁。
Dr. Marsha: Eight! How come you're up so late?
玛莎:八岁!你怎么这么晚还不睡呢?
Jonah: It's not that late in Seattle.
乔纳:在西雅图还不算晚。
Dr. Marsha: Oh, of course. You're absolutely right well, what's your Christmas wish, Jonah?
玛莎:哦,那当然,你说的没错。乔纳,你的圣诞愿望是什么?
Jonah: It's not for me, it's for my dad. I think be needs a new wife.
乔纳:不是为我,是为了我爸爸,我想他需要一位新妻子。
Dr. Marsha: You don't like the one he has now?
玛莎:你不喜欢他现在的这位吗?
Jonah: He doesn't have one now. That's the problem.
乔纳:问题是他现在没有妻子了。
Dr. Marsha: Where's your mom?
玛莎:你妈妈呢?
Jonah: She died.
乔纳:她去世了。
Dr Marsha: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that.
玛莎:哦,对不起。
Jonah: I've been pretty sad, but I think my dad's worse.
乔纳:我一直都很难过,但我想我爸爸更加难过。
Dr. Marsha: Have you talked to your dad about this?
玛莎:你与你爸谈过这事吗?
Jonah: No.
乔纳:没有。
Dr. Marsha: Why not?
玛莎:为什么?
Jonah: It's like it makes him sadder.
乔纳:这似乎会让他更伤心。
Dr. Marsha: Well, I can understand that Jonah, is your dad home right now?
玛莎:这我可以理解。乔纳,你爸爸现在在家吗?
Jonah: Yeah.
乔纳:在家。
Dr. Marsha: What's he doing? Is he busy?
玛莎:他在干什么?他忙吗?
Jonah: Not really. He's out on the deck.
乔纳:不怎么忙,他在甲板上。
Dr. Marsha: Well, I'm sure that I can help, but I'm going to need you to help me help him.
玛莎:那么,我想我能帮帮他,但我需要你来帮我去帮他。
Annie: Oh, retched woman!
安妮:哦,这个坏女人!
Dr. Marsha: ... What will you do is bring your dad to the phone.
玛莎:……你要做的就是叫你爸爸过来听电话。
Annie: Hang up Jonah! Don't listen to her!
安妮:挂断电话,乔纳!别听她的。
Jonah: No way! He'd kill me!
乔纳:不行!他会杀了我的!
Dr. Marsha: Trust me. Jonah. He won't be angry when he realizes how concerned you are about him.
玛莎:相信我,乔纳。当他知道你这么关心他时,他是不会生气的。
Annie: Wanna bet?
安妮:不一定吧?
Jonah: Ok. But if I get yelled at, I'm never going to listen to your show again.
乔纳:好吧。但是如果我挨骂了,以后我就再也不听你的节目了。
Dr. Marsha: Ok. Fair enough.
玛莎:好的,很公平的。
Jonah: ( to Sam ) Dad!
乔纳:(对萨姆)爸爸!
Sam: Yeah?
萨姆:什么事?
Jonah: There is someone on the phone for you. ( to Dr. Marsha ) His name is Sam.
乔纳:你的电话。(对玛莎)他叫萨姆。
Dr. Marsha: ( to listeners )If you've just tuned in, this is Dr. Marsha Fieldstone and tonight's topic is "Your Wishes and Dreams" and we're on the line now someone from Seattle.
玛莎:(对听众)如果您刚刚打开收音机,您正在收听的是玛莎·菲德斯通医生的节目。今晚的话题是“你的愿望和梦想”,我们正在与一位来自西雅图的听众通话。
Sam: ( picking up the receiver ) Hello?
萨姆:(拿起话筒)喂?
Dr Marsha: Hello, Sam. This is Dr. Marsha Fieldstone on Network America.
玛莎:你好,萨姆,我是美国广播网的玛莎·菲德斯通医生。
Sam: Ok, what are you selling tonight? The micro hibachis or the ginza knives ?
萨姆:好吧,你今晚要向我推销什么?是微型小炭炉还是忍者刀?
Dr. Marsha: No, I'm not selling anything. I Just want to help. I want you to know that your son called and he asked me for some advice on how you might find a new wife.
玛莎:不,我什么都不卖,我只是想帮你。你儿子给我打了个电话,向我咨询如何帮你找个新太太。
Sam: Who is this?
萨姆:你是谁呀?
Dr. Marsha: Dr. Marsha Fieldstone of Network America and you are on the air.
玛莎:我是美国广播网的玛莎·菲德斯通医生,你的声音正通过广播传送。
Sam: ( to Jonah ) you called the radio station?
萨姆:(对乔纳)你打电话给电台了?
Dr. Marsha: Sam, Sam, are you with me?
玛莎:萨姆,萨姆,萨姆,你在听我说话吗?
Sam: Yeah, yes.
萨姆:是,是的。
Dr. Marsha: Your son feels that since your wife's death you've been very very unhappy and he's genuinely worried about you.
玛莎:你儿子觉得自从你夫人去世之后,你一直很不开心,他真的很担心你。
Sam: ( to Jonah ) Hey, get out here. Get out here! Come on! Now I'm not going to go through this alone.
萨姆:(对乔纳)嘿,出来!过这里来,过来!我不想一个人听她说。
Dr Marsha: I think it's very hard for him to talk to you about all this and I thought maybe you and I could talk. Maybe it would make Jonah feel a little better, Sam?
玛莎:我想他很难和你说这件事,我认为或许我们可以谈谈,这样可能会使乔纳好受些,对吗,萨姆?
Jonah: ( to Sam ) Talk to her, dad, she's a doctor.
乔纳:(对萨姆)你说话呀,爸爸,她是位医生。
Sam: Of what? Her first name could be "Doctor".
萨姆:什么医生?可能她的名字就叫“医生”。
Jonah: Please.
乔纳:求求你。
Dr. Marsha: Sam. Sam. It's his Christmas wish.
玛莎:萨姆,听着,这是他的圣诞愿望。
Sam: Ok.
萨姆:好吧。
Dr. Marsha: Ok. Good. Now I know this is difficult, but how long ago did your wife die?
玛莎:好的,我知道你不想再提,不过我还是要问尊夫人去世多久了?
Sam: About a year and a half ago.
萨姆:大约一年半以前。
Dr. Marsha: Have you had any relationships since?
玛莎:之后你没再交女友吗?
Sam: No.
萨姆:没有。
Dr. Marsha: No? Why not?
玛莎:没有?为什么?