I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce.
我要先宣布几条新学期必须注意的事项。
The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students.
一年级新生们请注意禁林严禁所有学生进入。
Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch,
另外,我们的管理员费尔奇先生要我提醒各位,
has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you.
如果不想死的很惨的话就不要进入三楼右手边的走廊。谢谢。
When I call your name, you will come forth.
当我叫到你的名字时,请上前来。
I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger.
我会给你戴上分院帽为你分派学院。赫敏·格兰杰。
Oh, no. Okay, relax.
好了,放松。
Mental, that one, I'm telling you.
我告诉你,那人脑子绝对不正常。
Right, then. Right. Okay. Gryffindor!
好,好。好了,格兰芬多!
Draco Malfoy. Slytherin!
德拉科·马尔福。斯莱特林!
Every wizard who went bad was in Slytherin.
那些变坏的巫师都是斯莱特林出身的。
Susan Bones.
苏珊·博恩斯。
Harry, what is it?
哈利,怎么了?
Nothing. Nothing, I'm fine.
没事,我没事。
Let's see...I know! Hufflepuff!
让我想想,知道了,赫奇帕奇!
Ronald Weasley.
罗恩·韦斯莱。
Another Weasley! I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor!
又一个韦斯莱,我知道该把你分到哪了。格兰芬多!
Harry Potter.
哈利·波特。
Difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see.
难,着实难。看得出很有勇气,
Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh, yes.
心地也不坏,而且很有天赋。
And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?
急切的想要证明自己。该把你分去哪个学院呢?
Not Slytherin, not Slytherin!
不去斯莱特林,不去斯莱特林。
Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure?
不去斯莱特林,你确定吗?
You could be great, you know. It's all here, in your head.
你能成大器,你的小脑瓜里都写着呢。
And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that.
斯莱特林能帮你走向辉煌,这是毫无疑问的。
No? Well, if you're sure. Better be Gryffindor!
不要嘛?既然你决心已定。那最好就去格兰芬多吧!