Did Jon Arryn tell you what he wanted with it?
琼恩艾林有没告诉你他为何借这本书?
He did not, My Lord. And I did not presume to ask.
没有, 大人. 我也没有问.
Jon's death... Such a tragedy.
琼恩的去世... 真是个悲剧.
...Did he say anything to you during his final hours?
...他在弥留之际对你说过些什么?
Nothing of import, My Lord.
没什么要紧的话, 大人.
Oh-there was one phrase
哦-有一句话
he kept repeating:
他不断重复:
"The seed is strong," I think it was.
好象是 "种姓强韧,"
"The seed is strong"? Mm.
"种姓强韧"? 嗯.
What does that mean? Oh,
那是什么意思? 哦,
the dying mind is a demented mind, Lord Stark.
将死之人往往神志不清, 史塔克大人.
For all the weight they're given,
就实际意义而言,
last words are usually
临终时的遗言往往...
as significant as first words.
和出生时的哭声一样难以理解.
And you're quite certain he died of a natural illness?
所以你确信他是死于疾病?
What else could it be?
还会是什么原因呢?
Poison.
毒药.
A disturbing thought.
这想法令人不寒而栗.
No no no, I don't think it likely.
不不不, 我不认为有这种可能.
The Hand was loved by all.
人人都爱戴国王之手.
What sort of man would dare
什么人胆敢
I've heard it said that poison is a woman's weapon.
我听说毒药是女人的武器.
Yes, women,
是的, 女人,
cravens...
懦夫...
And eunuchs.
还有太监.
Did you know that Lord Varys is a eunuch?
你知道瓦里斯大人就是个太监吧?
Everybody knows that.
人人都知道.
Yes yes, of course.
是的是的, 当然.
How that sort of person found himself
那种人是怎样
on the King's Council, I will never know.
进入御前会议的, 我实在不清楚.
I've taken enough of your time.
我耗费你太多时间了.
No trouble at all, My Lord. It's a great honor
完全没关系, 大人. 很荣幸
thank you.
谢谢你.
I'll find my own way out.
不必送了, 我自己回去.