seem to
(用以缓和语气)感到好像,觉得似乎:
I seem to have left my book at home.
我大概是把书忘在家里了。
wink (at sb)
眨一只眼,眨眼示意(尤指使眼色或表示开玩笑):
He winked at her and she knew he was thinking the same thing that she was.
他冲她眨了眨眼,她便知道他的想法和她一样。
profile of sth/sb
概述;简介;传略:
We first build up a detailed profile of our customers and their requirements.
首先,我们建立起我们的客户及其需求的详细资料。
zone out
入睡;失去知觉;走神:
I just zoned out for a moment.
我刚睡着了一会儿。
pass out
昏迷;失去知觉:
What? Did you pass out or...
怎么了? 你是晕过去了还是...
sprint for somewhere
短距离快速奔跑(或游泳):
He sprinted for the line.
他向终点线冲去。
live by sth
按照(某信念或原则)生活:
That's a philosophy I could live by.
那就是我所信奉的人生哲学。
hang on
等一下;停一下:
Hang on—I'm not quite ready.
请稍候——我还没准备好呢。
differentiate sth (from sth)
表明…间的差别;构成…间差别的特征:
The male's yellow beak differentiates it from the female.
雄鸟黄色的喙是与雌鸟相区别的主要特征。