Paul: Would you Would you hug me?
你能不能……你能不能抱我?
Chandler: I'm a little busy here Paul.
我有点忙。
Paul: That's exactly what my dad used to say!
我爸也都这么说!
Chandler: Ok, a quick one. Come on hug it out. Oh hey! There you go. Ok.
好啦,一下下,快点!行了吧!好了。
Paul: Five more seconds.
再5秒钟。
Chandler: Ok!
够了!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Paul: Joey!
乔伊。
Joey: Whoa whoa hey hey! Hi, Paul is it?
哇哇哇!嘿!怎么了?保罗是吧?
Chandler: Do you have my credit card?
我的信用卡在吗?
Joey: Yeah, it's in my...In...in my pocket. My back pocket! My back pocket!
在,在我的…我的口袋里。后面的口袋。
Chandler: Thank God!
幸好!
Joey: Oh hey listen I got us tickets to a Knicks game tonight.
我买了今天晚上尼克队的票。
Chandler: Oh, I can't go.
我不能去。
Joey: Uh come on! It'll be fun! Me, you, and Ross, and...Paul probably...
去啦,多好啊!我,你,罗斯和… 保罗吗?
Chandler: Look, I don't have time for this, ok? I gotta go.
我没空好吗,我得走了。
Paul: Wow. That was mean.
好恶劣喔。
Joey: Yeah, I know.
就是啊。
Paul: Get in here.
过来吧。
Joey: Yeah.
好。
Phoebe: Chandler, I found the perfect ring.
钱德,我找到最完美的戒指了。
Chandler: Oh, that's uh, that's pretty nice but I'm gonna go with the one I picked first.
真不错,但我还是买之前那款好了。
Phoebe: Oh wait, God, Chandler, the one you picked is gone. It's over!
天哪,钱德,那枚戒指不在了!
Chandler: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Some guy bought it. I'm sorry. I tried to stop it but they put me in jail!
被一个人买走了,对不起。我想拦住他,却被关进监狱里。
Chandler: They put you in jail?
被关进监狱里?
Phoebe: The little jail between the doors!
门和门中间的小监狱!
Chandler: Phoebe, I asked you to guard the ring!
菲比,我要你守着那枚戒指。
Phoebe: I know, I'm sorry!
我知道,对不起!
Phoebe: But you know, this ring is better! And Monica never even saw the other ring.
但是这枚比较好!莫妮卡根本没看过另一枚。
Chandler: Yeah but when he proposed to me with the ring I got goose bumps.
但是他用那枚戒指向我求婚时,我起了鸡皮疙瘩。
Phoebe: Maybe it was the guy.
也许是因为那个人。
Chandler: It was the ring!
是因为那枚戒指!
Ross: Hey! So uh, was he excited about the tickets?
他知道票的事情兴奋吗?
Joey: No! He blew us off!
不,他回绝了。
Ross: What? !
什么?!
Joey: I know!
就是啊!
Ross: I can't believe it. Can I tell you something? I'm a little mad at him now.
太不可思议了!告诉你,我现在有点生他气。
Joey: Can I tell you something? Me too.
告诉你。我也是!
Ross: You know what? He didn't wanna talk to us about being angry, well maybe we don't talk to him, at all!
他生气不告诉我们,那我们也不要告诉他!
Joey: Ooooh! Freeze him out.
冷落他。
Ross: That's right!
没错!
Joey: I like it!
我喜欢。
Ross: Eh? We'll show him!
给他好看!
Joey: From now on, it's gonna be Joey and Ross, best friends. Ok! We're gonna be the new Joey and Chandler.
以后就是乔伊与罗斯,最佳拍档。我们将是新的乔伊与钱德。
Ross: What? ! Ohh ohh ohh ohh, you think uh you and Chandler were closer than me and Chandler?
什么?你觉得你和钱德,比我和钱德要好?
Joey: Oh oh hey hey hey hey, don't get angry. We turn on each other, he wins.
别生气。我们一反目,他就赢了。
Rachel: Hi. I'm back.
我回来了。
Paul: Hey! I have so much more to tell ya, I've written it all down!
我把我想说的话都写下来了!
Rachel: Ahhh, that's great. No actually that's...That's great! That's really great! You know, I gotta tell ya writing, I mean writing, gets me uh, gets me kinda hot.
真好。真是太好了,真的好棒!说真的,写东西会燃起……我的欲火。
Paul: Wait! Wait! Listen! Listen to this! You know what I wanted to be when I was that age?
等等,你听喔!你知道我小时候想当什么?
Rachel: A lover?
情圣?
Paul: Surfer.
冲浪者。
Rachel: Oh yeah surfer?
是吗?
Paul: I wanted to be one with the waves, you know?
我想与海浪为伍?
Rachel: Ok, hold on real quick, hold on a second let me just uh, get a little more comfortable here. Wait, now wait a second, this isn't too revealing is it?
等等,等一下,让我把自己……弄得舒服一点。等一下,这样会不会太露了?
Paul: No. What ever happened to that little dude. So full of dreams…
不会,当年那个小家伙呢?充满梦想……
Rachel: I don't care about the little dude! I can't! I cannot listen to anymore of this! You know, the only person who would wanna listen to this is a mental health professional! And then it's only because they get paid $100 an hour! Do you know how much money I could've made listening to you? $2,000! And you know when I figured that out? While you were talking!
我不在乎那个小家伙!我听不下去了!只有心理医师会想听这些话!那还是因为他们1小时赚1百!你知道我听到现在可以赚多少?2千块钱!你知道我什么时候算出来的?在你唠叨的时候!
Paul: What? ! I can't believe you're trying to stifle me! When just 14 hours ago we figured out that that is exactly what my mother was trying to do to me!
你居然想扼杀我的情绪!14个小时前我们才发现,那就是我妈的目的!
Rachel: Oh…I'm sorry. I… I I don't mean I didn't mean to stifle you. I… This is all just a little overwhelming.
对不起……我不是想扼杀你的情绪……我只是有点受不了。
Paul: Oh, Rachel, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to overwhelm you. It's just that, when those gates open, it's. . hard...hard to close them. But they are closed now. Believe me.
瑞秋,对不起。我不是故意的,只不过情绪一发泄就会……不可收拾。不过现在没事了,真的。
Rachel: I'm so glad, I'm so glad you shared. And I'm glad that you're done. So what do you say we umm…
我很高兴你跟我分享你的心情。也很高兴你分享完了。那我们要不要……
Paul: I really like that.
我求之不得。
Paul: That was...so good.
真是……太棒了。
Phoebe: Hey.
嘿!
Chandler: I can't believe I let you talk me into buying this stupid gumball machine looking ring!
我居然听你的话,买下这枚像口香糖一样的蠢戒指。
Phoebe: It's not a stupid gumball machine looking ring! It's a beautiful ring!
它才不是口香糖蠢戒指,它很漂亮。
Chandler: No, it's not! When I looked at the other ring I could see Monica's face when I gave it to her, you know? And I could see her saying yes. When I look at this ring, all I see is a ring! Unless I look at it really closely and then I can see my own eye. Look, this is the most important thing I'm gonna do in my life. I wanna make sure it's perfect.
它才不漂亮!另一枚戒指,会让我看到莫妮卡的表情……我会看到她点头答应。这枚戒指只让我看到,一枚戒指!只有近看才会看到我的眼睛。这是我这辈子最重要的一件事,我想做到最完美。
Phoebe: Ok. There may be a way that we can get the other ring back. 'Cause I heard the guy tell the jeweler where he was gonna propose. So maybe we can get him to trade rings or something.
我们或许能把那枚戒指要回来。我听到那个人准备求婚的地方,或许我们可以说服他交换。
Chandler: I can't do that.
我不能这么做。
Phoebe: Well you certainly can't give her that stupid gumball ring.
你总不能给她那枚口香糖蠢戒指。
Chandler: All right, where was he going?
好吧,他要去哪里?
Phoebe: Yeah, it's a restaurant......it's...The Rainbow something.
一家餐厅……彩虹什么的。
Chandler: Rainbow Room?
彩虹餐厅?
Phoebe: Nope.
不是。
Chandler: Rainbow Grill?
彩虹烧烤?
Phoebe: Nope.
不是。
Chandler: Somewhere Over the…?
彩虹的彼端?(电影“绿野仙踪”主题曲)
Phoebe: L'Espace.
空间。
Chandler: Rainbow L'Espace!
彩虹空间?
Phoebe: No no, just L'Espace.
不是,只有空间。
Chandler:...I'd love to know how you got from rainbow to L'Espace.
我很乐意想知道你是怎么从彩虹想到空间的。
Phoebe: No you wouldn't. You don't wanna get in here.
你不会想知道的。我的思路很复杂。
Phoebe: There he is!
就是他!
Chandler: Ok and he hasn't proposed yet because she has no ring on her finger.
好,他还没求婚,因为她没有戴戒指。
Phoebe: Wow! You're good! After this, we should solve crimes.
你真行,我们应该去当侦探。
Chandler: Yeah!
没错。
Chandler: Ok, go, go, go get him.
去请他过来。
Phoebe: Oh, ok.
好。
Phoebe: Excuse me sir? Could you come with me please? You have a phone call.
抱歉,请您来一下。有您的电话。
Customer: Who is it?
是谁?
Phoebe: It is your office.
是你的公司打来的。
Customer: Do you know who at my office?
你知道是谁吗?
Phoebe: John?
约翰?
Customer: Oh John! Great!
约翰啊,太好了!
Phoebe: Here he is.
他来了。
Chandler: Hi! Hi. Ok, there was a slight mix up at the jewelry store, the ring you're about to propose with was supposed to be held for me. So, I'm gonna need to have that back. But, in exchange I'm willing to trade you this beautiful, more expensive ring. Ew.
你好,珠宝店搞错了,他们把为我保留的戒指卖给你。所以我得跟你要回来,不过我愿意拿这枚美丽的,更昂贵的戒指和你交换。
Phoebe: Wow! I would trade.
要是我就换。
Customer: It is beautiful, but I'm gonna use this one. Now, if you'll excuse me.
的确很美,但是我要用这一枚。失陪了。
Chandler: No no! This is my fiancée and her heart was set on that ring. You don't wanna break her heart now do you?
不,这位是我的未婚妻,她就是要这枚戒指。你不会想伤她的心吧?
Phoebe: Yeah, do you wanna break a dying woman's heart?
对啊,你想伤一位垂死女人的心吗?
Customer: You're dying? !
你要死了?!
Chandler: Yeah, she's dying…Of a cough apparently.
她快死于……咳嗽了。
Phoebe: Yes, and it is my dying wish to have that ring. See, if I'm not buried with that ring then my spirit is going to wander the nether world for all eternity…
对,我临死前想拥有那枚戒指。要是不能戴着它入土,我会变成孤魂野鬼在阴间……
Chandler: Ok, that's enough honey!
够了,亲爱的!
Customer: Uh…I don't know. All right, let me see the ring.
额……我不晓得。再让我看一次。
Chandler: Great! Ok, here.
当然,请看。
Customer: All right, I'll do it.
好吧,跟你换。
Chandler: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! And you are about to marry a wonderful man! Hey! I'm marrying a dead woman!
谢谢,谢谢,谢谢你!即将嫁给一个大好人!我要娶一个死人!
Chandler: Guys? I've got something important to tell ya. Guys? Guys? ! I'm gonna ask Monica to marry me.
兄弟们?我有大事要宣布,兄弟们?兄弟们?兄弟们?我要跟莫妮卡求婚了。
Joey: I think we gotta end the freeze out.
我们应该对他中止冷落。
Ross: Wait a minute, is this, is this for real?
等等,你是来真的?
Chandler: Yeah, check out the ring.
对,戒指在这里。
Joey: Oh my God!
天哪!
Ross: So you two are really serious? !
这么说你俩真的是认真的?!
Chandler: Yep, pretty much.
差不多。
Ross: You you're gonna get married? ! I mean…We're gonna be brothers in law! Come here!
你们要结婚了?我们要成为亲戚了,过来!
Joey: And and and and and and, and we're gonna be friends again!
我们又可以当朋友了!
Chandler: Heyyyy What?
什么?
Joey: Oh the water under the bridge, forget it!
过去的事就别提了!
Chandler: Ok!
好吧!
Chandler: I was gonna wait til uh, it was official you know? But I got so excited I just had to tell you guys 'cause you're my best friends.
我本来想等搞定再说,但我还是忍不住要告诉你们,因为你们是我的最好的朋友。
Joey: I can't believe this!
我真不敢相信!
Ross: Me too! And I was planning on having a conversation with you about your intentions.
我也是!我本来还想问你有什么打算。
Rachel: Ugh! No more crying! Please! I just dumped one cry baby, I'll dump you too!
我要哭了!别再哭了,拜托!我刚甩掉一个爱哭宝宝,小心我也甩了你!
Chandler: I'm gonna ask Monica to marry me.
我要跟莫妮卡求婚。
Rachel: Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh Chandler! You guys are gonna be so happy!
我的天哪,我的天哪!钱德,你们会好幸福!
Chandler: I know.
我知道。
Joey: Where's all the tissues? !
面纸都死哪去了?
Chandler: Check out the ring.
这是戒指。
Rachel: Nice! One and a half carat easy.
真好,至少有1.5克拉。
Phoebe: Hi.
嘿。
Ross: Hey hey Pheebs! Chandler's gonna ask Monica to marry him!
嘿菲比!钱德要跟莫妮卡求婚了!
Phoebe: Oh I know, I helped pick out the ring.
我知道,是我陪他去挑戒指的。
Ross: You told her before you told us?
你先告诉她?
Chandler: Well, she walked in when I was looking at the ring brochures. You can understand that, right? Guys? Guys? Guys?
我在看戒指目录时被她撞见 你们能谅解吧?兄弟们?兄弟们?兄弟们?
Ross: God, that ring Chandler picked out was so beautiful.
天哪,钱德选的戒指好美。
Phoebe: Yeah, you should know. You've bought like a billion of them.
你当然很懂,你买过一大堆。
Ross: Ahh, humor based on my pain.
拿我的痛处开玩笑。
Rachel: Ha! Hey you know what's funny? Of all of your wives, I'm the only one who never got a ring.
有趣的是。你的老婆里只有我没拿到戒指。
Ross: This, uh, a big issue for you? Or?
你很在意吗?
Rachel: No, but, you know, it would've been nice to have a little memento of our married time together. Something other than the divorce papers and the hangover.
不是,只不过如果能有我们结婚的纪念品,总是蛮好的。而不要只有离婚证书和烂醉。
Phoebe: Ross is obviously not gonna get you a ring. But ask for a musket. Ask for a musket!
罗斯显然不会送你戒指。不过跟他要毛瑟枪好了,毛瑟枪!
Ross: Hey, when we were married you know what I never got? Umm…sex.
你知道我们结婚时,少做了什么事?额……上床。
Rachel: Well, yeah. No ring, no sex. Big surprise.
没戒指当然没得做,你还敢提。
Phoebe: Get me a musket and we'll talk.
给我把毛瑟枪,咱们什么都好说。