It's a Wonderful Life. Yes I've heard of this.
是“美好人生”(又译《风云人物》),这个我听说过。
So you can't lose, it's there in the title. Wonderfullness is baked right in.
所以没问题,片名说明了一切,包你美妙得不得了。
Please, I almost fell for that with, uh, Pride of the Yankees, I thought I was gonna see a film about Yankee pride and then, boom, the guy gets Lou Gehrig's disease.
拜托,我已经被《扬基的骄傲》给骗了,(讲述球员卢格里克生病去世的故事)我以为是关于扬基队的骄傲的故事。然后… 那个家伙得了卢格里克症。
Uh, the guy was Lou Gehrig. Didn't you kinda see it coming?
那个家伙就叫卢格·里克,你没预感吗?
Phoebe, just watch that, I promise it will resotre all your faith in humanity.
你看就是了,我保证能让你恢复对人类的信心。
Hey, big guy, game time.
大个儿,球赛时间到了。
Hey, be right there.
好,马上来。
There's a game?
有球赛?
Uh, yeah, I just got my pickup sticks back from the shop. Bring your nerves of steel.
对,我刚从店里,拿了棍子玩具回来,带着你的铁胆来。
It's the basketball playoff.
是篮球决赛。
Listen, um honey, I appreciate this but you don't have to keep hanging out with them for me, I mean, they have each other.
亲爱的,你这样我很感激,但是你不用为了我跟他们混。反正他们两个可以做伴。
Oh, no, honey, I mean, don't worry, I like hanging out with those guys. It's fun for me.
不,亲爱的,别担心。我很喜欢跟他们混,很好玩。
They're different than my other friends, they don't start sentences with, 'You know who just died shoveling snow?'
他们跟我别的朋友不同。他们不会一见面就说,“你知道谁铲雪时死了吗?”。
All right that's great, then just go. Go Knicks.
好吧,那就去吧。加油,尼克队。
Uh, it's the college playoffs.
是大学篮球决赛。
Oh, then go Vassar.
加油,瓦萨大学。
Uh, they're not in it.
他们没在这个联赛里。
Ok, then just go.
那加油吧。
Ok.
好。
Oh, why does this bother me so much? I mean II don't wanna be one of those people who tells their boyfriend they wanna spend 24 hours a day with them.
我为什么要那么在意呢?我并不想当那种要男友24小时都在一起的人。
Sure.
对呀。
It's just that he doesn't have that much free time, you know, and I don't know, what do I do?
只是他空闲的时间不多,我不知道,我到底该怎么办?
Does it matter? You're ultimately just gonna die or get divorced or have to blow your pets head off.
有关系吗?你始终都会死,或离婚,或枪杀你的宠物。
Aghh. Me too.
啊。我也是。
Waitwait a sec, I got a question. Richard made plans again with the guys.
瑞秋,我有个问题,理查又跟他们做计划了…
Yeah well, Ross just made plans for the whole century.
对,罗斯刚计划了整个世纪。
And You know what, I think I'm gonna go to my room and read Cosmo, maybe there's something helpful in there.
我想我要回房去看时尚杂志了,或许会读到什么有用的。
Now at least maybe I can learn how to do an at home bikini wax with leftover Christmas candles.
不然至少可以学会,怎样用圣诞树剩下的蜡烛除毛。
Ok, what the hell happened back there?
你刚刚是怎么回事?
I don't know, you tell me. One minute I'm holding Ben like a football, the next thing I know, I've got two kids, I'm living in Scarsdale complaining about the taxes.
不知道,你告诉我吧。我刚刚还像抱足球一样抱着班,接下来我就有两个孩子…住在斯卡斯代尔,抱怨着税太高。
Well I'm sorry, I think about stuff. You know, I mean, you're at work, you're assembling bones, your mind wanders.
那抱歉,我就是爱想些事情。我是说,工作的时候,一边弄骨头就会一边乱想嘛。
Ross, you have planned out the next 20 years of our lives, we've been dating for six weeks.
你计划了我们往后二十年生活,我们才在一起六周。
Oh come on, what, you never think about our future?
你从不想未来的事吗?
Yes, but I, I think about who's apartment we're gonna sleep at tomorrow night and, and where we're gonna have dinner next Saturday night.
想,但我想的是,我们明晚住谁那边好…下个礼拜六晚上,我们去哪里吃晚饭。
I do not think about what our children's names are gonna be. You know what our children's names are gonna be.
我不会去想,我们的孩子会叫什么名字。你知道我们的孩子会叫什么名字对吧?
No, no, I mean, you know, I, I read a book and there was a girl named Emily and I thought, I thought that might be good.
不…我…我是说我看到一本书,里头有个女孩叫艾蜜莉。我觉得…我觉得还不错。
What was the book?
哪一本书?
The big book of childrens' name.
“儿童命名大全”。
Ok, Ross, Ross, ok listen, what we have is amazing. Yeah.
你听着,我们在一起很棒。对。
But I do not wanna have everything decided for me. I spent my whole life like that.
但我不要别人为我决定好一切。我那样过一辈子了。
It's what I had with Barry, that was one of the reasons I left. I, I like not knowing right now and I'm sorry if that scares you but if you wanna be with me you are gonna have to deal with that.
我跟贝瑞就是那样,那是我离开的原因之一。我喜欢有未知,如果那样吓着了你,那很抱歉,但若你要跟我在一起就接受吧。
Ok, fine!
好,很好。
Thank you.
谢谢。
We're not done.
还没完呢。
I didn't know that.
那我不知道。
Ok, then you're gonna have to understand that you're with a guy who's not gonna stop planning his future with you because he knows that we're gonna end up together.
跟你在一起的人,不会停止去计划他跟你的未来,因为他知道我们最后会在一起。
And if that scares you, tough, 'cause you're gonna have to deal with that.
如果你害怕了,很不幸,因为你必须学会接受。
Fine, I will.
很好,我会的。
Good, 'cause I love you.
好,因为我爱你。
Oh yeah. Yeah.
是么?是。
Well I love you too.
我也爱你。
Well that's the first time we've said that.
我们第一次互相说我爱你。
Yes it is.
没错。
Well, I'm gonna kiss you.
那我就要亲你了。
Well you better.
最好是这样。
Hey. Oh thanks for the great movie tip.
谢谢你给我的建议。
Yeah did you like it?
你喜欢吗?
Oh yeah. You know, I don't know if I was happier when um George Bailey destroyed the family business or um, Donna Reed cried, or when the mean pharmacist made his ear bleed.
喜欢。我不知道,我是该在乔治毁了事业之后…还是在唐娜哭,或是在药剂师害他耳朵流血时会比较快乐。
All right, I'll give you the ear thing but don't you think the ending was pretty wonderful?
好吧,我选耳朵流血,你不觉得结局很好吗?
I didn't watch the ending, I was too depressed. It just kept getting worse and worse, it should've been called, "It's a sucky life and just when you think it can't suck any more it does."
结局我根本就没看,我太沮丧了。剧情越来越叫人家失望,这片子应该叫:“人生真烂,就在你觉得无法更烂时,它更烂。”
Kick save and...denied.
踢球,守住!…接住了。
But...he gets it back, pass to the middle, lines it up and...BAM! Yes! Could that shot BE any prettier?
但他抢回来,传到中间,然后准备踢,碰…太棒了!那球还可以踢得更漂亮吗?
Man you are incredible.
老兄,你真厉害。
Well, we had a table in college.
我们大学时也有这玩意儿。
Oh really, I didn't know they had foosball in the 1800's.
我不晓得,1800年也有桌上足球。
Nice moustache by the way. When puberty hits that thing's really gonna kick in.
对了,你的胡子不错,青春期一到就会茂盛起来。
Honey. Uh, not to sound too Florence Henderson but, dinner's on the table.
我也不想太像福劳伦斯汉德森(女演员),但晚餐做好了。
Ok, just one more point.
再得一分。
Score! Now can we go?
得分!可以走了吗?
See, that's why we don't let her play.
看吧,所以我们才不让她玩。
Is everything all right?
一切都还好吧?
Umhmm.
嗯哼。
Uhoh.
啊哦。
Oh hey listen, don't be mad at him, it's our fault. I'm sorry we've been hogging so much of his time.
听我说,别跟他生气,是我们的错。我们占了他太多时间了。
Yeah, hehehe's just really great to hang out with.
是呀,跟他真的是很棒。
Well...
这个嘛…
No no, seriously, Chandler and I were just talking about this. He is so much cooler than our dads.
不…说真的。我跟钱德刚才还在说,他比我们的爸爸酷多了。
I mean, you know, our dad's are ok, you know, but Richard is just ow, ow. What are you kicking me for? Huh? I'm trying to talk here.
我是说我们爸爸是还好啦,可是理查好…你踢我干什么?我正在讲话,你…
Uh, you guys see me as a dad?
你们觉得我像父辈的?
Oh yeah.
对呀。
No.
不。
Nooooo.
不。
You're just, you're just clearly not familiar with our young persons vernacular. See, when we say dad, we mean buddy. We mean pal.
你很显然不了解,我们年轻人的用语。我们“爸爸”的意思是指兄弟,是“伙伴”的意思。
Uhhuh, yeah.
嗯哼,对。
No no no, seriously, I, Joey's my dad, Monica's my dad. I've even got some dads down at work.
我说真的,乔伊是我爸,莫妮卡也是我爸。我们公司里还有一些我爸爸。
That's fine. Well, your other dad and I are gonna go have a romantic evening and I guess I'll just see you kids around.
很好。你们的另外一个爸爸跟我,要去有一个浪漫的夜晚了。孩子们,我们改天见了。
Nightynite.
晚安了。
You're not a dad. You're not a dad. Not a dad.
你不是一个爸。不是一个爸。
I can't believe you got us into trouble.
真不敢相信你干的好事。
So are you ok?
你还好吗?
Yeah, just, I feel like I'm about a hundred. I thought I was just one of the guys.
只是…我只是觉得自己像一百岁的样子,我还以为我跟他们一样。
Come here. I'll make you feel like one of the guys.
过来。我会让你觉得,你跟他们一样。
You know for a really cool guy, you suck at foosball.
对一个很酷的人来说,你的足球烂透了。
What're you talking about, I was killing them.
我痛宰了他们。
Yeah, well they suck too.
他们也很烂。
Ok, and then you take the poopie diaper and you put it in the poopie diaper pail.
对,然后你把有便便的尿布,丢到便便尿布桶里去。
Ok Ross, just so you know, calling it a poopie diaper doesn't make this process any cuter.
叫它们便便尿布,并不会让这个过程更可爱。
Hello.
你好。
It's us.
是我们。
Come on up. I'm gonna get the rest of his stuff together.
上来吧。我去准备他其他的东西。
Ok, we can do this now, can't we Ben? Yes we can, yes we can. There. I did it. Haha, I did it. Look at that, oh, stays on and everything. Hi.
我们做得到的,是不是,班?对,我们可以。对,我们可以。好了。我换好了。你瞧瞧。紧紧的包在屁屁上。嗨。
Hi.
嗨。
I'm sorry, what did you just say? Did you just say hi? Oh my God, Ross, Ross, Ben just said 'Hi'.
对不起,你刚刚说什么?你刚刚说“嗨”啊?天啊,罗斯…班刚说“嗨”耶!
Wha, what? Ben just said hi.
什么?班刚说“嗨”。
What, the word hi?
什么?那个字“嗨”吗?
Ye, no, my Uncle Hi.
不,是我的叔叔“嗨”。
Great, great, and I miss that too, I miss everything.
太好了,我也错过了,我错过一切了。
Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I just bring it out in him.
我猜我太有魅力了。
Hello. Where is he? We missed you. We missed you so much! Come here, Ben.
你好。他在哪里?我们想你。我们好想你,过来,班。
Guess what? Ben just said his first word.
你们猜,班刚说了哪个字?
What did he say?
他说什么了?
Something about hi.
什么嗨不嗨的。
That's so exciting.
真是令人兴奋。
Mommy is so proud of you. Hi. Hi.
妈咪好骄傲哦。嗨,嗨。
You know, actually it's more like, hi.
事实上比较像这样,“嗨”。
Hi. Hi. Hi...
嗨。嗨。嗨...
Ok, this could go on for a while.
这可能要玩很久。
You're right, we got a cab waiting downstairs.
计程车还在楼下等我们呢。
Well, this was fun. Uh, we should really do it again sometime, Ben, what do you say? Ok. All right so I've got him...
这真好玩,我们改天一定还要这样子。班,你说怎么样呢?好吧,下一次是…
Tuesday.
星期二。
Tuesday right. Ok, bye you guys.
星期二。好,再见了。
Take care.
保重。
Bye Ben.
再见,班。
Bye.
再见。
Did, did he just, did he, did he just say, he said bye. He said bye. You said, you said bye to me. You said bye to me.
他刚刚…他…他刚刚说再见吗?他说再见…你说再见,他对我说再见。
Yes, he did!
没错!
Suddenly I'm seeing him go off to college.
我已经可以幻想他去上大学了!
We gotta go, we got that cab downstairs. OKay, alright, alright, ok.
我们得走了,计程车在楼下等。好的,好的。
See you later.
再见…
Bye. Bye. Bye...Oh!
再见。再见。再见...哦!
Oh wow, look at this nice deep hole I've been digging. Hey Bert, isn't this a neece nice hole here. Hey.
我看挖的这个洞好深,伯特(《芝麻街》)…这洞是不是挖得很好?
Ok, Ben, this is the part where Ernie buries Bert in the sand and can't find him. Now, I've looked ahead on the tape and he does find him again.
班,这是厄尼把伯特埋在沙里头,然后找不到他。现在,我已经先看过了,他后来有找到他。
But, ok, before that happens, there's some pretty rough goin' for a while but I think we can handle it. And, there's just the alphabet but we know that ends well so. Ok, here we go.
可是,在那之前呢,会先有一些让人很难受的情节。可是我想我们挺得住。这些只是前面的情节,可是我知道结局会很好的…好,继续了。
Bert, Bert. Bert. Hey, what happened to my friend Bert? He was here just a moment ago. Oh no, my old friend Bert is lost.
伯特…?我的朋友伯特怎么了?他刚刚还在这里。不,伯特不见了?
Oh, I'm so glad you're here.
噢,真高兴你在这儿。