Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey! Wow, it is true what they say, pregnant bellies look like a drum.
他们说的是真的,怀孕的腹部像个大鼓。
Phoebe: Ha-ha. No, it's just I'm so pregnant that I- my guitar doesn't fit anymore. So I thought til I'm not, I'm just gonna play all my songs on this drum. It sounds really cool!
呵呵,不,我的肚子大得连吉他也拿不了了,那我要用这鼓来伴唱了,那听来很不错!
Chandler: All right.
好吧。
Phoebe: Listen. Listen. Ok. Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?
听,听,他们给你吃什么了?
Joey: Wow, Pheebs! That sounds great!
菲比,那听来不错!
Phoebe: I know! I know, and I've only been playing for like an hour!
我知道!我只弹了一小时!
Alice: Phoebe! Phoebe! Hi! Hi!
菲比!菲比!嗨!嗨!
Phoebe: Hey! What're you doing here?
你们在这里做什么?
Alice: Umm, actually, I came down to ask you a big favor.
其实我来是想让你帮我更大的忙。
Phoebe: Oh, well, don't tell me you wanna keep more of your stuff in my uterus.
别告诉我你要在我子宫里放更多的东西。
Alice: No. No. No. Ok, now, see, I wanna name the girl baby Leslie, and uh Frank wants to name one of the boy babies Frank Jr. Jr.
不是,好吧,我是想,我给女孩起名荣斯利,佛兰克想叫男孩佛兰克,杰·杰。
Chandler: Wouldn't that be Frank the III?
那不就是弗兰克三世?
Alice: Don't get me started. Anyway, umm, since there are three babies and umm, we both got to put our names in, we would be truly honored if you would name the other boy baby.
别帮我开始,有三个孩子,我们起了其中的两个,我们非常荣幸假如你给另外的那个孩子起名。
Phoebe: Wow! That's so nice! Oh! Oh! Cougar.
那太好了!美洲狮。
Alice: You think about it.
你想一下再说。
Emily: I left a bra drying on the shower rod, you don't think your son will think it's yours and be horribly traumatized?
我在那里留下一个胸罩干洗了,你儿子会以为那是你的精神会受损伤的?
Ross: Hey, mommy can have a wife, daddy can have a bra.
妈妈可以有老婆,爸爸就可以有胸罩。
Emily: Ohh, it's time to go.
该走了。
Ross: Oh, no-no-no, see, that-that clock's a little fast, uh, we, we still have 17 minutes. Huh, what can we do in 17 minutes? Twice?
不,那个钟快了一点,我们还有17分钟,什么事可以在17分钟内做两次?
Emily: Well that's ambitious.
野心真大。
Ross: Ok, uh, you can ignore that.
别理它。
Emily: That's Carol with your son!
是卡萝带你儿子来了!
Ross: Uhh, believe me when he's older, he'll understand.
相信我,他长大点的话他就会明白了。
Carol: Ross!
罗斯!
Ross: I'll be right there. Hello! Hello! Hey. Uhh, Emily, this is Carol and Susan.
我马上来,你好!艾蜜莉,这是卡萝和苏珊。
Susan: Hey, it's so nice to finally meet you! -Emily: Me too!
最后能跟你见面真好!-我也是!
Carol: Ohh, you know, Susan's gonna be shooting a commercial in London next week.
你知道吗?苏珊下星期要去伦敦拍广告。
Susan: Oh yeah, I'm so excited, I've never been there.
对,我好兴奋,我没去过。
Emily: Oh, well, I'll show you around.
我陪你。
Susan: Oh that'd be great! Also, uh, I was hoping to catch a show so if you can make any suggestions...
太好了,我还想看时装秀,你有什么建议?
Emily: Oh, there's tons of terrific stuff- I'll go with you!
有很多都很棒,我陪你去!
Susan: Ahh!
啊!
Ross: Oh, I'm sorry. Uh, look at you two, bonding, making us late for the airport so...
对不起,哦,你们可真聊得来,去机场都快来不及了。
Emily: Are you all right?
你没事吧?
Susan: Oh, he's fine. He's fine. It's just that us getting along is difficult for him, because he doesn't like me.
他没事,他不喜欢我们处得来,因为他不喜欢我。
Ross: What? Oh come on! That's-that's...true.
拜托,我...... 没错。
Chandler: How did we...lose?
我们会输?
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey! Do we have a baby name yet?
名字想好了吗?
Phoebe: Ugh! No! This is so hard! I went through this whole book and found nothing! I want a name that's really, like, you know, strong and confident, you know? Like-like Exxon.
还没,好难喔,翻这本书也没收获,我想取个勇猛有自信,例如埃克森(美国最大的石油制品公司之一)。
Chandler: Well, it certainly worked for that Valdez kid.
很适合姓瓦尔德斯的小孩(埃克森·瓦尔德斯号油轮)。
Joey: Ooh-ooh, Pheebs, you want a strong name? How about, The Hulk?
你要勇猛的名字?绿巨人如何?
Phoebe: No, I'm-I'm not sure about Hulk, but I like the idea of a name starting with "The."
绿巨人不太好,不过我喜欢什么“人”的。
Joey: Oh, you want a good name, go with Joey. Joey's your pal. Joey's your buddy. "Where is everybody?" "Well, they're hanging out with Joey."
想取好名字?就取乔伊,乔伊是好朋友,好兄弟,人都在哪里?都跟乔伊在一起。
Chandler: Hey, you know what, if you're gonna do that, if you're gonna name him Joey, you should name him Chandler.
要取乔伊,还不如取钱德。
Oh, come on! Chandler's funny, he's sophisticated, and he's very loveable, once you get to know him.
钱德风趣、成熟,一旦了解他就会觉得他久经世故还很可爱。
Joey: Oh well, hey, Joey's loveable too! But the thing about Joey is, if you need him, he'll be there.
乔伊也很可爱,重要的是当你需要乔伊他就会出现。
Chandler: Well, Chandler will be there for you too. I mean, he might be a little late, but-but, he'll be there. And he'll bring you some cold soda, if what you need him for is that you're really hot.
钱德也会出现,或许会慢一点,不过他一定会出现,他还会带冰汽水来,如果你找他是因为你很热的话。
Joey: Hey, What do ya say? What do ya say?
你觉得呢?
Phoebe: Well, I, I like the idea of naming him after someone I love, and Joey and Chandler are great names. But, all right, I don't- maybe I will just name him The Hulk.
跟心爱的人同名的想法很好,乔伊和钱德都是很棒的名字,但是我不...... 或是就叫绿巨人好了。
Joey: I knew I shouldn't've mentioned it! That's what I wanted to name my kid!
我不该提的,我想留给我小孩用!
Rachel: Hey, Mon, if you were hoping to sleep with Joshua for the first time tonight, which one of these would you wanna be wearing.
嘿,莫,要是你想跟约书亚上床,会穿哪一件?
Monica: You know what? It really creeps me out choosing other people's sex clothes.
我觉得帮别人挑性感睡衣很怪。
Rachel: Sorry. I'm just so exited! I've been waiting for this for a month! I got my hair colored! I got new sheets! I'm making him a very fancy meal.
对不起,我太兴奋了,我等了好几个月我跑去染发,换了床单,还帮他煮大餐。
Monica: Um-hmm.
嗯。
Rachel: What am I making him by the way?
我在煮什么?
Monica: Well, you're making him a frieze salad with goat cheese and pine nuts, wild nuts, wild rice, roast asparagus, and salmon au croup.
发缨沙拉,还有芝士松子抄冰,烤芦笋还有鲑鱼烤碎面包块。
Rachel: well, I thought I was making him filet mignon.
好吧,我以为自己在给他做小肉片。
Monica: Yeah, you were, but you decided to make salmon because you had some left over at the restaurant.
是的,你本来谁,但是你决定了做鲑鱼是因为还有剩一点,
And then you realised if you (Points at Rachel) bitched about it, then you (Points to herself) would stop cooking, and you (Points at Rachel) would have to make your famous baked potato and Diet Coke.
那你认识到你是掠子的话,你就不再煮东西了,那你就必须做著名的烤马铃薯和减肥克乐了。
Rachel: Wow, I really get crabby when I cook.
“我”煮菜时火气真大。
Monica: I don't know why you're going through all this trouble anyway? He's a guy. You could actually serve the potato and he'd still wanna have sex with you.
你何必这么麻烦,他是个男人,你上马铃薯,他还是会想跟你上床。
Rachel: Yeah, well, that is not how I operate.
那不是我的作风。
Chandler: We gotta get a new game.
我们得换一种游戏。
Ross: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: So uh, Emily called last night...
艾蜜莉昨晚打电话来了。
Chandler: And now you're giving me the message?
你现在才转告我?
Ross: Turns out that Emily is just crazy about Susan. Yeah, they're going to the theatre together! They're going to dinner! They're going horseback riding!
结果艾蜜莉爱死苏珊了,她们一起去看戏,她们一起吃晚饭,她们一起去骑马!
Phoebe: God, Susan is so fun!
苏珊真会玩!
Ross: Look, this is just a little too familiar, ok? For, for like, for like six months before Carol and I spilt up, all I heard was: "My friend Susan is, is so smart. My friend Susan is so funny. My friend Susan is so great."
这个情节太熟悉了,我和卡萝分手前整整半年,我整天只听到 “我朋友苏珊好聪明”“我朋友苏珊好风趣” “我朋友苏珊好棒”。
Chandler: You actually think that something could happen between Emily and Susan?
你觉得艾蜜莉和苏珊会擦出火花?
Ross: Hey, they're going to the gym together! Two women! Stretching! Y' know they-they take a steam together! Things get a little playful—didn't you see Personal Best?
她们一起上健身房耶,两个女人!在拉拉扯扯!他们去蒸桑那,那更好玩没看过“个人最佳”吗?
Joey: No, but I'm gonna!
不,我要!
Chandler: Hi! Hi! You're crazy! Okay? This is Emily. Emily is straight.
嗨!你疯了,爱米丽是直的。
Ross: How do you know? I mean we thought Carol was straight before I married her!
你怎么知道?我们也以为卡罗尔是直的
Phoebe: Yeah, I definitely. I don't like the name Ross.
对,当然我不喜欢洛斯的名字。
Ross: What a weird way to kick me when I am down.
这简直是落井下石。
Phoebe: No! No! I just-I meant for the baby!
我是说宝宝的名字!
Ross: Oh. What's wrong with Ross?
罗斯有什么不好?
Phoebe: Well, it's just you know that something like this would never happen to like The Hulk, you know...
就像笨船一样永不会发生的。
Ross: Actually that-that's not true, in The Incredible Hulk uh, No. 72, Dr. Bruce Banner found...you know, ugh, never mind, my girlfriend's a lesbian.
那不是真的,那“难以置信的笨船”72号,布鲁斯班乐医生发现了——你知道算了,我的女朋友是同姓恋。
Phoebe: So, I decided I'm definitely gonna go with either Joey or Chandler.
我一定会在乔伊和钱德里选一个的。
Joey: Oh! Oh, oh, what, you gotta pick Joey! I mean, name one famous person named Chandler.
你一定要选乔伊!有哪个名人叫钱德?
Chandler: Raymond Chandler.
雷蒙钱德。
Joey: Someone you didn't make up!
你捏造的人不算!
Chandler: Ok, there are no, famous Joeys. Except for, huh, Joey Buttafucco.
乔伊才没有名人,除了,乔伊巴塔富寇(一个二流演员)。
Joey: Yeah, that guy really hurt us.
他的确是我们的心头之痛。
Phoebe: Well, how about a compromise then, ok? What if it's, you know, Chanoey?
加起来除以二如何?例如,钱道伊?
Chandler: Ok, look, Joey! Come on, think about it, first of all, he'll never be President. I mean there's never gonna be a President Joey.
乔伊,你想嘛!他绝对当不上总统,绝对不会出现乔伊总统。
Joey: All right look man, I didn't wanna bring this up, but Chandler, is the stupidest name I ever heard in my life!
听着,我本来不想提的,但钱德是我听过最蠢的名字,
It's not even a name; it's barely even a word. Ok? It's kinda like chandelier, but it's not!
它根本不是名字,连个词都不是,它有点接近chandelier(吊灯),但又不是,
And then you put it together with Bing and forget about it! It's a stupid, stupid non-name!
再配上“宾”就更别提了,它是个蠢到爆的非名字。
Chandler: Wow, you're, you're right. I have a horrible, horrible name.
天哪,你说得对,我的名字烂透了。
Joey: I'm sorry man, I didn't- I'm-I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
对不起,我不是......对不起。
Chandler: Ok.
好吧。
Joey: So I guess it's Joey then! I mean-
所以就是乔伊了。
Joshua: This is so nice. Thank you for doing this.
真好,谢谢你这么费心。
Rachel: Ohh, please! Cooking soothes me. Ahh. So, dig in!
别客气,烹饪能舒缓我的心,吃吧!
Joshua: Great! Oh, it all looks sooo good!
看起来都好好吃!
Rachel: Hmmm!
嗯!
Joshua: Oh my God!
天哪!
Rachel: Oh I know, my God, this is so- this rice is so - I am so good.
我知道,天哪,这个饭好...... 我的手艺真好。
Joshua: Behind you?
你后面?
Rachel: Oh, yeah, I'm sorry. They used to live here; sometimes they migrate back over.
没事,它们以前住这里,有时会迁徙回来。
Joshua: Is there ah, is there some way that they could uh, not be here. It's just ah, farm birds really kinda freak me out!
能不能让它们不要在这里,我最怕家禽了!
Rachel: Yeah, sure, ok. Ok.
好。