手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第十季 > 正文

老友记 第10季:第04集 艾玛的生日蛋糕(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Monica: Hey guys!

嗨,大家。
Ross, Rachel and Chandler: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: Honey, I got us that room at the Woodford Inn this weekend.
亲爱的,这周末我有订到那个伍德福饭店。
Monica: That place in Vermont? You can take a hint!
就是在佛蒙特的?我的暗示果然有用!
Rachel: Wait, you can't go away this weekend! It's Emma's birthday!
你们这周未不能外出啊!那天是艾玛生日。
Ross: Yeah!
是啊!
Rachel: We're having a party.
会有一个派对。
Monica: Well, can't you just have the party when we get back?
能不能等我们回来再举办呢?
Rachel: No.
不能。
Ross: No.
不能。
Rachel: that day...that won't be her real birthday!
那就会很怪,等于不是她真正的生日。
Chandler: Gee if only she were one and had no idea what the hell a birthday was!
喔,更何况她才一岁也不知道生日到底是什么。
Ross: Come on, you guys, this is really important to us.
嘿,这对我们很重要呢。
Monica: I'm sorry, but Chandler and I could really use a weekend away. You know, to reconnect...emotionally.
喔,很抱歉,我和钱德希望一起度过假日,我们想沟通沟通,心理上的。
Chandler: There's this thing I really want us to do. I read about it in Maxim.
我们从以前就很想做这件事。我在美信杂志看到的。
Rachel: Well, can't you just go to Vermont the next day?
你们可以选择其他日子吧?
Ross: Yeah, we want everyone to be there. As much as I hate to delay you doing weird sex stuff to my little sister.
我们非常希望大家都能来...跟我非常讨厌你对我妹做那奇怪的“性”事,一样多。
Rachel: And I mean, you know, you guys...This is a big deal. I mean, how can we have her first birthday party without her aunt and her uncle? !
这是一件大事呢她不能度过她的一岁生日,如果没有她姑姑和姑父陪她。
Ross: I promise I...I won't do any magic.
我保证我绝对不会表演魔术的。
Monica: All right, we'll stay. We just drive up after the party.
好的,我们会留下来,我们在派对以后可以赶过去。
Chandler: Fine, but if we end up not doing this Maxim thing because of this party...
如果派对的事情害我们没做杂志上的事情…
Monica: Believe me, that is not why we won't be doing that!
那不是理由,好不好?
Rachel: You know Pheebs, when I was little, on my birthday, my daddy would hide a present in every room of the house, and then he would draw a treasure map to help me find them all.
你知道吗,菲比,我小的时候... 在我的生日...我爸会在家里每个房间藏礼物然后会给我们“宝藏地图” 叫我们自己找。
Phoebe: Oooh, I love family traditions like that. When uhm...when Ursula and I were kids, on our birthday, our stepdad would sell his blood to buy us food!
喔,我喜欢这种家庭习俗。但小时候,在我生日我继父会去卖他的血来买吃的。
Ross: Hey, guys!
嗨,大家!
Rachel and Phoebe: Hi!
嗨。
Ross: Hey, I brought the camera for Emma's video.
我带了摄像机,来录艾玛的派对。
Rachel: Oh, good, good! We had this idea to make a birthday video for Emma and we'll give it to her when she is 18.
喔,好呢。我们想要录艾玛的派对。当她十八岁时,再拿给她看。
Phoebe: Oh, cool! Wow, it's like a time capsule!
喔,酷。就像一个“时空胶囊”。
Ross: Yeah!
是啊。
Phoebe: Oh, just think...she's gonna be watching that video on a TV that hasn't even been invented yet! With friends who right now are just like babies! And they'll be living in a, in a floating city that the humans built to escape the ant people!
想象一下,到时她就会在一种现在还未发明的电视来看这个影带。和当前跟她一样还是个婴儿的朋友,一起看然后,我们住在一个浮起来的城市...为了逃避蚂蚁人。
Ross: That's the hope! So, is uh Emma awake yet?
希望是如此!所以,艾玛起来了吗?
Rachel: Oh no, it's still nap time. But she'll be up soon.
没有,现在是午睡时间。不过,马上她就会醒了。
Ross: Ah, and where is Joey?
乔伊在哪里呢?
Rachel: I said it's still nap time.
我说过了,现在是午睡时间。
Ross: Hey, there is uncle Joey!
嗨,来看看乔伊叔叔吧。
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: Hey, say something to Emma on her 18th birthday!
说句话,给十八岁生日的艾玛吧。
Joey: Eighteen, uh?
十八岁,哈?
Ross: Joey, NO!
嘿,乔伊,不要…
Joey: What, what! ? it's for her hot friends!
怎么啦,怎么啦?是要给艾玛很辣的朋友。
Ross: When they see this you'll, be 52!
当她看到这个,你已经是五十二岁了。
Joey: And starting to think about settling down!
就是我开始稳定下来的时候呢。
Rachel: Hey Joey, will you please set this up for people to put Emma's presents on?
乔伊,可以帮我打开吗?这样就可以放艾玛的礼物。
Joey: Love to! Yeah!
喔,非常愿意呢。
Joey: We were supposed to bring presents?
我们要给她礼物吗?
Phoebe: Yeah! I wrote Emma a song.
是啊。我写了一首歌给艾玛。
Joey: Oh, yeah! How was I supposed to know?
我怎么知道?
Phoebe: Joey, it's a birthday party.
这是一个生日派对呢。
Joey: Yeah, but for a one-year-old. What's the point...the other day she laughed for like an hour at a cup.Just, just a cup with a picture of Elmo on it dressed as a farmer. And he's standing next to this cow and the cow says "El-moo"!
是啊,但她仅一岁而已。重点在哪里?那天她对着杯子大笑一个多小时。只是一个普通杯子上面有艾魔(芝麻街的卡通形象)的农夫图案艾魔站在牛旁边,牛说了:艾-魔。
Joey: Yeah...that's a funny cup!
真是个好笑的杯子。
Monica: Hey!
嗨。
Chandler: Hey hey! Where's the birthday girl?
嗨,生日的女主角呢?
Rachel: Oh, she's still napping.
她还在睡觉呢。
Chandler: Oh, sure, she was probably up all night, excited about the party she knows is happening.
喔,当然,她昨晚知道要办一个派对就太兴奋了,睡不着。
Rachel: Look, I know that you guys really wanna get to Vermont and this isn't a really big deal to you, but it really is to us, ok? Emma will never have a first birthday again.
我知道,你们很想去佛蒙特,对你们也是一件大事。但这对我们也是一件大事,好吗?艾玛不会再有第二次的一岁生日。
Monica: All right...you're right. We're sorry. Now let's wake up Emma and get the fun time started!
好的,你对,我们很抱歉那把艾玛叫醒,开始派对吧!!
Rachel: No really, she didn't sleep well last night, so we can't wake her up.
她昨晚没睡好所以我们不能叫醒她。
Monica: Are you freaking kidding me, Green?
你是不是在跟我开玩笑啊,格林!!
Jack and Judy: HI!
嗨。
Ross: Hey!
嗨。
Monica: So glad you came!
很高兴你来了。
Jack: I can't believe Emma is already one!
真不敢相信,艾玛已经一岁了。
Judy: I remember your first birthday! Ross was jealous of all the attention we were giving you. He pulled on his testicles so hard! We had to take him to the emergency room!
我还记得你的一岁生日罗斯很羡慕我们给你的一切。他很用力的去拉他的蛋蛋,所以我们要带他去看急诊。
Ross: There's something you didn't know about your dad!
有些关于你爸爸的事情你还不知道。
Joey: Hey hey Mr.and Mrs.Geller! Oh, let me help you with that.
嗨,盖勒先生和太太,我帮你们放下来吧。
Jack: Thank you!
谢谢。
Joey: Oh man, this is great, uh? The three of us together again! You know what would be fun? If we gave this present to Emma from all of us!
见到你们真好我们三个又聚在一起。你知道更有趣的事吗?就当做这礼物是我们,三个人一起送给艾玛的,怎样?
Jack: Which one are you?
你是哪一位啊?
Monica: I can't believe Emma is still asleep!
真不敢相信,艾玛还在睡。
Chandler: I know, what are we gonna do?
我知道,但没辙啊。
Monica: I've got a plan. I've got a plan. I'm going to ram this platter really hard into your ribs. You're gonna scream out and that'll wake her up!
我有计划,一个好计划!有一个好计划!我会把这个铁盘很用力的砸到你身上。那你会痛的哇哇大叫,这样会吵醒她!
Chandler: I'm not going to Vermont with this Monica!
我不会和这种莫妮卡去佛蒙特的。
Joey: Hey! Pheebs, you know what? I was thinking...since you wrote a song, maybe I could do something for Emma using my talents!
嗨,菲比,你知道吗?既然你写了歌给艾玛,那我也可以给艾玛表演我的才艺。
Phoebe: So you're gonna...hit on her?
所以,你要去泡艾玛,是不是?
Joey: No, no, no! My talents as an actor!
不是,不是啦! 我的才艺是演戏。
Phoebe: Oh!
哦!
Joey: You know, I could like maybe...I could do a dramatic reading of one of her books!
我可能,可以…给她边读本书边演出来。
Phoebe: Or you could stick a fork in an apple!
或是,你可以把一个叉子叉在苹果上?
Joey: Hey, I think Emma might like it!
嘿,我想艾玛会喜欢呢!
Rachel: Oh! Emma might like what?
喔,艾玛会喜欢什么?
Joey: Um, my present!
我的礼物!
Rachel: What did you get her?
你要给她什么?
Joey: Actually we prepared performances.
实际上,我们正准备一个表演。
Phoebe: Well, separate performances.
分开的表演。
Joey: But equally real.
但是差不多。
Rachel: Well, that sounds like fun! Well, you know what? Actually? People are getting a little antsy waiting Emma to wake up from her nap, so would you mind performing them once now?
喔,听起来好好玩你知道吗?因为大家有点不耐烦要等艾玛起来...所以,你们可以现在表演一个吗?
Phoebe: Sure, yeah! yeah...yeah!
当然可以。好…好。
Joey: O...K.
那好吧。
Rachel: Ok! All right, everybody, let's get this party started, huh? Joey and Phoebe are gonna perform a little something for us.
大家听着,我们开始吧。乔伊和菲比要表演给大家看呢。
Ross: Oh, great!
喔,太好了!
Monica: Yeah!
还没准备就上去表演。好耶!
Phoebe: Are you gonna be embarrassed going up there having nothing prepared?
那你会不会觉的丢脸呢,什么都没准备就上台了?
Joey: Hey, I do it every week with three cameras pointed at me and a whole crew waiting!
嘿,我每个礼拜都这样呢,还加上 三个摄像机和所有团队等着我。
Rachel: So, Joey, what're you gonna do for us?
那,乔伊,你要表演什么呢?
Joey: Uh, I will be doing a dramatic reading of one of Emma's books.
我会边读艾玛的书边演出来。
Rachel: Oh. Ok, which one?
哇,好耶,哪一本?
Joey: Uh, well, it's a...one of her favorites, uh, "Riding the Storm Out. Coping with postpartum depression" eesh!
哇,她最喜欢的其中一本。“从暴风雨中脱险:对抗产后的抑郁症 ”…咿始。
Joey: "Love you forever". Love you forever. By Robert Munsch. Published by Firefly books...printed in Mexico.
“终爱你始终爱你”,作者:罗柏曼,萤火虫出版社出版在墨西哥印刷。
Joey: A mother held her new baby and very slowly rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and while she held him, she sang: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby, you'll be"...
一个母亲抱起她的婴儿慢慢的,往前摇,往后摇往前摇,往后摇... 往前摇,往后摇...当母亲抱着时,她唱了:我会始终爱你,我会一直喜欢你,只要我还活着你就是我的孩子。
Joey: And while he rocked her, he sang "I'll love you forever, I'll like you, for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be".
当母亲抱着时,她唱了:我会始终爱你,我会一直喜欢你,只要我还活着你就是我的孩子。
Rachel: Wow! That was amazing!
哇!真的太棒了。
Ross: Thank you so much for that gift!
真的非常感谢你的礼物。
Chandler: I was not ready for this today!
今天我心理没有这个准备。
Ross: Amazing...amazing.
太棒了,太棒了。
Rachel: Oh, Phoebe, I'm sorry! Phoebe has prepared something as well.
喔,菲比抱歉。菲比也要表演给大家看。
Phoebe: That's right, I've prepared a song for Emma. From my heart to hers. For there's no greater gift, than the gift of music.
没错,我准备了一首歌给艾玛。直接从我心里到她的心里没有比音乐更好的礼物了。
Phoebe: "Emma! Your name poses a dilemma. 'Cause not much else rhymes with Emma! Maybe the actor Richard Crenna, he played the commanding officer in Rambo. Happy birthday Emma!"
“艾玛!你的名字给我一个困境。因为和你名字押韵的少极了。也许仅有演员理查德·克里纳。他是演蓝波的长官。生日快乐,艾玛。”
Rachel: Is that it?
就这样?
Phoebe: No, of course not! No, I've, I've, also, you know, prepared a reading. Um, "Sex and the single mother. Finding your G-spot.
不,当然不是,还有…其他的… 我也要读一本书给她“性爱和单身母亲-查找性感带的方法”
Everybody: No! No no no!
不!不不不要啊。
Judy: Hello, Emma. Happy eighteenth birthday.
嗨艾玛,祝你十八岁生日快乐。
Jack: Right now that seems so far away, seventeen years.
如果从现在算起,还有十七年之久呢。
Judy: Yes, you'll be all grown up by then. We'll be...Well, your grandfather and I might not be here.
到时候你已经长大了,而到时候我们…你爷爷和我都不在了。
Jack: That's true! This message could becoming to you from beyond the grave, Emma!
没错,这信息会是来自我们的坟墓里。
Judy: After all, my parents died very young.
还有,我父母亲很年轻就过世了。
Jack: And my cholesterol's off the charts!
我的胆固醇还过高呢。
Judy: Remember, Emma, heart disease kills women, too!
艾玛,请记得,女生也会因心脏病而死。
Ross: Ok, cut! Great. Great. That was...that was just...yeah!
好了,好了,这样就够了。噢!
Rachel: Ross, um, don't forget to get a shot of Emma's cake. It's in a box in the fridge.
罗斯,别忘了要拍蛋糕在盒子,在冰箱里。
Ross: Ok, sure.
好的,没问题。
Rachel: Oh, you're gonna love this cake. I got it from a bakery in New Jersey, Corino's.
喔,你会喜欢这蛋糕我从新泽西州的面包店买来的,加理诺面包店。
Monica: Oh, my God, that place has the creamiest frosting! I used to hitchhike there when I was a kid.
喔,他们有全世界最好吃的奶油。我小时候喜欢搭便车去那里。
Rachel: Well, anyway, they make these great novelty cakes, in all different shapes, and if you give them a photo, they'll copy it in icing!
无论如何,他们做了很多种口味很多种造型,如果你自己准备照片,他们还会放到蛋糕上。
Monica: Oh, did you do a picture of Emma?
那你一定放艾玛的照片喽。
Rachel: Yes! On a cake shaped like a bunny.
当然,在一个兔子形的蛋糕上。
Ross: Uh, Rach? Does this bakery by any chance also bake erotic cakes? Say for bachelorette parties?
瑞秋,这家店是不是刚好也卖色情蛋糕?有可能给单身派对使用的?
Rachel: Ross, what are you talking about? Oh, my God! They put my baby's face on a penis!
你在讲什么啊?喔,我的天啊。他们还把我女儿的脸放在“小弟弟”上。
Phoebe: Oh! Now it's a party!
这才像派对嘛。
Rachel: Why you guys this isn't funny, all right? If I wanted this cake to be a disaster I would've baked it myself!
喔,如果真有那么好笑的话,我也可以自己做这种形状的啊。
Joey: Uh...is it ok that I still think it looks delicious?
啊,没事,我还是认为很好吃。
Judy: Jack, look at this.
杰克,你看看。
Jack: I know what you're thinking Judy, the resemblance is uncanny!
我知道你在想什么,其相似程度非常惊人。
Ross: I am this close to tugging on my testicles again.
我也差点再度拉我的蛋蛋。
Chandler: Ironically, that was the maxim thing.
讽刺的是,那和美信杂志一样。
Rachel: No, no, this is not what I ordered. Ok? I went all the way to New Jersey so that I could have the perfect cake for my daughter's birthday and I need a bunny cake, right now!
不是,不是,这不是我要订的我特地去新泽西州。只为了我女儿有完美的生日蛋糕还有,我需要兔子蛋糕。现在!!
Ross: Ask them if it would be faster if we cut the baby's face off the penis, so we can put it on the bunny...That is a weird sentence!
如果要快点的话,我们可以从“小弟弟”上取出她的照片,再贴到兔子蛋糕上。好像不是很适当。
Rachel: Oh! Believe you me! I am going to bring this cake back, I don't even want it in my home...Joey, don't touch it!
我会把蛋糕换回去,甚至我不想有这种蛋糕在我家。乔伊,不要碰!
Joey: I'm so confused!
我很困扰!
Rachel: Yes, yes. I still want my daughter's picture, but on a bunny cake. Yellow cake, chocolate frosting with nuts!
是的,我还是要我女儿照片,但是在兔子形状的蛋糕上黄色蛋糕,有奶油和花生!!!
Chandler: To be fair this one does have nuts.
说实在的,这上面确实有花生。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
scream [skri:m]

想一想再看

n. 尖叫声
v. 尖叫,大笑

 
delay [di'lei]

想一想再看

v. 耽搁,推迟,延误
n. 耽搁,推迟,延期

 
uncanny ['ʌn'kæni]

想一想再看

adj. 神秘的,不可思议的

联想记忆
crew [kru:]

想一想再看

n. 全体船员,全体乘务员,(一组)工作人员

 
disaster [di'zɑ:stə]

想一想再看

n. 灾难

联想记忆
cow [kau]

想一想再看

n. 母牛,母兽
vt. 恐吓

 
embarrassed [im'bærəst]

想一想再看

adj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的

 
novelty ['nɔvəlti]

想一想再看

n. 新奇,新奇的事物,小装饰

联想记忆
perform [pə'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 执行,运转,举行,表演

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。