Rest assured that any aspects of our sexual relationship regarding your preferences, your idiosyncrasies, your performance
我们的规定保证了我们性关系的各个方面,包括你的偏好特性和你的表现
are still protected by the inherent confidentiality of the bedroom.
仍然受到卧室内部保密协议的保护。
That's all very comforting, but if it's okay, I'd like to get on to my question now. Proceed.
这些都很令人鼓舞,不过如果可以的话现在我想继续问我的问题。继续说吧。
We are entering the Physics Bowl, and we need a fourth for our team.
我们要参加物理竞赛,队伍还需要一个人。
No, thanks. I'm really busy with my like-sign dilepton supersymmetry search.
不了谢谢,最近我在搞双粒子纠缠态超对称性的研究,真的很忙。
Dilepton, shmylepton. We need you. Sorry.
双粒子,什么粒子,我们需要你!不好意思。
Well, we tried. We'll just have to face Sheldon mano y mano y mano y mano a mano.
好吧我们尽力了。我们不得不面对谢尔顿面对面单练单调了。
Wait, you're going up against Sheldon Cooper? Yes.
等等,你们的对手是谢尔顿·库泊?是啊。
That arrogant, misogynistic, East Texas doorknob that told me I should abandon my work with high-energy particles for laundry and childbearing? She's in.
那个傲慢自大厌恶女人的东德克萨斯州来的蠢驴,让我放弃我的高能粒子研究去洗衣服做饭带孩子的混蛋?她答应了。
So, how do you feel? Nice and loose? Come to play? Got your game face on? Are you ready?
感觉怎么样?舒坦和放松?只是玩玩?还是认真对待?准备好了?
Yeah. You know, you don't have to stay for the whole thing.
啊,其实你不用一直待在这儿的。
Oh, no, no. I want to. Sounds really interesting.
没事的,我想留下,听起来真的相当有趣。
Gentlemen. Sheldon. Sheldon. I'm just gonna sit down.
先生们。谢尔顿。谢尔顿。我还是先坐下吧。
So, is that your team?
那就是你们队的成员?
Actually, I don't need a team. I could easily defeat you single-handedly, but the rules require four.
其实我根本不需要一个队,我用一只手就轻而易举地打败你,但是规则要求四个人参加。
So, may I introduce the third-floor janitor, the lady from the lunch room,
那么由我来介绍一下,三楼看门的大爷,午餐室的女士,
and my Spanish is not good, either her son or her butcher.
还有,我西班牙语不太好,那不是她儿子就她厨房的屠夫。
And what about your team? What rat have you recruited to the S.S. Sinking Ship?
你们队怎么样呢?你们那艘要沉的船上又招募了什么老鼠啊?
Hello, Sheldon. Leslie Winkle.
你好啊,谢尔顿。莱斯莉·温科。
Yeah, Leslie Winkle. The answer to the question, "Who made Sheldon Cooper cry like a little girl?"
对,莱斯莉·温科就是这个问题的答案,“谁让谢尔顿·库泊哭得像个小女孩一样?”
Yes, well, I'm polymerized tree sap, and you're an inorganic adhesive.
好吧,我是松香甘油树脂,你是无机粘合剂,
So whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off of me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
不管你朝我的方向发射什么语言子弹都会反弹回它原有的轨道上,附着在你身上。
Oh, ouch! Okay, if everyone could please take your seats.
哦 哎哟!请各位就座。
Here is your T-shirt.
这是你的队服。
PMS? It's a couple days early.
PMS?早了点吧。
No. It stands for Perpetual Motion Squad.
不,这是永动队的意思。
Oh, right, of course. What was I thinking?
哦,对,那当然了,我想什么呢?
Good afternoon, everyone, and welcome to this year's Physics Bowl!
各位下午好,欢迎参加今年的物理学竞赛。
Today's preliminary match features two great teams. AA versus... PMS.
今天的预赛有两支优秀的队伍参加,AA 对战……PMS。
All night long, y'all! Okay, well, let's jump right in. First question
一整夜啊,大家。好了,让我们进入正题。第一个问题,
for ten points: What is the iso-spin singlet partner of the pi-zero meson?
十分题,p-0介子的自旋反平行独态的配偶体是什么?
PMS? The eta meson. Correct.
PMS队的答案是?η介子。正确。
Formal protest. On what grounds?
正式抗议。什么理由?
The Velcro on my wrist brace caught on my shirt.
我护腕上的尼龙褡裢粘着我的衣服了。
Denied. All right, for ten points, What is the lightest element on Earth, with no stable isotope?
驳回。接下来十分题,地球上没有稳定同位素的最轻的物质是什么?
AA? And of course, the answer is technetium. Terrific.
AA队的答案是?当然答案是锝。漂亮。
Next question: What is the force between two uncharged plates due to quantum vacuum fluctuation? PMS?
下一个问题,在电磁真空涨落作用下两块不带电的平板间的作用力是什么?PMS。
Sheldon can suck on... the Casimir effect. Correct.
谢尔顿听着点……卡西米尔效应。正确。
How does a quantum computer factor large numbers? PMS? Shorts algorithm. Correct!
量子计算机是怎么计算大量数据的?PMS。简化算法。正确。
4.1855 times ten to the seventh ergs per calorie.
每卡路里4.1855乘以10的7次方尔格。
Prevost's theory of exchanges.
普雷沃斯交换原理。
Lambda equals on over pi r squared n.
λ等于πr的n次方。
760 degrees Celsius... the approximate temperature of the young lady in the front row.
760 摄氏度……接近前排的年轻女士的温度。
Mr. Wolowitz, this is your second warning.
沃勒威茨先生,这是你的第二次警告了。
A sigma particle. Yes, assuming the hypothetical planet has a mass greater than the Earth. Correct.
s粒子。是的,如这个假设的星球质量比地球大的话。正确。
Ladies and gentlemen, I hold in my hand the final question.
女士们先生们,我手里拿着最后一道问题。
The score now stands: AA 1,150, PMS 1,175.
现在的比分是AA1150分,PMS1175分。
So, for 100 points and the match, please turn your attention to the formula on the screens. Solve the equation.
下面为了这一百分和这场比赛。请将你们的注意力集中在屏幕上的公式上,解出这个方程。
Holy crap. What the hell is that?
见鬼,那是什么东西啊?
Looks like something they found on the ship at Roswell. Come on. Think. Leslie?
看起来像是在罗斯威尔号上找到的东西。行了,快动动脑子,莱斯莉?
Leonard, it's not gonna work if you rush me. You have to let me get there. You are never gonna let that go, are you?
兰纳德你逼我是没用的。你必须让我慢慢到达那。你不提那个行不行?
Ten seconds. PMS? Sorry, I panicked. Then guess. 8.4?
10秒。PMS队?对不起。我紧张了。那就猜。8.4?
I'm sorry, that's incorrect. AA, if you can answer correctly, the match is yours.
对不起回答错误。AA队,如果你能回答正确你就赢了。
AA, I need your answer.
AA我需要你的答案。
The answer is minus eight pi alpha.
看门老大爷:答案是-8πα。
Hang on. Hang on a second. That's not our answer. What are you doing?
等等等一等,那不是我们的答案。你在干什么?
Answering question. Winning Physics Bowl.
回答问题,赢得物理竞赛。
How do you know anything about physics?
你怎么会懂物理?
Here I am janitor. In former Soviet Union, I am physicist. Leningrad Politechnika. Go Polar Bears.
我在这儿是个看门的,在前苏联我是个物理学家,列宁格勒工业大学,红色北极熊。
Well, that's a delightful little story, but our arrangement was that you sit here and not say anything, I answer the questions.
故事讲得不错,但我们说好的是你只需要坐在那儿,什么都别说,我来回答问题。
You didn't answer question.
你没有回答出来。
Hey, look, now, maybe you have democracy now in your beloved Russia,
嘿,听我说,也许现在你热爱的俄国实行民主政治,
but on this Physics Bowl team, I rule with an iron fist. Ow!
但是在这个物理竞赛小组我实行铁拳统治。嗷!
AA, I need your official answer.
AA队我需要你们的正式答案。
Look, it's not what he said. Then what is it? I want a different question.
不是他说的那样,那是什么?我想换题。
You can't have a different question. Formal protest. Denied. Informal protest.
不能换题。正式抗议。拒绝。非正式抗议。
Denied. I need your official answer. No. I decline to provide one.
拒绝,我需要你的正式答案。不我拒绝回答。
Well, that's too bad because the answer your teammate gave was correct.
这样啊,那太糟糕了,因为你的队友给出的答案是正确的。
That's your opinion.
那是你的想法。
All right, the winner of the match is... Hang on.
好了这次比赛的冠军是……等等,
Sheldon, is proving that you are single-handedly smarter than everyone else so important that you would rather lose by yourself than win as part of a team?
谢尔顿证明你自己比别人都聪明就那么重要吗,甚至愿意因为你一个人而输掉都不愿作为整队的一分子赢得比赛?
I don't understand the question.
我不明白你的问题。
Go ahead. The winner is PMS.
继续吧。冠军是PMS队。
Sorry, somebody is sitting there.
对不起这儿有人。
Who? My Physics Bowl trophy.
谁?我的物理学竞赛奖杯。
That trophy is meaningless. I forfeited, therefore you did not win.
那个奖杯毫无意义,我弃权了,所以你也没有赢。
I know someone who would disagree.
我知道有人不同意你的说法。
Who? My Physics Bowl trophy.
谁?我的物理竞赛奖杯。
Leonard is so smart. Sheldon, who? All right, that is very immature.
兰纳德真聪明,谢尔顿是哪根葱?好了,这太幼稚了。
You're right. I'm sorry. I'm not!
你说得对,我很抱歉我不觉得。
Okay, new contest. What are you doing?
好了,新比赛。这是干什么?
I am settling once and for all who is the smartest around here,
我要一次解决谁是这里最聪明的人,
okay? Are you ready? Absolutely. Bring it on.
行不行?准备好了吗?没问题。开始吧。好了。
Marsha, Jan and Cindy were the three daughters in what TV family?
玛莎,简和辛迪是哪个电视剧家庭中的三个女儿?
The Brady Bunch. Okay. Sammy Hagar replaced David Lee Roth as the lead singer in what group?
脱线家族。下一题。萨米·黑格在哪个组合中代替大卫·李·罗斯成为了主唱?
The Brady Bunch? Van Halen.
脱线家族,范·海伦。
All right. Madonna was married to this Ridgemont High alum. Oh, my God! Sean Penn!
下一题,麦当娜曾经与哪一位派拉蒙艺人结婚?哦,我的天哪!肖恩·潘。
How do you know these things?
你是怎么知道这些事的?
I go outside, and I talk to people.
我出门,我和别人聊天。
Okay, here. What actor holds the record for being named People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive?
好再一题。哪一位男演员被人物杂志评为当前最性感男人的称号?
William Shatner. Wait. I don't think it's Shatner.
威廉·夏纳。我觉得不是夏纳。
Then it's got to be Patrick Stewart. No. Formal protest.
那一定是帕特里克·斯图尔特。不对。正式抗议。
All right. Singer who sang, 'Oops, I Did It Again'?
下一题,哪一位歌星唱了 'Oops,I Did It Again'?
Okay. Tweetie Bird thought he taw a what? Romulan.
没关系。翠笛鸟认为它看到了什么?罗慕伦人。
Yes. He thought he taw a Romulan.
是的,它认为它看到了罗慕伦人。