Buona sera, Luigi's Pizza. Buona sera. It means good evening in Italian. May I say, having to explain that to you calls into question the authenticity of your ristorante?
晚上好 路易吉披萨(意大利语) 晚上好(意大利语) 这是意大利语的"晚上好" 我想说 跟你解释这个问题 让我对你们“餐厅”的正宗性产生了怀疑
Okay, I'm out of here.
我出去了
Un momento. Oh, for heaven's sake. Now you're being deliberately stupid. Where are you going?
稍等(意大利语) 我的老天爷呀 现在你是真心在装傻了吧 你去哪儿
I'm having dinner with Priya at Raj's. I think Howard's going to be there. You want to join us?
我要去拉杰那儿跟普丽娅共进晚餐 我觉得霍华德也会去 你也来吗
But tonight's Thursday. On Thursdays, everybody comes over here and has pizza. Or a reasonable facsimile prepared by someone claiming to be Luigi, but who sounds suspiciously like Jackie Chan.
可今天是星期四啊 每个星期四大家都会过来一起吃披萨 或者是看菜单挺正宗 说是由某位叫路易吉做的 可电话里的声音却听着山寨得像成龙
Can't we make a one-time exception for tonight?
咱们今晚就不能破例一次吗
We could.We could also stop using the letter "M," but I think that idea is isguided and oronic.
行啊 咱今晚也可以不用字母"M" 但我觉得这主意挺“呼导”(误导)挺“奥残”(脑残)的
Just come with me to Raj's.
跟我一起去拉杰家吧
Well, I don't want to go to a party.
我不想参加派对
It's not a party. It's the same group of people who hang out here hanging out over there.
不是派对 就是原来的一群在这里聚的人今天去那里聚
I'm sorry, but five people eating and chatting is a party. How come it's not a party when we do it here?
不好意思 但是五个人一起吃饭聊天就是派对 那为啥在咱们这儿不算派对
Because we don't throw parties.
因为我们从来不办派对啊
I don't know what to tell you, Sheldon. I'm going to see Priya. Everyone's over there. You coming or not?
我不知道该怎么跟你说了 谢尔顿 我要去见普丽娅 大家都去的 你来不来
Well, no, sir, and do you know why? In a word: tradition.Every Thursday night for the last eight years, you and I and our friends have gathered here in this very spot to break bread covered with cheese and sauce, discuss the issues of the day, and yes, share a laugh or two. But I guess our rich heritage means nothing to you.
当然不去 知道为啥吗 一个词 传统 在过去这八年的每个周四晚上 你和我还有我们的朋友们聚在这里 就在这里切开覆盖着起司和酱料的面包(暗指披萨) 讨论当日话题 没错 还有分享欢乐 但我猜这些宝贵的回忆对你来说一文不值
I guess you're right. See you later.
你说的没错 回见
Wait! Leonard! Wait! What am I going to do for dinner?
等等 莱纳德 等等 那我晚上吃啥啊
Come with me to Raj's and eat there.
跟我一起去拉杰家吃饭啊
I can't do that. What if he serves haggis and blood pudding?
我可不干 万一他做了羊杂碎和黑香肠呢
I really doubt that's what he'll serve.
我对他会上这两道菜深表怀疑
But what if he does? I'll be obliged to dine on liver and lungs stuffed in a sheep's stomach.
万一他做了呢 我就不得不吃包在羊肚里煮熟的肝和肺了
And frankly, blood pudding is essentially the same thing. I don't know why he's serving both.
说实在的 黑香肠差不多也是一样的 我不知道他为啥整这俩菜
What do you want to do? You want to come with me, or do you want to sit here alone?
你到底想干啥 是跟我一起去还是一个人待在家里
No, I'll go to your haggis party. But I'm telling you. This is adness. This is utter and complete adness.
算了 我还是去你的杂碎派对吧 但我得跟你说 这太“轰狂”(疯狂)了 绝对是太“轰狂”(疯狂)了
Oh, dear! What? Raj's television. I just realized we're about to spend an evening watching a plasma screen with a cluster of dead pixels in the upper left-hand corner.
天啊 咋了 拉杰的电视 我刚才意识到我们整晚都得看着左上角还有一坨坏点的等离子电视
So don't watch TV. Read a book.
那就别看电视了呗 看书吧
And be a social pariah? Oh, you know that's not my style.
想显得不合群吗 你知道那不是哥的风格
The audible sigh is a show of exasperation, right? Right. Is it about me or the dead pixels?
你叹气是因为懊恼 对吧 对 是因为我还是坏点
Hey, you're just in time. We made Tex-Mex.
嗨 你俩来得正好 我们做了德墨风味的小菜
Oh, sounds great.
听起来不错哦
Oh, Indians making Tex-Mex. Might as well have had the Chinese pizza.
印度佬做德墨菜啊 还不如吃中式披萨呢
Hey, you.
你来啦
Hi.
嗨
That's got to be fun for you, huh? Watching Hofstadter suck the saliva out of your sister's mouth?
对你来说肯定很有意思 对吧 看着霍夫斯塔德在你妹妹嘴里吮吸唾液
Excuse me. Before this evening goes any further, we need to decide where everyone is going to sit.
不好意思 在今晚开始之前 我们得先定好谁坐在哪儿
There is no assigned seats, Sheldon. Just sit anywhere. Make yourself comfortable.
又没有人预定座位 谢尔顿 随便找个地儿坐呗 别太拘束哈
Oh, what fun. We're like hippies at a love-in.
真有意思 我们就像是友爱集会里的嬉皮士
Just sit here. Right on, man. Right on.
就坐这儿吧 马上 哥们儿 马上
Oh, look. it's Harry Potter and 98% of The Sorcerer's Stone.
看呐 这不是哈利波特和百分之九十八的魔法石吗
Okay, we've got fajitas with all the fixins, so you make your own.
好咯 这里有玉米卷饼和各种配菜 你们自便吧
Wonderful.
好极了
Dinner, some assembly required.
晚饭 还得要自己动手的
Do you want a margarita, Sheldon?
想来一杯玛格丽特吗 谢尔顿
A margarita?! Where are we?! What is happening?!
玛格丽特 我们这是在哪儿啊 出什么事儿了
Oh. Hey, Sheldon. What can I get you?
嗨 谢尔顿 想来点儿啥
Water. Neat. With a little umbrella.
水 纯水 再放一把小伞
Where are all your friends?
你的朋友们在哪儿呢
Sadly, Penny, this evening, I am the Dark Knight, roaming these mean streets alone. A windbreaker for my cape, and a stern expression for my cowl.
可悲啊 佩妮 今晚 我就是黑暗骑士(蝙蝠侠) 独自漫步在破旧的大街上 一件斗篷风衣披肩 帽檐下是冷峻的面庞
Okay.
好吧
Excuse me? Isn't this the point where the world-weary barkeep absentmindedly wipes down the bar and coaxes the woes out of the troubled patron?
劳驾 难道现在不是应该有一位厌世的酒保心不在焉地一边擦柜台 一边抚慰客人心中的忧愁吗
Well, I was getting your stupid umbrella, but all right. What's troubling you, buddy?
我只是要帮你拿那个该死的小伞 不过好吧 有什么烦心事啊 伙计
I don't think your heart's in it, but since you asked... Apparently, because Leonard is dating Raj's sister, we're all forced to hang out at his apartment.
我知道你是装出来的 不过既然你问了 显然 因为莱纳德在和拉杰的妹妹约会 我们都被迫去拉杰家里聚会
Oh, the horror.
哦 真糟糕
Indeed. Yeah, at one point, Raj put on reggae music, and his sister took off her shoes. It was like the last days of Caligula.
没错而且啊 拉杰在放雷鬼音乐(源自牙买加)他妹妹还把鞋给脱了 简直就是卡里古拉大帝的晚年时期 (卡里古拉大帝是古罗马帝国最荒淫残暴的皇帝)
Oh, I have to get this. Umbrella? Wonder what she's exasperated about. Hello?
这个我得接 伞呢 真不知道她有啥好恼的 嗨
Sheldon, are you all right?
谢尔顿 你还好吧
When last we spoke, you were going to take a taxi home from Raj's, but according to Facebook, you just checked in at the Cheesecake Factory.
我们上次通话的时候 你正准备打车离开拉杰家 但是根据Facebook你刚才进蛋糕工厂了
Yes, I was in a taxi, but the driver didn't look at all like the photograph on his license, so I leapt out and ran for it.
对 我之前是在打车来着但是司机和他运营执照上的照片长得一点都不像 所以我就跳下车跑过来了
Wise. There you go. Just like recovering alcoholics drink in the Caribbean.
明智 给你 就像是加勒比海边的元气恢复酒一样
Hi, bestie.
嗨 闺蜜
Oh. Hi, Amy.
哦 嗨 艾米
How you been? Fine.
最近还好吗 很好
From this angle, I can see up your nose.
从这个角度 我能看到你的鼻孔
Yeah, it's a great time to be alive, isn't it?
是啊 活在高科技时代挺好的 对吧
Don't worry. My problems can wait while you two hens finish your clucking.
没关系 我的问题可以待会儿再说 你们两个女人接着八卦吧
Look, Sheldon, Leonard is dating Priya. She is staying with Raj. That means you're all probably gonna be hanging out there more.
听着 谢尔顿 莱纳德在和普丽娅约会 她住在拉杰那儿 这就意味着你们以后很可能会经常去那儿
Penny, I'm sorry you got dragged into this. I know you're devastated that your ex-boyfriend has found an exciting new lover with flawless, caramel-colored skin.
佩妮 很抱歉把你也牵扯进来 我知道你伤心欲绝 你的前男友找到了一位惊艳的新欢 而且她的小麦色皮肤美丽无瑕
Okay, I'm not upset about Leonard and Priya.
我对莱纳德和普丽娅的事儿没啥郁闷的
Your flaring nostrils indicate otherwise.
但你扇动的鼻翼可不是这个意思
Cluck-cluck-cluck.
继续八吧八吧
Sheldon, look at me. I think it's time to face the fact that Leonard is the nucleus of your social group.
谢尔顿 看着我 我觉得是时候面对这一现实了 莱纳德就是你们这个小团体的中心
Where he goes, the group goes.
他去哪儿 你们就去哪儿
Leonard the nucleus? That makes no sense. I'm the whimsical elf that everyone looks to for a good time.
莱纳德是中心 这没道理啊 我才是异想天开的精灵让大家欢乐相聚
I'm not saying that you're not fun. You're the most fun person I know.
我不是说你很无聊 你是我认识的最有趣的人
A lot of people think I'm fun to be around.
很多人觉得跟我一起很有趣
Don't be needy, bestie. That's probably part of what chased Leonard away.
别耍宝了 闺蜜 也许正是因此莱纳德离开了你
What I am saying, Sheldon, is that your group is Leonard-centric.
我的意思是 谢尔顿 你们那群人是以莱纳德为中心的
If it were a town, it would be Leonardville. If it were an Islamic nation, Leonardstan. If it were the birthplace of motion pictures, we'd all be singing "Hooray for Leonardwood."
要是个小镇 就会是莱纳德镇 要是个伊斯兰国家 莱纳德斯坦 要是电影的诞生地 大家都会唱着“莱纳坞精神万岁”
Ooh, I got one. If you guys were a band, you'd be called Leonard and the Leonards. So needy.
我想到一个 如果你们是支乐队 就会是莱纳德和他朋友们 太耍宝了
What you doing?
你在做什么
I'm setting out snacks.
拿点小吃出来
You do realize everyone's eating at Raj's again tonight.
今晚我们都要去拉杰家你知道的吧
I didn't say the snacks were for you now, did I, Nosy Rosie?
这小吃又不是给你的 诺丝·罗茜(《诺丝·罗茜》是一本少儿读物 )
You're having people over?
有人要来吗
Yes. Must be killing you wondering who. Fine, I'll tell you. Stuart from the comic bookstore, Barry Kripke from the university, Penny's ex-boyfriend Zack and TV's LeVar Burton.
对 你一定好奇死了谁会来 好吧 我告诉你 是漫画书店的斯图尔特 同事巴里·克瑞普克 佩妮的前男友扎克 演员勒瓦尔·布尔顿
Really? LeVar Burton's coming here?
真的吗 勒瓦尔·布尔顿也要来吗
Possibly. I Tweeted him.
可能 我在推特上联系他了
Okay, well, tell him I loved him on Star Trek.
好吧 告诉他我喜欢他在《星际迷航》的表演
Please, Leonard, stop trying to horn in on my new friends.
拜托 莱纳德 别想打扰我新朋友
Of course. Good night.
当然 晚安
Leonard. Yeah? We had a good run, you and I.
莱纳德 什么 之前你我共度了许多美好时光
Okay.
好吧
But change is a part of life. It certainly is.
但变化本就是人生的一部分 当然是
Okay. I have guests coming. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave now.
好了 我有客人要来 恐怕得请你赶紧走了
I am leaving.
我正要走了
Don't make this harder than it is, Leonard. Good-bye, Sheldon.
别让离别变得更加不舍 莱纳德 再见 谢尔顿
And good-bye to you, sir. He'll be back.
你也再见 先生 他会回来的
Of course I'll be back. I live here!
我当然会回来 我住这儿
Well, it would appear LeVar Burton won't be joining us. Let's get started.
好吧 看来勒瓦尔·布尔顿是不会来了 我们开始吧
I thought we'd begin by going around the room, introducing ourselves and saying a little bit about why we're here. Okay. I'm Sheldon. Uh, for regular readers of The New England Journal of High Energy Physics, I need no introduction. If you're not familiar with that publication, there's a free copy in your goody bag. Stuart?
开始先在屋里四处走走 介绍下自己 稍微说下自己为何来这 好了 我是谢尔顿 对于经常阅读《新英格兰高能物理学》杂志的人来说 我不需要介绍自己了 如果你不熟悉那本刊物礼品袋里有免费样书赠送 斯图尔特
Um... Hi. I'm Stuart. I run a comic bookstore, which for financial reasons, I'm currently living in. I guess what I'm hoping for most out of tonight is a hot shower.
大家好 我是斯图尔特 我开了家漫画书店 因经济原因 我最近还住在店里 我今晚到这最希望的是能洗个热水澡
It's very nice, Stuart. Zack?
很好 斯图尔特 扎克
I'm Zack, and I'm, uh... uh... Could you come back to me?
我是扎克 我呃...这... 我等下再说行吗
Of course. Barry?
当然 巴里
I'm Barry Kwipke, and I'm here because you told me there was going to be a whaffle. When is the whaffle?
我是巴里·克瑞普克 我来这里是因为你说今晚会有“凑奖” 凑奖什么时候开始
Patience, patience, Barry. The whaffle... The raffle is the grand finale to an evening-long festival of fun and folly.
淡定 淡定 巴里 凑奖... 抽奖是持续整晚玩乐放荡的压轴大戏
One more question...
还有个问题
Yes, you must be present to win.
对 你一定会抽得到
Okay, I'm ready. I'm Zach, and I'm, uh... Oh, crap, why is this so hard?
好了 我准备好了 我是扎克 我呃... 讨厌 为什么这么难