手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 波士顿法律 > 波士顿法律第二季 > 正文

波士顿法律第二季(MP3+中英字幕):第12集 丹尼斯律师

来源:可可英语 编辑:sophie   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on Boston Legal

前情提要
They're meeting soon to vote on this year's partnerships, maybe you can tell me where I stand?
投票选举合伙人的会议马上要开了,或许你可以帮我一下
Jerry's had a few blowups, Alan,
杰瑞总是大发雷霆,艾伦
But I've done everything I've been asked.
但我把所有要求做的事情都做好了
There will be no further opportunities for partnership.
不会有成为合伙人的机会的
I'll kill her! I swear, I will kill her!
我会杀了她,我发誓,我会杀了她!
Daniel Post... Uh, Denise Bauer, attorney, Daniel Post...
这位是丹尼尔·波斯特,这位是丹尼斯律师
I got stage4 lung cancer.I don't give a damn what anybody I don't know thinks about me.
我得了四期肺癌,所以,我根本无不在意,其他人对我的看法
Nice night. Suddenly it is.
多么美好的夜晚啊,的确突然就变得美好起来
You had sex with her here? Hot, sweaty sex right there in the coat check room.
你跟她在这里做爱了? 热情如火,大汗淋漓的在衣帽间里做爱
did I tell you Bev and I are getting married.
我有没有跟你说过,贝弗莉和我要结婚了
Shirley, I am not going through this again.
雪莉我不想再遇到这种事了
Would someone catch me up here?
有人能告诉我是什么事吗?
Denny got engaged.
丹尼订婚了
Mazel tov? No mazel tov.
那不好吗? 一点都不好
Beverly Bridge Who is it this time?
贝弗莉·布里奇. 这次是谁?
The woman Denny "craned" in the
上个星期在慈善晚餐上
coatroom at that charity dinner last week.
丹尼在衣帽间搞上的人
If this Bev turns out to be another Angie, oh, God!
如果贝弗利和安吉是同一种女人,天啊!
Angie? Number four.
安吉第四任
Wife number five was no picnic either.
第五任也好不到哪里去
Clovis
克洛维斯.
She most got him to retire,
她差点让他退休了
pull his equity out of the firm and move to Boca.
撤出他的所有股份并搬到博卡去,(博卡是阿根廷一个区)
Clovis nearly sunk us. Half the staff quit.
克洛维斯差点毁了我们,半数员工辞职了
And she was drunk the day president Ford stopped by.
而且当福特总统来访时她居然发酒疯
All right, I'll pull out Denny's last prenup, see if I can waterseal it.
好了,我去检查一下丹尼上一次,的婚前协议,看看还有没漏洞
Shirley, you talk to the woman. Get her story.
雪莉你和那个女人谈谈,了解一下她的背景
Brad, check the partnership agreement. Brad
查一下合伙人协议
We have to be sure there are no
我们必须保证没有漏洞可钻
loopholes in the mandatory buyout
以防公司合伙人出现意外时
in case of a partner's death or incapacity.
股份被恶意收购
One thing. What?
有件事,什么?
Is there any remote possibility we could be overreacting here?
有没可能是我们反应过度了?
I had the time of my life
在我一生中
I've never felt this way before
这种感觉从未出现过
Yes, I swear it's the truth Oh, it's true
这是真的,我向你承诺
and I owe it all to you
你把这一切带给我
because I had the time of my life
因为在我一生中
I'll get the partnership agreement.
我现在就去找合伙人协议
And I owe it all to you you, you, you, you, you.
而你把这一切带给我,你,你,你
Docket number 249635.
案件编码249635
Commonwealth vs. Jerald Espenson.
联邦政府,对,杰拉尔德·彭森
Attempted murder, assault,
罪名是意图谋杀,袭击伤人
assault with a deadly weapon,
用致命武器进行攻击
battery, sexual battery, false imprisonment,
殴打,性攻击,非法拘禁
torture, terrorist threats.
虐待,恐怖袭击
Alan Shore for the
艾伦·肖而将为
preposterously charged Mr. Espenson.
彭森先生辩护这堆可笑的指控
Frank Ginsberg for the commonwealth.
弗兰克·金斯伯格作为联邦政府的律师
How do you plead?
你的辩护声明是什么?
Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity.
无罪,原因是被告暂时性精神失常
As to bail?
保释方式呢?
We ask that Mr. Espenson be released on his own recognizance.
我们希望以彭森先生的,书面保证来取得保释
Commonwealth opposes bail. You can't be serious!
联邦政府反对被告保释,你在说笑吧!
Your honor, this incident was an aberration.
法官阁下,这完全是一场事故
Mr. Espenson is an upstanding member of his community,
彭森是一位诚实正直的人
he is not a danger to society,
他并不会对社会造成危害
and he has a family counting on him at home.
而且他有家人需要照顾
He has dependents?
他家有受赡养者?
Her name is Linda.
她的名字是琳达
Your honor, let the record show
法官阁下,根据记录
that his dependent is a gecko.
他所谓的受赡养者是一只壁虎
Mr. Espenson threatened to kill
彭森先生在办公场所
his boss in her place of business
威胁要杀掉他的老板
and has a history of violent outbursts.
而且他有过精神异常的记录
He could be a flight risk. Flight risk?
他很可能会弃保潜逃,弃保潜逃?
The man can't even hail a cab.
他甚至不能拦停一辆出租车
Sorry.
对不起
It is incumbent upon the commonwealth to protect the community at large.
尽可能保护公众安全是联邦政府的职责
God forbid he's released and hurts someone else.
如果他被释放了,难保他不会伤害别人
Bail is denied.
保释申请被驳回
Defendant shall be remanded into custody immediately.
被告即时起羁押候审
Meal worms are in the fridge.
饲料还放在冰箱里
I need to feed Linda. I need to get home.
我需要喂琳达吃东西,我需要回家
Jerry, I'll feed Linda.
杰瑞我会帮你喂琳达的
Sexual battery, torture, terrorist threats?
性攻击,虐待,恐怖袭击?
That isn't justice. It's disproportionate retribution.
那不公平,这是莫须有的罪名
And good for you.
而且让一个
You've enlisted the one prosecutor who's running for DA next year.
明年要竞选地区检察官的人做检控官,你能得到什么好处
Tell me, how big was your campaign contribution?
告诉我,你给了他什么好处?
And is there a matching fund here at the firm we can all go in on?
而我们事务所为此投入了多少?
It was sizeable, and speak to Kim in accounting.
相当多,你可以去问我们的会计Kim
Jerry Espenson never intended...
杰瑞·彭森并不是故意...
Do not start defending him to me, Alan.
别在我面前提起他艾伦
I agreed to defend him.
我答应了为他辩护
That's why he put down the knife.
因此他才愿意放下刀子
No, you agreed to represent him.
不,你答应做他的律师
No one here meant for you to defend him.
不代表你要为他说好话
Shirley, no one is denying what this man has done to you,
雪莉没有人否认他对你做的事
but he should at least get a fair trial.
但是至少他应该得到公平的审判
Oh, by all means.
哦,说得对
Let's get a fair trial for the man who tried to slit my throat.
让一个想割开我喉咙的人得到公平的审判
Let's.
对的
But understand that everyone at this firm is considered a witness.
但是你要清楚这里的每一个人都是证人
Don't expect anyone to help you or speak to you.
别指望有人帮你说话
And won't that make for a refreshing change?
那我可以视之为良好的开始吗?
Shirley, have you talked to Denny's fiancee yet?
雪莉你和丹尼的未婚妻谈过了吗?
I've been a little busy, Paul.
我忙着呢保罗
I'm working on the prenup, but we need you to find out her intentions.
我正在准备婚前协议,可是我们需要你去找出她的真实意图
You're the one with the kind eyes. I don't do girl talk.
你比较善于与人沟通,我不擅长这种谈话
Do I have to remind you how serious this situation is?
需要我提醒你情况有多严重吗?
If Denny becomes incapacitated...
如果丹尼出了问题...
or should I say further incapacitated,
或者我应该说大问题
this woman could become his Nancy Reagan.
这个女人可能会成为他的里根夫人,(前总统里根晚年因病需要,他的夫人处理日常所有事务)
She'd have his power of attorney. She could bring down the firm.
她会借他的权力使整个事务所陷入危机
I'll talk to her.
我会和她谈的
Daniel. I came to take you to lunch.
丹尼尔我来接你去吃饭
I can't. I have a case. What is it?
我没空,手上有个案子,是什么?
A high school teacher is
一个中学教师
seeking a temporary restraining order
针对她学生的家长
against one of her student's parents.
向法庭申请临时限制令
They're hounding the woman day and
他们担忧他们女儿的学业
night about their daughter's grades.
因此整天缠着她
Helicopter parents. Helicopter parents?
直升机父母,直升机父母?
Well, that's what they call them now,
现在大家都那么称呼这些家长
you know, parents who hover around their kids,
这些家长像直升机一样老是围着孩子转
try to control every aspect of their lives.
试图完全控制他们孩子的生活
That would be the Gerings.
那不就是偏执狂
Well, cool, I'm in.
嘿,有趣,我要参加
What?
什么?
I want to second chair.
我当你的副手
Why not? I got my law degree. I keep up with my MCLEs.
为什么不行?我有法学学位,我可是民法硕士
Have you ever actually tried a case?
你有没真正做个一个案子?
No, but I've always wanted to.
没有,但是我一直很想试试
Think of it as the makeawish foundation granting a dying kid his fantasy.
就当是帮一个垂死的孩子圆了他的梦想吧
If that kid were a rich guy in his 40s.
一个40多岁的有钱孩子
Besides, I can probably help you.
而且,我说不定能帮你
I'm on the board of the Lexington school. My kids used to go there.
我是列克星顿中学的董事会成员,我的孩子原来在那读书
We deal with helicopter parents all the time.
我们经常和直升机父母打交道
That could be helpful.
那也许有用
I would have to get the client's approval, though.
可我必须取得委托人的同意
I can get that.
我可以搞定
And I would have to get one of the partners to agree.
而且我还要取得事务所合伙人的同意
Looks like a partner right there.
看,有个合伙人就在那边
Daniel Post Denny Crane
丹尼尔·波斯特. 丹尼·克兰
I'm a client. I'm a partner.
我是这的客户,我是这的老板
CEO, KreisbergPellum. My name's on the door.
KreisbergPellum的首席执行官,我的名字在这的门上
I love the offices. Thank you. I love your hair.
我喜欢这里,谢谢,我喜欢你的发型
I got a plane. Indeed?
我有一架飞机,真的?
Could use a little more color, though.
但是这里颜色太单调了
I'll make a note.
噢,我会记下的
My fiancee sells office furniture.
我的未婚妻是卖办公家具的
Congratulations. I'd love to meet her.
恭喜,我想认识她
My club, Thursdays. They serve Reubens.
我的俱乐部,星期四,那有Reuben三文治供应
I'll take you flying.
有空一起飞飞
Oh, by the way, I'd like to try
哦,随便说句,我想和
a case with Ms. Bauer over here.
鲍尔小姐一起试个案子
Why not? See you Thursday.
有何不可?周四见
Thursday.
周四见
That's what I do. I make connections.
看,这就是我打交道的方式
That's how we met, remember?
记得我们怎么认识的吗?
Shirley, I believe you know my client.
雪莉我想你认识我的委托人
Why isn't this man in jail?
这个人不是应该呆在监狱里吗?
He has an excellent attorney
他有一个极好的律师
who filed an emergency writ with the court of appeals,
刚向上级法庭提出了一份紧急文书
and the judge agreed the denial of bail was an abuse of discretion.
而法官同意撤回这份不恰当的拒保动议
I'm surprised your lackey at the DA's office didn't keep you abreast of this.
我很吃惊你那地方检察院里的仆人没有告诉你
Perhaps you didn't tip him enough.
也许是你给的小费不够
He's not to be in this building.
他不能出现在这里
I'll get a restraining order if I have to.
如果必要的话,我会申请限制令
She hates me.
她讨厌我
Tempers seem frayed all around.
她正在气头上呢
That's why I'm filing for a continuance.
因此我要申请延期动议
We'll let everyone cool down a bit,
让大家可以有点时间冷静一下
then try again for a plea bargain.
然后坐下来谈判
No.
A plea bargain's out of the question.
我不做诉辩交易
It's not guilty or nothing.
要不是无罪要不是其他
But you are guilty, Jerry.
但是你的确是犯罪了杰瑞
A whole office full of people saw you do it.
整个办公室的人都可以作证
One of the junior associates took
我们的其中一位助理同事还
a video of you on his cell phone.
用电话拍了一段录像
He's thinking of entering it in a film festival.
他原本想录下一段庆祝画面的
No plea bargain.
不做诉辩交易
Proving temporary insanity is
暂时性精神错乱并不是
a daunting task. You know that.
一个很好的辩辞,你应该知道
A plea bargain is our best
诉辩交易是
chance to keep you out of jail.
使你摆脱牢狱之灾的最好办法
If I plea bargain, I'll be disbarred.
如果我同意进行诉辩交易,我的律师生涯就完了
Alan, my whole life is the law.
艾伦法律就是我的生命
It's all I have. It's what I love.
我所拥有的,我所爱的就剩下法律了
You can't let them take that away from me.
你不能让他们剥夺我做律师的权利
Then we go to trial.
那我们准备打官司吧
Look up any case law, any articles, news reports,
去查查所有的法律,文章和新闻报导
anything that supports the
所有能够说明
theory that stress in the workplace
办公地点的压力过大
can lead to an individual
会导致个人
losing control of themselves,
失去控制能力
especially in the form of a violent outburst.
特别是引起精神异常现象
Got it.
知道了
Garrett Hello,
加勒特. 你好
You're not helping Mr. Shore on the Espenson case.
你不准帮肖尔先生做任何,关于彭森案子的事
Because you're a witness.
因为你是一个证人
I'm sure you're aware that would be a conflict of interest.
我相信你很明白这会存在利益冲突
I was just getting him coffee.
我只是帮他拿杯咖啡
Well, you can't do that, either.
那么你同样也不准那么做
I'll take a decaf, though. Thanks.
不过请给我来杯脱咖啡因咖啡
Thank you.
谢谢你
Shirley, I know we're fighting,
雪莉我明白我们现在有争执
but there's no reason to take it out on the children.
但是也没有必要把孩子们牵扯进来吧
Alan, this looks like it could be tough on you,
艾伦看上去你会遇到很多困难
especially since you don't have an assistant anymore.
特别是你不再有助手帮忙了
Shirley fired you?
雪莉解雇了你?
Worse. I got transferred to human resources
比那更糟,我被调到人事部
where all the people persons are.
那里什么人都有
She's building a Chinese wall.
她正在建一条中国长城
What's that?
那是什么?
It's a legal concept.
一个法律术语
It keeps anyone in the firm who may be involved
将我与这个事务所所有与此事相关的人
in this case from talking to me about it.
隔离开,以免我得到任何帮助
Well, then you've got a bigass wall around you.
那你可真得变成孤家寡人了
Shirley's just trying to rattle my cage.
雪莉正试图扰乱我的注意力
It's only a temporary transfer.
只是一次临时调动
So you won't be mad if I ignore you in the hall
那么你不会因我装作看你不见
and just look at your shoes?
只是低头看着你的鞋子而生气吧?
I need my job.
我需要这份工作
I'll try to wear nice shoes.
那么我会穿双漂亮的鞋子
They call me at night on the weekends.
他们在周末晚上打电话给我
They email, textmessage my cell phone.
他们给我发email发手机短信
They drop by for impromptu
他们随时会来访
parentteacher conferences.
要求开一个会
They challenge every grade, every assignment.
他们质疑所有的成绩和作业
The last straw was when my
最令我不能忍受的是
sister was delivering her baby,
当我的姐妹临盆待产
and I was her coach.
而我在旁边陪她时
They called me on my cell phone.
他们打我的手机找我
And when I said that Kathy was starting to crown,
当我说凯西正处于紧要关头
they asked when she'd be finished.
他们居然问我什么时候可以结束
So we could discuss Rachel's paper on "the red pony".
以便和我讨论瑞秋做的关于<小红马>的功课,(《小红马》为美国当代著名作家斯坦倍克的作品)
It used to be that teachers spent
在以前,老师们把
80% of the time with the students.
80%的时间花在学生上
Now we spend 80% of the time with the parents,
现在我们必须把80%的时间花在他们家长上
and it's hurting the kids.
这么做对孩子没有好处
Thank you.
谢谢你
Um, excuse me, your honor. Just one moment.
呃,抱歉,法官阁下,稍等
Judge doesn't like her. She doesn't like me.
法官不喜欢她,她不喜欢我
You know who women do find charming?
你知道女人都喜欢谁吗?
Me. Ms. Bauer?
我,鲍尔小姐?
Let me ask a question, just see how it goes.
让我问一个问题试试
I don't know about that. Ms. Bauer!
我不知道这样是否合适,鲍尔小姐!
Ms. Carpenter, would you say that it's
卡朋特小姐,你是否承认
true that Rachel Gering is a good student?
瑞秋·格林是一位好学生?
Objection. Leading the witness.
反对,引导证人
Right, sorry. I knew that. Sorry. Right.
好吧,抱歉,我错了,好吧
What kind of grades does Rachel get?
瑞秋的成绩如何?
She has between a B+ and an A average.
她的成绩在B+和A之间
And has the Gerings' attention
那么她的家长有没有关心过
done anything to change that grade?
如何提高她的成绩?
Not at all. One more question.
完全没有,还有一个问题
Have the Gerings contacted any other teachers?
格林的家长有没有找过其他老师?
All the other teachers.
所有老师他们都找过
The one they hounded the most
他们缠得最凶的一位是
was Mr. Sheehy, the math teacher.
希伊先生,数学老师
How'd he react? He quit.
他对此如何反应? 他辞职了
He couldn't take it anymore, so he took early retirement.
他不能再忍受下去了,因此他选择了提早退休
I'm still 20 years away from that.
但是我离退休还有20年
I was so excited to become a teacher.
我本来对当老师感到很兴奋的
No one told me it would be this way.
没有人告诉我会变成这样
Nothing further, your honor,
没有问题了,法官阁下
unless, uh, you can think of anything.
除非,呃,你想到了什么要问的
I know what you want, Shirley.
我知道你在想什么雪莉
And, yes, Denny does still talk about you.
是的,丹尼仍然会提起你
He remembers his experiences with you so fondly.
他对你可是记忆犹新,念念不忘
Did you know that he has a position called "the Schmidt"?
你知不知道他喜欢把一种体位称之为"Schmidt式"?
Would that be the one where I read a magazine
是不是那个我在看报纸
while he lies passed out on the floor?
而他倒在地板上晕过去?
That's not what I heard.
我听到的可不是这样
Look, Bev, I am a busy woman,
嗨,贝弗莉,我很忙
so I'll just get to the point.
所以我开门见山的说好了
Who are you and what are you up to?
你究竟是什么人,你的目的是什么?
Oh, we're going to have that conversation.
噢,我们要讨论这个话题啊 (大妇和二奶? b)
We are.
是的
So you think I'm screwing
所以你认为我是为了丹尼
Denny for his money and power?
的钱和权力而跟他上床?
It had occurred to me. Well, good news. I am.
这种事我并没有少见,那好吧,好消息是,我是
I find money and power just so appetizing.
金钱和权力让令我动心
And why did you screw him?
那么你为什么和他上床?
I lost a bet.
我打赌输了
Shirley, you know, I, I thought you were enlightened,
雪莉你知道吗,我曾以为你是一个开明的人
but it turns out you're the worst kind of female there is.
但是事实上你属于最糟糕的那种类型
Either you condemn a woman as
又或者你总是将喜欢享受性爱的
a whore because she enjoys sex.
女人当成是淫妇
I didn't say that.
我没有那么说过
Or you assume that she's a manipulative gold digger.
又或者你认为喜欢在男人身上,淘金的女人是很容易打发的
Oh, Bev, you know, I've completely misread you.
噢贝弗莉,看来我完全误解你了
Here I had you pegged as some kind of predatory shark.
我曾把你当成是某种贪婪的诈骗专家
I came here today with the intention of telling you that
我来这儿的原意是想要告诉你
if you ever do anything to hurt my friend Denny or this firm,
如果你做了任何事伤害了丹尼或者事务所
I will see to it that you are hunted down legally and literally
我会一直盯着你直到你被依法逮捕
until you are penniless and left to troll airport bars
直到你倾家荡产只能出入机场附近的酒吧
looking for alcoholic pilots nearing retirement age.
靠勾引就快退休的酒鬼飞行员为生
But I can see I don't need to do that.
但是我想我不用那么做
You know,
你知道吗
it's reay hard to believe that you're the one that came up with "the Schmidt".
真是很难把相信你是那个会用"Schmidt式"的女人
So, uh, what is "the Schmidt"?
那么,呃,什么是"Schmidt式"?
May I cut in?
我能进来吗?
I'm practicing for my wedding.
我正在为婚礼而做练习
Come on, join me.
来吧,一起跳
Why not?
好的
No, no, no, no, not on the one. It's not a mambo.
不,不,不,这不是曼波舞
It's a feeling. Like a heartbeat.
是一种感觉,就像心跳一样
Kachung, kachung, kachung!
噗通,噗通,噗通!
Shut up and dance, mister.
闭嘴跳你的舞,先生
This case Shirley is pursuing against Jerry...
关于雪莉起诉杰瑞的案子...
I'm not allowed to talk out it.
我不能讨论这个
Vietnamese wall.
越南长城
Chinese wall.
是中国长城
She's pressuring the DA's office.
她在向地方检察官办公室施加压力
She's cut off all my resources here, which is fine.
她切断了我在这里的所有资源,没关系
It's just getting a little
那只是让我酒店的房间
crowded around my hotel room
变得拥挤一点而已
with the two paralegals I've hired from Harvard?.
因为我从哈佛大学请来了两个助手
Can't hear you over the wall.
隔着墙听不见
Hey, you're a natural.
嗨,你跳得不错
Anything Denny Crane can do, I can
丹尼·克兰能做的任何事,我都能够
do backwards and wearing high heels.
穿着高跟鞋倒着做一次
The feeling I get around here is
我感觉到这里的人
that people aren't that hot on Bev.
不太喜欢贝弗莉
Haven't noticed.
倒没注意这一点
I don't care if nobody else likes her,
我不在乎其他人对她的看法
but it's important to me what you think of her.
但是你对她的看法对我很重要
I imagine I'll like her.
我想我会喜欢她的
No, Alan, I need a guarantee.
不艾伦,我要肯定的回答
And I'm not talking about getting to
而且我不是要你去了解她
know her and forming your own opinion.
然后得出你的结论
I need you to like her.
我只是要你说喜欢她
Denny, just knowing you care
丹尼知道你那么关心她
for her makes me happy enough.
让我很开心
I'm feeling your tension.
我能感觉到你的紧张心情
You can't have a very strong case.
这个官司你打不赢的
Jerry Espenson was determined to make partner.
杰瑞·彭森本来是要成为合伙人的
He didn't, and that's what made him snap.
他没当成,所以他才那么生气
Well, what's so special about that?
那有什么特别的?
All the associates want to make partner.
这儿的所有人都想成为合伙人
It's the carrot we dangle in
这就像是悬在他们前面的胡萝卜
front of them to keep them working.
成为他们工作的动力
Excuse me, Denny.
失陪一下丹尼
Melissa, I need your help. Melissa
我需要你的帮助
I need access to some personnel files.
我需要调用一些员工档案
Vietnamese wall!
越南长城!
Are you concerned about Rachel's college prospects?
你是否关心瑞秋的升学前景?
Yes.
当然
Even the state schools have taken to
即使是州立学校也只是
admitting only the best of the best.
录取最好的学生
Are you saying Ms. Carpenter isn't
你是在说Carpenter小姐没有能力
qualified to prepare your daughter?
教好你的女儿?
No, but we would be remiss
不是,但是我们不操心一点的话
if we didn't stay so involved.
实在是不放心
Our most important job is to
我们最重要的任务就是
prepare Rachel for her future.
为瑞秋安排一个美好的未来
Nothing further.
我问完了
Mrs. Gering, are you saying that
格林夫人你的意思是说
Ms. Carpenter is a bad teacher?
卡彭特小姐是一个不称职的老师?
No, I didn't say that.
不,我没有那样说
How would you rate her? B minus, Cplus, what?
那你如何评价她? B C+还是?
I don't think I could really...
我并不知道应该怎样评价...
Because she has won a teaching award
因为她曾经获得过教学奖
so maybe if you're not
所以也许如果你不能给她一个
giving her a good enough grade,
很好的评价
it's your problem, not hers. Is that possible?
那说明问题出在你身上,而不是她,有这个可能吗?
I never said...
我从没这么说过...
We know that you're involved with a lot of other teachers.
我们都知道你曾经找过很多其他老师
We just don't want our teacher to get lost in the shuffle.
我们只是不想让我们的老师感到迷惑
Maybe you were having a bad day
也许你对她的工作
when you were evaluated her.
并不是很满意
Objection!
反对!
I don't think you see her potential.
我想你应该没有看到她的能力
We know you don't see how hard she works.
你没有看到她多么的努力工作
She works so hard. The other teachers are out playing. Traci's inside...
她辛勤地工作,其他老师出去找乐子的时候她却在...
Your honor! Ms. Bauer!
法官阁下!鲍尔小姐!
Objection! They're badgering the witness!
反对!他们在骚扰证人!
Of course we're badgering the witness.
我们当然是在骚扰证人
You just figured that out? Objection sustained!
你现在才知道? 反对有效!
Thank you, your honor,
法官阁下,多谢你
for sustaining the objection to the badgeng of this woman.
阻止我们骚扰她
That's what this whole trial is about.
这就是我们所面临的问题
Let's stop the badgering.
让我们不要再骚扰下去了
No one should be able to do that sort of thing to anybody.
没有人可以对其他人做这种事
Unless they themselves are actually...
除非被骚扰人本身就...
a badger.
喜欢骚扰人
In your opinion, did Mr. Espenson seem insane to you?
在你看来Espenson先生疯了吗?
No.
He seemed to know exactly what he was doing.
他看上去清楚地知道自己在做什么
He even negotiated for the
他甚至和我们谈判
services of Mr. Shore as his attorney.
要求Shore先生作为他的律师
He only agreed to spare my life on that condition.
只有那样,他才愿意放开我
Thank you. Nothing further.
谢谢你,我问完了
Uh, Ms. Schmidt. Sorry, it's
呃,施密特女士,抱歉
just these damn microphones.
这个麦克风太差了
I don't know if you were able to hear her clearly.
我不知道你们有没听清她在说什么
I heard some of it, and it sounded great.
我只听到一部分,而且不太清楚
Testing, one, two, three. Testing.
测试,1 2 3测试
Maybe if you sit a little closer.
也许你可以坐近一些
Mr. Shore, we can all hear the witness just fine.
肖尔先生,我们都能听清证人的话
You can? Good.
可以吗?那就好
It's just Ms. Schmidt and I work together,
我和施密特女士是同事
and around the office,
我们在同一个地方办公
Shirley's considered something...
雪莉被认为是一个说话小声的人...
Mr. Shore, do you have a question?
肖尔先生,你到底有没问题要问?
I do.
当然有
I have here Jerry Espenson's
我这儿有杰瑞·彭森15年来
performance reviews for the past 15 years.
所有的考核评语
Would you please read one for us?
你能不能为我们念一段?
Pick a year, any year.
挑一年吧,哪年都可以
For the record, Mr. Espenson's
记录上表明,关于彭森先生的
work reviews are all excellent.
所有工作评价都是优秀的
Would you like me to read
你是否要我带有戏剧效果
one aloud for dramatic effect?
的为你大声读一遍?
Now that you've taken all the fun out of it, no.
那就不好玩了,不用了
How about I do it?
不如我读吧?
"Jerry has displayed a vast knowledge of the law,"
"杰瑞拥有非常渊博的法律知识"
"delivered all assignments in a timely fashion,"
"总是能够按时完成所有任务"
"has consistently met with the firm's minimum billables".
"完全达到事务所的要求"
There's no denying Mr. Espenson's exceptional work habits.
并没有人否认彭森先生出色的工作表现
Yes, and I quote,
没错,看这一句
"Jerry Espenson is not partnership material".
"杰瑞·彭森不符合当合伙人的要求"
What exactly did that mean?
具体是指什么?
We're a private firm at Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
我们是一间私人公司
We have every right to decide what
我们有权决定公司合伙人
criteria by which to make people partners.
的所有选拔标准
Yes, but clearly,
没错,很明显
Jerry Espenson is not partnership material.
杰瑞·彭森不符合当合伙人的要求
I mean, look at him. He's awkward, unsociable,
我的意思是,看看他,他是那么的笨拙和不合群
keeps his hands on his thighs at all times.
总是把他的手放在他的大腿上
As I said, we have many criteria.
正如我所说的,我们有很多选拔标准
So you've been lying to Jerry. Is that it?
所以你对杰瑞说谎了,是这样吗?
I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
About his chances to make partner.
说他有机会成为合伙人的谎言
You never told him that he
你从来没有对他说
wasn't partnership material.
他不是当合伙人的料
Quite the contrary, you encouraged him
相反,你一次又一次地鼓励他
again and again to aspire to that position.
激起他对这个位置的热情
And yet, there it was, "not partnership material,"
然而,自从1990年开始,15年来他的档案上
in his confidential file since 1990, 15 years ago.
一直都写着“不适合当合伙人”
You've been lying to Jerry Espenson for 15 years, haven't you?
15年来你一直都在欺骗杰瑞·彭森,是吗?
As you know, Mr. Shore, not everyone
你知道的肖尔先生不是每个人
makes partner at our firm or any other.
都可以成为合伙人,无论在哪间公司都一样
Otherwise our letterhead would be 20 pages long.
否则我们的信笺的抬头就有20页那么长了
But as an institutionalized practice,
但是作为一种公司惯例
you keep all associates believing
你总是让员工
they have a chance to make partner,
觉得有机会可以成为合伙人
especially the exceptional ones,
特别是有特殊才华的人
even if you never have any
即便是你根本就
intention of doing so. Isn't that right?
没有这种打算,对吗?
We encourage all our attorneys to do good work. It's their job.
我们激励我们的员工做好他们的工作,这是他们的本分
That incident in the conference room a week ago with the cake knife...
上个星期在会议室里发生的事...
that really rattled you, didn't it?
的确让你很恼火,对吗?
Excuse me? A man held a knife to your throat.
你想说什么? 一个人用刀抵着你的喉咙
You perceived it as a grave threat. It rattled you.
让你感到死亡的威胁,这让你很恼火
The experience was not a pleasant one.
这的确不是什么好的经历
No, I'm sure it wasn't.
的确不是
But let's talk about what's really going on here, shall we?
但是让我们来看看到底发生了什么事,好吗?
A gifted, eccentric and loyal
一个有才华,行为怪异而又对公司忠诚
employee who worked for 15 years on a promise
的员工为了一个承诺而埋首默默工作15年
momentarily lost control of his senses
当梦想破灭的时候
when his one dream was taken away.
他做出了失控的行为
And yet the DA's office has charged my client
然后地方检察官以各种,莫须有的罪名控告我的委托人
with everything short of the Lindbergh kidnapping.
简直就像<林白绑架案>的翻版,1976年电视剧,主人公蒙冤而死)
Because ultimately they're just following orders
而在幕后指使他们的
from the great and powerful Schmidt, aren't they?
正是我们这位伟大而强大的施密特女士,不是吗?
Objection. Relevance? Sustained. Mr. Shore...
反对,与此案有什么关系? 反对有效,肖尔先生...
Did someone move for a mistrial? Because I'm fine with that.
有人认为这是无效审判吗?这我可以接受
You will keep your questions relevant, Mr. Shore.
你只能提出相关的问题肖尔先生
Nothing further.
我问完了
When Mr. Espenson was denied
当彭森先生已经失去了成为
partnership with the firm, was he fired?
公司合伙人的机会,他有被解雇吗?
No, he was offered a position
没有,我们提供了一个律师的职位给他
of counsel and was free to stay.
他可以选择留下
And what salary would Mr. Espenson
那么如果彭森先生继续留在公司
have made if he'd stayed at the firm?
他的薪水将会是多少?
Approximately $300,000 per year.
大概是每年30万美金
$300,000 a year?
30万一年?
Sounds like a real coal mine
听起来Crane, Poole & Schmidt事务所
at Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
真像是一座金矿
It's not going very well, is it?
情况不大好,对吗?
No, it's not.
是的,不大好
Jerry, it may be time to start thinking
杰瑞也许是时候考虑一下
of who will take care of Linda if...
当你不在的时候...
You're away.
将由谁来照顾琳达了
Oh, God! Oh, God!
噢,天啊,噢,天啊!
Jerry, I'm going to make a
杰瑞我会以你暂时精神失常
case for temporary insanity
为由进行辩护
that is as compelling as it can possibly be,
虽然比较牵强
but it's thin at best.
但是也只能这样了
And I must be frank with you.
而且我必须坦白告诉你
I don't know if it will be enough.
我不知道这样有没有用
My dad is a mathematics professor at Cornell,
我父亲是康奈尔大学的一名数学教授
and he's always saying, "may I have some toast?"
他总是说,"我可以要些土司吗?"
I don't understand.
我听不懂
He says it over and over again,
而他总是不停地说
"May I have some toast? May I have some toast?"
"我可以要些土司吗?" "我可以要些土司吗?"
And eventually he says it enough,
而当他说了很多遍之后
and someone always gives him toast.
总会有人满足他的要求
Your father?
你父亲?
He never gives up. That's what I'm saying.
他从来都不放弃,这就是我所说的
It's the toast. Bingo.
土司会有的,中了
We should never give up.
我们决不应放弃
No, we won't give up, Jerry.
我们不会放弃的,杰瑞
I felt like a cross between Clarence Darrow.
我感觉就像是Clarence Darrow上身了,(美国30年代著名的刑事辩护律师)
And, uh, Al Pacino in that movie where he shouts.
还有就像在电影里的叫喊着的Al Pacino (Al Pacino,奥斯卡影帝)
You are really good at trial law.
你真的很擅长法律诉讼
You should, um...
你应该,呃...
Maybe next life.
下辈子吧
Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about you.
好了,别说我了,说一下你自己吧
Why are you getting involved with a dead guy?
为什么你要和一个快死的人约会?
I, uh, try not to think about it.
我,呃,我尝试着不想这点
I do find myself being strangely forthcoming with you.
我自己也觉得奇怪为什么我会喜欢和你在一起
Oh, so you're my count Guido.
噢,那你就是我的Guido伯爵了
Who?
谁?
Count Guido da Montefeltro.
Guido da Montefeltro伯爵
Uh, from Dante's "inferno".
出自但丁的<神曲,地狱篇>
Dante meets Guido in hell.
但丁和吉多在地狱碰面
Guido tells him that if he thought his
吉多告诉但丁如果他所说的话
words would ever reach the real world,
有可能传到阳间
he'd never reveal his true feelings to anyone.
那么他就不会向任何人表露他的真实感情
But because he thinks Dante's dead,
但是他认为但丁已经死了
he tells him everything.
所以他告诉了但丁一切
So you think I'm honest with you
所以你认为我对你那么诚实
because you're, um, a dead guy?
是因为你是一个,呃,死人?
Something like that.
大概是这个意思
So, Guido, can I do the closing?
那么吉多,我能做结案陈词吗
It's called Asperger's syndrome.
这叫做阿斯伯格综合症
And as you suspected, it is hereditary.
正如你料想的那样,这是遗传病
Asperger's syndrome?
阿斯伯格综合症?
Sounds like something you cure with an ointment.
听起来像可以用药膏治好的病
It's a form of autism.
这是孤独症的一种表现形式
From the behavior that you've described
这是从你所描述的行为
and from what I read in his, uh, personnel file...
还有我读到的,呃,他的个人档案...中推断出来的
Oh, dear, however did you get hold of that?
噢,天啊,你从哪里得到那份档案的?
Jerry Espenson is a classic case.
杰瑞·彭森是一个典型病例
No eye contact, strange ticlike behaviors,
不做眼神接触,奇怪的局部抽搐行为
passion for a single subject, in this case, the law.
对某样物体具有狂热的爱好,这里表现为法律
Sudden outbursts.
突然性感情失常
Basically their brains can't process
基本上来说,他们的大脑不能处理
ordinary nonverbal cues that
普通人用来进行日常交流的
most people use to communicate.
各种非语言信号
I know it sounds strange.
这听起来的确很奇怪
I'm not one to judge.
不应该由我来判断
Do you think Jerry Espenson knows he has it?
你觉得杰瑞·彭森,知道他有这种病吗?
I doubt it. Most adults don't know.
我不觉得,多数人都不知道自己得了这种病
It wasn't even considered a disorder until 1995.
甚至直到1995年才被认定为是一种病
Denny
丹尼。
What's this?
这是什么?
It's your prenup from your last marriage.
这是你上一次婚姻的婚前协议
It's hard to believe I was ever that young.
真难想象我曾经也年轻过
I took the liberty of drawing
我增加了一些新的条款
up a new one with some addendums.
起草了一份新的
"In the event that either party
"在协议双方其中之一
becomes physically or mentally incapacitated,
丧失身体或是精神上的能力时
their assets... "
他们的资产... "
This isn't about protecting me.
这根本就不是在保护我
This is about protecting the firm.
是在保护这间事务所
You've been through wives
你曾经有过数任妻子
before, Denny, five of them.
丹尼准确是五任
This firm is the constant.
而事务所只有一间
We're the ones who are still here,
它是属于我们大家的
and this does look after your best interests.
而且这份协定的确保障了你的最大利益
You mean the best interests of the firm.
你指的是这间公司的最大利益
Oh, for God's sake, Denny.
噢,看在上帝的份上丹尼
Someone has to worry about this
总要有人为公司着想
firm, and since you won't, I have to.
既然你不关心,那么只好由我来做承担责任
Because you're a senior partner,
但是你只是高级合伙人
yet your name isn't on the door.
门上没有你的名字
Mine is. First name on the door.
而我的名字排在第一位
I'm not interested in getting into an historical argument with you.
我没有兴趣和你讨论历史问题
Why, because I built this firm from the ground up?
为什么,因为是我创建了这间事务所?
I care about what could happen to this firm now!
我只关心事务所现在的情况!
Let me tell you what'll happen to this firm if Denny Crane left.
让我告诉你如果丹尼·克兰不在了,这间公司会变成怎样
It would dry up and blow away and you with it!
它会和你一样枯萎而凋零!
I'm the big gun on this boat, the captain!
我是这艘船上的老大,船长!
And you're nothing but a skinny, overpaid deckhand!
而你只是一个小小的领着过高薪水的水手而已!
No, I am the deckhand who steers the ship,
才不是那样,我是这艘船上的舵手
because the captain isn't up to it anymore!
因为船长已经不再胜任这份工作了!
Get out.
出去
Look over the new document, sign it and get it back to me today.
好好看看这份新协议,签好名今天拿回给我
I'm not signing anything.
我不会签任何东西的
I can't believe we're here today
我简直不敢相信我们今天在这里的原因
because these parents care too much about their child.
是因为家长们太过关心自己的孩子
The truth is our children are growing up
事实是我们的孩子在一个
in a frighteningly competitive world.
竞争激烈的环境中长大
They'll face global competition the
他们将要面对的是我们从来
likes of which we've never seen before,
没有见过的全球化竞争
and we are unprepared.
而我们对此手足无措
The most recent study ranked American students
最近的研究表明美国的学生
16th in the world in science,
自然科学排在全球第16位
19th in the world in mathematics.
数学排在全球第19位
Of American 12th graders,
在美国的国民教育的12个年级中
30% of the boys and 17% of the girls cannot read at the basic level.
30%的男孩和17%的女孩,不能进行最基本的阅读
This type of failure will kill our kids,
这种情况会毁了我们的孩子
and that's what George and Gigi Gering are trying to prevent.
而这正是格林夫妇想要避免的
These parents are simply trying to secure
他么只是想尽可能地
their daughter's future as best they can,
保护他们的女儿的将来
a future that they know will be
因为他们知道她的未来
challenged with everincreasing competition.
将会面临着更多的竞争和挑战
What I would have given to have
如果我也能够拥有一对像他们那样的父母
parents as involved as the Gerings.
如果你问我,我会说
If you ask me, their daughter's lucky her parents care so much.
他们的女儿真是幸运,能够拥有那么关心她的父母
Before I start, um,
在我开始之前
I know you think your parents weren't involved, but look at you.
我知道你认为你的父母不像他们,但是看看你
I think you turned out super.
我觉得你现在过得挺好的
By the way, your honor, I'm, uh, I'm dying.
另外说句,法官阁下,我,呃,我就快死了
I object! You object.
我反对! 你反对
He's trying to garner sympathy, your honor.
他在尝试获取同情,法官阁下
Not at all, your honor.
并没有,法官阁下
I only mean to say that my current
我只是想表示,我的现状
situation gives me a unique view on life.
让我可以从一个独特的角度来看待生活
Sustained. Mr. Post, proceed with your closing.
反对有效,波斯特先生,请开始你的结案陈词
Right. Moving on.
好吧,这就开始
The Gerings want to be involved in their child's education,
格林夫妇想要介入他们孩子的教育进程
and they should be.
而且他们认为应该介入
But in their zealotry, they left one thing out of the equation.
但是在他们狂热的行为中,他们忽略了教育中的另一方
The teacher.
老师
Because let's face it, your honor, we treat our teachers like crap.
让我们面对这个事实吧,法官阁下,我们把老师都看作是废物
Instead of training our educators properly
我们不但没有给予他们良好的培训
and believing in them and incentivizing them with
相信他们并且给予他们良好的待遇
decent wages, we disrespect them,
反之,我们不尊敬他们
we challenge them at every turn.
我们质疑他们所做的任何事
And the government, in their no child
而我们的政府,因采取<不让一个儿童落后法> (由布什总统于2002年,在俄亥俄州哈密尔顿中学签署)
left behind act, have created a monster.
造就了一个怪物体系
Instead of teaching children to be innovative,
与其教会孩子们创新意识,我们的教育者
our educators are forced to cheat to the test.
被迫要在测验中动手脚
And it's been documented at nationwide,
而且有文件证明
some teachers are themselves cheating on those tests,
有些教师为了保住自己的饭碗和奖金
because their salaries, their bonuses,
甚至在自己的考核中作弊
their job security are linked to the test scores.
因为他们的工作和考核挂钩
Sit down, sit down.
坐下,坐下
And on the other side we have parents like the Gerings
另一方面,像格林夫妇这样的家长
coming at them from all angles, questioning their every move,
持续地从各个方面质疑教师们的教学
instead of putting their faith in them.
而不是去信任他们
But they do it from a good place.
但是他们的目的达到了
I mean, all they want is complete and utter control.
我的意思是,他们所要的只不过是完全的控制权
And believe me, I know all
相信我
about wanting control of your life
我知道拥有控制权的感觉
and having very little of it.
而且我也多少有那么一点这种权力
But you can't control life.
但是你不能够控制自己的人生
You can't control your daughter.
你也不能够控制你的女儿的人生
You can't control the teacher.
还有老师的
All you can do is inspire them to be innovative thinkers,
你能够做的就是,期待着他们成为一个能够创新的思考者
people who tap into their own creativity and competence to try new things,
能够用他们的创新思维和能力去尝试新事物
to challenge the status quo, to make new discoveries.
改变现状,创造新发明
And our kids will do all that and more
如果我们给他们一点空间,让他们自由发挥
if we just back off and let them grow.
他们将会做得更好
Just my luck, one of the little bastards will come up with a cure for cancer.
对我而言,希望这些小家伙们,能够找到治疗癌症的方法
They say Albert Einstein may
有人说爱因斯坦也许有
have had Asperger's syndrome.
阿斯伯格综合症
Thomas Jefferson
托马斯·杰佛逊(美国第三任总统《独立宣言》的主要起草人)
Some say even Bill Gates exhibits certain signs of it.
有的人甚至说比尔·盖茨也有类似的症状
Very good company.
可微软是间好公司
Jerry?
杰瑞?
It's a relief, actually.
事实上,这是一种解脱
You think?
你这么认为?
I always hated that I couldn't be normal.
我总是恨自己与众不同
Turns out... it's because I'm not.
原来...那是因为我的确与众不同
Jerry, it's also a viable defense.
杰瑞这个辩诉可行
We just need the psychiatrist to give you a diagnosis.
只要让医生为你做一个诊断
Oh, no, no, no, no.
噢,不,不,不
Jerry, without a clinical diagnosis...
杰瑞没有医学诊断的话...
With a diagnosis in court, it'll be a matter of public record.
如果在庭上出示这个证据,那就会进入我的档案
I will be the autistic lawyer.
我就会成为一个病态律师
Forget about disbarment!
别说什么剥夺律师资格了!
No one will ever hire a mental case!
没有人会请一个有精神问题的律师!
Jerry, listen to me...
杰瑞听我说...
No, then I certainly could never be a lawyer again.
不,那样的话我就再也不能够成为一个律师了
No, no, no, no!
不,不,不!
After carefully reviewing the testimony,
在仔细考虑了双方的证词后
as well as my own conduct as a parent of a teenager,
同时也参考我本身教育孩子的方式
I am ruling in favor of the plaintiff.
我裁定原告胜诉
Yes! Mr. Post, control yourself.
好极了!波斯特先生,请控制你的情绪
Sorry, your honor. Sorry, everybody.
抱歉,法官阁下,各位
Mr. and Mrs. Gering,
格林先生和夫人
it is plainly evident that you love your daughter,
你们的确很爱你们的孩子
but your interest in her studies
但是你们对她学业上的过度关注
has, in my view, become interference.
我的看法是,变成了一种干涉行为
Therefore, I am granting the
因此,我批准原告提出的
petitioner's request for injunctive relief.
禁令救济要求
You may call Ms. Carpenter once every three weeks,
你们每隔3个星期可以,和卡彭特小姐联络一次
and you can have one parentteacher conference per term.
而你们每个学期可以召开一次家长教师会
We're adjourned.
休庭
Thank you both so much. You're welcome.
谢谢你们,不用谢
Thank you.
谢谢你
Nice work, counselor. Yeah. Oh, nuts!
干得不错,律师,太好了,哦,不太好!
You know, I didn't get a chance to ask the court reporter
要知道,我没有找到机会要求法庭书记员
to read back someone's testimony.
重读某人的证词
That would have been awesome.
那将会更精彩
Do you want to go, um, celebrate?
你准备去哪儿庆祝?
You know what? I'll be out in a minute.
你知道吗?我想呆多会儿
I just want to, um, savor the moment.
我想要,嗯,感受一下这一刻
Okay.
好吧
Asperger's syndrome. What?
阿斯伯格综合症,什么?
I wasn't familiar with it either,
我也对此不太熟悉
but these three highly regarded
但是这儿有三位知名的
psychiatrists have heard of it,
精神病专家对此很熟悉
and they're all convinced Jerry Espenson suffers from it.
而且他们一致认为杰瑞·彭森得了这种病
It doesn't change anything.
那不能说明什么
It actually changes a lot.
事实上它说明了许多问题
According to the Americans with disabilities act,
根据美国残疾人法案
it changes Jerry Espenson from
它使得杰瑞·彭森从一个
an oddball who attacked his boss
袭击上司的怪胎
to a man who has suffered his whole
变成一个因患有孤独症
life from a form of behavioral autism.
而饱受折磨的人
It also changes your case from a winner to a loser.
它同样让你们由胜方变为败方
What are you looking for?
你想怎么样?
Dismiss the charges.
取消控诉
No.
不可能
There's no reason to prosecute this man.
没有起诉这个人的理由
Shirley, you must have something to say about this.
雪莉你有什么看法吗?
I do.
I'm sorry Jerry has autism. It explains a lot.
我很遗憾杰瑞得了这种病,它说明了很多东西
But what's to stop him from doing it again,
但是要怎样才能使他不再做同样的事
from attacking someone else or worse?
去攻击其他人或者更糟?
Because he wants to get better.
他只是想要变得更出色
There's medications that can
药物治疗可以帮助他
help control his outbursts,
控制他的情绪
behavioral therapy to
行为疗法可以帮助他
rehabilitate his social skills,
重新获得社交技能
occupational therapy for his tics.
作业疗法可以改变他的小动作
It's what's fair and what's right.
这既公平又合理
Would you excuse us, please?
请让我们单独说几句话
Shirley, in the time that I've known you,
雪莉自从我认识你以来
I've never seen you do what you're doing now.
我从没见你做过像现在这样的事
You said to me at the outset
你一开始和我说过
you were looking for justice.
你总是在寻求正义公平
Jerry Espenson has been
杰瑞·彭森在他的生命中
suffering needlessly his entire life.
一直承受着这种折磨
Now he has a chance to find a measure of peace.
现在他有一个机会获得安宁
That's justice, Shirley, isn't it?
这不是体现了正义公平吗雪莉?
You'll get him help?
你会帮他吗?
My word.
说到做到
It's over?
结束了?
It is.
是的
Jerry, it's best you leave now.
杰瑞你现在最好离开这里
Shirley's largesse will only go so far.
雪莉的容忍度有限
I just, I want to, um...
我,我只是要,呃...
Goodbye, Alan.
和你说再见艾伦
So Guido?
那么吉多?
Who do you see playing me in the movie?
你认为拍成电影的话谁饰演我比较好?
I'm thinking Denzel.
我认为丹泽尔不错,(丹泽尔华盛顿是好莱坞著名黑人演员)
I don't think this case was
我可不认为这部片子
the stuff Oscars are made of.
可以获得奥斯卡奖
To me it was.
对我来说可以
I don't get it.
我不明白
You've built a
你白手起家
billiondollar company from the ground up.
创建了一个价值十亿的公司
Why does this excite you?
为什么会对打官司那么感兴趣?
I don't know.
我也不知道
Having stocks, futures, it's
拥有股票和未来
sort of a fantasy, you know?
这是一个梦想,你知道
You can't really see it.
可这都是看不见的东西
But a courtroom, a judge, someone who needs my help,
但是在法庭里,法官,某人需要我的帮助
that I can see, smell, hear, touch, taste.
我可以确实的看见,闻到,听见,摸着,体会
It's four stars, five senses.
四星级,五味俱全
I was really good in there, wasn't I?
我的表现的确不错,是吗?
I imagine you'd be pretty good at anything you try.
我想你做什么事都可以很成功
I start chemo again tomorrow.
我明天要再次开始化疗了
Okay.
好吧
Good evening.
晚上好
You hate me, too, don't you?
你也讨厌我,是吗?
Bev, I don't know you well enough to hate you
贝弗利我还没有了解你到要讨厌你的程度
or love you or be indifferent to you.
或者爱上你又或者无视你的程度
Denny said you spoke your mind, but jeez Louise.
丹尼已经说过你很直爽,天,他说得对
I will say the fact that
我会说事实上
everyone else at this firm does not have
这间公司的其他人都对你没有好感
a favorable opinion of you is
其实对你来说是一件
certainly a point in your favor.
好事
Paul Denny
保罗、丹尼
I've got a pair of Celtic
我这有两张凯尔特人队
tickets for tomorrow night,
明晚比赛的票
if you're interested.
有兴趣吗
Thanks.
谢谢
Denny. Yeah?
丹尼。嗯?
Well, I'm just surprised
我很惊讶
after our argument.
我们刚吵完一架
Argument?
吵架?
Denny, it was just yesterday.
丹尼昨天才发生的事
Paul, I would remember if we had a fight.
保罗如果有这回事,我会记得的
We almost came to blows. How could you not...
我们都快要打起来了,你怎么会忘记...
Paul, would you rather rehash all that,
保罗你是真的要旧事重提
or should we just pretend that I forgot?
还是干脆让我假装忘了?
If you'll forgive me. I left Bev on simmer.
我先告辞了,我让贝弗莉一个人寂寞地呆着
She should be coming to a boil rather nicely now.
她现在应该很想我了
Hey.
My favorite girl, my favorite guy.
我宠爱的女人和我中意的男人
I warmed up your cigar for you.
我帮你点好了雪茄
Well, it's not the first
很好,这已经不是第一次
time you left my stogie smoking.
你让我的”雪茄”冒烟了
Well, I'm gonna let you
好吧,我让你们
two young men have your time,
两个小伙子呆会吧
and I ll see you later.
晚点见
Bev? Yeah?
贝弗莉?什么?
Do it once before you leave.
走前再来一次
Bev Crane. Oh, that's my girl.
贝弗莉·克兰哦,这才是我的女孩
Good night, Alan.
晚安,艾伦
Good evening, Bev.
再见贝弗莉
So...
那么...
do you like her yet? You promised.
你现在喜欢她了吗?你答应我的
I did, and I do.
是的,我喜欢
I thought you would.
我就知道
She has many fine qualities.
她相当出色
She makes my friend smile.
而且她能使我的朋友露出笑容
That's the only quality that matters.
这是最重要的一点
Alan
艾伦,
Bev is the woman I've always dreamed of.
贝弗莉就是我梦想中的那类女人
An angel in the bedroom, a whore in the kitchen.
厨房里像荡妇,卧室里像主妇
I think it's the other way around.
我想你说反了
Not last night.
至少昨晚是这样

重点单词   查看全部解释    
objection [əb'dʒekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反对,异议

联想记忆
appetizing ['æpitaiziŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 开胃的,促进食欲的 =appetising

 
eccentric [ik'sentrik]

想一想再看

adj. 古怪的,反常的,不同圆心的
n. 怪

联想记忆
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
exceptional [ik'sepʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 例外的,异常的,特别的,杰出的

联想记忆
gifted ['giftid]

想一想再看

adj. 有天赋的,有才华的

 
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
cell [sel]

想一想再看

n. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室

 
intended [in'tendid]

想一想再看

adj. 故意的,有意的;打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。