I feel terrible, Miss Lounds. Never entered my head you might be a vegetarian.
很抱歉,劳兹女士。我从没想过你会是个素食者
A lapse on my behalf.
我的过失
Research always delivers benefits.
调查总是有好处的
If it contradicts a good story, hell, publish it anyway.
如果它与写出好故事矛盾了呢,管他呢,发表了再说
Are you still angry I called you insane?
你还在为我叫你疯子而生气吗
The libel laws are clear, Mr. Graham.
诽谤法说得很清楚,格雷厄姆先生
Insinuation is such a grey area.
暗讽属于灰色地带
Insane isn't really black or white, is it?
疯子并不是非黑即白,对吧
We're all pathological in our own ways.
我们都有自己的病态行为
You choose the version of the truth that suits you best and pursue it pathologically.
你选择最合你心意的那一版"事实",并且病态地去追寻它
Everybody decides their own versions of the truth.
每个人心里都有自己的一版事实
I'm here because I want to tell Abigail's version of the truth.
而我来这里是想讲述阿比盖尔的
See that you do.
注意点吧
I don't have anything to hide.
我没什么好隐瞒的
Everyone has something to hide, but I won't tell anything you don't want me to.
每个人都有要隐瞒的事,但我不会发布任何你不想发布的事
You must understand our concerns. We care about Abigail.
你得理解我们的顾虑。我们关心阿比盖尔。
Our only thought is to protect her.
我们只是想保护她
She's already exposed. Her silence until now has been taken as guilt.
她已经暴露了。她至今为止的沉默被人认为是内疚。
This book is about her innocence. I want Abigail to have a future.
这本书用以讲述她的无辜。我想让阿比盖尔拥有未来。
That's what we all want.
我们都这么想
Well, we all want what's best for Abigail.
我们都希望给阿比盖尔最好的
This is possibly the finest salad I've ever eaten in my life.
这大概是我这辈子吃过的最好吃的沙拉了
Shame to ruin it with all that meat.
和肉拌在一起真是可惜了