现在向你展示的是
the human condition in all its sordid glory.
各种人性的肮脏面
It's a bunch of guys in a cell.
只是被一群关在牢房的人而已
We have a finite number of Friday nights in our lives.
我们一生中周五夜晚的数量本就有限
Why are we spending one of them here?
为什么还要在浪费在这里呢
Because it's Friday night.
因为周五晚上
This is when the holding cells are at their busiest.
是集体拘留室最热闹的时候
You have before you a gilded opportunity
锻炼你推理技术的
to sharpen your deductive prowess.
大好机会就在你眼前
Each one of these men, whether they realize it or not,
这里的每个人,无论他们自己是否意识到
is telling you the story of how he came to be here.
都在向你展现他们被关在这里的始末
It's written in their bearing, on their clothing.
都写在他们的行为举止和衣着打扮里
So, look at the guy and then tell you what they did.
观察他们然后说出他们犯了什么事
There's like 20 people in here.
这里可有二十来个人呢
You find that intimidating?
区区这点人就吓倒了吗
Plaid shirt, very nervous,
穿格子衬衫的人神情紧张
obviously never been in jail before.
显然从没进过牢房
Keeps fiddling with his wedding ring,
不停摆弄着自己的婚戒
feeling guilty about something,
应该是对某些事心存愧疚
probably the hooker he picked up earlier.
可能是因为他之前招了妓女
Popped collar--
衣领竖起来的那位
drunk and disorderly.
烂醉如泥,神志不清
That one's a layup.
估计是赖着不想上班
Tattoo guy is, uh...
有纹身的那家伙...
Would you like a hint? No.
需要提示吗,不要
His crime involves a litter of purebred Yorkshire Terriers.
他犯的罪和一窝纯种的约克夏犬有关
I said I don't want a hint.
我说了不要提示
This could take a while.
看来我们要待很久
I'm gonna get a coffee.
我先去买杯咖啡
Do you want? No.
你要吗,不要
Can you do me next?
你下一个能观察我吗
Got to warn you, if you hit "latte"
必须提醒你,如果你按了"拿铁"
you're not going to recognize what comes out.
你肯定认不出流出来的到底是什么
I just got a coffee, thanks.
我只是随便喝杯咖啡,谢谢
I'm Craig Basken. I work a lot of nights.
我是克雷格·巴斯肯,我经常值晚班
Oh. Joan Watson.
你好,我叫乔恩·华生
You're one of the, uh, the consultants, right?
你是我们的顾问之一,是吧
Yeah. You work, uh, with the guy with the socks.
对,你是穿短袜那家伙的搭档
Listen, um, I know you guys work the stuff
我知道你们办的都是
that Captain Gregson calls you in on,
格雷森警监请你们帮忙的案子
but I caught this string of robberies in the West Village.
但最近我这有个西村的连环抢劫案
Uh, someone's knocking over falafel carts,
有人蓄意撞翻卖小吃的推车
and it's not the crime of the century
我知道这不是什么世纪大案
and it shouldn't be that hard to clear.
案情也没那么复杂
But you're stuck.
但是你被卡住了
Yeah, so...
是的,所以...
I thought maybe I'd, uh, I'd hit you up,
我想也许可以请你帮忙
get another perspective.
拓宽一下破案思路
I hope that's not too much to ask.
希望我的要求不会太过分
No, no, it's not a problem.
不,不过分,没问题
Sherlock and I would be happy to take a look.
夏洛克和我乐意帮忙
I said hi to that guy once, and, uh,
我曾经试着和那家伙打招呼
h-he said that I interrupted his train of thought.
但是他说我打断了他的思路
He, uh, called me a bell-end,
他说我是白痴
so I was thinking maybe you could have a look-- just you.
所以我想,能不能请你看看,就你一个
Um, sure, yeah.
好吧,当然可以
Great. I'll just, uh, grab the case file.
那太好了,我这就去拿案件资料
Okay.
好的
Hi, honey.
宝贝
It's your mom.
我是你妈
I'm calling again.
我又打来了
Just wondering if you're gonna call me back
不知道这学期结束前
before the end of the semester.
你会不会给我回个电话
I hope you're having a great time. I love you.
祝你过得开心,爱你
Where is your husband?
你丈夫在哪
Where is your husband?
你丈夫在哪
My, my husband-I, I don't know.
我丈夫... 我不知道他在哪
Where is he?
他在哪
911. What's your emergency?
报警服务中心,您有什么紧急情况
Yes, a man broke into my house.
有个男人闯进了我家
He was armed.
他有枪
I shot him. There's blood.
我对他开枪了,他应该流血了
Is he still there, ma'am?
他还在你家吗,女士
Are you safe?
你现在安全吗
I think he's gone.
我觉得他走了
Okay, he said that he came for my husband.
他说是来找我丈夫的
You have to make sure that he's okay.
请你们帮我确认一下他的安全
Where is your husband now?
你丈夫现在在哪
He's working, I think.
他应该在工作
He's with the 11th Precinct.
他是第11警区的
Your husband's a police officer?
你丈夫是警察吗
He's the captain there.
他是那里的警监
His name's Tommy Gregson.
他叫汤米·格雷森
She's back in the kitchen, Captain.
她在厨房里,警监
You're okay.
你没事就好
Are you okay?
你没事吧
Yeah. Yeah.
没事,没事
I was working out in the garage when I heard the gun go off.
听见枪响的时候,我在车库里健身
All right, I'm gonna need you to walk me
好的,请跟我说说
through everything you remember.
你所记得的全部事发经过
Is the captain all right? Holmes, yeah, he's fine.
警监没事吧,福尔摩斯,他很好
He's inside with his wife. I'm giving 'em a minute.
他和他妻子在里面,我让他们独处一会
Hey, I said I'm giving 'em a minute. All right.
我说了让他们独处一会,好吧
This is Jim Monroe-- he lives across the street,
这位是吉姆·门罗,他住在街对面
got a quick look at our guy.
匆匆瞥见了嫌疑人
James Monroe?
你叫詹姆斯·门罗
Yes, like the fifth president.
对,跟第五任总统同名
My dad was reading his biography when I was born.
我出生时我父亲刚好在读他的传纪
Anyway, I heard the shots.
我听见了枪声
I saw a guy wearing a mask come running out.
我看见一个带面罩的家伙跑了出来
He was halfway down the street by the time I got over here.
当我赶到这里时他已经跑出去半条街
Can you describe him?
你能描述一下他吗
He took his mask off while he was running,
他在跑的时候把面罩摘了下来
but he was almost a hundred feet away.
不过他差不多离我一百尺远
His back was to me. He had dark hair.
他背对着我,头发是深色的
Wish I could tell you more.
抱歉我只知道这些
Sorry to interrupt your doctrine.
抱歉打断你的说辞
You know there's blood on the car over here?
你知道这辆车上有血迹是吧
Yeah, Cheryl said she hit the guy.
对啊,谢丽尔说她打中了那家伙
Doesn't look like he lost much blood.
他看起来不像是流了很多血
He could run, so maybe she just grazed him.
他还能跑,所以可能只是擦伤
Bell, she's ready to talk.
贝尔,你可以问她话了
Just seemed like it happened so fast.
一切都发生得太快了
He was already inside when I came home, and I...
我回家的时候他已经在屋里了,而且我...
I don't even know how he got in.
我也不知道他是怎么进来的
You didn't have the alarm on?
家里的报警器没开吗
He had this mask on.
他戴着面罩
I can describe it to a composite artist.
我可以描述给绘图合成人员
He had a Glock handgun--
他拿着一把格洛克手枪
a 21, I think.
我觉得是把21式
He was about six-two, maybe 170 pounds,
他身高大概六尺二,可能170磅
and I would definitely recognize his voice if I heard it again.
如果我再听到的话一定能认出他的声音
Now, before tonight, had either of you two noticed anything odd--
今晚之前,你们有没有注意到任何可疑的事
cars you didn't recognize,
像是不认识的车辆
anyone who seemed unusually interested in the Captain?
或对警监表现出异常兴趣的人
You?
你呢
No.
没有
But I'm not living here at the moment.
不过我最近不住这里
For how long?
有多久了
For about a month.
大概有一个月了
Mrs. Gregson, your mother just got here.
格雷森夫人,你的母亲刚刚到
Okay.
好吧
Now, look, my wife's the victim here, I'm the target,
听着,我妻子是受害者,我是目标
so obviously I can't run point on this case,
所以很明显我不能接手这个案子
so let me be clear: I'm not running point when I tell you
但我想说的是,我希望指纹和血清的
I want a rush on the prints and the serology.
检验结果能很快出来
If this guy's got a vendetta against a cop,
因为如果这家伙是要报复警察
there's a good chance he's in the system.
那他很有可能之前就有前科
Captain.
警监
It hardly needs saying, but...
也许没必要这么说,但是...
Watson and I will devote our full attention to this matter.
华生和我会全力调查这个案子的
We might need access to your files, personal and professional.
我们可能需要查看你的文件,公私都要
There's a good chance we'll need
我们很可能需要
to examine your life in minute detail.
了解你生活的所有细节
You don't tend to shed much light on your private affairs,
你的隐私不大会有保障了
so... comfortable with that?
所以,你能接受吗
Whatever you need.
你要干嘛都行
Just help Marcus find this guy.
只要能帮助马库斯找到这家伙
Did you know that Captain Gregson turned down a promotion
你知道格雷森警监曾经婉拒过一个
that would have made him the youngest detective in the NYPD?
能让他成为纽约警局最年轻侦探的提拔吗
He didn't want to work for Internal Affairs.
他不愿意为内勤部工作
He is also, judging by his e-mails,
从他的邮件来看,他还对
surprisingly tolerant of forwarded videos of mischievous kittens.
转发的淘气猫咪视频令人惊奇地宽容
He never talks about any of these things.
他从来不说起这些
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
我觉得我不应该吃惊
I mean, none of us even knew he was separated until tonight.
我们直到今晚才知道他和妻子已经分居了
I knew. Had my suspicions, anyway.
我知道,至少怀疑过
He's been arriving earlier in the morning,
他早上到得更早
leaving later, stopped bringing home-packed lunches.
离开得更晚,也不带家里做的午饭了
Well, if you knew, then why didn't you say something to him?
如果你知道的话,为什么不和他谈谈
Well, why would I?
为什么要谈呢
His work hasn't suffered.
他的工作又没受影响
If anything, he's been slightly more focused.
即使有影响,也是比以前更专注了
Quite frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long
老实说,我很吃惊警监的婚姻
for the Captain's marriage to buckle.
过了这么长时间才出问题
He's an excellent detective.
他是位很棒的警察
What does that have to do with it?
那跟这个有什么关系
Well, as you know, detection is a calling, not a job.
你也知道,刑侦这行是种使命,不只是工作
Hardly leaves one with time left over
几乎没什么时间留给你
to sustain the elaborate ruse of marriage.
去煞费苦心地设法维持婚姻
Because, of course, you think marriage is an elaborate ruse.
你当然觉得婚姻就是煞费苦心的计谋
There are other ways to describe it.
还有其它的说法去描述它
An unnatural arrangement which forces its participants
一种强迫参与者遵守不健康的
into an unhealthy monogamy.
一夫一妻制的违背常理的协定
An accretion of petty fights and resentful compromises
打闹争吵和不满妥协的累加
which, like Chinese water torture,
就像中国的水刑一样
slowly transforms both parties
慢慢地将双方由之前的自我
into howling, neurotic versions of their former selves.
变成歇斯底里的神经质
Yeah. So, anyway, I found about 20 cases so far
随便吧,目前为止我找到了大概二十个
with perps that fit the description that Mrs. Gregson gave us.
案子的嫌犯符合格雷森夫人的描述
So, I'll keep sifting through,
我会继续筛选
if you want to take a look at them.
你想看的话可以拿去
Mmm, not necessary.
没必要
I was fairly certain that listing the Captain's enemies
之前我只是一般确定通过回顾警监的案子
via reviewing his casework was a fool's errand.
来列出他的敌人是个笨办法
Now I'm all but positive.
现在我非常确定
The kind of criminal the Captain pursues tends to be intelligent--
警监所追查的案子通常是聪明人所为
the sort of person who knows that attacking a policeman
这种人知道攻击警察
is very bad business indeed.
是一种愚蠢的行为
I believe that we are hunting for a different class of person.
我相信我们在追捕的不是这一类人
Someone driven by sound and fury.
是某个被一时冲动驱动的人
An idiot.
一个蠢货
Someone like, for example, Dustin Bishop.
比如说像达斯汀·毕肖普这样的人
There was little of interest in the captain's in-box,
警监的收件箱里没有什么可看的
so I took the time to sift through his...
所以我花时间筛查了他的
spam filter.
垃圾邮件
Now, Mr. Bishop has been sending the captain...fan letters,
毕肖普先生给警监发崇拜信
I suppose you'd call them, for quite some time now.
已经有一段时间了,应该这么称呼吧
They get more intimate with the passage of time.
这些信显得越来越亲近
More disturbing.
也越让人困扰
"Hey buddy, can I still call you buddy
哥们,我可以称呼你为哥们吗
even though you never write back?"
虽然你都没有给我回过信
"I don't know what your problem is,
我不知道你怎么了
but I know I'm getting upset."
但是我对此很烦躁
This guy sounds like a stalker.
这家伙听起来像个跟踪狂
Looks like just the sort of person to catch a bullet
看起来很像会在一场失败的非法入室中
during a botched home invasion. Don't you think?
被枪击中的那种人吧,你不觉得吗
Good morning, sir. Morning.
早上好,警官,早上好
Hello, Captain. Morning.
你好,警监,早上好
Hi, sir. Hey.
你好,警官,你好
Morning, Captain. Hello.
早上好,警监,你好
Please tell me you have some actual work to talk about.
拜托告诉我你有工作汇报
Yeah. We just heard back from Latent Prints.
是的,我们刚得到指纹检验的结果
All the prints on Cheryl's car were hers.
谢丽尔车上的指纹都是她自己的
Perp must've had gloves on.
疑犯应该戴着手套
We did get a good DNA sample from the blood,
我们的确从血液中拿到了新鲜的DNA样本
but there was no match in CODIS.
但在联调局DNA信息库中没有与其相符的
I know, not what we hoped for,
我知道,不如我们希望地顺利
but I got a detail together,
但是我安排了警员保护
and Holmes and Watson are off running down
还有福尔摩斯和华生正在做着
some Holmes-andWatson thing, so...
他们自己的调查,所以...
And I just wanted to say I'm...
我只是想说
I'm sorry about you and Cheryl.
对你和谢丽尔的事我感到抱歉
Thanks.
谢谢
What else? I caught this case,
还有别的事吗,我接管这个案子
so I have to be the one to ask-- you sure there's no way
所以这话得我来问,你确定
the separation's connected to what happened last night?
分居跟昨晚的案件毫无关联吗
Come on.
进来
It's a trial separation.
这是临时分居
It's... it's no big deal.
不是什么大事
Kids are gone from home now,
孩子们都离开家了
and everything feels a little different.
一切都似乎变了
Anyway, Cheryl wants some time alone;
总而言之,谢丽尔想要一些自己的时间
I'm giving it to her.
我就同意了
That's the whole story.
就是这样
Thanks. Okay.
谢谢,好的
And, uh, I'll let you know when we have anything, all right?
我们有消息了就告诉你,好吗
Dustin Bishop!
达斯汀·毕肖普
Would you open the door, please?
请你开门,好吗
We'd like to talk to you about your correspondence
我们想跟你谈谈你给托马森·格雷森
with Thomas Gregson.
写的那些信
You hear the water running? Yeah.
你听见流水声了吗,嗯
After you.
女士优先
He's got a gunshot wound. He's lost a lot of blood.
他有一处枪伤,严重失血
Yeah. Thanks.
好的,谢谢
So, that was the hospital.
是医院打来的
The doctors pulled a .38-caliber slug
医生从毕肖普的右肩取出了
out of Bishop's right shoulder.
一颗点38口径的子弹
He's stable, but he won't be awake for a while.
他稳定下来了,但暂时还醒不过来
Also, we should get the preliminary DNA results back soon,
我们很快就能收到DNA的初步检验报告
we'll know for sure if he's the one who broke into your house.
就可以确定他是不是闯入你家的人了
We shouldn't waste time waiting.
我们不用浪费时间等报告
The DNA won't be a match.
DNA不会相符
This guy's got my pictures all over his wall.
这个家伙在墙上贴满了我的照片
The doctors just took my wife's bullet out of his shoulder.
医生刚才从他的肩膀中取出我妻子的子弹
I don't believe it was your wife's bullet.
我不认为那是你妻子的子弹
I believe that Bishop shot himself.
我认为是毕肖普自己开的枪
Surely you noted the two handguns in the bathroom.
你应该注意到了卫生间里的两把手枪
There was a Glock 21, same as the assailant carried,
有一把格洛克21 与袭击者所持的那把相同
and then there was the .38 revolver,
然后还有一把点38口径的左轮手枪
same one used to shoot the attacker.
与用来射击袭击者的那把相同
Why would Bishop shoot himself?
为什么毕肖普要开枪打自己
Well, I think he intended to confess to a crime he didn't commit.
我觉得他打算供认一桩他没犯的罪行
Man is clearly disturbed.
这人很明显心理失常
There are antipsychotic medications in the bathroom cabinet;
浴室的柜子里有治疗精神病的药物
they haven't been refilled in quite some time.
已经有一段时间没补充新药了
Two guns, a prescription.
两把枪,一张药方
That doesn't mean Bishop didn't do it.
这不意味着毕肖普没犯罪
No, but the fact that he shot himself in the wrong shoulder does.
不,但是他开枪打错了肩膀
The blood on your wife's car was on the driver's side window,
你妻子车上的血迹在驾驶一侧的车窗玻璃上
had to have been on the left of the attacker as he fled.
他逃跑时,玻璃应该是在袭击者的左侧
Ergo, the wound was in his left shoulder.
因此,伤口是在他的左肩
Bishop shot himself in the right shoulder.
毕肖普开枪打了自己的右肩
It's the lab.
实验室来的
Blood's not a match.
血样不符
It's wrong type.
不是这个人
Look, I know it's frustrating,
听着,我知道这令人失望
but whoever broke into your house knows we're looking for him,
不过闯入你房子的人知道我们在找他
he knows we got a protective detail on Cheryl, on you.
他知道我们在保护你和谢丽尔
He's not getting violent again.
他不会再付诸于暴力
Name is Sam Clennon.
这人叫山姆·克莱农
According to the evidence, you two have a friend in common.
从证据来看,你们两个有一个共同的朋友
I've never seen this guy before.
我之前从没见过这个人
Never even heard his name.
从没听说过他的名字
Are you sure he was killed by the same man
你确定杀他的人
that threatened Mrs. Gregson?
和威胁格雷森夫人的是同一个人吗
Sure? No.
不确定
But a security camera outside Mr. Clennon's building
但克莱农家外的监控摄像头
caught this around 10:30 last night.
昨晚十点半左右拍到了这段视频
I already showed this to Cheryl.
我给谢丽尔看过了
She's pretty positive it's the same guy.
她很确定就是这个人
And Clennon was shot with a Glock 21,
杀死克莱农的是一支格洛克21式
just like the gun she described.
跟谢丽尔描述的一样
Now, if this is our guy, and I'm thinking it is,
如果就是那家伙,我想
got to figure this is what he had in store for you the other night.
那天晚上等着你的会是这个下场
Obviously, last night wasn't the first time
显然昨晚不是凶手
someone tried to kill Mr. Clennon.
第一次想杀克莱农先生
No, he's ex-mil... Military, yeah.
不,他以前是... 是啊,军人
Shrapnel wounds are a bit of a giveaway.
能从他的弹片伤上看出来
As is the sun damage to his hands and face. Afghanistan?
还有面部和双手的晒伤,是在阿富汗吗
He was between tours. Got back a few weeks ago.
他在派驻休假期,几周前刚回来
There's an old bullet wound here.
这里有个旧枪伤
More intrigued by the stab wound.
我对那个刺伤更有兴趣
Most injuries sustained by soldiers in the Middle East
中东的军人身上大部分伤痕都是
are from IED blasts or gunshots.
炸弹炸伤或是枪伤
This man has managed to get himself stabbed.
他却有个被刺伤的伤口
Almost quaint.
真不可思议
You're sure you've never seen this guy before?
你确定从没见过他吗
Never. I'm not sure I trust that answer.
从没有,我不太信任这个答案
Trust it. Oh, I'm just saying it's possible
相信我,我的意思是
there's a connection between Mr. Clennon and you,
你和克莱农先生之间一定有关联
and you don't remember.
只是你不记得了
This man's death, although unfortunate,
这人的死,虽说很不幸
must be viewed as progress.
但的确也算进展
We now know the killer has an agenda which is not limited to you.
我们现在知道凶手的目标不止你一个
Watson and I will continue to pore over your case files.
我和华生会继续翻查你的案件卷宗
If we can find a connection, maybe we can find the culprit.
如果能找到联系,也许就能找到凶手
Gentlemen.
再见,先生们
We done here?
这边没事了吧
One more thing.
还有一件事
A dog walker in your neighborhood
你小区里有个遛狗的人
called the precinct a little while ago,
刚刚给警局提供了线索
said she'd seen the same light blue pickup truck
说是上周至少两次看见
parked in front of your house on at least two occasions last week.
同一辆浅蓝色敞篷卡车停在你家门前
Light blue?
浅蓝色
No.
不清楚
Oh, Detective Basken.
巴思肯警探
I just wanted to let you know that it's gonna take me
我想跟你说一声,因为格雷森警监的案件
a few more days before I can dig into those files,
我可能得晚几天
what with everything happening with Captain Gregson.
才能详查你那些文件了
Okay.
好吧
Uh, Holmes didn't talk to you?
福尔摩斯没跟你说吗
You solved the case that Basken gave me?
你破了巴思肯给我的案子
What's a Basken?
巴思肯是什么东西
Detective Basken.
巴思肯警探
He asked me to look into a string of robberies.
他让我查一系列盗窃案
I brought the files home with me yesterday.
我昨天把文件都带回家了
Oh, yes. That Basken.
哦对,那个巴思肯
I refer to most of the detectives here as "Not Bell".
我把这里大部分警探都称为"不是贝尔"
He just told me that you e-mailed him last night
他刚告诉我,你昨晚给他发了
with the rap sheet of a guy that you thought
一份前科档案,你认为就是这个人
was robbing food vendors in the West Village.
盗窃了西格林威治的食品摊
Basken just picked him up an hour ago, and he confessed.
巴思肯一小时前逮捕了他,他认罪了
I was up late last night ruminating the captain's case.
我昨晚一直没睡,在思考警监的案子
The files you're talking about were in the study,
你带回来的文件就在书房里
and I needed a palate cleanser.
而我刚好需要换换口味
A palate cleanser?
换换口味
The solution presented itself rather quickly.
我很快就弄明白了案情真相
Was I supposed to keep it to myself?
难道还要秘而不宣吗
It was my case.
这是我的案子
In point of fact, Watson, it was Detective Basken's case.
华生,事实上这是巴思肯警探的案子
You were merely consulting. As was I.
你只是个顾问,跟我一样
I didn't ask you to look into it.
我没让你查这案子
Nor did you ask me not to. No, I...
你也没不让... 不,我...
We live together, we work together, Watson.
我们住在一起,一起工作,华生
When it comes to cases,
办案的时候
there is no "his" or "hers"; there is partnership.
没有你的或我的案子之分,我们是合作
I assist you, you assist me.
我帮你,你帮我
What matters is the result. Or do you disagree?
重要的是结果,你不同意吗
It's not about disagreeing...
这不是同不同意的问题...
Hey, I just got the contact info for Sam Clennon's mom.
我刚查到了山姆·克莱农妈妈的联系方式
Thought you might want to come with me
你们要不要一起去
to make the next of kin notification,
给她通知她儿子的死讯
see if she can point us toward anyone
看看她能否告诉我们
who had a problem with her son.
谁跟她儿子有怨仇
Unless you're in the middle of something.
如果你们在忙就算了
No.
没有
We're good.
我们没事
Hey, guys.
伙计们
Hot coffee.
热咖啡
I didn't realize you'd be stopping by today.
没想到你今天会来
Is everything okay?
没什么事吧
Mind if we talk inside?
能进屋谈谈吗
Sure.
好
Mikey put on some weight, huh?
麦基胖了吧
He was so skinny back when he was a uni.
他做警员的时候还骨瘦如柴呢
I could've stirred my coffee with him.
我都能用他搅拌咖啡了
Have you seen Steven Accorsi lately?
你最近见过史蒂文·阿科西吗
Bell told me someone saw a light blue pickup
贝尔说有人见到一辆浅蓝色敞篷皮卡
parked in front of our house a few times.
好几次停在我们家门前
And I was thinking, "Hey, wait a minute.
我就想,等等
I know someone with a light blue pickup."
我认识一个有浅蓝色皮卡的人啊
He's a friend. Always has been.
他只是朋友,一直都只是朋友
A friend...
朋友
who's suddenly in the habit
一个忽然有了把车停在
of parking in front of our house.
我们家门前的习惯的朋友
He came here twice. The first time,
他只来过两次,第一次
I just needed some help moving some furniture.
是因为我需要人帮忙搬家具
And the second?
第二次呢
I made him dinner.
我请他来家里吃晚餐
Nothing happened.
什么都没有
Nothing is going to happen. Steven knows that.
什么也不会发生,史蒂文明白的
Yeah, well, maybe he's not the person
是啊,可能他不是那个
I'm having a real problem with right now.
我现在真正需要担心的人
I'm sorry.
不好意思
Do you not know the definition of the word "separated"?
你知道"分居"是什么意思吗
I can have dinner with whoever I want.
我想和谁吃晚饭就能和谁一起
You said all you needed was some time.
你之前说你只是需要一点时间
Well, were you under the impression that I was just going
你觉得我会像一个修道士一样
to be meditating here like a monk?
在这里冥想吗
You never said anything about seeing other people.
你从没提过有和别人见面
I said that I wasn't happy.
我说过我不开心
I suppose I should just, uh,
那我是不是也应该出去
go out and pick up some...
到酒吧里找几个
floozy at a bar.
一夜情对象
You want to? Be my guest.
你想的话,随意吧
What I want...
我想要的
is to be with my wife.
是跟我妻子在一起
Now?
现在才想起来
After 28 years of missed dinners and weekends at the precinct?
28年来你都致力工作,多少次不回家吃晚饭过周末
Come on.
拜托
When did I ever tell you I wanted to be anything but a cop?
我跟你说过当警察是我人生的唯一理想
When did I tell you that I was always gonna be okay with that?
我也说过我并不十分喜欢这样
He made it through three tours in Afghanistan.
他被派驻到阿富汗三次
He comes back here, where he's supposed to be safe,
回到这里,应该是安全的
and gets killed in his own home.
但却在自己的家被杀死了
Mrs. Clennon,
克莱诺恩夫人
we think what happened to your son
我们认为你儿子的遇害
may be connected to a break-in at the home
可能跟前几晚一起非法闯入
of a New York Police Captain the other night.
纽约一名警监家的案子有关
Does the name Thomas Gregson mean anything to you?
托马斯·格雷森这个名字你听说过吗
No.
没有
Sam never mentioned him before?
山姆从没提过这个人吗
Never.
从没有
Can you think of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Sam?
你能想起有谁想要伤害山姆吗
No.
不能
Everybody liked him.
所有人都喜欢他
Not everyone, obviously.
很明显,不是所有人
There was his killer, of course,
凶手显然不喜欢他
but also the person who stabbed him.
刺伤他的人也不喜欢他
You know about that?
你知道那事
Well, I noticed the mark this morning.
今天早上我注意到了伤疤
I-I said to my colleagues that I thought
我跟我的同事说那伤疤
it might not be due to his military service.
应该跟他在部队服役没关系
Would that be correct?
我说得对吗
Well, yes and no.
也对也不对
During Sam's last tour, there was this...
在山姆最后一次派驻时
guy who was having trouble adjusting.
有个战友没法适应
Sam knew how hard deployment could be, wanted to help, but...
山姆知道派遣部队的艰难,他想帮他
this guy...
但这个人
Jacob, he was too far gone.
雅各布,他没法恢复
He snapped one day.
他有一天突然崩溃了
He came at Sam with a knife.
拿着一把刀奔着山姆去了
Do you remember Jacob's last name?
你还记得雅各布姓什么吗
Esparza.
埃斯帕萨
Okay, I'll reach out to the Army,
好的,我会跟部队联系
see if we can get some current contact info on Mr. Esparza.
看看能否在现役军人里找到埃斯帕萨的信息
You could try Lieutenant Monroe.
你可以去找门罗中尉
Monroe?
门罗
James.
詹姆斯
He was Sam's commanding officer in Afghanistan.
他是山姆在阿富汗的指挥官
He lives here in New York.
他住在纽约
The fifth President.
那个和第五任总统重名的人
We talked to him outside the captain's house the other night.
那晚我们跟他在警监的家外谈过话
I remember. Buzz cut. Tattoo on his arm.
我记得他,平头,胳膊上有纹身
Did you get a house number?
你知道他家电话吗
What?
怎么了
Captain, your assistant said you'd gone to see your wife.
警监,你的助理说你去看你妻子了
Are you still there?
你还在那吗
I'm just leaving. Why?
正准备离开,怎么了
Your neighbor, James Monroe,
你的邻居,詹姆斯·门罗
you need to take your wife's protective detail, go to his house.
你带上保护你妻子的警员,马上去他家
What? Why?
什么,为什么
We now know the connection between you
我们现在已经知道了你跟第二个受害者
and the second victim, Sam Clennon.
山姆·克莱农之间的关系了
Or, rather, we know that there is no connection.
或者应该说,你们根本没有联系
The killer wasn't after you.
凶手不是要杀你
That's not what he told Cheryl.
他跟谢丽尔可不是这么说的
No, he-he told her he was after her husband.
的确,他说是要找她的丈夫
Never mentioned you by name.
但没说她丈夫是谁
O'Malley, Grell, I need you with me.
奥马利,格雷尔,你们俩跟我来
Sam Clennon served under
山姆·克莱农在阿富汗的时候
James Monroe in Afghanistan.
是詹姆斯·门罗的手下
They knew each other.
他们早就认识
More importantly, if you enter
更重要的是,如果你使用
Monroe's address into "Maps Earth,"
地图定位查找门罗的住址
a picture of your house comes up.
显示的是你家房子的地址
It's quite common, apparently.
当然,这很常见
Although instead of receiving something as mundane
然而与大多数情况不同的是
as a pizza ordered by your neighbor...
你不是误收邻居订的披萨
I got the guy that was coming to kill him.
而是一个要谋杀他的人
We need to locate Lieutenant Monroe
我们必须在凶手发现找错人之前
before the killer realizes his mistake.
先找到门罗中尉
James, it's Tommy Gregson.
詹姆斯,我是汤米·格雷森
I need to speak with you.
我要跟你谈谈
You home?
你在家吗
It's important.
这很重要
The M.E. thought he was killed last night,
法医鉴定他是昨晚被杀的
just a few hours after Sam Clennon.
就在山姆·克莱农被杀后几小时
No prints or DNA found at the scene,
现场没有发现指纹或DNA
but those casings were from a Glock 21.
但那些弹壳是格洛克21式手枪的
So you were right.
你推断得没错
This was the work of our guy.
是我们要找的凶手所为
Yeah, looks that way.
看起来是的
Now, the good news is, we think we've identified a suspect.
好消息是我们已经知道了一个疑犯
Name is Jacob Esparza.
雅各布·埃斯帕萨
He served under James Monroe in Afghanistan.
在阿富汗服役时他在詹姆斯·门罗手下
So did Sam Clennon.
山姆·克莱农也是
Height and weight would be in line with Cheryl's description.
身高体重跟谢丽尔的描述大致相符
Clennon's mother told us he was attacked by Esparza
克莱农的母亲告诉我们
in their barracks about a year ago.
一年前他儿子在军营曾被埃斯帕萨袭击
Clennon took a knife to the gut.
克莱农的腹部被刀刺伤
Now, the incident report that Lieutenant Monroe wrote up
门罗中尉撰写的事故报告
pretty much sealed Esparza's fate.
决定了埃斯帕萨的命运
But Esparza says it was trumped up,
但埃斯帕萨说报告内容是捏造的
and that Monroe and Clennon had it in for him for months.
门罗和克莱农为此记恨了他很久
Also, given the fact that he dropped out of high school
鉴于埃斯帕萨高中就退学
and he barely passed his GED,
勉强才拿到高中同等学历证书的事实
makes him something less than a Rhodes scholar,
他明显不是聪明人
which makes it less surprising
那么他闯错房子
that he broke into the wrong house.
也就不足为奇了
Hmm. Sorry.
抱歉
It's Crawford and Gleason.
是克劳福德和格里森
They just picked up Esparza at his residence.
他们在埃斯帕萨住处刚抓到他
Hey, I know I still can't take point,
我知道我不能参与审问
but let me know when they get here.
但他们到了通知我一下
All right.
好
You need something?
你还有事吗
You, uh... you glanced at me.
你,你瞥了我一眼
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
You glanced at me twice earlier on.
之前你瞥眼看了我两次
Yeah, I do that sometimes
对,如果有人站在我正前方
when someone's standing right in front of me.
我偶尔会那么做
Yeah, but your glances were furtive.
但你瞥我时鬼鬼祟祟的
I was thinking about asking you something
我在想等这案子结束的时候
after all this is over,
请你帮我做件事
and then I realized how crazy it was,
然后我意识到这件事太疯狂了
so I decided to keep it to myself.
所以我还是决定不说了
You know, people can do that.
有时人会反复
Is it something about your wife?
是跟你妻子有关吗
I found out today that she's seen this guy
我今天发现她和一个青梅竹马
that she grew up with a couple of times.
约会了几次
"A friend."
所谓的"朋友"
He's a contractor.
他是个建筑承包商
He did some work on our house over the years.
这几年他在我们家做了几单工程
So you were thinking of asking me to investigate him?
你是想让我去调查他
I was thinking about, and then I reconsidered,
只是想想,然后我决定还是不了
because like I said, it was a crazy...
就像我说的,这样太疯...
Anyway, it's... it's probably too late.
不管怎样,可能已经太迟了
She and I... talked.
她跟我谈过了
I don't think it's gonna work out.
我觉得我俩已经没戏了
If you should need someone to talk to, then,
如果你需要和别人谈谈
please know I'll, uh...
我会...
I'll make Watson available to you.
我会把华生借给你
You see something funny, Jacob?
你觉得很好笑吗,雅各布
Just thinking.
我是在想
Even dead, these guys are still managing to mess with me.
这两人都死了还能给我找麻烦
So you admit you weren't a fan.
那你是承认跟他们不和
No.
对
You, Jacob, are what we in law enforcement call
你,雅各布,就是我们执法部门俗称的
a "Cool Customer."
"冷酷的家伙"(难缠的人)
It's not exactly what I expected
看了你在军队的记录
given your, uh, military record.
我没想到你是这样的人
Yeah, probably 'cause you believed all that crap
那是因为你们相信了那些
about me cracking up, right?
说我如何堕落的屁话,对吧
There some other reason you stabbed Sam Clennon?
你用刀刺伤山姆·克莱农另有原因吗
I proposed to my girl right before I left for Afghanistan.
我在去阿富汗前向我女朋友求婚了
Three months into my deployment,
在我入伍三个月之后
I find out she's shacked up with my best friend.
我发现她在跟我最好的朋友厮混
Weren't married yet, but it still felt like adultery.
虽然还没结婚,但我觉得就是私通
So, when I found out that one of the guys from my unit was
所以当我发现部队里有个人
hooking up with a girl who I knew had a husband
和一个丈夫在国内的女人厮混
back in the States, I took that real seriously.
我觉得这很严重
You saying you stabbed Clennon because he was having an affair?
你是说你刺伤克莱农是因为他有外遇
I called him out because he was having an affair.
我本想为此把他叫出来谈谈
He got physical.
然后他动手了
I was just defending myself.
我只是正当防卫
That's not how this murdered man
但这个死者
described the incident in his report.
在报告中可不是这么写的
Course he didn't,
他当然会那样写
'cause Clennon was the lieutenant's boy.
因为克莱农是他的人
They were tight.
他们关系很铁
Can you account for your whereabouts the last two nights
你能描述一下过去两晚八点到
between the hours of 8:00 and 11:00 p.m.?
十一点间你的行踪吗
I was home.
我在家
Can anyone verify that?
有人能证实这一点吗
Nah. If we were to ask you to take off your shirt,
没有,如果我们要你脱掉衬衫
would we find any fresh bullet wounds?
会不会发现你身上有新的枪伤呢
I look shot to you?
我看上去像中弹了的样子吗
The individual we're looking for got winged the other night.
我们寻找的人那晚肩膀中枪了
You don't have a wound,
如果你没有伤痕
you don't have anything to worry about.
你就没什么可担心的了
Guess I got nothing to worry about.
看来我没什么可担心的
You're conscious. Excellent. We're going to Queens.
你醒了,太好了,我们要去皇后区
Why are we going to Queens?
为什么去那里
To visit the home wrecked
当然是去拜访被第三者
by home-wrecker Sam Clennon, of course.
山姆·克莱农破坏的家庭
Jacob Esparza gave us the name of the woman
雅各布·埃斯帕萨告诉了我们在阿富汗
that Clennon was sleeping with in Afghanistan.
和克莱农出轨的那女人的名字
Elizabeth Roney. Looked into her.
伊丽莎白·萝妮,我调查了她
Turns out, not a fellow soldier, but an archaeologist
发现她不是士兵,而是位考古学家
overseeing the excavation of artifacts from a Buddhist temple.
监督一座佛寺的文物挖掘工作
I'd say that her husband had motive
我认为她丈夫有杀害克莱农的动机
to want Clennon dead. Wouldn't you?
你不觉得吗
Yeah, but why kill Lieutenant Monroe, as well?
有可能,但为什么连门罗中尉也杀了
As I said the other day, Watson,
华生,我之前就说过
monogamy is not a natural state.
一夫一妻制不是种自然状态
In Dr. Roney's case, perhaps one affair was not enough.
萝妮博士的出轨对象也许不止一个
Oh, I'm really sorry.
非常抱歉
She's, uh,
这只狗
sort of a man-hater.
它不喜欢男人
Goes crazy every time some guy walks past the yard.
每次有男人经过院子,它都会狂吠
We weren't walking past, actually.
事实上,我们并不是经过这里
We were walking in.
我们准备进去
Elizabeth Roney?
你是伊丽莎白·萝妮吗
Yeah. Beth.
是的,叫我贝丝
Can I help you?
我能帮你什么吗
I'm sorry.
不好意思
This is just a lot to take in.
这些消息一时让我难以消化
Sam and I weren't together very long, but still,
山姆和我并没有在一起很久
it's-it's hard to believe he's gone.
但还是很难相信他去世了
I'm surprised you didn't hear about what happened on the news.
我很惊讶你都没从新闻上听到这些
I've been overseeing a dig in Kabul the last few days.
这几天我都忙着监督喀布尔的挖掘工作
Um, ordinarily, I'd be on site,
通常我会在现场
but when teaching opportunities pop up here in New York,
但当纽约这边有教书的机会时
I take advantage of the technology.
我就利用高科技进行远程监控
These, um... are eight and a half hours ahead,
那边比这边早8个半小时
so I've been keeping odd hours,
所以我最近作息时间很混乱
pulling a lot of all-nighters.
经常通宵工作
Is your hus...
你丈夫
Gotham!
戈森
Sorry. Like I said, problems with men.
抱歉,如我所说,它不喜欢男人
Hmm. Is your husband around?
你丈夫在家吗
We'd like to speak with him, as well.
我们还想和他谈谈
Why would you want to talk to Cameron?
你们为什么要和卡梅隆谈
Sam Clennon, the man that you had an affair with
山姆·克莱农,也就是在阿富汗
in Afghanistan, was found dead, murdered
跟你出轨的男人,两晚前
in his home two nights ago.
在家中被杀害
If you were me, wouldn't you want to speak with your husband?
如果你是我,不会想和你丈夫谈谈吗
Okay, there's been some confusion.
这里有些误会
Yes, Sam and I were involved, but it wasn't an affair.
我和山姆有过一段感情,但不是出轨
Not by a long shot.
绝对不是出轨
What do you mean?
这是什么意思
When we met, I was excavating a site
我们相遇时,我正在阿富汗挖掘
in Afghanistan called Mes Aynak.
梅斯·阿亚纳克庙
Sam's unit was assigned as a security detail.
山姆的部队被派来负责安全工作
Before I left the states, Cameron and I were already
离开美国前,我和卡梅隆
halfway through divorce proceedings.
就已经在处理离婚问题了
Yeah, technically, we were married,
虽然我们名义上还是夫妻
but we weren't a couple.
但已经不在一起了
Cameron moved to Arizona to be with his new girlfriend,
卡梅隆搬去亚利桑那和新女友住
and I went to Mes Aynak.
我去了梅斯·阿亚纳克庙
Now that I'm back, I'm even mailing him
现在我回来了,我还在给他
some of his old stuff.
邮寄一些他的旧物
Were you ever romantically involved
那你和詹姆斯·门罗中尉
with Lieutenant James Monroe?
有过关系吗
No.
没有
Why would you ask me that?
你为什么问我这个问题
Look, I wish I could tell you Cameron was
听着,我很想告诉你们卡梅隆
some nut or bad person, but he wasn't.
是个疯子或坏蛋,但他不是
Even if he knew about Sam-- which he didn't--
即使他知道山姆的事,他也不会伤害他
he would not have hurt him.
更何况他根本不知道这件事
I found the case file that Detective Basken gave me
我在房间门口发现了巴斯肯警探
right outside my room.
给我的案件资料
I put it there.
是我放在那里的
Any particular reason?
有什么特别的原因吗
You seemed miffed that I'd solved it.
我解决了案子,你似乎有点生气
I thought, for your own training,
出于对你训练的考虑
you might want to review the file,
我想你可能想回顾这些资料
see if the answer presents itself.
看看能不能找到答案
I don't want to solve it now.
我现在不想解决这案子了
I wanted to solve it when it was unsolved.
我想在它还没被破解之前解决它
And I was only miffed because I didn't have
而我不开心的原因是
a chance to... to figure it out on my own.
我没能得到独立解决案子的机会
As I explained, the essence of our arrangement is partnership.
如我解释的,我们俩本质上是搭档
Partnership implies equality.
搭档意味着平等
I'm good at this. We both know that.
我擅长这事,你我都知道
You've been solving cases since you were a kid.
你还是个孩子的时候就开始破案
I've got some catching up to do.
我得追赶好一阵子呢
It takes, what, 10,000 hours to master a skill?
要一万小时才能精通一门技艺
This file was an opportunity for me to put some time in.
这份资料本可以给我机会练习
Now it's not. Okay, I don't want busywork,
现在没有了,好吧,我不想忙活
thank you very much. I want to be useful.
谢谢你,我只想更有用一点
But you're meditating, apparently.
但显然你正在冥想
I'm learning everything I can about Mes Aynak.
我在尽力了解关于梅斯·阿亚纳克庙的一切
Oh, that's the site where Beth Roney worked
那里是贝丝·萝妮跟两个受害者
with those two victims, right?
一起工作的地方,对吗
Jacob Esparza was stationed there, too.
雅各布·埃斯帕萨也驻扎在那里
It seems to be a crossroads in this particular puzzle.
看来它是这个谜题的交叉口
Fascinating place.
奇妙的地方
The remains of several ancient Buddhist settlements
古代佛教聚居地的遗址
sit atop the world's second largest copper deposit.
坐落在世界第二大的铜矿床上
Six years ago, a Chinese company was granted a lease
六年前,一个中国公司获准
to mine the copper, but they can only do so
开采铜矿,但前提是他们必须
once the site is razed.
先把这地方夷为平地
They're just going to destroy it?
他们就打算把那地方毁了吗
Well, they would if they had their way.
如果可以他们会的
But the plans incurred quite a bit of negative press,
但是这个计划产生了很多负面压力
in response to which the Afghan government set up a rapid excavation.
为应对压力,阿富汗政府进行了快速发掘
The mining is currently on hold until 2014.
2014年之前矿山会处于停产状态
Anything which is not carefully removed before then
在那之前没有被妥善搬走的东西
will be lost forever.
将不复存在
But they're beautiful.
但他们多美啊
Not beautiful enough, apparently,
显然还没有美到
to delay access to the world's
能够阻止开发
second largest copper deposit.
世界第二大铜矿的地步
James Monroe and Sam Clennon
詹姆斯·门罗和山姆·克莱农
were part of the unit which was assigned
是在发掘地进行保护工作的
to provide security for the dig,
部队成员
a hastily-assembled excavation of priceless artifacts.
这个匆促建成的队伍来挖掘无价之宝
Corners were cut.
难免顺手牵羊
You think they stole from the site?
你认为他们从发掘地偷窃
I'm casting about for motive
我试着列举动机
where it's proven difficult to come by.
却很难想到
Was anything reported stolen? No.
有什么东西被报告失窃吗,没有
Which could mean
也许正说明
that the robbery was a phenomenal success.
盗窃行为相当成功
Or that it never happened.
或者根本没有发生过
Watson, you attempted to work through the night.
华生,你打算要通宵工作
Excellent. Hmm. Did you sleep?
很好,你睡觉了吗
In brief intervals.
间断地眯了一下
Tea, Tibetan fried bread.
茶,藏式炸面包
And the answer we're looking for.
还有我们寻找的答案
What is this?
这是什么
It is a list of every artifact
这是目前为止梅斯·阿亚纳克庙
catalogued at Mes Aynak thus far.
登记的所有文物
The site contains nine different temples.
这个地方包括九间不同的庙
They've excavated seven.
他们已经发掘了七间
In each of those temples,
在每一间庙里
they have found a carved votive bowl
他们都发现了一个佛教寺庙中
common to Buddhist temples.
很常见的雕花祈愿钵
Unique to copper-rich Mes Aynak,
梅斯·阿亚纳克庙与众不同之处在于
the bowls are adorned with green copper ornamentation.
由于盛产铜矿,这些钵都有青铜装饰
Hmm. Interesting.
有意思
Not the answer I was looking for, but interesting.
不是我想找的答案,但挺有意思
They have found a bowl in each of the temples
他们在发掘的每一间庙里都发现了一个钵
they've excavated, except for the last one.
除了最后一间
The one overseen by Monroe and Clennon.
门罗和克莱农监管的那间
In that dig, there's no bowl.
在那次发掘中,没有发现钵
It was thought lost to plunder or time or shelling,
大家认为这钵毁于劫掠,时间或者风化
but I believe it was stolen.
但我认为它被偷了
Here is a picture of one of the bowls recovered at the site.
这是在发掘地发现的其中一个钵的照片
Beth Roney had a bowl just like this in her office yesterday.
昨天贝丝·萝妮家有一个很类似的钵
She was working with Monroe and Clennon.
她跟门罗和克莱农一起工作
She prevented it from being catalogued, and then she got it
她让钵免于登记,然后交于他们手中
into their hands so they could remove it from the site.
设法从发掘地偷运出去
Okay, why would she steal an artifact
那她为什么偷了文物
and then just leave it out in the open?
还要大庭广众摆出来
No one even knows it's missing.
没有人知道失窃的事
She obviously felt confident enough to hide it
她显然很有信心把它藏在
amongst other souvenirs from her excavations.
她其他的发掘纪念品中间
She isn't working alone.
她不是单打独斗
We know that a man committed the murder,
我们知道有个男人实施了谋杀
so she and her partner are simply eliminating
显然她和她的搭档正在消灭
the other profit participants.
其他的得利参与者
Eat.
吃吧
Detective Bell is procuring a search warrant.
贝尔警探正在申请搜查令
Once we've retrieved the bowl, it should be simple enough
只要我们找回钵
to compel Dr. Roney to turn on her accomplice,
那么让萝妮博士供出同伙就很简单了
and then we'll have to decide what to do
然后我们就该想想
with the rest of our afternoon.
怎么打发剩余的下午时光了
This is absurd.
这太荒谬了
I'm a scientist. I don't steal from my digs.
我是个科学家,我不会监守自盗
It was sitting right here.
之前就放在这里
We got a warrant. We'll turn this place upside down.
我们有搜查令,会把这地方搜个底朝天
I doubt they'll find anything.
我觉得他们找不到那个钵
She hid it somewhere after our visit yesterday.
她在我们昨天来过之后就把钵藏起来了
I hope not-- 'cause if she did,
希望没有,要是真藏起来了
we got nothing on her.
我们就没有指控她的证据了
We searched her place from top to bottom.
我们把她的房子翻了个底朝天
There's no trace of the bowl
还是没找到那个我们认为
we think she stole from the Afghan temple.
她从阿富汗寺庙中偷来的钵
Well, it was at her house yesterday.
昨天那钵还在她家里
Sherlock and I both saw it.
我和夏洛克都看到了
Well, Ms. Roney says they're mistaken,
萝妮女士说他们弄错了
and that she had nothing to do with the murders of Clennon or Monroe.
还说她与克莱农和门罗的案子无关
Obviously, our visit spooked her.
很明显,昨天的拜访打草惊蛇了
She must have passed the artifact off
她肯定把那个钵
to her coconspirator.
转移到同谋那里去了
We could check her cell activity,
我们可以查查她的电话记录
see which towers carried her signal.
看看是哪个发射塔传送她的信号
That way we'd have a rough idea where she went.
这样就能大概知道她的行踪
She spent all night on two videoconference calls.
她一晚上参加了两个可视电话会议
15 archaeologists on two different continents
来自两大洲的15名考古学家
confirm she wasn't away from her computer longer than five minutes.
都证明她离开电脑不超过五分钟
In all likelihood, her accomplice came to her,
很有可能是同谋来找她
removed the bowl and all other incriminating evidence.
拿走了钵和其他犯罪证据
Yeah, well, without proof, we don't have much choice.
没证据我们就没辙了
We have to let her go.
必须放了她
I'm giving up on meditation.
我要放弃冥想了
Because we haven't figured out
就因为我们还没找到
who Beth Roney's partner is yet?
贝丝·萝妮的同谋
We've only been at it for a couple of hours.
我们接手这个案子才几小时
We can't even find any suspects to evaluate.
我们连个嫌疑人都没找到
She seems to have no boyfriend, no close friends.
她好像既无男友也无闺蜜
To put a finer point on it: no friends of any sort.
再说准确一点,没有任何朋友
Her every waking hour is occupied by work.
她醒着的时间都忙于工作
Mmm, wonder what that's like.
真好奇这样的生活是怎样
Where'd that come from?
这东西从哪来的
Oh. The attic.
阁楼上
It's for you.
给你的
It is without doubt my most loathed article of furniture.
毫无疑问是我最讨厌的家具
I'm touched.
我真感动
I was thinking about what you said yesterday
我考虑了一下你昨天的那些话
about wanting to improve yourself.
你说你想要进步
I support the instinct.
我非常支持这样的想法
But when it comes to investigation,
但在调查的时候
I cannot restrict myself to your current pace.
我不能把自己局限在你的节奏上
And the trunk is gonna help me how?
那这个大箱子能帮我什么
Inside, you will find files on several cold cases.
这里面有一些悬案的文件
My cold cases.
我没有解决的案子
They are the handful of mysteries
这是在我的破案生涯中
in all of my career
极少数
which have eluded my powers of deduction.
逃过演绎法推理的谜案
So the next time you wish to hone your skills
下次你若想独自破案锻炼能力
on a solo venture, I encourage you to peruse them.
我建议你来尝试破解这些案子
I've already given them my all.
我已经尽全力了
Mmm. So there's little risk that I would arrive
所以我不太可能
at a solution before you.
在你之前找到答案
You might even succeed where I have failed.
你可能会在我失败的地方成功
Thanks.
多谢
Anyway...
对了
these are Detective Bell's canvass reports.
这是贝尔警探的调查报告
Useless.
毫无用处
None of Dr. Roney's neighbors heard or saw
在我们对她的两次拜访之间
anyone approaching her house between our two visits.
萝妮的邻居没听到或看到任何人接近她家
No one heard anything--
没有人听到异响
but her partner was there.
但她的同伙就在那里
Her partner who we know is a man.
我们知道那是个男的
You want to get your dog under control?
你不管管你的狗吗
No.
不
I don't. You're not welcome here.
我不管,你们不受欢迎
None of you are.
所有人都是
Well, you can do it,
你要不管
or Officer Dunn here can.
就让邓恩警官帮帮你
It's your choice.
自己选吧
Gotham!
戈森
Come on.
过来
So, let me guess.
让我猜猜看
You have another warrant?
你又带来一张搜查令
We do-- only this one is of the "Arrest" Variety.
的确,不过这次是逮捕令
What? We've identified
什么,我们已经认定了
the man who shot Sam Clennon and James Monroe.
射杀山姆·克莱农和詹姆斯·门罗的凶手
Your ex-husband, Cameron Hecht.
就是你前夫,卡梅隆·赫克特
We had the right man the other day,
我们找到了正确的嫌疑人
just wrong motive.
只不过弄错了动机
He didn't kill your old partners because of some tryst;
他杀你的老搭档不是因为吃醋
he killed them because he was your new partner.
而是因为他是你的新同伙
That's insane.
胡说八道
I told you, we got divorced over a year ago.
我告诉过你,我们一年前就离婚了
And then you reconciled.
但之后你们又和好了
According to him, at least.
至少他是这么说的
You talked to Cameron? At great length.
你们和卡梅隆谈过了,谈了很久
You told us he was in Arizona, but a quick check
你说他在亚利桑那
of his recent credit card activity
但查了一下他的信用卡记录后
revealed he was, in fact, in New York.
我们发现他在纽约
He had much the same look on his face
我们昨晚敲开他酒店房门时
when we knocked on his hotel room door last night.
他也是你现在这副表情
As soon as we made it clear
在我们跟他说明了
how it simple it was to compare his DNA
对比他的DNA和在警监家里
to the blood droplets he left at the captain's house,
留下的血滴是如何易如反掌后
he rolled on you. He told us about
他就把你供出来了,他跟我们说了
the bowl you stole and a few other artifacts,
你偷的钵和几件别的艺术品
how you thought you could get over a million dollars for them.
还有你想卖了它们赚一百万多美金的想法
How did we think to look for him, you ask?
你想知道我们怎么会想到要去找他
Well, you have your femi-Nazi hound to thank for that.
这都要感谢你家暴躁的母猎犬了
Your neighbors didn't recall
你的邻居们都说在我们
hearing anything unusual between our two visits,
两次造访期间没听到任何异常的动静
including the barking of your dog.
就连你家狗的叫声也没有
Curious. We know that your partner was a man,
真奇怪,我们知道你的同伙是个男人
and that he'd managed to get in and out
而他能进出你家
of your home without upsetting her.
却不惹它狂吠
So was it someone that she had grown used to over time,
那么这人是狗狗长时间以来习惯了的人
or was it someone that she'd simply never forgotten?
还是它一直难以忘怀的人呢
Beth Roney,
贝丝·萝妮
you have the right to remain silent.
你有权保持沉默
Anything you say
但你所说的话
can and will be used against you in a court of law.
将会成为呈堂证供
Come in.
请进
What's that?
那是什么
Background check on Steven Accorsi.
史蒂文·阿科西的背景调查
I never gave you his name.
我都没给你这人的名字呢
You told me that he was a contractor
你说过他是个承包商
who'd done some work on your home,
给你家做过些工程
so I looked at some building permits that had been issued...
我就翻看了些建筑许可证...
I told you I didn't want you doing anything about it.
我说过不想让你再管这件事了
Well, I wanted to help.
可我想帮忙
Aside from a few unpaid parking tickets,
除了几张没交的停车账单
your wife's suitor appears to be above board.
你老婆的追求者是个光明正大的人
Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.
如果这不是你想听到的就抱歉了
No, you keep that.
不,你留着吧
I... I don't want it.
我不想要
Hmm. Your wife is aware that you didn't like him, correct?
你老婆知道你不喜欢这人,是吧
Your feelings were... clear to her?
她明白你的这些感受吧
Only for the last 30 years, yeah.
这三十年来都很明显
Why?
怎么了
Well, it's just... interesting, out of...
只是觉得有趣
all the men she could have entertained,
有这么多人她可以约
she chose the one most likely to elicit a reaction from you.
偏偏挑了个最可能惹你不快的人
Maybe she thought I deserved it.
也许她觉得我活该
Mmm. Pictures of you around the house,
家里到处摆放着你的照片
it's odd that they're still on display. No?
都没收起来,这很奇怪不是吗
Well, we haven't told the kids about the separation yet.
我们还没跟孩子们说分居的事
She's just... keeping up appearances.
她只是做做样子罢了
You should know, Captain, I usually cheer
你该知道,警监,通常一场婚姻结束
the end of any marriage.
我会大肆庆祝
As an institution, I think it's outlasted its usefulness
作为一种制度,我觉得婚姻的
by quite a large...margin.
必要性十分有限
And yet I've come to appreciate the premise of partnership.
但我现在也开始欣赏同伴的存在
It's far more intricate than I had previously imagined.
这比我原先以为的要更加错综复杂
The very smallest gesture can speak volumes.
很小的举动都可能意义非凡
You're telling me not to give up?
你是说我不该放弃吗
I'm telling you, you should never have entered
我是说,你不该陷入
into the charade that is wedded matrimony.
婚姻生活的猜谜游戏
You had a partner.
你有一个伴侣
Perhaps you still do.
也许你还没有失去她
Who's this?
这小家伙是谁
Her name's Gotham.
它叫戈森
Her owner's gonna be away for a while.
它的主人要离开一段日子
But I got to warn you,
不过我要警告你
she's got a thing about strange men.
它对陌生男人非常有敌意
I had to give her half a roast beef sandwich
我给了它半个烤牛肉三明治
to get her in the car.
才把它弄上车
Oh, doesn't like strange men-- now I get it.
不喜欢陌生男人呀,我明白了
Hi.
你好啊
I wanted you to know that...
我想让你知道
...I understand that this separation isn't just some...
我明白这次分居不只是
waiting period.
原地等待
I put you in second position for too long.
长久以来我都忽视了你
And you deserve better.
而你值得更好的对待
So I'm gonna work to give it to you.
所以我想努力对你更好
I'm not gonna push.
我不会给你压力
You need space.
你需要空间
I respect that.
我尊重你
But I'm not gonna throw in the towel.
但是我不会就这样放弃
You take this time,
你用这段时间
do what you got to do,
处理你的情绪
and I'll take it, too.
我也一样
Figure out what I can do better.
想想我如何能做得更好
Thank you.
谢谢你
Good night, sweetheart.
晚安,宝贝