手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法 > 福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季 > 正文

福尔摩斯基本演绎法第三季(MP3+中英字幕) 第3集 引蛇出洞

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Previously on elementary...

《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
If you're looking for Sherlock, he's downstairs.
如果你想找夏洛克,他在楼下
Okay.
好的
His name is Harlan Emple.
他的名字叫哈伦·恩珀
He is the Rachel P. Hanson professor
他是哥伦比亚大学应用数学的
for applied mathematics at Columbia university.
瑞秋·P·汉森荣誉教授
What I don't get is why he isn't wearing a shirt.
我不明白的是他为什么光着上身
He doesn't like anything to come between him and the numbers.
他不喜欢任何东西挡在他和数字之间
What is it?
这是什么
The answers to your questions about kitty.
这能解答你对凯蒂的疑问
The truth is she was a victim of a horrific crime.
事实是,她曾是一件可怕罪案的受害者
After you left last night,
你昨晚离开后
Sherlock gave me an envelope.
夏洛克给了我一个信封
Sherlock keeps saying
夏洛克总是说
that I need to get a better sense of you,
我需要更加了解你
And maybe that will give you a better sense of me.
也许那些东西能让你更了解我
It's open.
门开着
It's nothing. It's Sherlock and one of his experts.
没事,就是夏洛克和一个专家
Which one?
哪个
Phillip something. Must be new.
叫菲利普什么,肯定是新人
He's a knife-thrower.
一个扔飞刀的
Why does Sherlock have a knife-thrower?
夏洛克为什么要咨询一个飞刀客
He got bored the other day,
他那天无聊了
started looking into this, uh, circus accident from the '30s.
就开始查一件三十年代的马戏团意外
The great Galardo perforated one of his assistants during an act,
着名的加拉多在表演中在他助手身上穿了洞
except Sherlock thinks the blade was thrown
但是夏洛克觉得是有人从观众席
by somebody in the stands, not Galardo.
扔了飞刀,而非加拉多
Phillip, as far as I can tell, disagrees.
但目前看来,菲利普并不同意这一看法
It can't be done, okay?
这是不可能的任务,好吗
It was done.
已经变成了现实
You're wrong.
你错了
Nobody can chuck a knife that far.
没有人能把刀扔那么远
What's this?
她是谁
You're...
你是...
Not here. I'm not here.
不在这,我不在这
Remember that, okay?
记住这一点,好吗
Oh, yes. Heaven forfend your work
对,上天保佑你和我的合作
with me should endanger your precious day job.
一定会危害到你宝贵的正职
You throw knives?
你扔飞刀吗
You know, it was supposed to be just you here.
本来应该只有你在场的
Phillip is arguably the greatest knife-thrower in the world.
菲利普据说是世界上最好的飞刀客
Has been for decades.
几十年一直未变
Only, there's little money to be made in the impalement arts.
只不过这项飞刀手艺赚不到什么钱
So, as a youth, he turned to what you americans term "football."
所以,他年轻时就跑去玩所谓的"美式足球"了
Is this a joke?
你在说笑吗
Phillip, head and heart.
菲利普,头和心脏
Come on. Head and heart.
拜托,头和心脏
Can I go? Yeah.
我能走了吗,好
15 years he spent throwing that misshapen ball around.
十五年来他一直在扔那颗奇形怪状的球
15 years.
十五年
When I think of the acclaim he could have brought
想想他在这么久的时间里
to competitive blade slinging.
本可以在飞刀界获得多少赞誉
You're following me, Watson.
你在跟着我,华生
I don't like it.
我可不喜欢
I want you to help me with something.
我需要你的帮助
This is Chad Keswick.
这位是查德·科斯维克
He buys distressed buildings, paints, spackles,
他收购废弃建筑,涂料,填泥料
and then flips them for quick money.
之后重新翻修,大赚一笔
Who'd he kill?
他杀了谁
No one.
他没杀人
I was hired by one of his rivals to find out
我受雇于他的对手
why he's been circling this old office building
奉命查出他为什么不断巡查
in Jamaica, Queens.
皇后区牙买加区的一栋老办公楼
She wants to know why he thinks
她希望知道
the building is a good investment.
他为什么认为这栋建筑值得投资
Is there a crime in there, something worth investigating?
有发生凶案吗,有值得调查的事件吗
Well, I've been shadowing Keswick,
我最近在跟踪科斯维克
but yesterday I think he noticed me.
但在昨天,我觉得他发现我了
I want to switch up the tail.
所以我希望能换人跟他
You followed me for over a week before I noticed you.
你跟了我一个星期我才发现你
Help me out, and I'll cut you in on my fee.
帮帮我,我给你分成
I don't work for you, I work for Sherlock.
我不为你工作,我为夏洛克工作
I worked for him, too.
我也曾为他工作
And, in my experience, he was always supportive
就我的经验而言,他总是支持我们
of taking on work outside the partnership.
接受搭档关系之外的工作
Sorry, it's not my cup of tea.
抱歉,不是我的兴趣所在
Hello, Portal Ten.
你好啊,十号线索
I'm here, Belphegor.
我来了,贝尔芬格
So where is the next clue?
下一条线索在哪里
Look, for the last time, I was playing a game!
我最后说一遍,我在玩解谜游戏
Yeah, you called it a puzzle hunt.
你管它叫解谜游戏
Belphegor's prime.
贝尔芬格解谜游戏
Think Cicada 3301 or Octorine's challenge.
就像蝉3301或者奥克托莱因挑战
They're math games.
都是数学竞赛
Math-- maybe you've heard of it.
数学,也许你听说过
I've got some math for you.
我倒可以给你算一算
One dead guy plus one live guy
一个活人和一个死人
found in the same deserted factory.
在同一间废弃工厂中被发现
I was not "found" there; I am the one who called 911.
我不是"被发现" 是我报的警
I was waiting there for the police.
我在那等警察抵达
Mr. Emple,
恩珀先生
We're just trying to do our jobs, all right?
我们就是在尽本分,好吗
First officers on the scene described you
第一批抵达现场的警官
as "extremely agitated."
将你描述为"极度不安"
Well, of course I was agitated.
我当然不安了
I had just found a dead guy in mothballs!
我可刚刚发现了一个死人
And did I mention that I have not slept in almost two days?
我跟你说我已经将近两天没睡了吗
Because of the math game.
就因为这场数学竞赛
Can I borrow those?
我能借用一下吗
This...
这个
is Belphegor's prime, okay?
就是贝尔芬格素数
It's a numeric palindrome.
这是一个回文数
It's 666 bookended by 13 zeroes and then bracketed with ones.
666两边都被13个0隔开然后两边尽头各一个1
Named for the demon Belphegor who was a prince of hell.
以地狱王子贝尔芬格的名字命名
The first clue for the hunt started making the rounds
解谜的第一个线索
a few months ago.
几个月之前开始四处流传
It was a jpeg with two numbers hidden in it.
是一张隐藏有两个数字的图片
You divide those numbers by Belphegor's prime,
你用贝尔芬格质数去除这两个数
And you get the GPS coordinates for a restroom at the Bronx zoo.
你会得到布朗克斯动物园洗手间的地理坐标
You go to the restroom, you find a phone number.
你去洗手间之后,会发现一个电话号码
You send a text to the number, you get the next clue.
给这个号码发送短信,你就能获得下一个线索
Which is another math problem.
下一个线索也是数学问题
Exactly.
Only, this one is harder.
不过这个就会难一点
And that's how it works.
这就是规则
You know, but for each one that you solve,
但是你每解开一个谜题
you get a new set of GPS coordinates.
你就会获得一组地理坐标
And that means that you've completed a stage, or a portal.
就意味着你完成了一关,或者获得一个线索
And last night, I was on portal ten.
昨夜,我获得了十号线索
And...
而且...
You know what?
知道吗
I want to talk to Sherlock and Joan.
我要和夏洛克和乔恩对话
Look, Mr. Emple...
听着,恩珀先生
No, I'm sorry.
不,抱歉
I told the police down at the factory that I know them.
我昨天在工厂已经和警察说了,我认识他们
Isn't that the whole reason
所以我才会
that I was brought here to this squad?
被带来这个分队,不是吗
I-I am not saying another word until they are here.
除非他们在场,否则我什么都不说了
Harlan Emple is indeed an acquaintance.
哈伦·恩珀确实是我的一位熟人
He is, in point of fact, one of my "irregulars."
事实上,他是我的"非正规军"
One of your what?
你的什么
Irregulars.
非正规军
I'm your consultant, captain; they are mine.
我是你的顾问,他们是我的
They're a handful of experts I turn to
他们是各领域的专家
when I encounter problems which are beyond my pool of knowledge.
而我会在我的知识不能解答谜题时求助他们
Harlan is a brilliant mathematician.
哈伦是位杰出的数学家
And on the handful of occasions I have tackled a case
当我遇见
which pertained to mathematics...
与数学有关的案件时...
He helped you out.
他助你一臂之力
Well, the good news
对他来说
for him is the preliminary autopsy report just came in
好消息是在你们来之前
before you got here.
我们拿到了初步尸检报告
And the M.E. puts the time of death
法医将死亡时间
between 4:00 and 6:00 p.m. last night.
确定在昨昨天傍晚四点到六点之间
Mr. Emple was teaching a class at Columbia.
恩珀先生当时在哥大教课
So the victim is yet to be identified?
所以被害人身份未明
No I.D., no phone.
没有身份证件,没有电话
First detective on the scene liked it for a mob hit,
第一个抵达现场的警探倾向于黑帮暗杀
so while we're running the prints,
所以我们在这里对比指纹
he's showing the vic's face around OCID.
他就去找有组织犯罪情报科辨认被害人照片了
Marcus here was about to walk the scene with mr. Emple.
马库斯正准备让恩珀先生描述一下案发现场
You're here now; you might as well tag along.
现在你们来了,你们加入吧
Actually, captain, I'm quite busy today.
警监,我今天其实很忙
This is a John Doe, and we got nothing.
这是一具无名男尸,而目前我们没有任何线索
And, like you just said, you're my consultant.
就像你刚才说的,你是我的顾问
So, go consult.
所以,去问吧
Watson.
华生
Um, he's your friend.
他是你的朋友
Actually, Kitty is otherwise engaged,
实际上,凯蒂有其他任务在身
And he did actually help both of us with a case last year.
他去年确实帮我们俩破了一件案子
Did he not?
不是吗
Have I told you how good it is to see you?
我有没有告诉你我见到你有多高兴
Yes, you have. Three times.
说了,三次
Well, it is.
确实很高兴
Hey, lousy circumstances.
见面时机很糟
But, uh, hey...
但是,喂
I heard from your boss that you just, uh, got back from London.
我刚听你老板说,你才从伦敦回来
Were you working a case or...?
你是在那边查案还是...
No, I moved back there.
不,我搬回去了
You mean moved, moved?
你是说搬家的搬吗
Is there another definition?
还有别的意思吗
I was there for eight months,
我在那里待了八个月
and had a change of heart and returned to New York.
之后又改变主意回了纽约
So, you moved to london, and you didn't, uh...
所以你搬去伦敦,但你没有...
You know what? Doesn't even matter.
这些都不是事儿
The point is you're back!
重点是你回来了
Mr. Emple.
恩珀先生
Uh, duty calls.
我有活干了
Yeah.
去吧
It's interesting.
有意思
Mothballs are interesting?
樟脑球有意思吗
They were taken from that cabinet over there.
它们是从那边的柜子里取出来的
Obviously, to cover the smell of John Doe's decay.
显然是为了掩盖无名氏尸体腐烂的气味
The killer didn't bring them with him.
但它们不是凶手带来的
Perhaps leaving the body here was not part of his plan, hmm?
也许把尸体留在这里不在他计划之中
Doe was shot in the foot first and then the knee.
死者先是脚部中枪,然后是膝盖
Either those were two really bad misses or...
这两枪是因为凶手打得不准还是...
Or the killer was torturing him.
还是凶手在折磨他
This doesn't seem like anything you can't handle on your own.
这不像是你一个人没法处理的案子
So you want to tell me why you really asked me to come here?
你能告诉我你为什么要把我叫来吗
"This doesn't seem like anything you can't handle on your own."
"这不像是你一个人没法处理的案子"
That's funny.
真有趣
That's exactly what I would have said
这刚好是我在知道你找凯蒂帮忙
had I been present when you asked kitty for her assistance
进行你那庸俗的副业工作之后
with your tawdry side job.
该对你说的话
"Tawdry"?
庸俗
I wanted you to know I approve.
我想告诉你我同意了
Of what?
同意什么
Your agenda with regards to Kitty.
你对凯蒂的打算
Several days ago, I gave you her file.
几天前,我给了你她的档案
And then you show up at the Brownstone yesterday,
然后你昨天去了褐石屋
and you invite her into an investigation.
并且邀请她参与调查
Coincidence? No, I think not.
这是巧合吗,我不这么觉得
You feel for her. And now you wish to engage.
你觉得她可怜,现在你想帮她
It's not an outcome I would have predicted, no.
这不是我预期的结果
But it is one I approve of, yeah.
但我对这个结果很同意
She could learn a great deal from you,
她能从你身上学到很多
Especially with regards to how to get the most
尤其是在如何充分利用我的教导
from my tutelage.
这方面
So, I've already dispatched her to, uh, follow your Mr. Keswick.
所以我已经让她去跟踪你的科斯维克先生了
But that's not what I actually...
但那不是我真正...
Harlan!
哈伦
You came here to retrieve a phone number, did you not?
你是来这里追踪一个电话号码的,对吗
You would send a text, and then receive
你应该发一条短信,然后会收到
the next clue in the game that you were playing.
你玩的这个游戏里的下一条线索
Yeah, but I didn't find it.
对,但是我没找到
Not that I kept looking
那个死人从柜子里
after the dead guy fell out of the locker.
掉出来之后我就没再找了
Yeah, CSU didn't find any number either.
鉴证组也没有找到什么号码
Probably because it's under that paint.
也许是因为它在那片油漆下面
It's fresh.
那是新刷的
Applied in the last 24 hours.
过去二十四小时内刚刷的
Right after John Doe's murder, I'd wager.
我敢打赌就在那个无名氏死后
You don't think this was a mob hit?
你觉得这不是一起黑帮行凶案
Doe and the killer were playing the game, too.
死者和凶手也在玩那个游戏
The killer shot doe and then covered up the number
凶手杀了死者然后把号码盖上
so no one else could use it.
这样别人就看不到了
What's the prize in your little contest?
你们那个小比赛的奖金是多少
Well, I'm doing it mostly for the math.
我主要是为了数学而参加的
But, uh, $1,707,071.
但奖金是1707071美元
It's another palindromic prime.
这是另一个回文素数
Did I not mention the money at the station?
我在警察局里没提过奖金数额吗
Who the hell can afford
谁能为解谜大赛
that kind of payout for a puzzle hunt?
提供这么多奖金
Well, most people think it's CAML.
大部分人认为是CAML
The Center for Applied Mathematics and Logic.
应用数学及逻辑中心
It's located in Ramapo...
位于拉玛珀...
Wait, most people "think" it's them?
等等,大部分人"认为"是它
Well, hunts like these,
这样的比赛
the organizers are almost always anonymous.
组织者通常是匿名的
It's S.O.P.
这是标准操作手法
What about the contestants?
那参与者呢
Is anonymity also S.O.P.?
匿名也是标准操作手法吗
For the most part, yeah.
大部分人是的
But, guys, math peeps are my peeps, okay?
但数学圈可是我的圈子
It's, uh, like a community, sort of.
这有点像一个小社群
I can think of ten or 12 other people
我能想出十几个可能
who were probably competing.
跟我一同参加比赛的人
Would that help?
这能帮上忙吗
No.
I'm sorry, I don't know him.
抱歉,我不认识他
But you admit you were competing in Belphegor's Prime.
但你承认你也参加了贝尔芬格解谜大赛
I do.
是的
Pepe!
佩佩
Sorry. He doesn't like strangers.
抱歉,它不喜欢陌生人
Give him one of these.
给它一块这个
Get on his good side.
它就会喜欢你了
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I'm just verifying that you've been lying to us.
我只是在证实你在对我们说谎
You did know the dead man, did you not?
你认识死者,不是吗
I reviewed his personal effects at the morgue earlier.
我之前在停尸间检查了他的遗物
The coroner reported finding crumbs in one of his pockets.
验尸官说在他的口袋里发现了饼干屑
I tasted one.
我尝了一下
Why would you...?
你为什么会...
At first, I thought they were from
一开始,我以为它们来自于
a particularly rancid brand of cheese,
一种特殊品牌的臭奶酪
But, no... they're from one of Pepe's treats.
但不是,它们来自于佩佩的零食
Homemade?
家里自制的
Harlan was able to give us the names of nine other people
哈伦给了我们他认为在参加比赛的
he believed to be other competitors.
另外九个人的名字
Our colleagues are investigating them as we speak,
我们说话这会儿警察正在调查他们
but I'll quite happily recommend that the NYPD
但我会很高兴地建议纽约警察局
focus its attention entirely on you.
把注意力集中到你身上
His name was Ike Walaczek.
他叫艾克·沃拉泽科
In another lifetime, he was my boyfriend.
在另一个世界里,他是我的男朋友
And what of this lifetime?
那在这个世界里呢
We were working together.
我们一起合作
On Belphegor's.
参加贝尔芬格解谜大赛
What?!
什么
He was a numerical analyst at the Tory foundation.
他曾是保守党基金会的数据分析师
I work mostly in combinatorics.
我做得更多的是组合学
I thought we would make a good team.
我觉得我们会组成一个好团队
But there aren't supposed to be teams.
但不应该有团队
Not in a puzzle hunt. It's bad form.
解谜大赛里不该有,这是不对的
Harlan...
哈伦...
I'm just saying...
我只是说说...
My husband wouldn't understand,
我丈夫不会理解的
so I decided I wouldn't tell him until after we won the money.
所以我决定拿到奖金之后再告诉他
A team-- so that's how you got there before me.
组队参赛,所以你们才会赶在我前面
I wasn't there.
我没去
Tom and I were out of town until this morning.
我和汤姆今早才回城里
His cousin was getting married in Hawaii.
他的表亲在夏威夷举办婚礼
That's why Ike went to the coordinates by himself.
所以艾克一个人去了那个坐标位置
Because I couldn't.
因为我没法去
These are pictures I took.
这些是我拍的照片
Check the dates.
看看日期
You gave the police nine other names?
你给了警方另外九个名字
People you thought were competing?
你觉得会参与竞争的人
I've got 16.
我有十六个
And I know they were competing.
而且我知道他们在参赛
He talked to her outside the Jamaica Property
他在牙买加区那栋楼外面
for about 20 minutes, and then this truck rolled up.
跟她聊了二十分钟,然后这俩货车开走了
Any idea what's inside the crate?
知道那个木箱里有什么吗
Nope.
不知道
I can't identify the woman either.
我也不知道那个女人是谁
Everything about her said money though.
但她的一切都散发着钱臭
She, Keswick and the mystery box
她和科斯维克还有那个神秘的箱子
stayed inside the building for about three hours,
在楼里待了差不多三个小时
And then off they went.
然后他们就走了
Good.
很好
Okay.
好吧
You know where to send the check.
你知道把支票寄到哪
You haven't asked me about the file sherlock gave me.
你还没问过夏洛克给我的那个档案
Why would I?
我为什么要问
You said it would give me a better sense of you-- it did.
你说它会让我更了解你,确实是
That's why you asked for my help.
你就是因为这个才找我帮忙的
Because you felt sorry for me.
因为你同情我
No.
You just don't seem interested in anything
你只是看起来对除了当侦探之外的事
outside of becoming a detective.
都不感兴趣
There she is.
又来了
The old counselor.
曾经的咨询师
Who used to hold Sherlock's hand.
那个曾经握着夏洛克的手的人
Everything that you read,
你读到的那些东西
everything that happened to me, that's all it is.
发生在我身上的事情,就是既定事实
It's just something that happened.
一些陈年旧事
And it's all in the past now.
而且都已经成为了过去
So let's just leave it there, shall we?
就让我们把它留在过去吧,好吗
Hello.
You've had sex.
你刚有过性行为
Excuse me?
什么
I can hear it in your voice.
我能从你的声音里听出来
You've joined paunches.
你们有过肌肤之亲
Good for you, watson.
对你有好处,华生
As you know, I think the act of love
要知道,我觉得爱的行为
can be quite conducive to...
可能会非常有益于...
What do you want?
你想怎样
Merely to apprise you of a new development
只是通知你一项
in the murder of Ike Walaczek.
艾克·沃拉泽科谋杀案的新进展
As I informed you yesterday,
正如我昨天告诉你的
Harlan and I were given a new list of competitors.
哈伦和我收到了一份新的竞争对手名单
One name left out, Byron Lowenthal.
有个此前被忽略的名字,拜伦·洛温塔尔
He's a statistician at the public utilities commission,
他是公共事业委员会的统计员
and a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic.
也是确诊的妄想型精神分裂症患者
He's been hospitalized for becoming violent
他因至少在三个场合出现过暴力行为
on no fewer than three occasions.
进了精神病院
Certainly sounds like it could be our guy.
听起来确实像我们要找的人
Unfortunately, Mr. Lowenthal had another break earlier this year.
很不幸,洛温塔尔先生今年早些时候又发作了
He's been staying in a transient hotel ever since.
后来就一直待在一家临时旅馆里
Detective Bell and I are going to speak with him.
我和贝尔警探会去跟他聊聊
You want me to meet you?
你想让我一起去吗
Oh, no, we're already here.
不用,我们已经到了
Anyway, now that I know that you've enjoyed coitus
总之,现在我知道你享受了性交
and could enjoy more in the near future...
以后还可能享受更多...
When you're done, we need to talk.
等你们办完事,我们得谈谈
Byron Lowenthal, you in there?
拜伦·洛温塔尔,你在吗
Who is it?
谁啊
It's Detective Bell, NYPD.
我是贝尔警探,纽约警局的
My colleague and I would like to ask you some questions.
我和我的同事想问您几个问题
Let me get some pants on.
等我先穿上裤子
S-sorry, I just... I, um...
抱歉,我...
I-I thought I heard Mr. Lowenthal retr...
我以为我听到洛温塔尔先生在拿...
You guys got lucky.
你们运气真好
Well, luck had little to do with it, actually.
其实这可不关运气的事
I... I heard Mr. Lowenthal
我听到洛温塔尔先生
pulling a heavy object off a shelf, placing it on his bed,
从架子上抽出了一个很重的东西,放在了他床上
and the sound of the zipper indicated
而且拉链的声音表明
that it was a large gun case.
那是个很大的枪袋
Looks like he was sane enough to do math, but not much else.
看来他足够清醒能研究数学,但其他就不行了
Plus, he was pretty hopped up.
而且,他磕了很多药
Caffeine pills, energy drinks,
咖啡因药丸,功能饮料
pretty much every legal stimulant you can buy.
能合法买到的兴奋剂他差不多都嗑了
Plus a few illegal ones.
另外还有些非法的
Hmm. Obviously, he was keeping himself awake
显然,他在让自己保持清醒
so he could work on Belphegor's.
好让自己能专注于贝尔芬格解谜大赛
This... is obvious to you?
你一看就知道这是什么了吗
I confess the maths are beyond me,
我承认数学不是我的专长
but I took the liberty of sending pictures of what
但我擅做主张
appear to be Mr. Lowenthal's most recent scribbles
把洛温塔尔先生近期的这些涂鸦
to Harlan Emple, and he's confirmed
拍照发给了哈伦·林珀,他确认
they are part of the contest.
这些是比赛中的内容
With your permission, I'd like copies of these
你允许的话,我想把这些复印几份
sent to my home so he can review them.
发送到我家,好让他看看
What for?
为什么
If Byron Lowenthal did kill Ike Walaczek,
如果拜伦·洛温塔尔真杀了艾克·沃拉泽科
then he used and obscured a phone number,
那他肯定用过并掩盖了电话号码
which would have yielded the next problem.
于是就会产生另一个问题
That problem's solution would be GPS coordinates.
而这问题的答案就是GPS坐标
If he's recorded them in his books...
如果他在书中有记录...
Your pal will be able to tell us where he's headed next.
你的朋友就能告诉我们他接下来要去哪
I'll get our guys to give you whatever you need.
我会让我的人全力满足你们的需要
Scans are still coming through,
扫描件还在陆续传过来
But I've put what we've got so far up on the wall.
但我已经把目前有的都贴在墙上了
Sherlock said that you prefer it that way.
夏洛克说你喜欢这种方式
Picked it up from him, actually.
这其实是跟他学的
Makes me feel like I'm really inside of the problem.
能让我觉得自己真正融入到了问题之中
I'll, uh, let you know if I need anything.
有需要的话我会告诉你的
Oh, I work without a shirt.
我工作时习惯不穿上衣
Sometimes makes me feel closer to the numbers.
有时会让我觉得跟那些数字更贴近
You'll need to, uh, check the printer in the study
你记得去看看书房的打印机
for more pages.
还有资料传过来
Uh, this is nice, you know?
这样真好,你知道吗
Meeting another member of the team.
跟团队里的另一个成员见面
You know, team Sherlock.
就是,夏洛克的团队
You help him, I help him...
你帮他做事,我也帮他做事
Obviously, you haven't tackled a case
很明显,你们共事以来
with high-order math since you started working with him,
还没能用高等数学破过任何案子吧
or we would've...
不然我们...
What?
怎么了
What?
什么怎么了
Wait...
等等...
Have you worked a case with high-order math?
你们用高等数学破过案吗
You have, haven't you?
你们破过,是吧
Does it matter?
很重要吗
Of course it...
当然重...
Oh, my god.
天啊
Did he fire me?
他解雇我了吗
All I know is that back in London,
我只知道在伦敦时
we worked a case that involved Fibonacci Spirals...
我们办过一件案子,跟斐波那契螺旋线有关
He fired me.
他解雇我了
...and he called some woman named Indira Patel.
他找了一个叫英迪拉·帕特尔的女人帮忙
She's at Berkeley.
她在伯克利大学
I'm three time zones closer!
我可比她近三个时区
You're here now.
可现在你在这里
Sure, because I found a dead body.
当然,那是因为我发现了一具尸体
I have to go; I have to run some errands for Sherlock.
我得走了,我得去帮夏洛克办点事
I-I don't know what was in the crate,
我不知道木箱里装了什么
but the stenciling on the side indicates
但边缘的镂花涂装表明
It came from one of the SUNY schools.
它来自纽约州立大学的某个学院
I put another detective on Keswick, because I had to...
我派另一名警探去查科斯维克了,我得...
Don't kill me, I had to use your razor to shave.
别杀我,我不得不用你的剃刀刮胡子
I...
我...
You must be Andrew.
你一定是安德鲁了
Sherlock Holmes.
我是夏洛克·福尔摩斯
Sorry.
抱歉
Joan said you were coming; I... I forgot.
乔恩说过你要来,我忘了
It's not how I wanted to meet you.
我可没想以这种方式跟你见面
She said you can tell a lot about people
她说你只要看看别人
just by looking at them.
就能了解很多相关的事
I swear, I... usually wear pants.
我发誓,我平时是会穿裤子的
Well, in my experience,
根据我的经验
most people need only be concerned,
大多数人都不必太担心
I won't notice anything worth remarking upon.
我没看到任何值得评论的事
Watson seems adequately sexed.
华生看起来得到了充分的性满足
I was just introducing myself.
我只是自我介绍了一下
I've got that thing. I'll see you tonight.
我还有点事,今晚见
Okay.
Your home, Watson...
你的家,华生
It's utterly pleasant.
非常舒适
You say that like it's a bad thing.
你这语气好像这是什么坏事一样
When you told me you wanted a life of your own,
以前你跟我说你想要自己的生活时
I didn't realize that you meant you wanted
我没想到你的意思是
the same life everyone else has.
你想要跟其他人并无二致的生活
But at any rate, none of my business, is it?
但不管怎样,这与我无关,对吧
It's not. And I didn't ask you here
对,而且我找你来
to talk about my apartment.
不是让你评价我的公寓的
No, you asked me here to discuss Kitty.
对,你找我来是要聊凯蒂的事
If she were not the topic of conversation,
如果不是要聊她
then you wouldn't have invited me to your home,
你就没必要邀请我到你家来了
where there's no chance she'll be present.
只有在这里,她才不会跟来
She disappointed you in some way.
她在某种程度上让你失望了
Skills not up to snuff?
技巧还不熟练吗
Please remember she is a novice.
请记住,她还是个新手
Actually, she did a great job.
说实话,她已经干得很不错了
But I have some concerns.
但我有一些担心
I thought we could talk about them.
我想我们可以聊聊
You think that Kitty needs help
你觉得凯蒂需要的帮助
above and beyond my mentorship.
是我的教导提供不了的
You read the same file I did.
我看过的档案你也看了
She's a rape victim.
她是强奸案受害者
She was kept and tortured.
她被软禁,被虐待过
You know me, so surely you know
你了解我,所以你肯定知道
I've broached the subject of a support group meeting before.
我以前提过参加互助小组的事
Even offered to pay for therapy.
甚至提出帮她缴纳治疗费用
She's not interested, I know.
她没兴趣,我知道
Just as you also know
就像你也知道
someone with a problem can't be forced to get help.
不能强迫有问题的人接受帮助
They have to want it.
得他们自己有意愿才行
What Kitty wants is to be a detective.
凯蒂想要成为一名侦探
I am taking pains to try and channel
我在费尽心思试图引导她
her residual feelings into her work.
将仅存的受害者情绪投入到工作中去
Well, that works out great for you.
好吧,这办法对你很有效
You told me that you took on a partner
你告诉我你找了个搭档
because you wanted to replicate what you and I had.
是因为你想复制我和你之间的关系
That you thought it helped with your recovery.
你觉得这会有助于你的恢复
You think I would try and take advantage
你以为我会试图去利用
of the victim of a trauma?
一个受过创伤的受害者吗
Of course not, but there is a conflict of interest here.
当然不是,但这里会有些利益冲突
She needs what she needs, but you need what you need, too.
她有她的需求,你也有你的需求
It's-it's good that you're in her life now, Watson.
你现在出现在她生命中是好事,华生
I mean, it's commonly believed that, um,
我是说,人们普遍认为
a child benefits mostly from the presence of two parents.
在父母双方参与的情况下孩子受益最大
He... or she, in this case... can absorb certain qualities
他或她,在这种情况下,可以继承
from the father... clear-eyed view of the world,
父亲的很多优点,比如明智的世界观
capacity of rational thought, etcetera.
理性思维的能力,等等
They can also absorb certain qualities from the mother.
他们也可以继承母亲的许多优点
Excuse me, but I am not Kitty's mother,
不好意思,我可不是凯蒂的母亲
and she sure as hell is not our child.
她也绝不是咱俩的孩子
You brought her here; she looks up to you.
你把她带到这里,她敬重你
She says that she doesn't need help, fine.
她说她不需要帮助,没问题
but you know better.
但你该更清楚
And you're gonna have to be the one that tells her.
并且应该由你来告诉她
It's Harlan.
是哈伦
Making progress with the maths.
他在数学问题上有进展了
We thought that Byron and Ike
我们之前以为拜伦和艾克
arrived at Portal Ten simultaneously.
是同时找到十号线索的
That would've meant that they were doing all the same math
那意味着他们基本上是同时
at essentially the same time.
在思考相同的数学问题
Only, the math you found at Byron's place
但你在拜伦那儿发现的数学问题
says that's wrong.
并非如此
He was one step behind Ike.
他落后艾克一步
Are you proposing he did not kill Mr. Walaczek?
你是在说沃拉泽科先生不是他杀的吗
I don't know, but that's not the weirdest part.
我也不知道,但那还不是最奇怪的部分
Byron was obsessive.
拜伦很偏执
He time-stamped almost everything he did.
他会把自己所做的所有事都记录时间
He only solved the Portal Nine problem,
他只解开了九号线索的问题
the same problem that sent me to that old factory last night.
就是昨晚把我带到旧工厂的那个问题
But get this--
但听好了
he wasn't given the same problem as me.
他得到的问题和我的并不一样
And so it would've yielded GPS coordinates
因此这个答案会产生
for an entirely different location.
一个完全不同的坐标地点
The person in charge of the game changed the clue
在警方发现了艾克的尸体后
after the police found Ike's body.
游戏设计者修改了线索
Well, he had to, right?
他必须这么做,是吧
If he hadn't, he would be sending other competitors
如果不这样,其他参与游戏的人
to an active crime scene.
就会被他引到案发现场了
The important thing is
重点是
I figured out the coordinates
我找到了
to the second location.
第二处的坐标地点
I know where Byron went.
我知道拜伦去了哪儿
What are you doing?
你在干什么
You're saying he time-stamped everything.
你说他会记录所有事的时间
I'm looking at the time he received his clues.
我在找他收到线索的时间
It's all there, to the second, but what does that have to do...
都在这儿,精确到秒,但这有什么意义呢
What if you hadn't found a body?
要是你没有发现尸体呢
If the game had proceeded as planned,
要是游戏照常进行下去呢
what were you meant to do there?
你当时到那儿之后会怎么办
I would have sent a text to the phone number,
我会给那个电话号码发信息
the one that the killer painted over, and then I would have
就是那个凶手用油漆掩盖的号码,然后
gotten a message back with the next problem.
我会收到下一个问题的信息
There's an extra step in there.
这里多出了一个步骤
Why all this rigmarole with phone numbers and texts?
为什么还要用电话号码和信息呢
Why not just post the problem itself at the factory?
为什么不直接在工厂里留下一个问题
I don't know, it's just the way the game is played.
我不知道,游戏的规则就是这么玩的
They're for an old industrial area in Queens.
坐标是皇后区的一个工业地带
You're welcome for finding your suspect.
不用谢我帮你找到了嫌疑犯
If I'm right, Harlan, what you've found...
如果我没错的话,哈伦,你发现的
is the site of another murder.
是另一起谋杀案的现场
Byron Lowenthal's.
死者是拜伦·洛温塔尔
You were right, Lowenthal's dead.
你是对的,洛温塔尔死了
He was shot in the foot, then the knee.
他被射中脚部,然后是膝盖
Just like Ike Wallaczek.
和艾克·沃拉泽科一样
I'm, uh, gonna look over here now.
我去那边看看
Well, we think the perp was pulling the body
我们认为凶手应该是
to a car that was parked over there.
把尸体拖到了停在那边的一辆车旁
Then he just left him here.
然后就把他扔在这儿了
Probably afraid he'd been spotted.
估计是害怕有人看到他
There's a lot of homeless in the area.
这一带有很多流浪汉
Question is:
那么问题来了
how'd you know Lowenthal was the next victim
你怎么知道洛温塔尔是下一个被害人
and not the killer?
而并非凶手呢
Well, that's quite simple, really.
非常简单
The game is directing its players to remote locales,
游戏会把参与者引至偏僻的地点
and then instructing them to send a text message
然后指示他们发信息
indicating their presence.
表示自己已经抵达
I suspect the killer wanted to remove the body
我猜凶手想要移走尸体
so he could keep this new location "in play," so to speak.
以便此处能够"继续"他的游戏
Still missing the "simple" part.
我还是不明白为何"非常简单"
The late Mr. Lowenthal
已故的洛温塔尔先生
received his final clue
收到他最后的线索是在
after Harlan discovered Ike Wallaczek's body,
哈伦找到了艾克·沃拉泽科的尸体之后
but before news of the killing had reached the media.
但这是在媒体得到谋杀案的消息之前
That means the game's designer
这意味着游戏设计者
knew the location had been compromised.
知道这个地点已经暴露
And the only way that he could have known that,
他知道这件事的唯一方式
at the time that he knew it,
在消息公开前就知道
was if he, himself, was the killer.
就是他本人是凶手
Belphegor's Prime is not a treasure hunt.
贝尔芬格解谜大赛并非寻宝游戏
It's a trap.
而是一个陷阱
Better?
好点了吗
False alarm.
什么都没吐出来
But I still feel a little queasy.
但我还是觉得有点反胃
This new dead guy--
这个新的死者
your friend said that he was tortured, too, right?
你朋友说他也被折磨过,对吧
Right before the killer tried to abscond with his corpse.
就在凶手准备移走他的尸体之前
I assume he intended to take
我猜测他也准备移走
Ike Wallaczek away with him as well, only Ike was too large.
艾克·沃拉泽科的尸体,但艾克体型太大
A speedy mothballing was the best he could do.
他只好用樟脑丸将他快速封存
So, just to recap,
回顾一下
I've spent the last few months of my life
我用了几个月的时间参与的这个游戏
playing a game that was designed to kill me.
其实是设计出来谋杀我的
Got to be a metaphor in there somewhere, right?
这里面总有点隐喻吧
I think the word you're looking for is "moral."
我认为你想说的词是"寓意"
There is a moral in there: games are for idiots.
确实有个寓意,游戏都是给傻瓜玩的
Breaking news from Ramapo.
拉马波那儿传来了让人意外的消息
Kitty reports the Center for Applied Mathematics and Logic
凯蒂说应用数学和逻辑中心
is not the sponsor of Belphegor's Prime.
并非贝尔芬格解谜大赛的主办方
Then it's got to be a serial killer, right?
那肯定是一个连环杀手发起的,对吧
Someone who's obsessed with mathematicians?
一个对数学家有执念的人
Perhaps he was bullied by mathematicians as a child.
可能他小时候被数学家欺负过
Or mathematicians killed his parents.
或者数学家杀害了他的双亲
I'm being serious.
我是认真的
Serial killers who devise elaborate death traps
连环杀手精心设计出死亡陷阱
are the stuff of pulp fiction.
这是低俗小说里的桥段
And besides, with respect to these murders,
而且就这些谋杀而言
there are none of the elaborations
凶手算不上
which mark that sort of culprit.
是精心设计
If anything, I would describe the work as businesslike.
非要说的话,只能形容为有条不紊
Then it's the government.
那一定是政府干的
I mean, the-the game was some sort of test to weed out people
这个游戏是用来除掉那些
who could weaponize math.
能够将数学应用于武器中的人
The American intelligence apparatus may be clod-like,
美国的情报机构或许是很蠢
but I think they would do a better job
但我认为他们至少有能力
of disposing of two bodies, don't you?
更妥善地处理掉两具尸体,你说呢
Watson?
华生
I just heard from one of the suspects
马库斯和我昨天询问过的一个嫌疑人
Marcus and I talked to yesterday,
提供了新的线索
another puzzle-hunter.
他也参与了解谜游戏
Tell me he confessed to the murders.
告诉我他承认了谋杀
We ruled him out right away, but he heard about
我们当时很快排除了他的嫌疑,但他在新闻里
Byron Lowenthal's murder on the news and wanted me to know
听说了拜伦·洛温塔尔的谋杀,并告诉我
he's at a friend's place, some guy named Paul.
他当时在一个朋友家里,那人叫保罗
That is fascinating.
真是天大的好消息
Actually, it might be.
实际上很有可能
Paul is positive he knows who the killer is.
保罗很确信知道凶手是谁
I know the guards are a bit much,
我知道警卫安排得有点多了
but I wanted everyone to feel safe.
但我希望大家能有安全感
And, besides, math has been good to me.
而且,数学对我一直不薄
Commodities.
期货交易
So, you and your friends,
所以你和你的朋友
you were competitors in Belphegor's Prime?
都是贝尔芬格解谜大赛的参与者吗
Most of us. Some of the others are just here for the math.
大部分是,其余一些是来研究数学的
You said you could identify the killer.
你说你知道凶手是谁
I can, sort of.
差不多吧
"Mo Shellshocker."
摩·夏尔舒克
It's a pseudonym, obviously, but I'm telling you,
显然这是个假名,但我告诉你
this is the guy you're looking for.
他就是你们想要找的人
I've heard of him.
我听说过他
He uses his blog to expose bad math.
他用博客揭露用数学来作恶的人
Corrupt economists, biased pollsters, that sort of thing.
腐败的经济学家,不公正的民调专家等等
He's actually sort of a crusader.
他算是个圣骑士
He's a murderer.
他是杀人凶手
How can you be so sure?
为什么你这么肯定
When he isn't crusading, he's competing in puzzle hunts.
在惩恶扬善之余,他也参加解谜大赛
A few months ago,
几个月前
he claimed to have solved
他宣称自己连续两年
Cicada 3301 two years in a row.
解出了蝉3301的数字难题
Some people called BS, including...
但有些人并不认同,其中包括
Ike Wallaczek and Byron Lowenthal.
艾克·沃拉泽科和拜伦·洛温塔尔
"WallaCheckYourMath,"
"沃拉检查你的数学"
"ByLow2020."
"拜洛2020"
Those are their online handles.
这些是他们的网名
Their friends will confirm it.
他们的朋友会证实的
A flame war does not a murderer make.
互联网上的激烈争论并不会导致谋杀
The stuff these guys were slinging at each other was ugly.
他们之间的口舌之争非常激烈
Mo knew they were into hunts, and so he built one
"摩"知道他们肯定会参与解谜大赛,因此
that would send them to places where he could kill them.
他设计了一次大赛,把他们引过去然后杀害
That's what we're doing here is
我们现在
we're just sifting through all the math
正在筛选所有这几年
he's posted on his blog over the years,
他在博客上发表过的数学问题
to see if we could find his signature
看看能否找出任何蛛丝马迹
or something that could identify him.
帮助我们找到他的身份
If two people weren't dead, we'd probably be having fun.
要不是两个人死了,我们还算玩得挺开心的
But still, the chances that he left
但是他在数学问题中
something like that in his math...
留下他个人信息的可能性...
If it's there, we'll find it. In the meantime,
如果有的话,我们会找到的,同时
we thought the police should know
我们认为警察应该了解
who they're really dealing with.
他们所面对的敌人
I've got to go meet someone about my other case.
我得去见我另一个案子的相关人员
You're good to pass all this along to Marcus?
你可以把信息传给马库斯吧
I must say, I'm surprised you didn't offer to stay and help.
我必须得说,你不留下帮忙让我感到很吃惊
Mr. Ettinger makes a compelling case with respect
埃廷格先生认为摩·夏尔舒克
to Mo Shellshocker's viability as a suspect.
是嫌犯的说辞很有说服力
Mo is a genius.
"摩"是个天才
We're talking off the charts.
我们说的可不是一般的天才
Leibniz meets Euler meets Gauss.
莱布尼兹加上欧拉加上高斯那种
He may have an ego,
他也许有点自负
but he's not gonna kill anyone over a few comments.
但他不会因为几个评论就去杀人
So, while "The League of Concerned Mathematicians"
所以,当那个"担惊受怕数学家联盟"
chases its tail up there, I am gonna do the smart thing
在上面追查线索时,我决定做个聪明人
and get out of town.
赶紧出城去
You can let me know when it all blows over.
待一切尘埃落定,你再告诉我
You're not going anywhere, Harlan.
你哪也不能去,哈伦
Or should I call you Mo Shellshocker?
或者我该叫你摩·夏尔舒克
Did you honestly think I wouldn't recognize
你真的以为我认不出
an anagram of my own name?
自己名字的变形吗
I knew I should've gone with "Choker Hell Moss."
我就知道应该用查克·赫尔摩斯的
But I never thought that you would see it, okay?
我当初觉得你根本不会看到,好吗
Math is my thing, not yours.
数学是我的东西,不是你的
It's my name, Harlan;
那是我的名字,哈伦
that makes it my thing.
这就让它也变成我的事了
It was an homage.
那只是为了致敬
Explain.
解释一下
Every day, all over the world,
每天,世界各地
math is used to trick people.
数学都被用来糊弄他人
Data dredging to sell pharmaceuticals.
数据挖掘帮助卖药
Publication bias to justify wars.
通胀偏差用来给战争正名
In the wrong hands, math can be manipulated, abused.
在错误的人手中,数学用来操纵欺压
And I decided to do something about it.
而我决定对此做点什么
You catch people who murder other people.
你抓那些谋杀别人的人
I catch people who murder math.
我抓那些谋害数学的人
According to this, Mo is a wanted man.
根据这上边说的,"摩"是个通缉犯
Harlan?
哈伦
The D.O.D. was working on a new fighter.
国防部正在研发一款新战斗机
Only, I knew that the performance stats were bogus.
但是我知道它的性能统计是假的
A friend of mine found the internal numbers,
我的一个朋友找到了内部数据
and I sort of published them.
我就把它们给发布了
So you put classified Department of Defense documents
你把国防部的机密文件
on the internet.
放到了网上
Isn't that what you would have done?
你不也会做同样的事吗
Fine! I screwed up, okay?
好吧,我搞砸了,行吗
But, hey, that's what I do, right? I screw up.
这不就是我的特点吗,搞砸事情
If I didn't, then probably you wouldn't have secretly fired me.
如果我没有,你也不会偷偷开除我
Excuse me?
什么
I know about Indira Patel!
我知道英迪拉·帕特尔的事了
I know you replaced me.
我知道你找人替代了我
Kitty, I think we could use some tea.
凯蒂,我们想喝点茶
Just tell me.
请告诉我
Tell me what math I got wrong.
告诉我,我哪里算错了
Tell me why you didn't let me make it up to you.
告诉我,为什么你不让我补偿你
It wasn't the maths, it was you.
跟数学无关,是你的问题
Your work was impeccable.
你的工作完美无瑕
And for the most part, I enjoyed our collaborations.
并且大部分时间,我喜欢和你合作
B-But over time, you just... you became quite... needy.
但是时间久了,你就变得欲求不满
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
Y-You asked my advice on-on social matters,
你询问我关于社交方面的建议
and you even invited me to a party.
甚至还邀请我去参加派对
You were my friend.
你是我的朋友
I was your employer, Harlan.
我是你的雇主,哈伦
A-and you were my consultant.
你是我的顾问
One of many.
其中之一
I know that I'm a little obsessed with what I do.
我知道我有点过度沉迷于我的工作
That has always made it hard to make friends.
这让我总是很难交到朋友
And I used to feel pretty bad about that,
而之前我一直为此感到难过
and then I met you.
直到我遇到了你
And I thought to myself,
我对自己说
hey, if it doesn't bother him, why should I let it bother me?
如果他都不烦恼这事,我为什么要烦呢
I got a lot out of the work that we did.
我们一起工作让我收获了很多
A lot.
非常多
But if someone like you thinks that I'm a loser, then...
但如果连你都认为我是个失败者,那...
Hey, are we still doing this?
我们还在继续吗
Doing what?
继续什么
Talking about the case.
谈论案子
You're just sitting there.
你只是呆坐在那
I'm thinking.
我在思考
I suspect the silence is exacerbated
我想沉寂的感觉
by the nature of our communication.
被这种通讯方式夸大了
Yes. Well, I don't live there anymore.
是,但是我不住在那了
So, if you want to talk shop at night,
所以你想在晚上谈工作
this is the best I can do.
我就只能这样做了
Keep asking myself: what did the killer want?
我一直在想,凶手想要什么
He went to great lengths to lure brilliant mathematicians
他花费大量精力吸引杰出的数学家
to their deaths.
踏入死亡陷阱
Winnowed out the less gifted
用越来越复杂的题目
by making his problems more and more complicated.
来筛选出那些不太出众的
He had a type, but I still think he's a serial killer
他专注一类人,但我依然感觉他不只是
only in the most technical sense.
一个连环杀手
He tortured both his victims.
他折磨了两位被害人
But there's no sign that he enjoyed it.
但是没有迹象表明他乐在其中
The work was utilitarian,
事情干得很利索
suggesting it was less for pleasure
说明那不是为了享受
and more for persuasion.
而是为了某种目的
He wanted something.
他想要什么东西
But what?
但那是什么呢
Maybe there's a connection between Wallaczek and Lowenthal
也许沃拉泽科和洛温塔尔之间
we haven't spotted yet.
有尚未发现的关联
Maybe they were working on a project together,
也许他们在一起合作过项目
something that was worth a lot of money.
很值钱的一些事情
There's no way the killer could have predicted
凶手没有办法可以确保
which competitors would make it to the terminal stage.
究竟哪个选手可以到达终点
That part of the game was beyond his control.
游戏的这一部分他无法掌控
If it weren't, he would've been prepared
如果可以,他肯定会准备好
to dispose of a body the size of Ike Wallaczek's.
处理掉艾克·沃拉泽科这种体型的尸体
So, even if there were a connection between the victims,
所以说,如果被害者之间真的有联系
the killer could not have counted on them
凶手也不能确保他们
being lured into his trap.
会被引入死亡陷阱
Certainly not in sequence.
肯定不知道他们的顺序
His game was, in many respects, one of chance.
他的游戏,从各方面来看,是靠运气
Suggesting he knows what he wants, but not who has it.
说明他知道想要什么,但不知道谁有
Like he was on a puzzle hunt of his own.
就好像他自己也在解一个谜团
I'm back.
我回来了
I'll set up downstairs, yeah?
我下楼去弄吧
I've been thinking about what you said earlier.
我一直在想你之前所说的话
I've decided to engage her one more time
我决定再跟她谈一次
with regards to her recuperation.
为了她的完全康复
I doubt she'll listen, but I'll keep you apprised.
我怀疑她不会听,但我会告诉你进展的
I've been thinking.
我一直在想
About?
想什么
You. Your history.
你,你的过去
Your decision not to seek help.
你决定不寻求帮助
I think it's a mistake.
我觉得那是错误的决定
Oh?
是吗
I've looked into a number of support groups.
我找了几个互助小组
As you are well aware,
就像你知道的
I have benefited greatly from similar settings.
我从类似经验中获得了不少帮助
You have.
是没错
The process, I find,
那种过程,我发现
is not unlike voiding one's bowels...
虽然就像在清空你的肠胃...
I'll go.
我会去的
What?
什么
I'll go. Just get me the details.
我会去的,告诉我细节就好了
I've been thinking, too-- about your number-cruncher, Harlan.
我也在思考关于那位搞数字的哈伦
You think I was too hard on him.
你觉得我对他太刻薄了吗
You will have consultants of your own one day.
你今后也会有自己的顾问
You'll see that they require management and focus.
你会发现他们需要管理并集中注意力
They are but keys on a keyboard, and we're the typists.
他们不过是键盘上的按键,而我们是打字员
You could've given him a shoeing for all I care.
你给他提鞋都不关我事
No, I'm just saying that
不是,我只是想说
some of the stuff he's got up to, it's quite good.
他调查出的一些东西,都挺不错的
You should take a look.
你应该看一看
You may find a fellow typist.
也许可以找到一位打字员同伴
Hello?
你好
Yeah, I hear that you and some friends
我听说你和一些朋友
are trying to identify Mo Shellshocker.
想要找出摩·夏尔舒克的身份
That's right. Who is this?
是没错,你是谁
His name is Harlan Emple.
他的名字是哈伦·林珀
You got a pen?
你有笔吗
I'll-I'll give you his address.
我给你他的地址
Harlan.
哈伦
You can't take a hint, can you?
你就这么不开窍吗
I got your text messages.
我收到了你的短信
I don't want to see you right now.
我现在不想见你
So if you came here to apologize...
如果你是来道歉的...
Actually, I came here to spare you an agonizing death.
实际上,我来是帮你免于惨死的
Can I come in?
我能进去了吗
I was puzzling earlier
我之前很迷惑
as to why the killer went to such specific lengths.
为什么凶手要费如此周章
What did he want?
他想要什么
And then Watson, quite by accident,
然后华生,凑巧地
she made a most compelling analogy.
说出了一套令人叹服的理论
She said it was as if he was on a hunt of his own.
她说就好像他自己也在寻找什么
Duh. He was hunting mathematicians.
当然,他在猎杀数学家们
No, he wasn't.
不,他没有
He was hunting a mathematician.
他在猎杀某位数学家
One.
就一个
A man who had concealed his identity not only
这人不仅在数学家圈子里
from the mathematics community at large,
隐藏了自己的身份
but also from the FBI.
就连联调局都查不到他
A "Crusader," you might call him.
一位"圣骑士" 你可以这么叫他
Wait a minute. Are you saying that this was all about me?
等等,你是说这一切都是因为我
Unfortunately, emulating the work of people like me
不幸的是,效仿我这样的人
is not without risks.
是有风险的
Creates enemies.
会树敌无数
I knew it was the government.
我就知道是政府捣鬼
It was a lottery winner.
是个彩票赢家
Little over a year ago,
一年多以前
you started a series of blogs where you exposed the flaws
你开始在一系列博客上揭露一些
in certain scratch card lottery games.
刮刮乐彩票游戏的缺陷
Tickets like this one.
像这样的彩票
I wrote about baited hook games.
我写过诱饵游戏
Games where the numbers are printed on the front.
这些彩票的正面印有数字
Scratch off the hidden numbers, hope for a match.
刮掉隐藏的数字,希望得到相同号码
Only, you proved
只不过你证明了
that with careful mathematical analysis of the visible numbers,
通过仔细地分析面上的数字
you could predict which tickets were winners
你可以预测哪张彩票能中奖
80% of the time.
准确率有八成
If you had exploited this flaw, rather than exposing it,
如果你利用了这种缺陷,而不是揭露出来
you could have made millions.
你可能已经赚了几百万
Well... sure. But that would been cheating.
这话没错,但这样就是作弊了
Right.
So imagine for a moment
那想象一下
that you are a less honest mathematician.
你是个没那么诚实的数学家
Right?
对吧
You've been taking advantage of these games
你几年来一直想利用
for a couple of years to amass a small fortune.
这些游戏来敛财
And then "Mo" comes along.
然后"摩"出现了
He starts exposing the broken games.
他开始揭露这些有缺陷的游戏
State Lottery Commissions shut them down.
州彩票委员会将其取消
The exploitable games dry up.
虚假牟利的伎俩就此结束
Now, if you were a psychopathic lottery cheat,
假如你是个精神错乱的彩票老千
how do you fix that?
你会怎么做
You kill Mo.
你会杀了"摩"
Unfortunately, Mo is elusive.
可惜的是,"摩"神出鬼没
Anonymous.
没人知道他是谁
The only thing he knew about him for sure
他唯一能确定关于"摩"的是
was that he could not resist a puzzle hunt.
他抵挡不住解谜大赛的诱惑
Now, if you were smart enough to identify
如果你已经够聪明能发现
and take advantage of broken lottery games...
有缺陷的彩票游戏并从中牟利...
Then I'm smart enough to design a puzzle hunt.
那我也够聪明能设计一个解谜大赛
This plan was not without its flaws.
但这计划并非完美
Once a competitor reached the terminal stage,
当参赛者进入了最终关卡
the killer could not be certain that he'd trapped Mo, could he?
凶手无法确定他抓到的是不是"摩" 对吧
So he tortured them.
于是他折磨他们
I submit he forced them to log on to Mo's Web site,
我猜他迫使他们登录"摩"的网站
and when they failed...
而当他们无法登陆时...
After two murders,
杀了两个人以后
the game was compromised.
计划泡汤了
So the killer devises a Plan "B."
所以凶手想出了备用计划
He tricks a group of his peers
他诱使一帮数学家
into helping search for an alternative means
帮助他寻找其他方法
of identifying Mo.
辨别"摩"的真实身份
You're talking about that guy.
你说的是那个家伙
The one with the penthouse.
在顶层公寓里的那个
Paul?
保罗
Lottery winners are public record.
中了彩票的人都会记录在案
So when I searched for the names of repeat winners
所以当我搜索在你发博客前反复出现的
in the dates prior to your posts...
中奖者名字时...
I can't believe I drank his water.
真不敢相信我竟然喝了他递的水
I called him.
我给他打了电话
I identified you as Mo.
告诉他你就是"摩"
And I gave him your address.
并给了他你的地址
You what?!
你干了什么
Drop your weapon!
放下武器
I did not, however, give him
不过我给他的是
the correct apartment number.
错误的公寓房间号
He was arrested a little over an hour ago.
一个多小时前他刚被捕了
Tried to call you to tell you, but, um...
本想打电话告诉你,但...
But I was ignoring you.
我一直拒接你电话
Yes, you were ignoring me.
对,一直不接
Look, you know that I'm still screwed, right?
但你知道我还是完蛋了,对吧
You told him that I'm Mo.
你告诉他我就是"摩"
He's gonna tell the police, they're gonna tell the FBI...
他会告诉警察,然后联调局的人就知道了...
The NYPD is under the impression
纽约警局误以为
that I lied about your connection to Mo
我是为了引出埃廷格先生
in order to draw Mr. Ettinger out.
才瞎编了你就是"摩"这事
As far as the FBI goes, well,
至于联调局那边
I've got some associates who have created a trail
我让几个同事制造了线索
which will strongly suggest that Mo is a cyber-terrorist I became aware of
会让人觉得"摩"是我
whilst working for, um...
在英国办案时发现的
queen and country.
网络恐怖分子
Your secret's quite safe.
你的秘密很安全
Thanks.
谢了
My reasons for preserving you are entirely selfish, Harlan.
我保住你完全是为了我自己,哈伦
You are a tremendous asset.
你给我的帮助是无价的
I have little doubt
毫无疑问
I will need your help again in the future.
将来我还会需要你的协助
Me or him?
找我还是他
You.
I have an update on that real estate flipper.
那个倒卖房屋的人,我有些新消息
I thought you might want to know.
我觉得你可能想知道
I tracked down the truck rental receipts to get her name.
我通过卡车租赁收据找到了她的名字
Valerie Cork.
瓦莱丽·科克
She's an art authenticator.
她是名艺术鉴定家
And that crate you saw?
你看到的那个木箱
There was something called
里面是一台
a scanning fluorescence spectrometry machine inside.
叫做荧光光谱扫描仪的机器
They're used...
是用来...
To find paintings underneath other paintings.
找出掩盖在画作之下的其他画
So it turns out that the building Chad Keswick was looking to buy
原来查德·科斯维克想买的那栋楼
was leased by the WPA during the Depression.
曾在大萧条时期被公共事业振兴署租下
They commissioned a mural for the lobby.
他们在大厅作了一幅壁画
The artist was a notorious communist,
那画家是个声名狼藉的共产党
so when the property passed into private hands in the '50s,
所以在五十年代那栋楼被私人买下时
the new owners had it painted over.
买家重新粉刷了墙壁
But it was still there, under the paint.
但画还在那里,被油漆盖住了
A lost work by Diego Rivera.
一幅迭戈·里维拉(墨西哥画家)的作品
It's worth ten times the price of the building.
价值是那栋楼的十倍
I was hoping to leak the truth to the Times.
我本想把这消息告诉《纽约时报》
I promised you a cut of my fee.
我答应过要分你一份佣金的
But I'm pretty sure the mural's gonna end up
但我肯定壁画最终会交给
in the hands of a historical trust.
一个历史信托基金
I'd feel obligated to refund my client,
我有责任补偿我的客户
which means you'd get a cut of nothing.
所以你也分不到钱了
That works for me.
没问题
Okay.
I think you should know
我想告诉你
that I am going to a meeting tonight.
我今晚会去一个互助会
One of those support groups for...
是为了帮助
people like me.
我这样的人
It was, uh, Sherlock's idea.
这是夏洛克的主意
That's great.
挺好的
I know you put him up to it.
我知道是你提议的
We talked.
我们谈过
When he first approached me in London,
当他最初在伦敦找到我时
I was...
我...
in a bad way.
状态很糟
And I had been for a while.
而且已经持续一段时间了
But then, when he talked about the work that he did,
但当他说起他的工作
about the things that he saw in me...
说起他在我身上看到的潜力...
I want it.
我很想要
I want every bit of what's he offered me,
想要他给我提供的一切
of what he offered you, but...
他曾给你提供的那些,但是...
if I've learned one thing over the last few weeks,
如果过去几周我学到了什么的话
it's that he can't pull it off.
就是,他不会成功的
Not by himself, anyway.
靠他自己反正成不了
And if I'm gonna get what I want,
如果我仍想得到我想要的
then I'm going to need your help, too.
我也需要你的帮助
I still think the meetings are bollocks,
我还是觉得互助会很扯
but you say they're important.
但你觉得它们很重要
They matter to you, so...
有必要去,那...
What do you say, Watson?
你觉得呢,华生
Will you help me?
你愿意帮我吗
I don't know how it happened.
我不知道是怎么发生的
It just... hit me.
事情太突然
Like a truck, out of nowhere.
就像一辆突然冒出来的卡车
Work is good.
工作不错
I have friends.
我也有朋友
I'm in a relationship.
我还在谈恋爱
Somewhere along the way, somehow,
慢慢地,有一天
I stopped being a victim
我感到不再是受害者
and became a survivor.
而是幸存者
So, I guess all I'm saying is, there's hope.
所以我想说,是有希望的
Do the work. Love yourself. There's hope.
过好你的生活,爱自己,是有希望的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
corrupt [kə'rʌpt]

想一想再看

adj. 腐败的,堕落的
vt. 使 ...

联想记忆
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
cabinet ['kæbinit]

想一想再看

n. 橱柜,内阁
adj. 私人的

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
alternative [ɔ:l'tə:nətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 两者择一的; 供选择的; 非主流的

联想记忆
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
novice ['nɔvis]

想一想再看

n. 新信徒,新手

联想记忆
adequately ['ædikwitli]

想一想再看

adv. 足够地,充分地,适当地

 
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。