How dare you?
你怎么敢说出这样的话?
You, of all people. You, of all goddamn people!
你 还有其他人 你们所有人!
You're nothing but a coward!
你只不过是一个懦夫!
Stuck in that sterile little office.
被困在那个狭小枯乏的办公室里
Every beautiful thing in you stunted.
你身体里所有美好的品质 都被扼杀了
You don't have the first idea what it is to be alive!
你跟本就不懂活着是一种怎样的感受!
You don't know what it is to wake up... and grab hold of life every day and fight with it.
你根本就不知道 每天早上醒来 紧握机遇 为生活而奋斗是怎样一种感受
You're just so goddamn scared to live.
你活得太畏首畏脚了
There are other ways to live!
生活还有其他种方式!
There's loving your children and seeing them grow up right.
比如爱你的孩子们 呵护他们健康成长
There's providing for your family.
比如养家糊口
There's doing work that's important and giving to other people.
比如从事重要且有利于他人的工作
That's enough. No, I've taken your abuse... 'cause I told myself you were worth it... that the work was worth it.
别说了 不 我一再地忍受你是因为我告诉我自己 你值得我这么做 你的作品值得我这么做
But God help anyone who loves you, Tom.
但祈求上帝帮帮爱你的每一个人 汤姆
Because for all your talk... and all your millions of beautiful words...
因为纵使你说过这么多话 写了这么多华丽而绚烂的辞藻
you haven't the slightest idea of what it means to be alive...
但你还是不懂活着的意义
to look into another person's eyes and ache for him.
比如看着一个人的眼睛 向他表示同情和怜悯
I hope someday you will.
希望有一天你能懂
And then maybe all your words will be worth five of Scott's.
只有到那时候你写的东西 才配得上与史考特的作品相提并论