1、suppose
假定;假设;设想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。
(根据所知)认为,推断,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。
我看;要我说;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功课。
2、release
释放;放出
He was released from custody the next day.
第二天他被从拘留所里放了出来。
He is expected to be released from hospital today.
他有望今天出院。
使免除;使免于
Divorce releases both the husband and wife from all marital obligations to each other.
离婚解除了夫妻双方相互之间所有的婚姻义务。
This releases the teacher to work with individuals who are having extreme difficulty.
这使得教师可以专门辅导学习特别吃力的学生。
发泄,释放(情感);展示(能力)
Becoming your own person releases your creativity.
保持自己的本色才有助于发挥自身创造力。
I personally don't want to release my anger on anyone else.
我个人并不想把自己的愤怒发泄在别人身上。