Mom, dad! Dad, we have to go!
妈妈爸爸!爸爸我们快离开这!
What?
什么?
Now the house is on fire, we have to get out of here!
房子着火了,我们得出去!
Come on, we have to go!
快点我们走!
No, no, The phone's dead. Go! Come on, we gotta go!
别别,电话断线了。快走!快点快离开这!
Come on. Stay down. Stay down!
快点,趴低,趴低!
Come on. Come on. Hold on... Come on.
加油,挺住……加油
Somebody!
来人啊!
Somebody!
有人吗!
Somebody, please help us!
快来人请救救我们!
"The torture of a bad conscience is the hell of a living soul."
“内疚所遭受的折磨是活生生的灵魂的地狱。”
John Calvin.
约翰·加尔文 (16世纪著名改教家和神学家)
Two fires, two families in three weeks.
三周内两个家庭两次火灾。
The first family, the Jarvis',
第一户是贾维斯家,
all died.
全部死亡。
Last night, the Cutlers.
昨晚,卡特勒家。
Only one survivor, Charlotte Cutler,
只有夏洛特·卡特勒一人幸存,
she's in critical condition with burns to over 60% of her body.
全身60%烧伤还在危险期。
Well, it's no accident.
都不是意外。
It's the same M.O. No fuses, kerosene,
作案手法相同不用导火线而用煤油,
multiple points of origin,
多处起火点,
families targeted at home while they slept.
以安睡中的家庭为目标
The bay area has a serial arsonist.
湾区有一个连环纵火犯
Statistically, 94% of all serial arsonists are male,
据统计连环纵火犯中有94%是男性
75% are white, and few,
75%是白人而且少有
if any, are ever caught.
或者说只有一些被抓获
Few?
少有?
You don't have a percentage?
没有数据吗?
About 16%,
大约16%
and those 16% set 30-plus fires before they were ever apprehended.
而这16%被捕前放火都达30多起
I'm trying to be more conversational.
我正在尝试更健谈一点
Oh. It's not working.
哦。并没有作用
Most serial arsonists don't intend to inflict harm.
多数连环纵火犯无意造成伤害
Injuries or death, those are accidental.
受伤或死亡都是意外的
It's not about violence.
与暴力无关
For this one it is.
这次的有关
It's also about power.
也与权力有关
Seeing the destructive force of their fires.
看看纵火的破坏性
Watching the chaos,
观察混乱情况
for them, fire's just a substitute for sexual release.
对他们来说,纵火就是性释放的替代
Oh, great, so if these guys don't get laid, they start fires?
哦,好啊,就是说一旦得不到性满足他们就放火?
Or in this case, burn entire families to death.
或者如本案将一家人烧死。
No statistic? Nope.
没有统计数据? 没有。
They don't have statistics on this guy.
对这类人没有统计。
One of a kind.
都是独一无二的。
Thank god.
感谢上帝。
Three weeks ago, this serial arsonist escalated into a serial killer whose weapon is fire.
三周前,这个连环纵火犯升级为以火作为武器的连续杀人犯。
Why?
为什么呢?
Major event.
一定有大事发生。
Possibly the breakup of his primary sexual outlet.
很可能是主要的性宣泄渠道中止了。
The separation, the loss.
分离缺失。
All right. What about the victims?
好吧。被害人情况怎样?
SFPD can't connect the Jarvis' and the Cutlers,
旧金山警局不能将贾维斯家和卡特勒家联系起来,
but witnesses put an unidentified late model gold sedan near both fires.
但目击者证实在两起火灾附近都有一辆金色的新型不明轿车。
Run the car.
查查这辆车。
Garcia, run the victims through the system,
加西亚,在系统中调查被害人,
if there's any connection we need to find it.
哪怕一点联系都要找到。
Yes, sir.
好的,先生。
We need victimology.
我们需要做被害者研究。
I'll go see Charlotte Cutler.
我去探访一下夏洛特·卡特勒。
You took the burn one last time.
上次烧伤案就是你去的。
It's all right. I got it.
没关系。我可以。
Has she said anything about the fires?
关于火灾她有说什么吗?
I'm giving her as much painkiller as I can.
我给她服用了最大剂量的止疼片。
She asked about her husband and son.
她询问过她的丈夫和儿子。
She passed out again before I had to answer.
可在我回答之前又昏了过去。
So she doesn't know.
所以她并不知情。
Whatever you tell her,
不管你告诉她什么,
she won't live long enough to know different.
她都不可能活到发现真伪的那刻。
I'll be right back.
我马上回来。
Did she just tell us to lie to a material witness? No.
她是让我们欺骗一个重要证人?不是。
She told us that we could.
她是说我们可以。
Welcome. Richardo Vega, SFFDR.
欢迎。我是理查多·维加,旧金山消防救援队的。
Hi. Jason Gideon, this is Derek Morgan.
嗨。我是詹森·吉迪恩,这位是德里克·摩根。
Most likely the arson suspect is a first responder.
纵火嫌疑人很可能是第一出动人员
Who set both fires with premeditative intent to return to it within a professional capacity.
两次都是有预谋地放火并且利用职务之便回到现场。
You read my paper.
你看过我的论文。
"Profiles of a serial arsonist,"
"连环纵火犯的侧写"
I make everyone on my team read it.
我让每个队员都读过。
I've run the first responders of both fires,
我已经调查过两起火灾的第一出动人员,
these are the pedigrees of everyone that was here that night.
这是那晚在这里的每个人的家谱。
No fire, police, or EMT responded to both.
两次没有相同的消防员警察以及急救人员。
No one except me,
没人,除我以外,
which is why I've included copies of my department performance reviews,
所以还附带了我的部门考评,
medical records, and psych-evals.
医疗报告以及心理鉴定。
It's unnecessary. No, it's not.
这就不必了。的确没有。
Your best suspect is a fireman who saw both fires burning. That's me.
你的首要嫌疑人是一个目击两起火灾的消防员。也就是我。
I'm saving you time.
我在帮你节约时间
Come on, I'll walk you through it.
来吧,我陪你们进去。
Mrs. Cutler?
卡特勒太太?
I'm Special Agent Aaron Hotchner,
我是特别探员亚伦·霍奇纳,
this is Special Agent Emily Prentiss. Hello.
这位是特别探员埃米莉·普伦蒂斯。你好。
Where's Paul?
保罗在哪里?
Your son
你儿子
was with you the night of the fire.
火灾当晚跟你在一起。
That's why we're here.
我们正为此而来。
I don't understand.
我不明白。
We're FBI agents.
我们是FBI探员。
We think that the fire may have been set intentionally.
我们认为这起火灾可能是有预谋的。
I'm very tired.
我很累。
I understand.
我明白。
This is very important.
但这很重要。
Do you think you could just give us a couple of minutes?
能跟我们谈几分钟吗?
I want you to think back to that night.
我希望你回想那晚。
Was there anything out of the ordinary?
有什么不寻常的吗?
Think about the things that you normally do.
想想你平时习惯做的事。
Uh, get undressed,
脱衣服,
wash your face
洗脸,
I couldn't brush my teeth.
我没法刷牙。
Dennis?
丹尼斯?
The water's not working.
没有水了。
I'll check it out.
我去检查一下。
Dennis got the water back on.
丹尼斯把水接通了。
Then
然后
then you went to bed?
然后你们去睡觉了?
Do you remember what woke you up?
还记得是被什么吵醒的吗?
Paul. Not the smoke alarms?
不是烟气报警器吗?
It was Paul.
是保罗。
What else do you remember?
还记得什么?
Dennis unlocked it and it wouldn't open.
丹尼斯打开锁但门开不了。
He unlocked what?
打开什么锁?
The front door!
前门的锁!
Somebody please help us, please!
来人啊请救救我们,求你了!
What's wrong?!
怎么了?!
I can...
我不能……
Somebody!
来人啊!
Somebody. Please help us, please.
快来人。请救救我们,求你了。
And then I saw the fireman.
然后我看见了消防员。
and I knew it's gonna be OK.
我知道会没事的。
Dennis?
丹尼斯?
Paul, where's my baby?
保罗,我的孩子在哪儿?
Paul, Where are they? Are they OK?
保罗,他们在哪儿?他们还好吗?
They're fine.
他们很好。
They're just outside in the waiting room.
就在外面的候诊室里。
Ohh... oh, right.
哦太好了。
I don't want them to see me like this.
我不想让他们看见我这样。
No, I'm not ready. Could you...
不行我还没准备好你能……
please tell them to wait a minute, please?
让他们等等吗行吗?
I'm not ready.
我没准备好。
Agent Prentiss will tell them.
普伦蒂斯探员会告诉他们的。
You call Gideon and Morgan?
能给吉迪恩和摩根打电话吗?
I can stay with you until you're ready.
我会陪着你直到你做好准备。
If you'd like.
如果你愿意的话。
I'd like that.
我很乐意。
She told her husband there was no water.
她告诉丈夫没有水。
Where's the shut-off?
开关在哪儿?
Runs up the sidewalk.
人行道上。
Ok, so I'm the UNSUB.
好,那假设我是不明嫌疑犯。
I need to get in the house.
要进入屋内。
So I turn the water off right here.
于是就关掉了这里的水闸。
And then I wait.
而后等着。
I wait for him to come outside.
等他出来。
I wait for them to go to sleep
我等他们睡觉
and then I carefully pour the fuel.
然后小心翼翼地倾倒燃料。
Cutting access to the back door.
切断去后门的通道。
I leave them only one way to get out.
只留下一处逃生出口。
This place is great! They have their own espresso machine.
这地方真棒!他们有自己的咖啡机。
Dr. Reid, this is Detective Castro,
里德博士,这位是卡斯特罗警探,
she is with the SFPD liaison.
她负责与旧金山警局联络。
Burned my hand on that espresso machine.
在咖啡机那儿烫到手。
Ooh!
哦!
A genius, you said?
这就是你说的天才?
Yeah, uh,
是,没错,
his coordination drops off when he's thinking.
思考时他的平衡感会下降。
Good.
好的。
'Cause we need to figure out why this psycho chooses these families.
我们需要搞清楚这疯子为何选择这些家庭。
He's most likely targeting the men.
很可能是以男主人为目标。
They're the only similar members of the two families.
他们是两个家庭中唯一相似的成员。
C. Jarvis, 29, worked full-time.
C·贾维斯,29岁,全职工作。
Charlotte cutler, 39, was a stay-at-home mom.
夏洛特·卡特勒,39岁,全职太太。
The Jarvis' had two girls in public grade school,
贾维斯家有两个女儿就读于公立小学,
Cutler's had a son in private high school.
卡特勒家的儿子就读于私立高中。
The Jarvis' went to church, the Cutlers didn't.
贾维斯家上教堂而卡特勒家不去。
Nothing holds.
没有相同点。
Except with the men,
除了男主人,
both in their late thirties, white,
都是近四十岁的白人,
approximately 6-feet tall, brown hair,
大约六英尺高棕发,
nice homes, nice families, good jobs,
有很好的房子美满的家庭不错的工作,
that's the connection.
这就是联系。
What connection?
什么联系?
Cutler was a lawyer,
卡特勒是律师,
Jarvis an executive.
贾维斯是经理。
There's no evidence they ever met.
没有证据证明他们有过接触。
But they're of the same type.
可是他们是同一类型的
We know that most serial arsonists are white males.
我们知道多数连环纵火犯都是白人
A complex M.O. develops over time.
随时间推移作案手法越来越复杂
This guy is in his mid-thirties,
这个家伙35岁左右,
he sees the victims as successful versions of himself.
将被害人看作自己的成功版。
And he resents them for it.
也为此怨恨他们。
I'll issue an A.P.B.
我去发布全国通告。
For a resentful 6-foot white guy.
对象是一个愤怒的六英尺高的白人。
Ok, great. I got it. Thanks.
好的,很好。我明白了。谢谢。
Charlotte Cutler died.
夏洛特·卡特勒死了。
I'm sorry.
我很难过。
Next time I'll go.
下次我去。
What have we got on the vehicle?
关于车辆有什么发现?
Uh, it is a 1999 gold ford taurus.
是1999年产的金色福特金牛座
85% of that model color-combo were sold domestically as fleet vehicles.
国内出售的这一型号配色的车有85%作为运输车
Company cars,
公司用车
rental fleets.
汽车租赁公司
Did you check all agencies?
所有公司都查过了吗?
Yeah, none of them kept them for the past three weeks,
是的过去三周中没人连续租用,
or rented during both fires,
两次火灾时也没有,
so
那么
who keeps a rental car for three weeks?
谁会将一辆租用车保留三周?
Then it's not a rental.
那就不是租用车了。
It would have to be a company car.
只可能是公司用车。
This guy, he had to have time to stalk his victims.
这个家伙必须得有时间跟踪被害人。
And if his job involves driving
如果工作中包含驾驶
there was a serial arsonist up in Seattle, early nineties
九十年代初期西雅图出现一个连环纵火犯
Paul Kenneth Keller. Yeah.
保罗·肯尼思·凯勒。是的。
He used to drive around all day selling
他整天开着车转悠
advertising for his dad's agency,
为其父亲的公司做销售广告,
picking out places to burn.
挑选点火地点。
Company car. Good work, J.J.
公司用车干得好,J.J.
Let's do the profile.
可以进行侧写了。
The UNSUB we're looking for is a highly intelligent,
我们要找的不明嫌疑犯是一个高智商,
under-achieving,35 to 45-year-old white male
未发挥潜能的白人年龄在35-45岁之间
with a severe narcissistic character disorder.
患有严重的自恋型性格障碍。
Nothing in his life works for long.
生活中没有可以长久保留的东西。
If he was married, he's now divorced.
就算结过婚,现在也离了。
If employed, it won't last.
雇佣关系,也不会维持很久。
What he wants is admiration,
他渴望赞赏,
but he's got no respect for others
但对别人毫不尊敬
not their feelings, and most certainly not their safety.
包括他们的感觉,当然还有他们的安全。
He feels entitled.
他觉得很有资格。
He's like a petulant adolescent.
就象坏脾气的孩子。
He both resents and he absolutely expects everyone to take care of him.
充满怨怼又满心期盼所有人关心自己。
And given that a male relative wouldn't tolerate this behavior,
由于男性亲友不能忍受这种行为,
he most likely lives with a female relative
他很可能与女性亲友一同生活
his mother, grandmother, aunt, whom he exploits.
母亲祖母阿姨只要可供其剥削。
His arson kit is expensive.
他的纵火工具箱很昂贵。
Fire suit,
消防服,
oxygen mask.
氧气罩。
This suggests that he may be employed,
意味着他或许有工作,
but his personality will not allow him to work closely with others in an office setting.
但个性使他不能与其他人呆在一起办公。
This along with the information about his vehicle lead us to believe that
加上他驾驶的车辆我们相信
he's a traveling salesman of some sort,
他是某种旅行推销员,
who works for a company big enough not to notice that he's a sociopath.
所属公司规模很大以至注意不到他的反社会人格。
Ok, this scumbag has issues, we all get it.
好的,这个人渣有问题,我们都清楚了。
But why fire?
但为什么要放火?
He's like a drug addict.
他就象毒瘾患者。
Only fire's his drug.
只是放火就是他的毒品。
Each time an addict needs a fix,
瘾君子每次吸毒,
they need more of the drug to get off.
都需要更多药物来摆脱毒瘾。
So his crimes most likely get much worse.
所以他的罪行很可能越来越糟。
It would be almost impossible for him to quit without help.
没有帮助他基本不可能停下来。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
She shoots! she scores!
射击得分!
The crowd goes wild.
人们疯狂了。
I just put the entire department on tac alert.
我刚让整个部门都进入了战术戒备状态。
Garcia's on line one.
加西亚在一线。
Brace yourselves.
你们做好准备。
I'm gonna teach you the meaning of lust.
我要教你们什么叫欲望。
Did she say lust? Mm-hmm.
她是说欲望吗?嗯。
I cross-referenced every known fact on the victims,
我参照了被害者的所有已知信息,
and I just found a website that links both Dennis Cutler
发现一个网页里面有LUST的商业犯罪名单
and Matthew Jarvis' companies on a list of businesses guilty of L.U.S.T.
里面包括丹尼斯·卡特勒和马修·贾维斯的公司
I'm missing something.
那是什么。
Leaking underground storage tanks.
地下储存罐渗漏
The website belongs to a recently founded San Francisco Chapter of the Earth Defense Front.
这个网站隶属于旧金山新建的"地球保护先锋"组织
The EDF?
地球保护先锋?
The eco-terrorist group?
生态恐怖主义组织?
They aren't eco-terrorists, they're environmental activists.
他们不是生态恐怖主义者,而是环保活动分子。
Dennis Cutler and Matthew Jarvis may disagree with you.
丹尼斯·卡特勒和马修·贾维斯不会同意你这么说的。
I'm pretty sure some EDF people were sent up for torching an SUV dealership a while back in San Diego.
我很肯定一些该组织的人已经被派去圣地亚哥SUV汽车交易商那里纵火了。
Nobody died in those fires.
那场火里面没有人死亡。
Maybe they got lucky.
可能他们比较幸运。
No, it's not luck.
不不是幸运
This group's dedicated to protecting life.
这个组织专注于保护生命,
What, do they wait until no one's home and then light the place up?
什么难道他们等没人在家的时候才放火烧屋吗?
That's exactly what they do.
他们就是这样做的。
So tell me who we're playing again today.
那么告诉我我们今天玩什么。
We play the jets.
我们玩喷气机。
The jets, right, ok.
喷气机,不错,好。
I'll be...in a second.
我会……马上来。
Katie!
卡蒂!
Come on. We're not gonna be late twice in one week.
快点。我们不能一星期迟到两次啊。
Yeah? I'm coming!
你好?我来了!
Come on, sweetie.
快点,亲爱的。
Right.
好。
No, I got that.
不,我知道。
Yeah.
是的。
No, we're leaving...
不,我们要出发了……
we're leaving right now.
我们现在就出发
Yeah.
是的。
All right, guys.
好了,孩子们。
We ready?
准备好了吗?
Belt.
系好安全带。
Oh, yeah.
噢,对。
What's wrong? I don't know.
怎么了?我不知道。
It's not opening.
开不了了。
Are you telling me that the FBI doesn't have
你是在告诉我FBI没有
files on organizations like this? Lists and members?
此类组织的档案?名单和成员信息?
Domestic groups like the EDF aren't the bureau's top priority right now.
像地球保卫先锋这样的国内组织并不是官方的首要关注对象。
Besides, they're more of a movement than an organization.
还有他们像是种行动而不是组织。
There's a central ideology,
有核心的意识形态,
but...chapters are independent,
不过……分支是独立的,
they don't pay dues and they don't keep membership lists.
他们不用交税也不保存成员名单。
What if one of the chapters has broken ranks and has a new belief?
如果某个分支打破了等级制度有了新的信仰呢?
Dad?
爸爸?
What are you doing?!
你在干什么?!
Hey! Get out, guys,
嘿!孩子们出去!
Get out! Get out!
出去!出去!
Get out! Kids, Get out now! Dad, It's not opening!
出去!孩子们马山出去!爸爸门开不了!
Come on, It won't open, dad! Open the door! Get out!
怎么办门开不了爸爸!开门!出去!
Hurting people's never been part of it.
伤害人们永远不会是他们想做的。
Doesn't track.
没有迹象。
Doesn't fit the profile.
不符合侧写。
Garcia, can you identify how many members are in this particular EDF chapter?
加西亚你能确认这个组织的分支里有多少成员吗?
Uh, it looks like a hundred to 150.
呃,好像是100到150人左右。
What are you doing?! It's not opening!
你在干什么?! 开不了!
I'm scared, dad! I'm scared! Doors open...open!
我害怕爸爸!我害怕! 开门……开门!
Start the car! I'm trying...it won't start.
开车!我在试……发动不了。
Hurry!
快点!
I'm scared, dad, I'm scared!
我害怕爸爸我害怕!
Come on, get out!
快点出去!
Get out! Keep trying! Keep trying!
出去!继续试!继续试!
Come on! Keep trying...what are you doing?!
快点!继续试……你在干什么?!
Thomas R. Dunleavy, Dunbrooke Development Group.
托马斯·R·邓利维,德博鲁克发展组织。
On the list.
在名单上。
Ok, I'm sending you a file on the EDF leader.
好的,我传给你一份地球保卫先锋首领的档案。
Evan Abby, 41, 5'11'', 185 pounds.
埃文·艾比,41岁,身高5英尺11英寸,体重185榜。
Thanks, Garcia.
谢谢你,加西亚。
Pardon me for asking, sir, but how do we even know he's involved?
对不起我问一下,长官我们怎么知道与他有关?
We don't. That's why we're interviewing Abby at the crime scene.
我们不知道所以我们才要来犯罪现场和艾比谈谈
If he is the leader of the EDF,
如果他是这个组织的首领,
his reaction to all this should tell us exactly what we need to know.
看他对这一切的反应可以表明我们想知道的。
Where do you guys want it?
你们想在哪进行?
This is the spot.
就在这。
When he arrives,
他来到的时候,
bring the fake bodies right past us
让假尸经过我们后面
nice and slow.
慢慢搬好了。
I want him to get a good look.
我想让他好好看看。
Remind me to never play poker with you guys.
记得提醒我不要和你们这些家伙玩扑克牌。
So what do we have on this guy?
那么我们对这家伙有什么了解?
Hotch! What?
霍奇!什么?
What do we have on the EDF leader?
我们对这个组织的首领有什么了解?
Evan Abby, 41, divorced, father of Liam, 14.
埃文·艾比,41岁,离婚有个14岁的儿子利亚姆。
Environmental engineer,
环保工程师,
does consults on real estate projects,
房地产计划顾问,
has worked with every company on the EDF list.
为地球保卫先锋组织名单上的所有公司工作过。
Can't wait to meet him.
等不急想见见他。
Mr. Abby, these are Special Agents Jason Gideon and Aaron Hotchner.
艾比先生这是特别探员詹森·吉迪恩和亚伦·霍奇纳。
Thank you for coming.
谢谢你能过来。
Um, Agent Prentiss said you needed my help with a L.U.S.T. Related fire?
呃,普伦蒂斯探员说你需要我的帮助涉及地下储藏罐渗漏的火灾?
Yeah, it's pretty bad.
是的,情况很糟糕。
Tom, Brad, Katie, Dunleavy.
汤姆,布拉德,凯蒂,邓利维。
All burned to death.
都被烧死了。
Whew.
哎唷。
Uh... so, um, where's the...
呃……那么……在哪里
uh, where's the leaking storage tank?
那个泄漏的储藏罐在哪里?
Katie was only 12.
凯蒂只有12岁。
You've got a son about that age, don't you?
你有个儿子也差不多岁数,是不是?
Did you know Tom Dunleavy?
你认识汤姆·邓利维吗?
What is this?
这是干嘛?
He worked for Dunbrooke Development Group.
他在德博鲁克发展组织工作。
Why are you asking me these questions?
你们为什么要问我这些问题?
You posted Dunbrooke on your website.
你把德博鲁克的信息发布到你的网站
My website?
我的网站?
Look, I came down here voluntarily
听着我是自愿到这里的
because I was told you needed help with a L.U.S.T. Related fire.
因为我听说,你们需要帮助涉及地下储藏罐泄漏的火灾。
Three fires
三场大火
three families
三个家庭
three fathers
三个父亲
who worked for companies posted on your EDF website.
都为你们组织的网站上发布的公司工作。
All burned to death.
都被烧死。
You worked for these companies, every one on your list.
你为这些公司工作过每一个都在你名单上。
Are you accusing me of a crime?
你在指控我犯罪吗?
What do you think?
你认为呢?
Mr. Abby, I support your cause.
艾比先生我能理解你的出发点。
But I reject these methods.
但我不同意你的方式。
I don't know what cause or methods you're referring to.
我不知道你是指什么出发点和方式。
You created the site,
你建立了网站,
you posted the list, you're the leader of the EDF.
发布名单你是地球保卫先锋组织的首领。
Well, if you could prove that, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?
那么,如果你能证明的话,我们就不用谈了,对吗?
Mr. Abby, people are dying.
艾比先生有人为此丧生
Children, Mr. Abby.
孩子们,艾比先生
We know EDF's strategy has always supported violence.
我们知道你们组织的政策是一直支持暴力的
I'm asking you, has EDF's strategy changed?
我问你你们组织的政策有没有改变?
No. It hasn't.
不。没有。
He could barely look at this.
他几乎不看这个。
A serial arsonist wouldn't be able to peel his eyes away.
一个连环纵火犯的眼睛一定会紧盯着这一切。
He's hiding something.
他隐瞒了什么。
More than just his support for the EDF.
而不单只是支持他的组织。
Hey, it occurred to me
嘿,我突然想到
if all I knew about the EDF was that they went around burning down SUV dealerships
如果我对这个组织的了解只是他们跑去SUV汽车交易商
and housing developments
和房屋发展商那里纵火
well, that's a common misconception.
那是个普遍的误解
That's my point.
我就是想说这个。
What if our profile is right
如果我们的侧写是对的
and the UNSUB held the same misconception?
而不明嫌疑犯对此有同样的误解?
He wants to fit in,
他想溶入人群,
he wants people around him to appreciate what he does,
他想让他周围的人感激他所做的,
isn't it possible that the UNSUB joined the EDF thinking
不明嫌疑犯加入地球保护先锋不就很可能是因为他觉得
it was an arsonist's club?
这是一个纵火犯俱乐部?
Sure. That's possible.
当然这是可能的。
If we give Abby our UNSUB's profile could he help us identify him?
如果我们把不明嫌疑犯的侧写告知艾比他能不能帮我们指认出来?
We can't give Abby the profile,
我们不能把侧写内容告诉艾比,
not until we find out what he's hiding.
在我们查到他到底隐瞒了什么之前。
Still, it seems Abby's our best chance of finding the UNSUB.
目前为止,艾比仍是我们能找到不明嫌疑犯的最好机会。
You want Abby or the ex-wife?
你想要去会艾比还是他前妻?
Abby.
艾比。
At berkeley 20 years ago,
20年前在伯克利的时候,
Evan was a different person.
埃文是个跟现在不一样的人。
In every way.
各方面都是。
Warm, funny, honest.
他热情风趣诚实。
Even naive.
甚至单纯。
What happened?
发生了什么事?
We had school loans,
我们有学校贷款,
I got pregnant
我怀孕了
his job
他的工作
Evan was an environmental consultant.
埃文曾经是个环境顾问。
Builder's hired him to help them clean up their sites.
建造商们请他去清理场地。
Make sure they were up to EPA code.
确认符合环保条例。
Evan thought they hired him to do the right thing.
埃文认为他们是雇他做正确的事情。
Did he? No.
是吗?不。
Developers don't care about mercury in the groundwater.
发展商并不在意地下水里有汞。
They just want to pass inspection as fast and cheap as possible.
他们只想尽快通过检验尽量省钱。
He had a budget,
他有预算,
it was never enough,
但总是不够,
but they didn't care how he spent it,
但他们不在乎他如何使用这些钱,
as long as they passed inspection.
只要他们通过检验就好。
Well, how did Evan deal with that?
那么,埃文是怎么处理的?
He drank.
他喝酒。
It got bad.
越来越糟糕。
How bad?
有多糟糕?
I thought he might hurt himself.
我觉得他可能伤害到自己。
I didn't know if he could live with it.
我不知道他能不能撑过去。
How's his relationship with your son liam?
他和你儿子利亚姆的关系怎么样?
He doesn't have one.
他毫不关心。
I had to threaten to take him to court to get him to pay child support.
我必须威胁他要告他,他才给儿子抚养费。
Must've either scared the hell out of him or really pissed him off.
一定是吓坏他了或是真的惹怒了他。
Why's that?
为什么?
Because every sunday night for the past 9 months
因为过去9个月的每个星期天晚上
he tosses $2,000 cash through the mail slot.
他就会在邮箱里塞进两千美元现金。
He left long before I threw him out.
我赶走他之前他就离开了。
I don't know.
我不知道。
I will.
我会的。
But I promise I'm going to give it to you.
但我保证我会补偿给你。
Ok.
好的。
I love you, too.
我也爱你。
Everything ok?
一切安好?
Yeah.
是的。
You know, for a guy claiming to be innocent,
你知道吗?这个人说自己无辜,
he's acting pretty guilty.
他的表现却显得有罪。
I never underestimate the effect being confronted by the FBI will have on a suspect.
我从来不会低估面对FBI对一个犯罪嫌疑人所造成的影响。
I don't think he's effected,
我不认为他受影响了,
I think he's freaked out.
我觉得他吓坏了。
In the time we've been watching him,
我们监视他的这段时间里,
he's packed his belongings into cardboard boxes,
他辞职了,
hit his attorney's office and four banks.
去会见律师,进过四家银行。
It does look like he's getting ready to run.
看起来他不像准备逃跑。
The question is, what do we do?
问题是我们要做什么?
For now, nothing.
现在什么都不做。
We just watch.
就是观察。
All those people?
所有那些人?
No booze or music?
没有酒会和音乐?
That's either a very lame going away party or an EDF meeting.
不是糟糕的告别晚会,就是在开地球保卫先锋会。
We need to set surveillance up. Grab your camera.
我们得设置监视把你的摄像机拿出来。
Where should I set up?
设置在哪里?
Right here.
就这里。
If he's hiding something,
他在隐瞒些东西,
we don't have a warrant,
我们没有搜查令,
we don't have supplies,
我们没有设备,
you want to intimidate him.
你想要吓吓他。
I want another chance to find out what he's hiding.
我想借另一次机会找出他到底在隐藏些什么。
Ok.
好的。
Smile, everybody.
大家笑一笑。
It looks like intimidation worked.
似乎威吓起作用了。
So what is it with you?
你们想怎么样?
Shoving a bunch of dead kids in my face wasn't enough?
在我眼前展示一堆死去的孩子的照片还不够吗?
Thought I needed a little harassment, too?
觉得我也需要一点骚扰?
It's over, all right?
都完了好吗?
I denounced the fires and the people responsible for them,
我声讨火灾谴责对此负责的人,
and I just disbanded the EDF.
并且解散了地球保卫先锋组织。
If the EDF had nothing to do with the fires,
如果这个组织和火灾没关系,
why would you disband?
你为什么要解散它?
Do you have kids, Agent Hotchner?
你有孩子吗,霍奇纳探员?
I have a son like you.
我跟你一样有个儿子
Good. Then I'm gonna tell you this,
很好。那么我要告诉你,
one father to another.
父亲对父亲。
I started the EDF for my son.
我为我的儿子而建立这个组织。
And yours.
还有你的儿子。
Not to have some other guy's son burn to death.
而不是让别人的儿子被烧死。
Hope your pictures come out.
希望你的照片照出效果。
Prentiss, does he look like he weighs 185 to you?
普伦蒂斯你看他像有185磅吗?
165, maybe.
可能有165磅。
Why would he hold a meeting when he knew we were watching?
他为什么会在我们监视的时候开会?
He wanted us to see it.
他想要我们看到。
He wanted to make sure that we saw him trying to do the right thing.
他想确定我们看到他在试着做正确的事。
You don't believe him?
你不相信他?
I don't know.
我不知道。
He seemed pretty angry for a guy who's trying to do the right thing.
对于一个想做正确事情的人他看起来太恼怒了。
That's why we need to get those photos to Garcia.
所以我们要把照片给加西亚。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Either he's angry because he's guilty of a wrongdoing,
无论他生气是因为做了坏事而感到羞愧,
or he's angry because his attempts to do the right thing with the EDF have gotten people killed,
还是因为他试着和他的组织做好事却导致有人遇害,
but either way the arsonist was here tonight.
无论是哪个原因纵火犯今晚都在这。
Yeah, I'll show you a sick, deranged coward,
是让我给你看到一个病态的疯狂的懦夫,
you ignorant son of a bitch.
你这个无知的混蛋。
Deranged coward.
疯狂的懦夫。
I'll show you a deranged coward.
我要让你看到一个疯狂的懦夫。
The victim was a CPA.
被害人是注册会计师。
Greg Ballou, 39, white, 6-feet, handsome.
格雷格·巴卢,39岁,六英尺高的英俊白人。
He was talking to his fiancee on his cell when it happened.
事故发生时他正用手机跟未婚妻通电话。
This kerosene is the same exact type used in the other fires.
这种煤油和其他几场火灾所用的是同一类。
Well, Hotch had Abby under surveillance at the time of the attack,
在袭击发生的时候,霍奇正在监视艾比,
so we know Abby's not the UNSUB.
那么艾比并不是不明嫌疑犯。
Witnesses put the gold sedan here,
目击证人说金色轿车在这里,
so we know this is our guy.
那么我们知道这个就是作案者。
And given that the attack occurred less than 30 minutes
鉴于袭击发生于地球保护先锋会议结束后的
after the EDF meeting and Abby's house is less than a mile from here.
30分钟内而艾比的家离这里不到一英里。
Chances are the UNSUB was at Abby's house.
不明嫌疑犯很可能去过艾比的家。
He parked some distance away and walked.
他把车停在一定距离以外然后步行。
This victim wasn't even connected to the EDF list.
死者甚至跟地球保护先锋组织的名单没有关系。
He was just a guy who looked like he had a nice life like the others.
他跟其他人一样像个过着幸福生活的男人。
The UNSUB didn't go into a house,
不明嫌疑犯没有进屋,
he barely even got out of his car.
他几乎没有下车。
There was no planning whatsoever. Why?
目标不在计划之中为什么?
He's evolving.
他的犯罪升级了。
He's doing it fast.
作案速度快了。
He's smarter than that.
他更聪明了。
This was random, impulsive, adolescent.
这是随机的冲动的而且未经考虑。
Like a tantrum.
就像发脾气。
He's got displaced aggression.
他采取了转向攻击。
He listens to Abby denounce him and his work,
他听到艾比谴责他和他的行为,
it enrages him,
这激怒了他,
and so that's the trigger.
这就是触发点。
UNSUB lashes out immediately.
不明嫌疑犯马上回击。
Well, if he was at Abby's we have him on camera.
那么如果他在艾比那里我们就拍到了他。
It's just a matter of time before Garcia has a suspect list.
加西亚列出嫌疑人名单只是时间问题。
He's evolving too rapidly.
他发展得太快了。
He's gonna attack again soon.
他很快会再次袭击。
We're gonna have to trust this Abby guy with the profile.
我们得相信艾比把侧写情况告诉他。
Let's go.
走吧。
He's leaving, but not the way we thought.
他正要离开但不是我们想的那样。
What do you mean?
什么意思?
He's seeing his oncologist.
他在看肿瘤医生。
Ohh, god.
噢,天哪。
It makes sense.
这就说得过去了。
The banks,
银行,
the attorney.
律师。
He's putting his affairs in order.
把一切安排就绪。
Yeah.
是的。
Which one is your son?
哪个是你儿子?
Catcher.
接球手。
Does he know you're here?
他知道你在这吗?
I think so, but we have an arrangement.
我想他知道但我们有个约定。
What's that?
是什么?
We both pretend I'm not.
我们都装作我不在。
I'm sorry.
对不起。
How long do you have?
你还有多少日子?
6 months would be a miracle.
能活六个月就算是奇迹。
And you haven't told anyone?
你对谁都没说?
No.
没有。
It's leukemia.
是白血病。
Lust can be lethal.
地下储存罐泄漏是致命的。
I started the EDF right after I was diagnosed.
确诊得病之后我创办了"地球保护先锋"。
How did you know?
你怎么知道的?
My father, when I was in high school
我还在上高中的时候
everyone knew he had affairs
人人都知道我父亲有了外遇
even my mother... but nobody talked about it,
连我母亲也知道……不过大家都闭口不谈,
so I decided to confront him.
我就打算和他来个当面对峙。
And I followed him,
我一直跟踪看着他,
the lawyer's, the doctor's
去见律师见医生
the banks, the weight-loss,
去银行,体重下降
and it all came back.
我才知道
He had lung cancer.
原来是得了肺癌。
Well, you know what benzene is?
嗯,你知道苯是什么东西吗?
I know it causes cancer.
我知道它能导致癌症。
Leukemia.
导致白血病。
It's also highly flammable.
高度易燃。
They kept it in underground tanks.
通常贮藏在地下储存罐中。
It's expensive to clean up...
要想完全清除代价不菲……
cheaper to hide.
填埋的成本相对低一些。
My specialty.
恰好是我的专长。
Most of the properties were zoned "CR",
绝大部分的地产都被划在"CR"区,
commercial-restricted warehouses where nobody worked,
即限制商用都是些空关的仓库,
so what's the harm, right?
这样就没什么危害,对吧?
I just found out that one of those jobs was sold and rezoned "ES".
我刚发现其中的一处被出售了并且被分到了"ES"区。
Elementary school.
即小学。
And you didn't report it?
你没有报警吗?
I report it,
我报了,
they come after me
他们却盯着我查
and I leave nothing for my son.
我什么也不能为儿子留下。
That's why I started the EDF,
这就是我创办"地球保护先锋"的原因,
the L.U.S.T. List.
统计泄漏的地下储存罐情况。
I was trying to do the right thing.
我只是努力做正确的事。
You still can.
现在还为时不晚。
I don't know who he is.
我不知道他是谁。
He was at your house last night
昨晚他就在你家
and he was angry.
并且气愤不已。
Everybody was angry last night,
昨晚人人都火气十足,
they were furious that I shut it all down.
我说要解散组织他们全气极了。
He was angry for a different reason.
可他不是为此而愤怒。
What you said enraged him.
你说的的确招他恨。
But he's a coward, he wouldn't confront you.
可他是个懦夫,不敢和你当面对峙。
He was probably the only one who wasn't angry at the time.
很有可能当时只有他不那么生气。
He didn't express anything
没有任何表态
until after he left.
直到离开你家。
Vincent Stiles.
文森特·斯泰尔斯。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Vincent Stiles.
文森特·斯泰尔斯。
Abby's leaving, keep a trail on him
艾比走了,盯住他
until we have Stiles just to be sure.
别让他出事等我们抓到斯泰尔斯为止。
Copy that. I have Abby.
知道了我跟着艾比。
Clear.
没有人。
Gideon, he's not here.
吉迪恩他不在这儿。
He got the company names from the EDF website,
他从"地球保护先锋"的网站上得知公司名称,
then he watched the offices until he found employees that suited his taste.
然后一直观察办公室直到发现合自己口味的公司职员。
He just left.
他刚走。
A neighbor saw him leave.
有邻居见他离开的。
He's a pharmaceutical sales rep,
他是一名医药销售代表,
he's been living here since his divorce six weeks ago.
六周前离婚后就一直在此居住。
That's the stressor.
正是离婚刺激到了他。
Yeah, talk to me.
嗯,跟我说说。
Yeah, I'll let him know.
好的,我告诉他。
What?
怎么了?
Abby shook the tail we had on him.
艾比摆脱了我们的跟踪。
Bet you were afraid I wasn't coming, huh?
你一定担心我不来吧?
Look.
听着。
Those things that I said about you
我说的那些关于你的事情
I'm sorry.
很抱歉。
I had to say them.
我也是不得已。
I know you're an artist.
我知道你是个艺术家。
A genius.
是个天才。
I appreciate your true value.
我欣赏你的真正价值。
So what, you just came here to apologize?
什么意思你就是过来道个歉吗?
No, I came here because I respect your talent.
不,我来这儿是因为尊重你的才华。
And I want to take full advantage of it.
并想好好地利用你的才华。
Garcia checked Abby's phone records,
加西亚查了艾比的通话记录,
and he called Stiles right after I left him.
我一离开他就给斯泰尔斯打了电话。
Well, you saw someone Abby identified with.
你见到了艾比指认的人
I catch killers, I save lives, I'm a hero,
我抓住凶手,救人性命简直就是英雄,
until my key hits my front door,
直到用钥匙开启家门,
and then I'm just the father and the husband who's never there.
那一刻起我只是一个从未经历过那一切的父亲和丈夫。
I got that one.
我能理解。
Here's the thing.
听我说。
When I'm home,
每每当我回到家,
I'm in this silent panic
都感到自己身处无声的恐慌之中
because I know that I have to be as good as I can as fast as I can,
因为我明白自己必须做到最好必须尽快完成每一件事
because any minute the phone is gonna ring and my time is up,
因为电话随时都可能响起这种天伦之乐随时有可能被画上句点
and that panic is exactly what I saw in Abby.
而现在艾比身上无时不透着这种恐慌。
Good. You're Abby.
很好。你现在就是艾比。
You're a dead man walking, you gotta make this right.
已经走到生命尽头一定要做出正确的选择。
You have no time left, how do you do it?
自己剩下的时间不多了,你会怎么做?
Come on, don't think about it, you know the answer. What is it?
快点别仔细琢磨你知道答案的你会怎么做?
I'd stop him.
我会阻止他。
How?
怎么阻止?
I'd burn him.
烧死他。
The same way he killed them.
如同他烧死受害者一样。
I'd do it where nobody could get hurt.
我要在一个不会伤及他人的地方下手。
Which is why I would call it in first.
这就是先打电话给他的理由。
We got a 9-1-1 anonymous tip for a fire in the harbor district.
911接到匿名线报说港口区域有火情。
Is it a warehouse?
是仓库吗?
Yeah. 6000 San Alameda.
是的。圣阿拉米达6000号。
Can you call Garcia? She's right here.
能打电话给加西亚吗?她就在这里。
Hey, Garcia, can you check the zoning code on a warehouse at 6000 San Alameda?
嘿,加西亚能不能查查圣阿拉米达6000号仓库的区域代码?
Yeah, I certainly can.
好的,当然可以。
The SFPD chopper circled the harbor twice.
旧金山警方已派直升机两次在港口上方巡视。
There's no sign of fire.
没有起火的迹象。
Ok, 6000 San Alameda is a commercial storage facility.
好的,圣阿拉米达6000号是一处商用贮藏设施。
But it looks like the property was just sold
不过似乎这处地产已被出售了
and the lot was approved for zone conversion.
这一区域的代码也被批准更换。
"CR" to "ES".
将CR更换为ES。
Yeah, that's right.
嗯,那就对了。
"CR", commercial, what's "ES"?
CR指“限制商用”,ES指什么?
Elementary school, and there's a leaking benzene tank underneath it.
“小学”那里的地下还有一个泄漏的苯储存罐。
It's not a false alarm.
并不是假警报。
But there's no fire there.
但是没有起火啊。
There's about to be.
马上就会有了。
I started without you.
我没等你就开始了。
This is how you do it, right?
你就是这么做的对吧?
Well, fire's a fire.
嗯,火就是火啊。
Once it gets going, it don't matter.
一烧起来就任由它去吧。
That's not...
其实不……
that's not really true, though, is it?
其实不是这样的对吗?
I don't know what you're talking about.
真不明白你在说什么。
There's something missing from this scenario, don't you think?
这个精彩的故事似乎还缺了点什么你说呢?
I'm sorry, you lost me.
对不起,你把我搞糊涂了。
The innocent family.
那些无辜的家庭。
You know, the victims.
你懂的,那些受害者。
That's what the suit's for, right?
才是你穿这身制服的目的对吗?
So you can see the terror on their faces as they burn?
他们在火中挣扎你不会没看见他们惊恐的表情吧?
But of course, then, you're here to kill me, right?
不过当然了,你到这儿来就是要干掉我吧?
You're dead right.
被你言中了。
We can't put a benzene fire out with water.
苯的燃烧不能用水扑灭。
All water does is spread it around,
水只能扩大火势,
it burns too hot.
那样燃烧更加剧烈。
Contaminates the ground table.
会污染到平地层。
So we'll let it burn.
所以我们只能让它烧下去。
We exhaust the fuel.
耗尽燃料。
All we can do is cordon it off, stop it from spreading,
唯一能做的只有隔离这一区域防止火势扩散,
and let the benzene burn out.
等到苯也燃烧殆尽。
Do you understand?
明白了么?
Yeah, I got it.
嗯,我知道了。
Does Hotchner?
霍奇纳探员明白吗?
Yeah, what's up?
嗯,什么事?
Don't put me on speaker.
别用免提。
Just listen.
听我说就好。
Well, you know, you can go ahead and shoot me,
你尽可以无所顾忌地一枪毙了我,
and then you set this place off like a bomb.
这样就会把这儿一起引爆像炸弹爆炸一样。
No?
不敢?
you know, this suit can handle over 1,500 degrees.
要知道这衣服可以抵御1500度的高温。
Benzene burns so fast,
而苯燃烧迅速,
I won't go through half my air before it goes out.
等它烧完我的氧气还用不了一半。
Oh, you won't even go through that much.
喔你连一半氧气都不需要。
See, benzene burns at twice that.
苯燃烧需要的氧气就是你瓶里的两倍。
What are you doing?
你到底想做什么?
The right thing.
做正确的事情。
Why?
为什么?
You didn't know any of those people.
你根本就不认识那些人。
Neither did you!
你也不认识!
This fire will spread!
一旦起火就难以控制了!
Fire department's on its way.
消防救援队马上就到。
They can't fight a benzene fire.
苯类起火是扑不灭的。
They'll contain it.
他们会加以控制。
Seriously, what...
说正经的你……
how do you plan on getting out of here?
你打算怎么从这儿逃出去?
I don't.
我没打算出去。
...6000 block of San Alameda
圣阿拉米达6000号建筑发生火情
Morgan, what are you doing?
摩根你这是干吗?
Hotch, it's too late, man, I'm sorry.
霍奇来不及了,伙计对不起。
Hotch...stop!
霍奇别去了!
Stop, stop!
别去别去了!
He's burning to death and we're just gonna stand here?
他快要活活烧死了我们却在这儿干等着?
Look at it, man! It's over!
面对事实吧伙计!都结束了!
He wanted his death to mean something.
他想让自己死有所值。
I found this in Abby's car.
在艾比车里找到的。
Gandhi said, "live as if you were to die tomorrow.
甘地说过"如同明日将死那样生活
Learn as if you were to live forever."
如同永远不死那样求知"。
Here he is. Thanks.
他来了,谢谢。
Mom, what's going on?
妈妈,出什么事了?
It's ok, Liam.
没事的,利亚姆。
Liam?
利亚姆?
My name's Aaron.
我是亚伦。
I was a friend of your dad's.
是你爸爸的朋友。
I saw you with him at my practice.
我看到你和他一起来看我打球。
That's right.
没错。
You weren't at his funeral.
你没去参加他的葬礼。
I couldn't be there.
我当时无法脱身。
I had to be with my family.
必须和家人待在一起。
But I was thinking of him and you.
不过我当时仍想着他还有你。
Your dad asked me to give you this.
你爸爸让我把这个交给你。
Why you?
为什么让你给我?
I don't know.
不知道。
Maybe because I was young when my dad died.
大概因为我父亲去世的时候我也很年轻吧。
Anyway, you may have some questions some day,
你可能会有些什么问题想问问我
and, uh, please feel free to call me,
只管打我电话
I'll do everything I can to answer them.
我会尽我所能来给出回答.