I was the same way, bad things just happen.
我也是这样,坏事就这样发生了
No rhyme or reason.
没什么原因或理由
But, sometimes there is a reason, it's just not a reason you can see.
不过有的时候是有原因的,只是你没注意到
Umm, this is wonderful, you have to give me the recipe. Thank you.
真好吃,你可得把配方给我,谢谢夸奖
I may not see the air is polluted,
我或许没注意到空气被污染了
but that doesn't mean it's not.
但并不意味着没被污染
I may not see the poison in the ground
我或许没注意到土壤里的有害物质
but it's still there.
但它就在那
I went to Alicia because we didn't cause this Laurie
我找艾丽西娅,因为这不是我们的错,劳里
this was done to us.
他们对我们犯下了罪行
So, do you have any questions?
有什么问题吗
Who else signed up?
还有谁参加
The pesticides were buried here and here.
农药被埋在这里,还有这里
A hundred and two families affected in all.
受影响的总共有102户
I've spoken to half so far
目前我和其中一半谈过了
and I'll speak to the rest by the end of the week.
这周内我会和剩下的家庭都谈一次
And what happens if I do sign?
如果我签名入伙会怎样
Then we'll bring suit to J&L Pesticides
我们会对JNL农药公司提起诉讼
they were negligent.
他们有疏忽
They could have disposed of their Chlorodine reserves properly.
他们本该正确处理贮存的农药
Instead, they buried them near your groundwater.
然而,他们却直接将之埋在你们的地下水附近
This won't cost you anything. My firm only makes money if we are successful.
你们不用出钱,我们律所只在胜诉的情况下收费
You can come.
请你来一下
I wanted three girls.
我本想要三个女孩
I was an only child and I wanted noise in the house...
我是独女,所以我希望家里能热闹些
lots of noise.
非常热闹
I'm twenty-six years old and I will never have a baby.
我才26岁却不可能有孩子了
Never.
永远不可能
Are you a mom? Yes I am
你做母亲了吗,是的
If you're planning to sue these people,
如果你要起诉这些人
I'll do whatever you want I'll testify whatever you want, cry whenever you want
我会尽力配合,要我作证或者哭泣都可以
but it's not for the money.
但不是为了钱
I want them to know that they hurt me.
我要他们知道他们伤害了我
OK? OK.
好吗,好的
Would you excuse me?
抱歉,我接个电话
She's a good one. I know.
她是个有力的证人,我知道
Yeah? How's it going?
喂,进展如何
Good but slow. Everybody's wary here.
不错,但是进展缓慢,大家都很谨慎
They'll climb aboard when they smell the money.
闻到钱的香味,他们会抢着签约的
I don't think so. It's a conservative neighborhood.
我不这么看,这个社区相当保守
They don't like lawyers.
他们不喜欢律师
That's why I sent you.
所以我才派你去
We got the preliminary report back of the core samples.
我们拿到了核心样本的初步检测报告
It's looking like this could reach pretty high.
看来赔偿金额会相当高
$55 million. You're kidding.
得有5500万,开玩笑呢
Nope. You're going to change a lot of lives out there.
没,你会改变那里很多人的生活的
Just keep signing them up. Call me when you're done.
继续跟他们签约,搞定了给我打电话
What did she say?
她说什么
She said we're good.
她说情况不错
How sweet. You two have made up.
真甜蜜啊,你们俩和好了
Isn′t it adorable? So, are you on board?
太有爱了,那件事,你入伙吗
If it means getting Bond out, I am.
如果这意味着把邦德赶出去,那我入伙
Otherwise, I am out the door headed to another firm.
否则我就另找律所了
It's about getting Bond out.
正是要把邦德赶出去
There's only one way to replace a name partner--
只有一个办法把冠名合伙人赶出去
a majority vote of the equity partners.
股权合伙人投票占多数
The next partner meeting is Friday.
下一次合伙人会议是周五
Bond thinks I'm on his side, so he won't expect anything.
邦德以为我跟他一伙,所以他不会有所准备
And then Diane asks for and end-of-the-meeting good faith vote.
戴安到时候会提出要投票
Bond will think I'm just being spiteful.
邦德会以为我只是怀恨在心
So he won't have time to line up his troops.
所以他不会来得及集结军队
And you have the votes?
你们有足够的选票?
Well, we have my people, Will's people and yours, right?
有我的人,威尔的人,还有你的人,对吗
Family Law's? Sure, they're ready to lynch him.
家庭法律部?肯定的,他们恨不得干掉这黑鬼
An unfortunate choice of words.
没有更好的词了
We need to get Julius into this
我们得把朱利叶斯拉入伙
so it doesn't look like the racist white partners...
要不然像是种族歧视的白人合伙人...
Oh, please.
哦,得了吧
What do you mean, oh, please?
"得了吧"是什么意思
I'm worried we're soft on four votes:
我对四票没有把握
Wolf, Adams, Howard, Neka.
沃尔夫,亚当斯,霍华德,妮卡
Minus those four votes,
少了这四票
we're short of a majority.
我们就不占多数了
So we get them back on the reservation.
那么我们得把他们拉回我们的保留区
Back on the reservation?
拉回保留区?
Isn't Neka half Cherokee?
妮卡有印第安人血统?
Look, the only thing equity partners care about is year-end bonuses.
听着,合伙人们在意的只有年终分红
So we need to give them a piece of this new class action.
所以要让他们在这次集体诉讼中分一杯羹
$55 million is a lot of incentive.
5500万美金可是很有激励作用的
Are you sure the $55 million is real?
5500万真的能到手么
It's a consent form, Julie.
这是一份许可表格,朱莉
Just a formality for the court.
只是为了法庭上走个程序
I like you, Mrs. Florrick.
我喜欢你,福瑞克夫人
But that was my friend Gail on the phone.
刚才来电话的是我的朋友盖尔
She thinks I should listen
她认为我决定之前
to this other lawyer before I decide.
该听听另一个律师的意见
What other lawyer?
哪有别的律师
At Annette's house.
在安妮塔家里
Right now?
现在就在?
Do you mind if we tag along?
介意我们跟着去看看吗
Looks like we have competition.
看来我们有对手了
I don't know who it is.
我还不知道是谁
False alarm.
警报解除了
The other firm sent a car and driver.
另一家律所还派来了林肯轿车和司机
Talk about tone-deaf.
他们真是不懂这里的居民
This community's gonna hate him.
这个社区会讨厌他的
I just don't like the feeling we're being exploited, that's all.
我就是不喜欢这种被利用的感觉
There are a lot of lawyers out there
外面有好多律师在排着队
just looking to make a quick buck.
就等着迅速地捞上一笔
But I know what it's like to be exploited.
我知道被利用是什么样的感觉
People see you as a victim, and they want to use that.
人们认定你是受害人,于是想要利用你
They don't see pain
他们无视痛苦
unless it's something that can packaged and sold.
因为痛苦无法打包出售
Look at me.
看看我
Oh, hi, Julie, Rosanna.
嗨,朱莉,罗珊娜
And Mrs. Florrick.
还有福瑞克夫人
She asked if she could drop by, too.
她问我能不能顺路过来
Now, now, don't want any lawyer fights in here.
律师们可别打架啊
No, no. Mrs. Florrick and I are old friends.
没事,福瑞克夫人和我是老相识了
Aren't we? We are.
不是吗,没错
Louis was just telling us he has...
路易斯正谈到他的...
Tardive dyskinesia.
迟发性运动障碍
It's a neurological syndrome.
是一种神经系统疾病
If you see me moving like this or like this,
如果你看到我像这样,或者这样
don't think Ms. Florrick has me worried.
别以为是福瑞克夫人让我有压力了
In fact, I'm glad Alicia's here.
实际上,我很高兴艾丽西娅来了
I know I should probably be telling you
或许我该告诉你们
she's the devil incarnate,
她是恶魔的化身
and her firm is going to screw up your class action,
她的律所肯定会搞砸你们的集体诉讼
but we're both very capable lawyers,
但实际上我们都是很有能力的律师
and I think you should just go with the firm
我想你们应该选择
that you think has your best interests at heart.
真正以你们利益为重的律所
And who is your firm these days, Mr. Canning?
你现在在哪个律所高就,坎宁先生?
Well, that would be me.
那就是坎宁律所了
I'm it. One employee.
整个律所就我一个人
Low overhead.
节省经费
This crumb cake is incredible.
这个糖粉蛋糕真是太棒了
And the town car and driver outside,
外边那辆林肯轿车
who pays his salary?
是谁雇来的
I guess I do.
大概是我吧
I... I can't drive anymore.
我不能开车了
I wish I could, but...
我很想开,可是...
I need that, to have a driver.
我不得不雇一个司机
That's okay.
没事的
My brother was in an accident last year.
去年我哥哥遭遇了车祸
A taxi ran over his leg. He can't drive either.
出租车碾过了他的双腿,他也不能开车了
That's terrible.
太可怕了
This is what I love about
我就喜欢这样
coming into homes like this-- is the acceptance.
来到这样的家庭,充满了包容
This is what America has more than any other country--
这正是美国远远优于别国的地方
acceptance.
包容
So you're working for the pesticide industry now.
现在你开始为农药公司工作了
Why would you say that?
何出此言
History.
你的过去
Last time we met,
上次我们遇上时
you gloated about helping big pharmaceutical.
你帮制药公司打赢官司,还幸灾乐祸
Yes, and you defended the wife-killer Colin Sweeny.
是的,而你曾为杀妻凶手科林·斯威尼辩护
So you save JNL money by stealing our class action
你是打算抢走我们的集体诉讼案
and negotiating a lowball settlement.
以低价达成和解帮JNL公司省钱
Very smart.
真聪明
Mrs. Florrick, you seem like such a nice woman on the outside,
福瑞克夫人,从外表看您非常美丽
and then I get this glimpse of the darkness within.
但我却瞥见你内心深处的邪恶
You're going to have
这次你可得
to try harder this time around. I'm on to you.
加把劲了,我盯上你了
It helped you in there.
刚才你干得好
They loved it when you attacked my car.
跟他们说我坐名车,厉害
There can only be one class action.
案子就一个,我要跟你抢嘛
Yes. I'll see you in court.
没错,等法官决定吧
No! No! Yes. Just consider it foreplay.
别接别接,要接的,你就当是前戏
Well, then you have to find it.
下次先把你手机藏起来
Yeah, what's up?
喂,怎么了
Oh, I have this deposition...
人家都准备好了
Then there's this continuance... Well, don't worry about it.
你居然喊延期审理,别担心
The judge will never...
法官才不会...
No, no.
别去,别去
All right, I'll be right in.
好,我就来
You know what I think? I think you're gay.
知道吗,我猜你是同性恋
I think your gay lover phones every time
我们每次做爱前
we're about to have sex and calls you away.
你的基友就来电话调虎离山
Oh, yeah?
是吗
I'll have you two over for dinner sometime.
那下次咱仨吃顿饭
All rise.
全体起立
Good morning. And welcome.
早上好,欢迎
Uh, before we begin today,
不过开始之前
I want to remind everybody about the... blood drive.
我想提醒各位,积极献血
I don't want to hand down any declarations,
我不想强迫各位
but blood supplies are low,
但血库存量不足
so I leave it to you and your conscience.
希望各位自愿自觉
Now, I understand that we have a disagreement
好了,听说这件集体诉讼案
over a class certification.
代理权有点小纠纷
Ms. Lockhart, you are looking formidable today?
洛克哈特女士,志在必得啊
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
We represent the community of Fallstrom
我们希望代表福斯姆社区
in their suit against JNL Pesticides,
向JNL农药公司提起诉讼
over a recent infertility and miscarriage cluster,
为其所导致的大批不孕与流产索赔
and we're asking you to certify our class.
希望您能批准
And yet there seems to be an overlapping contention.
但还有另一方意图代理
Mr. Canni-Canning, is it?
坎,坎宁先生是吗
Yes, Your Honor.
是的,法官大人
Hello.
您好
Hi. Being new to your court,
你好,初次见面
I should probably explain a few things.
我可能要解释几件事
This movement that you see,
我会做些滑稽的动作
I have a syndrome called Tardive Dyskinesia,
是因为我患有迟发性运动障碍
and it results in these uncontrollable movements.
身体不听使唤
That's good to know.
我知道了
My sister-in-law suffers from Huntington's.
我嫂子患有亨廷顿氏舞蹈症
Huntington's. Oh, my gosh.
亨氏症,天啊
Yes, it requires a bravery that I couldn't imagine.
对,非常考验人的意志
I commend you, sir, for even being in this court.
您还能坚持上庭,我向您致敬
Oh, no, please...
不不,过奖了
One foot in front of the other.
只不过是一步一步走来的
I very much doubt that. Oh, dear God.
对你来说也不容易,老天啊
And so you want to represent this class, is that right?
你也想代理这起集体诉讼吗
Yes, I've signed up several of the neighbors in Fallstrom,
是的,我已经和许多居民签约
and I believe I'll be
我很自信
the strongest advocate in the case against JNL.
我会打好这起官司
Your Honor,
法官大人
until very recently, Mr. Canning was in-house counsel
坎宁先生曾任MRG医药公司的法律顾问
at MRG Pharmaceuticals.
近期才离职
For the last eight years,
过去的八年中
he successfully defeated class actions
他曾多次在此类集体诉讼中为该公司辩护
identical to this one.
使之无需赔款
It is our contention that he is a Trojan horse
我们有理由怀疑,他是被告方的特洛伊木马
helping to certify this class in order to destroy it.
想釜底抽薪,以规避赔款
So, Mr. Canning, is that true?
坎宁先生,是这样吗
Are you a Trojan horse?
你是传说中的木马吗
Well, I definitely like being compared to anyone in Homer.
能被比作荷马史诗中的任何一人我都感到荣幸
But, no, sir.
但我不是木马
For the last eight years, it's true,
没错,过去的八年里
I have worked against people like Lockhart & Gardner
我常与索赔方唱对台戏
and worked to demolish class actions like this one,
帮雇主抵挡集体索赔案
and I was paid handsomely for it.
我确实获利颇丰
But six months ago I quit.
但半年前我辞职了
I sold my stock options and I went out on my own
我卖掉了股份,自立门户
because I saw the error of my ways.
浪子回头,痛改前非
I'm here representing myself as an advocate for this class
这次我为索赔方代理
precisely because I used to be on the other side.
正是因为我曾助纣为虐
Well, uh, I can only certify one class,
我只能批准一家代理
so the members of the losing class
那么落选方所签的客户
will join the ranks of the winning
将划归获选方
and the losing lawyers... or lawyer
而落选的律师团,落选的律师
will be dismissed.
则须退出此案
So, in four days time, i would like both law firms to return
那么四天后我们再见
and whichever has the most members in their class
谁签到的客户多
will be certified.
谁就获得代理权
That's, uh, that's all.
好,就这样吧
Oh, and don't forget, if you're a blood owner,
噢别忘了,有热血
become a... Blood donor.
就... 就献血
Where are we?
现在情况怎样
We're up by six households.
我们领先6户
Our life is numbers these days.
生死就看这几天了
Okay, $55 million depends on getting signatures,
多签客户,5500万就到手
so let's go.
抓紧吧
We're broke.
我们没钱了
We have cash on hand
还有些现金
for three staff members through the election.
能雇起三个人的竞选团队
Yeah, that's the story of my life.
我就这个命
Always recruited by the losing team.
谁的船快沉了,就来拉我陪游
Yes, but we're the underdogs; we're hard to dislike.
我们势弱,很值得同情
And why do I get the call?
那为什么找我
How have I shown myself deserving?
看上我哪点了
We heard you quit Eisner & Gowan, Wendy's polling firm.
听说你从温迪的民意调查公司辞职了
So we naturally assumed that you were unhappy.
你肯定是有不满
We need a cheap pollster,
我们想找个取费低廉的民调人
and we thought you'd like the chance to get back at them.
看到你闲着,就估计你想复工
Okay.
行
They were lying to her,
温迪的调查员谎报军情
telling her she had the youth vote sewn up.
让她以为拿下了年轻人的投票
And she doesn't? Mm-mmm.
其实没有? 没错
Are you saying that she's weak on the youth vote?
你的意思是,没什么年轻人投她
No. You're strong.
不是,是很多人投你
See, I was doing a focus group during the last debate.
上次辩论期间,我负责关键群体调查
You were just bumping along in the low 20s.
你在20岁以下组的支持率见涨
And then you swore, and -- boom.
骂了脏话后更是大涨
I mean, not with the 55-year-olds,
中老年人不买账
but the under 30s.
可年轻人特别支持你
It was like watching a baby chick's eyes open.
就像是看着雏儿们睁眼
You shot to low-70s and you stayed there.
支持率稳稳涨到百分之七十
Kids thought it was honest.
孩子们喜欢直白的
But it's the youth vote.
但孩子终究是孩子
Yeah, yeah, and they never show up, right?
没错,都懒得投票
Except... Yep.
除非,没错
The new ballot measure. Medical marijuana.
最近的全民表决,医用大麻
The youth vote is showing up to vote for Amendment 31.
年轻人会来支持第31条修正案
We need to stop running away from prison.
不能回避你坐牢的事了
See, Wendy gets points because she's black,
温迪是黑人,确实赚了同情
but she's like Donna Reed black.
但她太漂亮,太高端
You've been to prison.
你可坐过牢
And that makes you hardcore. Matt, come work for us.
比她酷多了,马特,来我们这吧
I don't know. I was liking daytime TV.
这个嘛,我喜欢看日间节目
Well, we're gonna put a nice big television in your office.
那就给你办公室装大电视
These are the houses Canning signed up.
红色是坎宁签的
And the blue ones are ours.
蓝色是我们的
So we are up seven households.
我们领先7户
Are they open to hearing about Canning's background?
他们想听坎宁的前科吗
Well, I have an ambassador in the neighborhood -Rosanna.
我在社区里有一位大使,罗珊娜
She says that people like Canning personally.
她说居民挺喜欢坎宁
But they are open to hearing about collusion.
但也愿意了解可能存在的串谋
A class action takes a lot of money.
集团诉讼开支很大
My guess is he's not bankrolling this himself.
幕后肯定有人给坎宁出钱
I'll look for ties to JNL.
我查查他和JNL的联系
Good. And you'll get back in the field.
很好,你继续游说吧
Quarterly partner meeting.
季度合伙人会议
Is something up?
有情况吗
Something's always up.
总有新情况
Thank you all.
谢谢各位
Good to have everyone here and healthy.
各位气色不错,我很高兴
And let's all applaud Philip.
先掌声恭喜菲利普吧
I heard twins.
抱了双胞胎
Good thing. That bought you a delay in the Diocese depo.
恭喜,加油生个足球队吧
Now for the current state of our big-ticket items...
最近的几件大案...
How is everything with the Fallstrom pesticide dump?
福斯姆社区农药污染案怎么样了
We're in process. Lining up our class.
正在逐户签约
Good. I heard there was a bump in certification.
挺好,听说代理不大顺利
Judge Abernathy.
阿伯内亚法官嘛
He's being -- as is his wont -- cautious.
一向比较谨慎
But we should know more by Tuesday.
不过周二就有结果了
Anything on your end, Derrick?
你那边怎么样,德里克
I guess now's as good a time as any.
现在时机合适
I just got the go-ahead to announce our newest client,
我介绍一下刚签的新客户
Americans for Growth.
美利坚成长促进会
A new bipartisan Super-Pac
对两党均有可观赞助
with guaranteed financing of $120 million.
有保障的资金就达1.2亿美元
Canning just leased a four-story brownstone on the Gold Coast.
坎宁在黄金海岸刚租了一栋四层高级公寓
20 grand a month.
月租两万块
Leased?
租的?
So he's only here temporarily?
他来这里是暂时的?
I'm checking.
我查查看
I'm also going to see if he cosigned his lease.
我还要看他的租约是不是有连署保证
Okay. Good job.
好,干得好
Sorry about that.
抱歉接了个电话
Hi. Are you the reporter that called?
你是打过电话的那个记者吗
Yeah. Is he in?
是的,他在吗
Uh, no, but he's gonna be right back.
不在,不过他很快就回来
Come in, though. Come in. Thanks.
不过请进吧,请进
He's been preparing all morning.
他准备了一早上
And you're his...?
你是他的...
Wife. Simone.
妻子,西蒙妮
And you are...?
你是...
Kalinda. Hi.
凯琳达,你好
Um, he said to make yourself at home
他说让你随意
and to answer any questions you had.
让我有问必答
You can leave your coat right here.
你可以把上衣放在这里
And I have some hummus and pita downstairs I'm going to get.
我还要去楼下拿豆沙和披塔饼
Thank you. Yeah.
谢谢,不客气
So tell me, how long have you two been married?
能说说你们结婚多久了吗
I don't think I'm gonna answer that one
我认为我不能回答那个
because I'll be showing my age.
因为会暴露我的年龄
Let's just say we were high school sweethearts.
就说我们是高中时期的恋人
So, is this more about work or home?
报道主要是关于工作还是家庭
Both really.
两者皆有
Okay, fire away.
好的,开始了
"Is his condition hard on us?"
"他的身体状况对我们有影响吗"
"Do I have to carry him down the stairs?"
"需要我背他下楼吗"
I'm sorry, I don't mean to...
抱歉,我意思不是...
You're not prying at all.
我不会当这是在乱打听
It's totally fine. We're used to it.
完全没关系,我们习惯了
No, no, no, guys.
不,不,不,孩子们
Can you just stay out of Daddy's office?
能不在爸爸的书房玩吗
Thank you. That's Jay and Bella.
谢谢,那是杰伊和贝拉
They're not used to these Chicago winters.
他们还不习惯芝加哥的冬天
Oh, can I get you a drink?
你想喝什么呢
Actually, could I use your bathroom, please?
实际上,我能用下洗手间吗
Sure, it's right there.
当然,就在那里
I'll be right back.
我很快回来
Sure. Okay.
当然,好的
Hello.
你好
Hi. I'm Kalinda.
我是凯琳达
So my wife says. Louis.
我妻子提过,叫我路易斯
Are you getting what you need?
得到你想要的了吗
Well, sort of,
差不多吧
but, I mean, anything you can help
不过,我是说,任何有助于
with this profile. Would be great.
简介的资料都行
Oh, it's okay.
没关系
I know there's no article.
我知道不会真有文章见报
I've been expecting you.
我期待着你的到来
Or someone like you.
或者像你这样的人来
Someone from Lockhart/Gardner.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所的人
So, are you finding what you're looking for?
找到你想要的东西了吗
I-I don't know.
我,不知道
What, what should I be looking for?
我应该,应该找什么吗
Something to use against me.
用来反对我的东西
You have, you have a nice brownstone.
你的高级公寓,不错
Yes, yes, I'm-I'm rich.
是,是,我,很富有
Guilty.
有负罪感
Gee, I think the concern is how you got rich.
我认为如何致富才重要
Oh, you mean from screwing the little man?
你是说压迫小人物们赚来的
More or less.
差不多
Oh, no, Woody Guthrie's crying.
不,伍迪·加斯里要哭了
You, um, you don't seem too bothered
看起来,我的到来
by my being here, do you?
并没有困扰到你,是吗
I'm only bothered by things I don't expect.
我只会被不期而至的事情困扰
Can I ask you a question?
我能问个问题吗
Do you think people can change?
你认为人会变吗
Do I?
我认为?
No, I don't.
不,不会
So, once a corporate lawyer, always a corporate lawyer?
一朝是法律顾问,永远都是法律顾问?
Well, I think that six months is a very short time
我认为六个月的时间很短
to go from victimizer to victim.
不可能从害人的变成被害人
Saint Paul did it in a second.
圣保罗瞬间就做到了
Oh, so you're Saint Paul?
那你是圣保罗了?
No, I'm just someone who thinks
不,我个人认为
Lockhart/Gardner is just this side of incompetent
洛克哈特&加德纳律所在这方面不能胜任
and is gonna lose a lot of money
那些善良的,受害的人
for some very nice, deserving people.
会损失一大笔钱
Hey, hon? Yeah?
亲爱的,什么
Tell Kalinda why I quit my job.
告诉凯琳达我为什么辞职
Oh, I don't think she wants to hear any of that, hon.
我想她并不想知道,亲爱的
Sure, she's a reporter, of course she does.
当然,她是记者,当然想知道
Course I do.
当然,是的
Okay, um, well, uh, Louis was amazing.
好吧,路易斯很不可思议
I miscarried,
我流产了
and that day he quit.
那天他就辞了职
I'm sorry, sorry to hear that.
抱歉,这样的事真遗憾
He decided he wanted to stay home and help me.
他决定在家助我度过难关
I'll just let you guys talk.
还是你们聊吧
Nice to meet you.
认识你很高兴
You, too.
我也是
Think that might be why I want
觉得那可能是我想帮助
to help a class action of women who miscarried?
流产的妇女集体诉讼的原因吗
I don't believe you. It's a trick.
我不相信,那是诡计
It's kind of an elaborate trick having your wife miscarry.
让妻子流产可是个煞费苦心的诡计
No. It's either not true
不,要么不是真的
or it's irrelevant.
要么不相干
He's in the pocket of the corporate interests, believe me.
公司的利益让他心醉神迷,相信我
I think he's getting in your head.
我觉得他在你脑中已经挥之不去了
I think you're right. It's still a trick.
我觉得你说得对,还是诡计
Okay, I'm gonna check into 27 Equity.
好,我去查27资产公司
I'll call you back later.
稍后给你回电话
Okay.
好的
Will?
威尔?
I hate being my mom.
我讨厌变成我妈那样
Oh, hi.
你好
Hi! Do you hate that, being your mom?
你讨厌吗,变成你妈那样
I'm not really my mom.
我和我妈不太一样
I didn't think I was either.
我也认为我不一样
Everything I did, I ran in the opposite direction.
我做的每件事,都唱反调
Have some pastrami.
来点熏牛肉
That's okay.
不用了
My mom spent half her life
我妈用了半生的时间
in tears, cooking dinner,
掉眼泪,做晚饭
waiting for my dad to return home.
等着我爸回家
And here I am.
我现在呢
And where is he?
他在哪里
Oh, um, I think...
我觉得...
I warned him: There was a meeting.
我警告他说有会要开
fall for me and I'm outta here.
为我倾心,我就离开
Now look at me.
现在瞧瞧我
Go ahead, there's two.
请用,这里有两份呢
Come on.
来吧
So, what's the point?
关键是什么
I don't want this.
我不想这样
What do you want?
你想怎样
I...
我...
I don't know.
不知道
Sometimes it's best just to remain friends.
有时最好止步于朋友关系
That's what I found.
这是我学会的
So this is a very serious issue
这是个严肃的问题
that doesn't get enough attention.
却没有得到足够的关注
There is a measure that I would support
我希望人们
that takes medical marijuana seriously.
能严肃对待医用大麻问题
I've seen firsthand the damage
我亲眼见过药品政策对...
our drug policies-- if you can call it that--
如果它还算是政策的话
has done to our court system, our families, to lives.
对我们的司法系统,家庭,生命造成的危害
$100 now, $200 later. Mm-hmm. Okay.
先给100块,事后200,好的
All you have to do is call me
你看见这辆车进车库时
when you see this car enter that garage.
必须给我打电话
Okay, I'll give you a call.
好的,我会打的
Thank you.
谢谢
You lost two.
少了两个客户
Who?
谁
The two I was worried about, the Hathaways and the Wicks.
我担心的那两个,海瑟薇和威克斯
I was just heading over there.
我正要去那两家
How did he know to go to them?
他怎么知道要找他们的
I don't know, but he went to them first thing.
不知道,不过他第一件事是找他们
He visited Julie this morning, too.
今天早上他也找过朱莉
Please come in.
请进
I know Mr. Canning visited,
我知道坎宁先生找过你
but before you make any decision,
不过在你做决定之前
I just want to chat... That's okay.
我想和你谈... 没关系
I want to sign with you.
我想和你签约
Oh. I'm sorry.
抱歉
Then that's great.
那太好了
I just don't like how this back and forth
我只是不喜欢这种拉锯战
is hurting the neighborhood.
对邻里关系的影响
I know. It'll be over soon.
我知道,很快会过去的
And I didn't like what he was saying about your firm.
还有我不喜欢他说你公司的那些话
He...?
他...
What did he say?
他说什么了
I finally found a use for this nanny-cam.
我终于发现了保姆监视器的用途
I know her firm-Lockhart/Gardner.
我知道她的公司,洛克哈特&加德纳律所
In normal economic times,
在正常的经济时期
they would be exactly the type of firm you'd be looking for.
绝对是你想找的那种公司
But right now they're undergoing a partnership battle
但现在他们的合伙人之间正在打架
for control of the firm.
争夺公司的控制权
And the partners need this class action
合伙人急需这场集体诉讼
in order to fight for that control.
帮助他们争夺对公司的控制
I didn't know if it's true,
我不知道这是不是真的
but I thought I should bring it to you.
但我想应该给你们看看
You didn't say anything?
你什么也没说吧?
No.
没有
Then how...?
那他是怎么...
There's a mole.
有内奸
I mean, listen, half the convicts I knew in prison
在牢里,我认识的囚犯中
were there because of drugs...
有一半是因为毒品原因坐牢
Not too many hits.
点击不多啊
It'll grow. Peter's the first one even talking about it.
会增长的,彼得是第一个谈论这个问题的
What does this do for our older constituents?
对我们那些年纪比较大的选民有什么影响
It's a dog whistle. No one else hears it.
就像狗哨,人耳朵完全听不到
But, uh, here,
不过,这个视频
I don't know what to do about this.
我不知道该怎么对付
Who's that man walking down the street?
瞧瞧街上走来的谁?
Peter Florrick!
彼得!福瑞克!
Who's that man you'd like to meet?
你最想见的人是谁
Peter Florrick!
彼得!福瑞克!
That's right, that's right. He's here to fight!
没错,没错,他是来战斗的!
What the hell?
什么玩意
It gets worse.
后边更糟
Peter is the man, Peter is the right man Peter has a plan,
彼得就是最合适的人!
Peter has the right plan
他有个好计划!
He's not black, he's not white.
不偏黑人,不偏白人
He's got a plan to make it right.
他有个好计划!
Who is it?
这是谁
Neil Howard Sloan-Jacob.
尼尔·霍华德·斯隆雅各布
He's a supporter.
是个支持者
Our supporter.
我们的支持者
You ask for civilian involvement,
你说让民众参与
and this is what you get.
结果来了这种人
Sing it loud, we're not just one, we're a crowd Not just you,
唱出来,我们不孤单,我们有伙伴
not just me, we're the Peter family!
我们是彼得大家庭!
It's been zipping around the college blogs.
学校的博客旁边有这个链接
It has more hits than Peter's speech.
点击量比彼得的演说还多
He promises to make a new video every week.
这人保证每周做一个新视频
God, it's like a hostage crisis.
天啊,简直就像人质危机
Peter has the right plan
彼得有个好计划!
Eli, you know the worst thing to happen to any candidate?
你知道候选人能遇上的最糟糕的事是什么?
It's to be unhip.
就是落伍了
Ask Hillary in '08.
看看希拉里08年的遭遇吧
I'll contact him.
我去跟他联系
Hey.
嗨
Peter is the right man! Whoa!
彼得就是最合适的!哇!
I know who to talk to.
我知道该和谁谈谈了
About this? Really, I'm on it.
这件事?我来处理吧
No, no, no, about helping us with the youth vote.
不是,关于年轻人选票的事
Who?
谁
A guy I met in prison.
我的一位狱友
I don't get it.
我不明白
How did he know about our partnership fight?
他怎么知道我们的合伙人在争斗
It's not just that.
不止如此
Canning's been one step ahead of us all week.
这一周坎宁一直领先我们一步
Yes, but only you and I knew this.
是啊,不过只有我俩知道这事
Rosanna.
罗珊娜
Rosanna was here earlier
罗珊娜到得早了些
when you went upstairs for your partner meeting.
正赶上你俩要去参加合伙人会议
You think she overheard us and then
你认为她偷听到了我们的谈话
slipped it to Canning?
又透露给了坎宁?
I don't know.
我不知道
I'll see if she flipped.
我会弄清是不是她的
Anything on who's financing Canning?
发现了谁在资助坎宁没有?
It's not JNL Pesticides.
不是JNL农药公司
It's this-- 27 Equity,
是这家,27资产公司
a New York hedge fund.
纽约的对冲基金
Oh, my God, it's the newest thing in litigation.
这是诉讼的新潮手法
They did the same thing last year
去年他们在世贸工作人员
with the Ground Zero workers.
诉讼案中,就是这么做的
The lawyers borrowed $35 million
律师们借了3500万美元
to finance the lawsuit.
来进行诉讼
The interest was astronomical.
利息奇高
15% a year.
年利息15%
So if he isn't in the pocket of JNL, the why's he doing this?
如果他不是为JNL公司做事,那他来干什么?
I think there's a chance he's sincere.
有可能他是真心想帮助这些人
Doesn't matter.
无关紧要
We still need to beat him in court.
还是得在法庭上把他干掉
How did you communicate with Rosanna?
你怎么和罗珊娜联系?
On the phone, through e-mails.
打电话,发邮件
Let me check your computer.
我检查下你的电脑
Yeah.
喂
Your car just showed up.
你要找的车来了
It's not much of a cushion being up by two people.
支持者是不是有点少了?
It's all we need.
足够了
All rise.
全体起立
Thank you all for returning promptly.
谢谢大家及时返庭
Court is now in session.
现在开庭
And where are we on the class overlap? Mr. Canning?
阵营划分进展如何了,坎宁先生
I think some of the Fallstrom neighbors
我认为一部分福斯姆居民
haven't decided yet, sir.
还没有拿定主意,大人
Yes, Your Honor, but of the neighbors who have,
法官大人,但是就已经做出决定的人数
we have a majority: 41 to 39.
来看,我们占大多数,人数是41比39
No, no, actually, I believe were tied at 40.
不不,事实上我们打了个平手,都是40
At least when I count my letters of consent.
至少我数我这边的赞成信的结果是这样
Is that true, Ms. Lockhart?
是这样吗,洛克哈特女士
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
I think the dust is still settling, Your Honor.
我想我们还未分出胜负,法官大人
But what is true is a matter that came to our attention:
但有个事实值得我们注意
just today Mr. Canning colluded with JNL Pesticides
就在今天,坎宁先生在JNL杀虫剂公司总部
at their company headquarters.
与他们串谋来着
Really? Colluded?
真的吗,串谋?
Mr. Canning?
坎宁先生
It's true, Your Honor,
这是真的,法官大人
I visited JNL at their invitation
我受邀前往JNL
to see what kind of deal could be made.
去看看能与之达成什么样的协议
I must admit I was too busy bargaining with JNL
我承认我花了很多时间与JNL讨价还价
to follow opposing counsel.
如同对方律师的做法
But I did manage to come away with an offer of $2 million.
而我的确设法提出了两百万美元的报价
Your Honor, this suit is worth 20 times that amount.
法官大人,这个诉讼值那个价格的20倍
I-I don't know if that's true,
我不知道这是不是真的
but I do know that $2 million is considerably more
不过两百万美元可比
than what's currently on the table: zero.
现在的价钱,零,高多了
Mr. Canning, it was not within your purview
坎宁先生,代表集体诉讼方去谈判
to negotiate on behalf of the class action.
可不在你的权力范围内啊
And I didn't reach out to JNL. They reached out to me.
因此我没有主动去找JNL是他们找的我
Because this is a sweetheart deal.
因为这根本是一个愿打一个愿挨
Even if what Ms. Lockhart is saying is true,
就算洛克哈特女士说的是真的
isn't it better that a Trojan horse like myself
像我这样的特洛伊木马
get whatever deal can be made now
去促成一个现在就能达成的协议
instead of waiting the five or six years...
而避免大家等个五年六年难道不好吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官大人
...for the $50 million they're hoping for?
是为了他们所期待的五千万美元吗
Lockhart/Gardner's position is to fight.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所的立场是去斗争
And they make enemies of their opponents.
他们把对手视为仇敌
I make them my friends.
而我把他们当做朋友
Because you intend to lower the deal!
因为你试图去降低协议的金额
I intend to get a deal! A fight takes time.
我是为了达成协议,斗争是需要时间的
Ask your clients if they're willing to risk that time.
问问你的客户愿不愿意冒险浪费那个时间
Why don't we make a deal now? All right!
为什么不现在达成协议呢,好了
I'm glad to see you've all given blood.
我很高兴你们都献过血了
Let's not spill any more here.
但别再把这里当战场了
It is within my purview to marry these two classes,
我有权力让你们两个集团合并
and that is what I intend to do.
而我正要这么做
But, Your Honor...
但是,法官大人
No, no, no.
不,不
No.
不
Mr. Canning, Ms. Lockhart, Mr. Gardner,
坎宁先生,洛克哈特女士,加德纳先生
look across the aisle to each other.
请你们注视彼此
Look.
注视
By the powers vested in me by the State of Illinois,
凭借伊利诺伊州赋予我的权力
I now pronounce you one class.
我现在宣布你们成为一个集体诉讼
Congratulations.
恭喜你们
Get a good deal.
好好协商吧
I don't care if he says we're married.
我不在乎他说我们合并了
We are in charge.
这事我们做主
Okay. Well, we'll make the best deal we can. Okay?
好吧,我们尽力去谈判
You going for a quick run?
你要出去跑一会吗
Maybe not so quick.
也许不是只跑一会
Look. I'm sorry about dinner.
晚饭没来我真抱歉
We've just got this thing and...
我们这边有急事
Hold on.
等一下
Hey, Kalinda. What's up?
凯琳达,什么事
It's not a leak.
消息不是被人泄露出去的
What-What do you mean? What is it?
这是什么意思,怎么传出去的
Why Canning is ahead of us.
坎宁比我们捷足先登的原因
He put Spector Pro on Alicia's laptop.
他在艾丽西娅的笔记本里装了系统监控软件
That's keylogger software.
是一种键盘输入记录软件
What?
什么
Every key Alicia hit
艾丽西娅敲击过的每一个键
was sent through a Wi-Fi parasite program
都会通过一个无线寄生程序
to another computer.
发送到另外一台电脑
That's how Canning knew.
所以坎宁会知道
Can we prove it?
我们能证明这个吗
Well, we can trace it back,
我们能追溯来源
but he'll know we're tracing.
但是他会知道我们在查
You want to use it?
你想利用这点吗
Alicia, send an e-mail to Diane
艾丽西娅,给戴安发个邮件
saying our geographical report
就说我们的地理调查表明
places the target amount at $70 million.
应将目标定在七千万美元
Okay.
好的
You want to chase up the offer?
你打算抬价对吗
Then have Diane write back saying we're willing
然后叫戴安回信说我们打算要
to take it to 85 million.
八千五百万
If Canning's in bed with JNL,
如果坎宁和JNL公司是一伙的
they'll be terrified.
他们会吓一跳的
Okay. Will do.
好的,马上去办
Okay, call me when you're done.
搞定了通知我
Okay. I'll go for a jog with you.
好了,我们去跑步吧
I have a date tomorrow night.
明晚我有个约会
You... You what?
你,你什么
I have a date with a South African soccer player tomorrow night.
明天晚上我要和一个南非足球队员约会
You do not.
你没有
I do. Picking me up at 8:00.
真的约了,8点来接我
Think he's gonna come in one of those cute little soccer uniforms?
他会穿着可爱的小球服来吗
I don't care how he comes.
我不在乎他穿什么来
I don't understand.
我不明白
Are you breaking up with me?
你是在和我说分手吗
No. Just putting things on pause.
不是,只是暂停一下
I'm not falling in love with you.
我是不会爱上你的
I know.
我知道
I just need a little cooling-off period. 30 days.
我需要冷静一段时间,30天吧
That's all. No. You told me not to fall in love with you,
就这样,不,是你叫我不要爱上你的
and I didn't. I know.
所以我没有,我知道
30 days. I'll call you at the end of February.
30天,我到二月底再打给你
You okay?
你还好吗
Am I...?
我...
Yeah. Why?
我没事,怎么
Well, I just asked you what you thought
我刚刚在问你
a good compromise come-out offer was,
大概报价要多高才合适
and you said, "Yes."
然后你回答"是的"
Oh, I'm sorry.
抱歉
I'm distracted.
我走神了
I...
我
Life is complicated, isn't it?
生活真是复杂,不是吗
It can be.
有时候是这样的
I don't know what I want.
我不知道我想要的是什么
I'm very good when I know what I want,
当我有目标时,我如鱼得水
but when I don't,
可一旦我搞不清想要的是什么
I suck.
就会变得一团糟
Is this work?
是关于这个案子吗
It's...
这个...
Nothing.
什么也不是
I need friends.
我需要朋友
I need, like, a fat buddy
比如,一个胖胖的哥们儿
who I can tell things to and get drunk.
让我能对他倾诉,然后陪我一起喝个酩酊大醉
I'll work on that.
我看看能不能变胖
Will? Do you have a minute?
威尔,有空吗
It'll just be a minute.
一小会儿就好
I think we need to talk to Diane
我认为我们应该说服戴安
about backing away from litigation.
让她退出诉讼案
Why?
为什么
I think she's letting her leftist activism
我觉得她正在放任她的激进主义细胞
get the best of her.
她完全不在状态
A year ago that might have been true, but not now.
这在一年以前没准儿有可能,但现在她不会
Take over the pesticide case.
把农药这案子接管过来
Why? It's not mine to take over.
为什么,又不是我能做得了主
She's pushing for an $85 million deal.
她要求的交易金额是八千五百万美元
She'll never win.
她不可能赢的
How do you know that?
你是怎么知道的
How do I know she won't win?
我怎么知道她不会赢吗
How do you know she's looking for $85 million?
你怎么知道她在窥觑八千五百万
I know.
我就是知道
You can't tell me how?
不能告诉我消息来源是吗
Trust me.
相信我
My information is solid.
我的消息很可靠
Alicia wanted her to come in at $70 million.
艾丽西娅想让她要价七千万
Diane pushed it to 85.
戴安抬到了八千五百万
Okay, I'll talk to Diane.
好吧,我和戴安谈谈
Good. Thanks.
很好,谢了
Get out of here!
骗子,出去
I will not get out of here.
我不会出去的
Peter asked me personally to ask you...
彼得让我亲自来问你
personally.
本人
No! No! No! No! That does not happen!
不不不,这不是真的
That does happen.
确实是真的
And it's happening to you.
而且就发生在你身上
I didn't think anyone even saw that old video.
我根本没指望有人会去看那段古老的视频
But I knew I had to do something.
但我知道我必须做点什么
Well, it was very entertaining.
那段视频非常娱乐
Well, that was the whole point, you know?
这就是我的目的
I mean, people think that politics can be so dry,
我是说,人们总认为政治是很枯燥的东西
but I think it can be fun.
但我想它也能具有娱乐性
So what is this position?
那你要给我提供什么职位呢
Oh, well...
这个...
it's the liaison to the political director--
你要直接对竞选经理负责
me.
就是我
And I can send you anything?
我什么东西都可以发给你吗
Song ideas?
歌曲?
Commercials?
广告?
Or ways to make the Glee songs for Peter?
或者为彼得制作欢乐合唱的方法?
Yes.
可以
We've been trying to get the public involved,
我们一直在努力让大众参与进来
get them to coordinate with our message.
让他们配合我们的宗旨
So yes, send everything to me.
所以,对,把所有东西都发给我
And you don't think it's better if I just do it on my own?
可你不觉得我自己做要好点吗
No. It's-it's better if it comes through my office.
不,还是通过我的办公室比较好
And I'm sorry we can't offer you
我很抱歉我们目前还不能
a stipend at this time,
发你工资
but if things work out...
但等事成之后
No, no, I want to keep my day job.
不不,我想保留我现在的全职工作
This is just so great, Mr. Gold.
这真是太好了,戈德先生
Please tell Peter that I think he's amazing.
请告诉彼得,我觉得他太棒了
By the way...
顺便问问
Why did you do this for Peter?
你为什么要为彼得做这些事呢
Why?
为什么吗
He spoke at the school about bullying.
他在学校做过关于欺凌弱小现象的演讲
About making fun of kids.
讲到了取笑孩子的情况
He said people see someone who's different than them,
他说人们总是歧视那些看起来与他们不同的人
and they never get a chance to really know them.
但却从没有机会真正了解他们
And the only way to make life rich is,
而让生活丰富的唯一方法是
next time, have lunch with them.
下一次,与他们共进午餐
Well, he said it better than me, but
他原话说的比我好
the week after that, I could just feel
但那周过后,我能感觉到
that the mood here... was different.
这里的气氛不一样了
I never thought words made much difference.
我从没想过人的语言能有如此大的影响力
Just music.
我以为只有音乐可以
But he changed people.
他改变了人们
Not for that long, just a few days.
持续时间不长,只有几天
And music can't do that.
但这是音乐所做不到的
So that's what makes this so great
所以能为他做事
is that I will be working for him.
真是太好了
It will be great.
我们会合作愉快的
Nice meeting you, Mr. Sloan-Jacob.
见到你很高兴,斯隆雅各布先生
Yes, Mr. Gold.
你也是,戈德先生
I only covered the 27th floor desktops.
我只查了27层的台式机
28th floor was off-limits.
28层我没权限
I found keylogging software on Alicia's desktop,
我在艾丽西娅和朱利叶斯·凯恩,还有
Julius Cain's, and Neka's in Litigation.
诉讼部的妮卡的机子里发现了键盘记录软件
Now, given that wide of a distribution,
分布得如此之广
it's more likely to be Bond spying than Canning.
现在看来更像是邦德在监视,而不是坎宁
Two equity partners and one
两个股份合伙人和一个
junior associate. Why Alicia?
初级律师,为什么是艾丽西娅呢
Her close connection to me?
因为她和我走的很近吗
That would be my guess.
我是这么猜的
He wouldn't want to put keylogging software on your computer,
他不想把键盘记录软件安在你的电脑上
but he wanted to keep track of what you wrote to Alicia.
但是他想知道你都给艾丽西娅写了什么
What did you tell her?
你告诉她什么了
Alicia?
艾丽西娅吗
About this? Nothing.
关于这个,什么也没说
Thank you, Kalinda. I think we need a moment.
谢谢你,凯琳达,我们几个要谈谈
No. I think Kalinda should stay.
不,我觉得凯琳达该留下
She can help us.
她能帮助我们
I think we should do the same thing
我觉得我们应该采用同样的做法
we were planning to do with Canning.
就像之前准备对坎宁所做的
Use it?
利用这个吗
Yes.
没错
Diane, you write to Julius
戴安,你给朱利叶斯写邮件说
about getting to Bond's weakest votes.
已经把邦德阵营里不坚定的人拉过来了
Get him to fire his own people?
让他把他的自己人炒掉?
Yes. We need the majority
对,我们需要大部分的股份合伙人
of equity partners to vote Bond out.
投票把邦德踢出局
We can't pick off his votes.
我们不能赶走他的支持者
But he can.
但他可以
I think I'm liking this.
我开始喜欢这种勾心斗角了
It's gonna be hard to go back to the law.
回到以前那样用合法手段做事可真难
So you just got out of prison?
你才从监狱出来吗
Yeah. November.
是啊,十一月
Eight months.
蹲了八个月
Heard that you got caught up for a while?
听说你之前被盯了一阵子啊
Home monitoring. It's not so bad.
家庭监视,还不算太糟
Yeah, I've been there.
是啊,我也是过来人
How's your mom?
你妈妈怎么样
Oh, she's hanging in there. Yours?
她还不错,你妈妈呢
She hates my last album.
她很讨厌我的最后一张专辑
So, uh, do you miss anything about it?
你在怀念什么吗
What? Being inside?
什么,怀念坐牢?
God, no.
天呐,不
You are funny.
你太逗了
Foolish question.
我傻了
So, um, I guess I owe you one, huh?
老兄,我还欠你份情,是不
No. No, hey, the legal advice was free.
没的事,那个法律咨询是免费的
But it was damn good advice.
但那绝对是金玉良言
Better than anything I've gotten on the outside since.
比我在外面咨询的都棒
I'm glad.
我很欣慰
So, what do you need?
说,你要我做点什么
I need the youth vote.
我想要年轻人的选票
I'm sorry.
你说什么
Hey, I told you, brother-- that tatt--
老兄,看到没,这贴着
nice black panther right there-- you'll get my vote.
这是你忠实的黑人兄弟,我这一票是你的
Well, I was thinking maybe just an interview.
我想可不可以来个访谈
You and me.
你和我
An interview?
访谈吗
Yeah. Oh, that all?
就这样吗
I mean, I thought we were talking about a fund-raiser.
我以为你要个募款人
Uh, sorry. I was just passing by.
打扰一下,我刚经过
Um, what-what kind of fund-raiser?
什么样的募款人
Just so we're clear.
在此我们要澄清一下
We didn't consider the offer made to your co-counsel, Mr. Canning,
我们认为你们的合作律师,坎宁先生
to be a lowball offer.
没有故意报低要价
We consider it to be our offer, our best, last and final.
这也是我们认为合理和最终的要价
Well, how nice for you.
买卖听起来不错
Then we'll see you in court.
那我们就法庭见吧
Good. Okay, wait.
不,等等
Wait. Look, we're not trying to pick your pockets.
听着,我们不是想要掏空你们的钱包
We just need to show the judge a hint of movement.
只是想给法官看到我们有进展
No, we don't.
不,我们不这么想
Yes, actually, yes, we do.
不,我们就是这么想的
Mr. Canning, can we talk to you a minute?
坎宁先生,我们借一步说话
Good job. Nicely played.
搞内讧,干得好
Oh, don't even pretend.
得了,别再装了
What? We're good cop, bad copping them.
不是吗,唱黑白脸,多好的搭档
No, we're not.
不,我们不算搭档
You're undercutting us.
你在背后捅我们刀子
We'll contest any lowball offer.
我们会反对任何故意压价的
It's a lucky world where $2 million
要是200万美元都算是少
is a lowball offer.
活在这世上还真是幸运
Don't worry. We're doing great.
别担心,我们会干成的
Don't you just look at them and feel something?
难道你看着那些受害者没感觉到什么吗
Excuse me?
你说什么
Those mothers.
那些也是要做妈妈的
They miscarried.
她们都流产了
They can't have children.
而且再也不会有孩子了
Don't you feel something when you hear them,
难道你听她们诉说时,就不为之动容
or is your cynicism that deep?
还是你真那么愤世嫉俗吗
Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克太太
you don't know me.
你不了解我
You don't know what my life is.
你不了解我的人生
I may have the greatest compassion for them in the world,
我对他们有着世上最深切的同情也好
or I may have none.
冷漠无情也罢
It's irrelevant.
都与这个案子是无关的
What I owe them is not my compassion.
我能给她们的不是我的同情心
It's my ability.
而是我的能力
And that's what I'm giving them.
这就是我要给他们的
Canning got Rosanna to flip to his side
坎宁给罗莎娜看了JNL农药公司的文件
by showing her a document from JNL Pesticides.
以此来拉拢她
What kind of a document?
什么样的文件
An internal analysis of what they were willing to pay.
关于能承受的最高索赔额的内部分析
Does she have a copy?
她有复印件吗
No. He just showed it to her.
没有,他只是给她看了一下
Then it doesn't matter.
那就没用了
He'll claim it's privileged, part of negotiations.
他会申请特许保护,因为这是谈判的一部分
No. He can't.
不,他不能
Sure, he...
他当然...
We got to get to Judge Abernathy.
我们去找阿伯内亚法官
Okay, okay.
听我说,听我说
Please don't put me in the position of refereeing everyone.
别让我变成个裁判
We had our settlement offer accepted.
我们已经敲定了赔偿金额
$2.4 million,
240万
with one million in reserve for future claims.
并保留未来对另外100万赔偿要求的权利
That offer was made to Mr. Canning, and not...
这个要价是坎宁先生提出的,不是
Okay. You don't have a deal, Mr. Foxson, until the court
福克森先生,在法庭认可前
certifies a deal.
协议无效
Now, who is this witness?
开始说吧,这位证人叫做
Mr. Carl Hobart, Your Honor.
法官大人,卡尔·霍巴特先生
And what will he testify to?
那他要证明什么
An exhibit we would like to place into evidence.
我们会通过询问证人向法庭证明
Okay. So, proceed.
好的,请提问
Mr. Hobart, what is your job?
霍巴特先生,你是做什么工作的
My job? I am a claims analyst with 27 Equity.
我的工作吗,我是27资产公司的分析师
And that is a hedge fund?
那是家对冲基金是吗
Yes. And you were recently sent a document by Mr. Louis Canning?
是的,最近坎宁先生给过你一份文件是吗
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance.
反对,法官大人,与本案无关
Uh, uh, uh, uh, Mr. Canning,
可...坎宁先生
you can't object to your own co-counsel.
你不能反对你自己的合作律师啊
Objection, Your Honor.
反对,法官大人
Relevance.
问题与本案无关
I think
我认为
I'll overrule that on absurdity alone.
我只能驳回这荒唐的反对了
You may answer.
请回答
Yes, I was sent a document for review.
是的,我收到一份需要审阅的文件
As collateral for Mr. Canning's loan?
是坎宁先生贷款的附属担保物吗
Yes.
是的
Uh, we loaned Mr. Canning $4 million for this lawsuit,
我们给坎宁先生这场官司贷款400万
so we needed to see all relevant documents.
所以我们要审阅所有相关的文件
And this document under discussion
那这份需要审阅的文件
was prepared by JNL Pesticides
是不是JNL农药公司准备
stating how much they were willing...
说明其所愿支付的...
Objection! Objection!
反对,反对
Your Honor, this document was part of evidence,
法官大人,这份文件是其中一件证物
and is, therefore, privileged.
因而,该文件具有特许物权的
It, therefore, cannot be used in court.
因而,不能用于当庭
That would be true, Your Honor,
法官大人,此言不虚
except that Mr. Canning pierced his own privilege
但坎宁先生已自行破坏这一特许物权
by showing this document to a hedge fund.
将证物出示给对冲基金
Now, he can't have it both ways.
两权不能同时执行
Either it's privileged, or it's not.
或拥有特许物权,或放弃
And now... it's not.
从目前情况来看,该权利失效
Your Honor?
法官大人
That seems a particularly good point,
这个论据很有力
Mr. Canning. You can't pick
坎宁先生,当要求特许物权时
and choose when privilege applies.
不能既要求又破坏
Do you have anything else?
你还有什么要补充的吗
No, Your Honor.
没了,法官大人
Okay, I'll admit it. Nicely played.
好吧,我承认,干得不错
Thank you.
多谢
You still have to make a deal.
你们还是要谈要价的
My guess is it'll be easier now.
但我觉得现在会容易些了
So, that was all cynical, right?
那你之前所做所为,都是愤世嫉俗咯
You were just trying to lower the amount of the award?
你就是想降低赔偿要价
I think people were harmed here,
我相信那里的人是受害者
and I think companies ought to pay for their mistakes.
也认为公司应当为他们所犯的错误进行赔偿
But I think companies are paying too much for their mistakes,
但我认为要价太高了
and I think lawyers are helping people
而律师在帮助人们
distort the amount of harm.
故意扩大化伤害
That's all.
就是这样
So, if that's cynical, then...
如果这样就是愤世嫉俗,那么
I'm a cynic.
那我就是个愤世嫉俗的人
The bells ring no, no, no, no, no, no, no
钟声响起,喏...
The bells ring no, no, no...
钟声响起
It worked. That's one of his votes.
成功了,这是他的支持者之一
Looks like he's sending him back to D.C.
看来他要把他打发回华盛顿了
Hmm. I love it.
是的,我喜欢
The bells ring no, no, no, no
钟声响起
How was your South African soccer player?
你的南非足球运动员怎么样
Fictional.
我编的
I don't know what this is. I...
我不知道为什么,我..
I don't like needing... anyone.
我不喜欢自己这么...渴望另一个人
I know.
我了解
It's not commitment.
不代表承诺
It's just preferential treatment.
只是区别对待
I can deal with that.
我懂
Mmm! You smell like you.
嗯,你闻上去就像是你
You smell like Will.
闻上去像威尔
I thought I could do without it.
原来我忘不了这个味道
But you have to be more gentle with me.
以后你得对我更加温柔点
I'm not as tough as I look.
我不像表面看起来的那么坚强
Okay.
好
The bells ring No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
钟声响起
We're climbing with the 18 to 25 year-olds.
我们在18到25岁人群的支持率在上升
Congratulations.
祝贺你
Suddenly I'm hip.
我也成了潮人了
I never thought you weren't.
我从未质疑过这一点
The rapper Young Boxer--
那个说唱的年轻拳击手
he's going to do a benefit concert for me.
他会为我义演
So, how was your day?
那你今天过得如何