手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 美剧《傲骨贤妻》 > 傲骨贤妻第四季 > 正文

傲骨贤妻第四季(MP3+中英字幕):第17集 想和谁约会就和谁约会

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Zach, seriously.

扎克,说真的
Why aren't you serious with me?
你为什么不认真待我
I am.
我是认真的
It's really not that far away.
我真的不是要离开很远
Yeah, well, college changes people.
是,但大学会使人改变
You sound so old.
你的口气好像大人
You're going to be going to college, too.
你也要去上大学的
Yeah, well, not till next year.
是,但我明年才去
Then we'll both change.
那我们都会改变
Mom's home!
妈妈回来了
Yes, Mom's home.
是的,妈妈回来了
Put your clothes on.
把衣服穿上
Hey, Mom.
你好妈妈
Mrs. Florrick, how are you?
福瑞克夫人,您好吗
I'm good.
我很好
How are we doing in here?
你们在这儿干什么呢
We're just watching the results.
只是在看投票结果
Dad hasn't won yet.
老爸还没赢
Uh, they say they won't have the results in till tomorrow.
他们说结果要到明天才能出来
Yeah, but he's ahead.
是,但他领先着呢
Maddie's down by five percent.
玛蒂落后五个百分点
And Kresteva?
克里斯特娃呢
He won the Republican primary,
他赢得了共和党的初选
so Dad knows who he's got to beat, anyway.
所以爸爸知道他需要打败的是谁了
Uh, Mrs. Florrick, my parents
福瑞克夫人,我父母
want Zach to come over tomorrow night for dinner.
想请扎克明晚到我家吃晚餐
Is that all right?
可以吗
I'm sure it's fine.
我想没问题
Just have your parents call me.
让你父母给我打个电话就好
Mom, there's someone on the phone for you.
妈,有人打电话找你
Janie Ludwig.
叫珍妮·路德维格
You should be studying in the same room.
你应该和他们在一个房间学习
Janie, hi.
珍妮,你好
Everything okay?
一切还好吗
What?
什么
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Janie, how are you?
珍妮,你还好吗
I'm good.
我挺好的
I'm not good, actually.
实际上,我不好
I don't know why I just said that.
我不知道我刚才为什么那么说
The insurance lawyer is here.
保险公司的律师在这里
He made me so angry I had to step outside.
他把我气坏了,我不得不出来
Janie, you don't need to be here. Go home.
珍妮,你不需要留在这,回家吧
Roger always said my best quality was my toughness,
罗杰总是说我最好的品质就是坚强
and I'm not going to let him down, not now.
我不会让他失望,现在不行
Okay.
Mr. Hobson?
霍布森先生
I love you, too, dear.
我也爱你,亲爱的
No, this shouldn't take long.
不,不会太久的
The other side doesn't have a leg to stand on.
对方的说法站不住脚
See you in about two hours.
我们大概两个小时后见
Hello, Wilk Hobson.
你好,我是威尔克·霍布森
I'm so sorry about your client's loss.
我对你方委托人的损失深表遗憾
Yes, but not sorry enough to pay out
是吗,但没有足够遗憾到支付
her life insurance policy.
她的人寿保险赔偿金
My client, Wolf & Bland, has some questions
我的委托人沃&布保险公司对这起
about the untimely death.
意外早逝有一些疑问
Justice Ludwig died in a car accident.
路德维格法官死于一起车祸
I'm not sure how much more
我不知道还有什么能比这
"Accidental" it gets.
更符合"意外"的定义了
Justice Ludwig was talking
路德维格法官在开车的同时
on his cell phone while driving
用手机打电话
and his car wasn't Bluetooth enabled.
他的车又没有蓝牙功能
Which isn't required in Illinois.
那在伊利诺伊州并不是强制规定
It speaks to recklessness.
但证明是他自己鲁莽行事致死
Which is specifically excluded from his policy.
他的保险单明确规定这种情况不承保
Which might be relevant,
如果他是在玩滑翔机时死的
had he been hang gliding.
你也许可以用这个借口
Wolf & Bland believes the coroner's inquest
沃&布保险公司相信死因裁判官的
will find in our favor,
审讯结果会对我方有利
but we're willing to pay ten percent
但我方愿意支付10%的保险赔偿金
to avoid the uncertainty.
以避免不确定性
$200,000, how's that sound?
付你们20万美元,怎么样
On a $2 million policy?
给价值两百万的保单吗
No, thanks.
不用了,谢谢
Ha-ha, more than usual.
比平时人多很多嘛
Yeah, most people have trouble finding us
大部分人很难在地下室
down here in the basement.
找到我们这里
I'm, uh, sorry for the cold in here.
很抱歉屋里这么冷
That's the way we ride in the coroner's office.
死因裁判官的办公室就是这样
This is an inquest as to the cause of the death
今天我们要对伊利诺伊州最高法院法官
of Illinois Supreme Court Justice
罗杰·路德维格的死因
Roger Ludwig.
进行裁决
Case file 591-R.
案卷591-R号
Six jurors have been seated from the regular jury pool.
有六位陪审员被选出参与此次审判
Welcome.
欢迎你们
I want to stress that this
我想强调一下
is not a regular trial.
这不是常规庭审
Now, an inquest is merely a fact-finding proceeding
死因裁决只是一个调查实情的程序
to answer the question:
是为了回答一个问题
what is the cause and the manner of death?
死亡的原因和方式是什么
So, uh, I will call our first witness.
现在我要请上第一位证人
The immediate cause of death:
直接死因是
bleeding and trauma,
失血过多和创伤
due to massive internal injuries.
由严重的内伤造成
Can you tell us what, if any, substances
你能告诉我们你在死者体内
you found in the decedent's system?
发现了什么物质吗,如果有的话
The toxicology report was positive for cytrophynal
毒理学检测报告显示体内有利眠宁
as well as alcohol.
和酒精残留
That's a lie.
她在说谎
I know, we'll address it.
我知道,我们会处理的
And did you test for blood alcohol?
你检测血液中酒精含量了吗
Yes, it was .06.
是的,有0.06%
Thank you, Ms. Patel.
谢谢你,帕特尔小姐
Excuse me, Mr. Coroner,
不好意思,裁判官先生
may I ask a question?
我可以问个问题吗
You... Who are you?
你...你是谁
Alicia Florrick, Mr. Coroner.
我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克,裁判官先生
I represent the wife of the deceased.
我是死者太太的代理律师
Ah, yes, the wife of the State's Attorney
原来是州检察官的太太
in the one county that's seen fit to do away
在我们这唯一一个认为应该
with the office of the coroner altogether.
废除死因裁判官办公室的县
Please, probe away.
请吧,尽管问
Thank you.
谢谢
Ms. Patel, .06 BAC is below
帕特尔小姐,0.06%的酒精浓度
the legal intoxication limit, isn't it? It is.
是低于法定醉酒标准的是吧,是的
.06 would be consistent with the judge, having say,
0.06%的浓度说明法官先生可能是
two glasses of wine, with dinner,
在事发一个小时前
an hour before the accident?
吃晚餐时喝了两杯红酒
Based on his weight of 192 pounds,
基于他192磅的体重
I suppose that's about right.
我认为你说得没错
And the cytrophynal, a medication
而利眠宁,一种用于
used to treat insomnia.
治疗失眠的药物
Could there not be residual traces of it
有没有可能是前一晚服用的
from the night before?
该药物的残留物
Yes, uh, cytrophynal can
有,利眠宁的确有可能
linger in the system for several days.
在体内存留好几天
So, therefore, could Justice...
所以这么说来,法官先生是否...
I'm sorry, ma'am,
抱歉,女士
you've asked your three questions.
你已经问了三个问题了
I...
我...
I'm sorry?
您说什么
You've asked your three questions.
你已经问了三个问题了
Attorneys in an inquest are permitted
死因裁决中律师可以提问
to ask questions, but only a total of three.
但最多只能问三个问题
Really?
真的吗
Sorry.
抱歉了
What if I'm fast?
我很快地再问一个可以吗
No, I'm sorry.
不行,抱歉
I'll have to ask you to take your seat.
请你就座
Uh, Mr. Claypool,
克莱普先生
I'm Wilk Hobson,
我是威尔克·霍布森
counsel for Wolf & Bland Insurance.
是沃&布保险公司的律师
Unlike Mrs. Florrick,
与福瑞克夫人不同
I have just one question, if that's okay.
我只有一个问题要问,如果您同意的话
Yes, certainly. Please.
当然同意,请问吧
Ms. Patel, in your opinion,
帕特尔小姐,在你看来
can the amount of alcohol that results
能导致0.06%的血液酒精浓度的
in a .06 BAC still be enough
饮酒量是否仍然足够
to impair someone's judgment...
降低人的判断力
Objection, goes beyond the scope.
反对,提问超出范围
Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mrs. Florrick,
福瑞克夫人
as I said before, this is not a regular trial.
我刚说了,这不是常规庭审
There are no objections here.
没有反对这一说
Will Gardner, please.
请找威尔·加德纳
Are you sure?
你确定吗
No.
不是的
Well, I'm just as unfamiliar as Alic...
跟艾丽西娅一样,我也不熟悉...
Okay, I'll see you then.
好,到时见
What was that?
谁的电话
Janie Ludwig.
珍妮·路德维格
Her husband's inquest. Oh, yes,
她丈夫死因调查的事,对了
that car crash.
那场车祸
It was horrible.
真可怕
How is she? Upset.
她怎么样,很难过
She wants me to help Alicia at the inquest.
她想让我到死因裁决中协助艾丽西娅
Well, that sounds right. What's the problem?
该去一下,有什么问题吗
Nothing. What's up?
没有,什么事
An invitation to the Chicago Shamrock Dinner.
芝加哥三叶草晚宴的邀请函
We've been asked to buy a table.
给我们留了一桌
They've never invited us before.
我们以前从未在被邀之列
I know, we're moving up in the world.
我知道,说明我们越来越有地位了
And with Alicia's husband there,
艾丽西娅的丈夫也会出席
it might be a slap in the face if we say no.
我们若是拒绝就等于扇人巴掌
Peter didn't win yet, did he?
彼得还没获胜吧
The last I heard, it was neck and neck between him and Maddie.
我之前听说他和麦蒂不相上下
I'll wait to see if he wins before buying a table.
等初选结果出来了我再决定是否参加
Cary.
凯里
Yes, you needed me?
怎么了,你找我吗
Congratulations. What fantastic news.
恭喜你,真是个大好消息
Talk about landing the big fish, good job.
谈下一桩大生意,干得漂亮
I... We weren't even trying for
我...我们压根没奢望过
Emmonds Pharmaceuticals.
争取到艾蒙药业这么大的客户
We thought they were deep into Canning's pocket.
还以为他们的业务会落入坎宁囊中
How'd you do it?
你怎么做到的
Well, I'm just one part of a team.
这是团队努力的成果
That's not what I heard.
人家可不是这么说的
Their chief counsel said it was all because of you.
他们的首席顾问说都是你的功劳
This is a good way
继续努力
to stay on the equity partner track, Cary.
晋升为权益合伙人指日可待,凯里
$5 million a year in litigation costs?
诉讼成本一年500万哟
Pretty impressive.
相当可观
That's their spokesman now.
他们的发言人来了
He's in your office, Cary.
就在你办公室,凯里
He wants to say hello. Okay.
他想跟你打个招呼,好的
Emmonds Pharmaceuticals.
艾蒙药业
Yes, good job.
是的,干得好
Hello.
你好
Dad?
Cary.
凯里
Sir, hi.
您好
This is a surprise.
真没想到
I hope so.
如我所料
And this is a very cool office.
这间办公室很不错
You have a view, two desks,
你能看风景,有两张办公桌
you're on the same floor as the partners.
还跟合伙人在同一层楼
I'm impressed.
真不简单
Yeah, thanks, Dad. So, what's going on?
谢谢,爸爸,这是怎么回事
Well, I'm back in Chicago.
我回芝加哥来了
Yeah.
我知道
Sorry about that press secretary job.
新闻秘书职位那件事很抱歉
No, no, no, look.
不,不,不
That was inappropriate of me
是我行事欠妥
to even ask for that favor.
完全不该拿这种事麻烦你
And I realized that the job wasn't quite
再说我现在也觉得那个职位
the right fit for me anyway.
不是很适合我
That's good. I'm lobbying.
那就好,我在做说客
For Emmonds Pharmaceuticals now.
为艾蒙药业工作
And we were looking for a firm to help us draft
我们想找间律所协助草拟
a medical marijuana statute
一项药用大麻法规
to take to the General Assembly, and I...
提交给议会讨论,于是我...
thought of you.
就想到了你
You thought of me?
你想到了我?
Ha, don't sound so surprised.
别那么意外
Of course I thought of you.
我当然会想到你
You're good.
你那么能干
Your firm is hot right now.
你们律所的业务也是如日中天
A pharmaceutical company wants to get
你是说一间药业公司想让议会
a medical marijuana law passed?
通过一项关于药用大麻的法规?
Well, right now, there is a competing
目前有份跟我们
initiative being written.
有竞争关系的立法提案
We want ours to take a different approach.
我们希望自己的提案能换种写法
There's a medical marijuana initiative
有人提案就药用大麻进行立法
being written and Emmonds is concerned
艾蒙药业担心如果这项提案
if it succeeds, it'll cut into their profits,
顺利通过,将会影响公司的收益
so they want to draft a competing initiative
所以想草拟一份与之竞争的立法提案
to confuse the voters?
以混淆投票者吗
Come on, let's not put it like that.
话不能这么说
We-we want a more sensible initiative.
我们想要一份更合乎情理的立法提案
How's that sound?
这样表述如何
Sensible.
合情合理
Good.
很好
I thought that you could draft the initiative
我希望你能拟好提案
and then represent us through the legislative process.
然后在整个立法手续中为我们代理
What?
怎么了
I just...
我只是...
I didn't think you were going to talk to me again.
我以为你再也不会理我了
Cary.
凯里
You're my only son.
你是我唯一的儿子
I'm never not going to talk to you.
我永远都不会不理你的
We are now confident reporting the projected
现在向您确定地播报
Democratic primary winner for Illinois governor
角逐伊州州长的民主党初选获胜者
is going to be State's Attorney Peter Florrick.
为州检察官彼得·福瑞克
Congratulations, sir.
恭喜你
I said-said congratulations, sir.
我说恭喜你
Now we turn to Kresteva.
现在我们就对付克里斯特娃了
I said now we turn to Kresteva!
我说现在我们就对付克里斯特娃了
Sir, I wanted to talk to you about Jordan.
我想跟你谈谈乔丹
I don't think we need him.
我觉得我们用不着他了
Are you sure?
你确定吗
Because I think we're losing our singularity of purpose.
因为我觉得我们逐渐失去了目标的独特性
Yeah.
好吧
No, I understand.
不,我理解
Okay, okay.
好的,好的
Good job, Eli.
干得太棒了,伊莱
Well done.
干得好
Oh, come on, let's hug.
来,我们抱一个吧
Now comes the real battle.
真正的战争要来临了
Now it comes.
说得没错
On that note, I need to show you something.
说到这个,我得给你看个东西
Zach Florrick has a girlfriend.
扎克·福瑞克有个女朋友
Her name is Nisa Dalmar.
名字叫妮莎·达尔玛
I know, she's black.
我知道,是个黑人
It's all fine.
这没问题
No, that's not it.
不,不是说这个
Did you see this photo that she tweeted today?
你看到今天她微博发的图片了吗
It's a Milad-un-Nabi festival.
这是默罕默德的生日
It's a celebration of the Prophet's birth.
就是庆祝先知诞生的节日
I did a deeper check into Nisa's father.
我详细调查了妮莎的父亲
He donated to the Hamas charity organization,
他资助过哈马斯慈善组织
Mouharib Mousalim.
穆哈里伯·穆萨林
When?
什么时候的事
His last donation was in 2008.
他的最后一次捐款是在08年
And Mouharib Mousalim was just put on the Treasury's list
穆哈里伯·穆萨林去年十月刚被财政部
for terrorist affiliations this past October.
列入恐怖组织附属机构名单
What?
怎么
We should do something about it.
我们必须采取措施
As you can see, the skid marks on the road
如你所见,路面上的刹车痕迹
reveal a course correction.
显示司机变过方向
Uh, using the formula for minimum skid speed
通过最小刹车速率的公式计算
we determined he was driving roughly
我们认定他的时速
55 miles per hour,
大概为55公里
which is ten miles over the speed limit.
超过限速10公里
Speeding equals reckless driving.
超速就是危险驾驶
Uh, Mr. Gardner.
加德纳先生
Time for the main event. I'm not here to replace you.
重头戏开场了,我不是来换下你的
Mrs. Ludwig just asked
路德维格夫人只是请我
me to assist, that's all. It's okay.
来帮你而已,没事
We, uh, recovered Justice Ludwig's cell phone,
我们修复了路德维格法官的手机
which he was using at the time of the crash.
也就是车祸时他所使用的手机
Um, that may also have contributed to the accident.
这也许与车祸也有关系
Anything from the gallery?
旁听席上有什么问题吗
Yes, sir, if I may.
有,先生,请容我说一句
And you are? Will Gardner.
你是哪位,威尔·加德纳
I'm also on Mrs. Ludwig's legal team.
我也是路德维格夫人律师团的一员
You only get three questions.
你只有三个问题
You can only ask three questions.
你只能问三个问题
She has a legal team now.
她现在有律师团了
This is getting serious.
来真的了嘛
Proceed. I, uh...
请继续,我...
Although there was no Bluetooth
尽管路德维格法官车里
in Justice Ludwig's car, his phone had a speaker function
没有蓝牙设备,但他的手机有免提功能
making it possible for him to...
因此他能够...
make a call and not hold his cell phone while driving...
在驾车时无需手持电话也能通话
isn't that right?
没错吧
Yes, but we have no way of knowing
是,但我们无法得知
if he was actually holding it or not.
他当时是否手持电话
Okay, but rather than...
好吧,但与其说是...
the use of a phone or the speed he was traveling,
驾车使用电话或者超速驾驶
couldn't the presence of black ice on the road
难道没有可能是因为路面上的黑冰
have forced Justice Ludwig
使路德维格法官
to make the course correction, sending him into the guardrail,
不得不扭转方向,开向了护栏
which by its mere presence
从路面来看
implies this is a very sharp curve in the road?
当时的转弯非常之急
Objection. Mr. Gardner is combining several questions...
反对,加德纳先生是在合并众多问题
As I've said,
我刚才说过
Mr. Hobson, there are no objections here.
这里没有反对这一说,霍布森先生
Officer? Taking the points one at a time,
警官请回答,我一点一点解释
uh, guardrails are placed by the Department of Transportation
交通部设置护栏是出于
for various reasons, sir.
多重考虑的,先生
And, yes, I observed black ice on the road that night,
不错,我那晚确实看到路面有黑冰
but with those road conditions,
但就当时的路况来讲
the victim should have been
受害者也不该
driving under the speed limit.
超过最高限速驾驶
Excuse me.
抱歉,让一让
Mr. Coroner, I would like to reserve our third question.
裁判官先生,我想保留第三个问题
Objec... Uh, point of... clarification.
反...澄清一下
Uh, can he do that?
他能那么做吗
I don't see why not.
又有何妨
Now, Officer, let's talk some more about this black ice.
警官,我们再谈谈黑冰的事吧
Hello?
Oh, yeah, this is Robyn, Mrs. Florrick,
我是罗宾,福瑞克夫人
the other investigator you hired.
你们新雇的另外一个调查员
Oh, hi. How are you? Good, good.
你好吗,挺好,挺好
Cold. Uh, I saw Kalinda's phone ringing
挺冷的,我看到凯琳达的电话响了
and I picked it up.
我就接起来了
Do you want me to ask her something? Yes.
你想让我问她什么吗,是的
Ask her, is there anything that can point to an accident
问问她,有没有什么能证明这是起事故
and not recklessness?
而不是危险驾驶造成
We're questioning the officer right now.
我们现在正在诘问警官
Hold on, Mrs. Florrick.
稍等,福瑞克夫人
Thanks.
谢谢
Look, can I call you back?
我等会儿给你打回去好吗
Yeah, I know. I saw that.
是啊,我也看到了
It's weird, huh?
挺奇怪的,对吧
...which is why
...因此
we concluded that, uh, black ice was not a likely cause.
我们认为黑冰不太可能导致车祸
Very well.
很好
Thank you, Officer.
谢谢你,警官
Mr. Claypool, may I ask a question?
克莱普先生,我能问个问题吗
Mr. Gardner has already asked all the questions
加德纳先生已经代表路德维格夫人的
for Mrs. Ludwig's legal team, Mr. Coroner.
律师团问完所有问题了,裁判官先生
No, not all. We have one left.
非也非也,我们还剩一个没问
That is correct.
没错
Ask your question, Mrs. Florrick.
问吧,福瑞克夫人
Officer Rivera...
里韦拉警官...
has the county been replacing
县里最近是不是正在
the dimmer, orange incandescent streetlights on that road
把出事路段上的昏暗橘色白炽路灯
with the brighter L.E.D. lights,
换成更加明亮的LED灯呢
which would mean that the night of the accident,
也就是说车祸当晚
in the hundred yards preceding the bend
在转弯前几百码的路上
in the road, the judge
法官的车
entered a darker stretch that doesn't show
驶入了一个昏暗的
the black ice as well,
看不清黑冰的路段
resulting in the judge having
导致法官不得不
to make a last-second course correction?
在最后一秒才急转弯
Yes.
是的
Thank you.
谢谢你
Looks like an accident to me.
在我看来是起意外
Mr. Hobson, any questions?
霍布森先生,有问题吗
Officer Rivera, upon looking into the cell phone records,
里韦拉警官,根据手机通话记录
did you determine the call the judge was making
你确定了法官在事发当时
at the time of the accident?
正在打电话对吗
Yes, he'd called his voice mail.
对,他当时在听语音留言
And from whom did he receive voice mail messages that night?
当晚都有谁给他留了语音留言呢
There was only one.
只有一条留言
It was from the Illinois Attorney General's office.
来自伊利诺伊州总检察长办公室
Uh, their anti-corruption unit.
是他们的反腐败小组
Last question then. To your knowledge,
最后一个问题,据你所知
what does this anti-corruption unit investigate?
这个反腐败小组调查的是什么呢
Uh, public officials
政府官员的
for, uh, corruption and ethics violations.
腐败和违反职业道德的行为
Mr. Coroner, I'm aware that only you can
裁判官先生,我知道只有您能
introduce evidence, but it is our belief that the deceased
引入证据,但我方相信死者
ran his car off the road in
将车驶出路外
an attempt to commit suicide. Oh, come on.
是为了自杀,拜托
He can't just spin a story
他怎能就这样在陪审团面前
in front of the jury. Mr. Gardner,
捏造一个故事出来,加德纳先生
please. What evidence?
别这样,你有什么证据
Evidence regarding the judge's last weeks,
证据就是在法官出事前几周
when he discovered that he was being investigated for bribery.
他发现自己正因涉嫌受贿被调查
This is outrageous, Mr. Coroner.
这简直令人发指,裁判官先生
Mr. Hobson is trying to void a life insurance policy--
霍布森先生是想使人寿保险合同失效
that's the only reason he's arguing for suicide. Not at all.
所以才说死者是自杀,并非如此
Like Mrs. Ludwig's abundant legal team,
正如路德维格夫人庞大的律师团所说
I'm just trying to get to the truth here. Okay.
我只是竭尽全力发掘真相,好的
Whether it is or is not outrageous, I will decide.
是否令人发指,由我来决断
Please have your evidence
请于明天呈上
ready tomorrow, and I will review.
你的证据,我会审阅
What'd I do?
我做错了什么吗
Nothing. We thought we would just talk.
没有,我们就是谈谈
You've been doing great work with I.T., Zach.
你在IT部门做得很棒,扎克
We are really thrilled.
我们都为之激动
Okay.
好的
So, you and your girlfriend,
你和你的女朋友
y-you're pretty serious, right?
你们挺认真的,是吧
Yeah.
是啊
This is about Nisa?
这与妮莎有关
No. Well...
a little.
有一点儿关系
I remember my first girlfriend in high school.
我还记得我高中的初恋女友
She meant everything to me.
她当时对我来说就是一切
Nisa's not my first girlfriend.
妮莎不是我的初恋女友
Oh. Well...
这样啊
that's good to know.
很高兴知道
Do you mind if, uh, I show you a tweet
你介不介意我给你看一条
that your girlfriend sent out?
你女朋友发的微博
Uh, wh-what tweet? Yeah.
什么微博,喂
Okay.
What, right now? Okay, okay.
什么,现在吗,好吧,好吧
They need me to change something in the stump.
他们找我去改一下演说词
I'll be right back.
马上回来
I can't believe you're trying to break them up.
难以置信你要逼他俩分手
Do you see me doing anything?
你看见我做什么了
See, the thing is,
关键是
Zach, that... you have to start thinking
扎克,你得开始考虑
about all your relationships in relation to the campaign.
你的每段感情对竞选的影响
'Cause there is already a spotlight on your mom and dad.
因为大家的目光已经在你父母身上了
See if they're done.
去看看他们谈完了没
I'm not seeing if they're done.
我才不会去看
Nora, I am the boss. You are the...
诺拉,我是上司,你是...
Oh, Zach,
扎克
is everything all right? What's wrong?
一切还好吗,怎么了
It's nothing. I'm fine.
没事,我很好
What is it? What'd he say?
怎么了,他说了什么
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
Mr. Agos, I heard we were representing you now.
艾格斯先生,听说你是我们的客户了
Yes, well, I figured, anything I could do to help Cary, why not?
对,我想反正能帮到凯里,何乐不为
You know, I saw your name listed with the partners.
我注意到你已经是合伙人了
Aren't you the same year as Cary?
你不是和凯里同年进律所的吗
Well, we came in together, but then Cary left
我们的确同时进来,但后来凯里离开了
and came back again, and we're thrilled to have him.
之后才又回来,我们都很高兴他回来
So he's not on the partner track?
这么说他还不能当合伙人
No, no. I'm, um... Yes.
对,我...他可以
He definitely will be. Soon.
他肯定会成为合伙人的,很快
Dad. Hi, son. I got sidetracked with Alicia.
爸,儿子,我偶遇了艾丽西娅
You know, it's fantastic how quickly she made partner.
她这么快就当上合伙人真是太棒了
And if that doesn't light a fire under you,
如果这都没让你有点动力
I don't know what will.
不知道还有什么能行了
Christie Yeargin. I've been an investigator
我是克里斯蒂·耶尔金,在伊州
at the Illinois Attorney General's office for six years.
总检察长办公室做了六年的调查员
Apologies for the temperature in here, ma'am.
抱歉我们这很冷,女士
I've asked for some space heaters in here.
我已经叫人拿些小型电暖器过来了
Now, you were in charge
对罗杰·路德维格法官的
of the investigation into Justice Roger Ludwig? Yes.
审查是由你负责的吗,对
Ms. Yeargin, what was the basis
耶尔金女士,对路德维格法官
for the investigation into Justice Ludwig?
进行调查的依据是什么
We had him pegged as a bribery target.
我们认为他有受贿嫌疑
I see. Did this have anything to do with his participation
明白了,这和在场的加德纳先生参与的
in a Wednesday night basketball game with Mr. Gardner over here?
周三晚上的篮球赛有没有关系呢
Yes and no.
有也没有
We started looking into the deceased
我们对死者进行调查的起因
because of the basketball games, but...
是篮球赛,但是...
we continued our investigation
我们把调查进行下去
because of Justice Ludwig's financial troubles.
是因为路德维格法官的财务问题
He and his wife were a little overextended on their mortgage.
他和妻子透支了他们的抵押额度
You have only one more question, Mr. Hobson.
你还可以问一个问题,霍布森先生
Yes. Thank you.
好的,谢谢
Ms. Yeargin, during your investigation of Justice Ludwig,
耶尔金女士,对路德维格法官的调查中
would you say that the combination of this attention,
你觉得由此给他带来的压力
along with his obviously precarious finances,
以及他明显有问题的财务状况
was making him depressed-- depressed enough, in fact,
会让他意志消沉吗,消沉到让他
to do something desperate, something like suicide?
做出绝望的举动,比如自杀
Well, he wasn't happy about it.
他当然对此并不开心
But beyond that, I couldn't say.
但我也只能说到这了
Nice speech, Mr. Hobson.
说得好,霍布森先生
Way to hit the suicide theme.
自杀故事编得真不错
Ms. Yeargin, how many judges
耶尔金女士,总检察长办公室
does the Attorney General's office investigate every year?
每年会对多少法官进行调查
Depends on the year.
看每年情况
Oh, we're always looking for potential corruption targets.
我们总在寻找潜在的受贿对象
And how many of these investigations actually bear...
这些调查有多少是最终...
Strike that. How many times does your investigation
换个说法,你们的调查中有多少
actually lead to charges being filed against the judge?
最终能对法官提起诉讼
Thankfully, not very often. And in this case,
幸好还不算多,那在本案中
you didn't have any solid evidence
你并没有任何确凿证据
that Justice Ludwig had actually accepted a bribe, did you?
表明路德维格法官有受贿行为,对吗
Not yet, but we were working on it.
还没有,但我们还在调查
And did you feel that...
你是不是觉得...
Thank you. Nothing further.
谢谢,我问完了
Uh... you're sure you don't want to wait for Kalinda?
你们确定不等凯琳达回来再说吗
No, we have to get back to...
是的,我们得赶回...
the morgue. It's okay, Robyn.
太平间,没关系,罗宾
We just need a rundown on the facts.
你把事实简单说一下就可以了
Okay, um...
好的
well, the Ludwigs, they-they did have financial problems.
路德维格夫妇的确有财务问题
And as far as we can tell, Mr. Ludwig-Justice Ludwig--
据我们所知,路德维格先生...法官
kept them from his wife-- the money troubles.
对他妻子隐瞒了这些财务问题
And the bribery investigation is based on a lawyer
受贿调查的依据是源于
who was accused of bribing judges.
一位被指控向法官行贿的律师
It's okay. We don't need to go into that.
可以了,这点不用多说了
Okay. Um,
好的
the justice's last day:
法官的最后一天是这么过的
he had dinner that night at 8 p.m. with a friend,
晚上八点和一位朋友吃了饭
Jared Bigelow, a lobbyist.
叫杰瑞德·比格洛,一位说客
And... Oh, we were able to download the judge's I-PASS.
还有,我们下载到了法官的"我通过"
Do you know what that is?
你们知道那是什么吧
From the Tri-State Tollway? Yes, we do.
三州收费公路上那个,我们知道
Well, the last record we could find
我们能找到的最末一条记录是
is that he exited the tollway at 10:37 p.m.,
他在10点37分离开了高速公路
but what's strange is the accident was at 11:42.
但奇怪的是事故发生在11:42
And why is that strange?
奇怪在哪里
It took him an hour to travel four miles.
他一小时才行驶了4英里
You checked where he might've stopped?
你们有没有查他可能在哪里停下
There are only two options at that exit:
那段路上只有两个可能
a gas station and a motel.
一个加油站和一家汽车旅馆
Let's not update Mrs. Ludwig on this until we know for sure.
我们弄清楚前先别告诉路德维格夫人
But keep up the good work.
但干得好,再接再厉
The application fee for a marijuana dispensary
大麻药房的申请费
increases from $2,000 to $5,000. That's good.
从2000涨到了5000美元,不错
The license fee ought to increase as well though, don't you think?
执照费也应该有所上涨,你觉得呢
I didn't want to get greedy.
我不想这么贪婪
It's good for the state budget.
这对州预算有好处
Well... I think...
我觉得...
it might start to seem obvious
这或许会让人开始怀疑
that the initiative isn't exactly genuine.
这个提案并不是出自真心
Dispensary locations to be at least 300 yards away
药房选址至少得在最近的学校
from the nearest school. We should change that to 500.
274米开外,我们应该改为457米
We're the third-largest school district in the country.
我们是全国第三大学区
If you make it 500...
如果你改为457米...
It makes it more difficult to find a location for a shop.
会让药房的选址更困难
It makes it transparent that the law isn't about medical marijuana.
这会清楚表明提案关心的不是药用大麻
It's about protecting your market.
而是为了保护你的市场
Do we have some problem here?
你有什么问题吗
I don't think so.
没觉得啊
Maybe we should ask a partner to sit in,
或许我们该请个合伙人过来
help supervise.
帮忙监管一下
Sure.
当然
If that's what you want.
如果你想这样的话
Would you two like a room?
你们要开房吗
Uh, no.
不用
I just would like to ask you some questions.
我只是想问你几个问题
Am I in some kind of trouble?
我惹上麻烦了吗
I don't think so.
不是
Were you working here on the night of March 2?
3月2日晚上是你在这值班吗
Um, I work every night except Tuesday and Sunday, s-so...
除了周二和周日晚上我都在,所以
So, that's a yes.
所以,你在
Do you remember
你还记得
if you saw this man that night?
那晚你有没有见过这个男人
I'm not supposed to give information out about our guests
我不能随意给出客人的信息
unless it's to the police.
除非是警察来问
Are you the police?
你们是警察吗
No.
不是
Sure.
好吧
He was here. He had a room, paid cash.
他是来过,开了间房,付的现金
Was he with anyone?
有其他人吗
He checked in alone, but...
他登记时是一个人,但是...
when he left, he was with a woman.
他离开时,和一个女人在一起
A blonde woman.
一个金发女人
They were arguing.
他们在吵架
Did you hear what they were yelling?
你听到他们在吵什么了吗
No. He got into his car,
没有,他进了他的车
she got into her SUV.
她进了她的越野车
They both left.
然后都开走了
Do you remember anything about the SUV?
能说说那辆越野车吗
It was nighttime.
当时很晚了
All I could see was that it was a dark four-door, I think...
我只看见那是辆暗色四开门的车
Oh, it had... it had one of those license plates.
有...有那种车牌照
Which license plate? The specialty ones.
哪种车牌照,特殊的那种
I-I didn't see the number, but it had a bird on it.
我没看见牌号,但我看见上面画了只鸟
Okay.
好的
Thanks.
谢了
It's hard to work with a relative, isn't it?
和亲人一起工作很困难,是吧
Not really.
还好吧
Why?
怎么了
Your dad. It must be difficult.
你父亲,和他共事一定很难受吧
When personal feelings enter into legal work,
当个人感情混杂进法律事务
it makes everything a big emotional stew.
一切都会带上感情色彩
Did I do something?
我做错什么了吗
No, no.
没有没有
I just think, um...
我只是想...
we want to give the Emmonds team everything they want.
我们要满足艾蒙药业的一切需求
Defer to them.
遵照他们的要求
It's a good client to keep happy.
让这个客户满意不会错的
Did my dad talk to you?
是我爸找你谈话了吗
That's not important, Cary.
这不重要,凯里
I should keep closer tabs on this, anyway.
反正我也会多关注这事
What did he say? Nothing.
他说什么了,没有
Cary...everything's fine.
凯里,一切都好
I'd just like to sit in on the next meeting.
我只是想出席你们的下次会议
If you don't mind. No. I don't.
如果你不介意的话,我不介意
That would be good.
那很好
Great. Keep up the good work.
很好,继续加油
Last Saturday night?
上周六晚
Yeah. Gas station on Route 2,
对,二号公路上的加油站
down the road from the motel.
就在从汽车旅馆出来的路上
The attendant said he couldn't see the road
服务生说看不到街上的情况
because your tanker was blocking his view.
因为被你的油罐车挡了视线
So who are you two, Cagney and Lacey?
你俩是什么人,美国警花吗
Uh, there was a crash a few minutes later.
当晚几分钟后发生一起车祸
We're just trying to find out if anyone saw anything.
我们只是想找目击证人
Sure, I saw something. What do I get for telling you?
我看到了,但告诉你们有什么好处呢
A clear conscience that you did the right thing.
做件好事,问心无愧
Yeah. What else?
好,还有什么
I didn't see the crash, but I saw the cars.
我没看到车祸,但看见了那些车
Uh, cars?
那些车
There was more than one? Yes.
不只一辆车吗,对
There was a sedan in front and a black SUV behind it.
一辆轿车,后面跟着一辆黑色越野车
And it came up fast, honking the horn,
那辆车很快追了上去,按着喇叭
lights flashing-- it was totally out of control.
闪着灯,完全失控了
Uh, the black SUV?
那辆黑色越野车吗
Yes.
And I'm sorry
还有,很抱歉
for the way I talked to you before.
刚才那样跟你说话
That's okay.
没关系
Who's the woman?
那个女人是谁
We're not sure. All we know is that she's blonde,
我们不确定,只知道她是金发
probably in her 40s and that she was arguing with Ludwig.
大概40多岁,在和路德维格吵架
Sounds like a jilted mistress.
听着像是个被抛弃的情人
Well, we can't say definitively.
还不能确定
They had an argument.
他们吵架来着
Maybe he broke it off, she wasn't happy.
也许他提出分手,她不高兴
She chases after him, drives him off the road.
她追着他,逼他开出了公路
Do you believe that? It's not what I believe,
你信吗,不是我信不信的问题
it's what the coroner believes.
裁判员会相信
He's already intrigued by suicide--
他已经有点相信自杀理论了
let's see if we can intrigue him with murder.
我们试试能不能让他相信是谋杀
Kalinda, you line up this motel clerk as a witness,
凯琳达,争取让这个旅馆职员来作证
and we'll look for some precedent
我们会找些先例
for admitting it in an inquest.
好把这证据引入审问
Okay. Good.
好的,没问题
What did you tell that guy?
你跟那人说了什么
Come on.
拜托
Tell me.
告诉我嘛
While the people sleep, I lie awake
当众人沉睡,唯我独醒
Encased in dreams
被梦境围绕
That carry me
它带着我
To a distant sound
追寻遥远的声音
To undertake
去承担重任
I feel its way
我感觉到
Even though I
即使我
Am helpless of
对这强迫
The force...
无能为力
What did you find?
发现什么了
AML v. Hellman.
反洗钱局诉赫尔曼案
Yes. That's what I have.
对,我也发现了
You do not.
你才没有
You're right. What is it?
你说得对,那是什么
Lawsuit over a biased inquest--
对有偏见的死因裁决的上诉
insufficient evidence.
理由是证据不足
It'll make the coroner so afraid of a lawsuit,
这会让裁判官害怕被上诉
he won't dare pass on murder evidence.
而不敢漏掉谋杀证据
Good. You argue it. Okay.
很好,你来辩,好的
Will Peter have a problem
彼得会介意
if I go to the Chicago Shamrock Dinner?
我去参加芝加哥三叶草晚宴吗
Will he have a... problem with it?
他会...介意吗
No. Are you going?
不会,你要去吗
We got a table.
我们有个位子
Are you?
你呢
Uh, yes.
Okay.
好的
I don't want to be wary of you, Alicia.
我不想总提防着你,艾丽西娅
I know.
我知道
I don't like it.
我也不喜欢这样
Feels like we're avoiding each other.
好像我们在躲着对方
I know. I liked it when we were friends.
是啊,我喜欢我们做朋友的时候
Me, too.
我也是
Then let's do that.
那我们就做朋友吧
Okay.
好的
Okay. Good night.
好了,晚安
Nisa, I didn't know you were here.
妮莎,我不知道你在
I'm leaving.
我这就走
Nisa...
妮莎...
is something wrong? Um, nothing.
出什么事了吗,没事
I-I'm just, um... nothing.
我...我只是,没事
Good night, Mrs. Florrick.
晚安,福瑞克夫人
Hey, Mom.
Grace, do you know what's wrong with Nisa?
格蕾丝,你知道妮莎怎么了吗
Oh, yeah. Zach broke up with her.
扎克跟她分手了
Hey... Wait, I thought they were doing good.
等等,我以为他俩感情挺好的
Yeah, well, the campaign told Zach to cool it.
是的,但竞选的人要求他分手
The campaign?
竞选的人
Yeah, the whole picture thing.
对,说要他顾全大局
Okay, Grace, talk to me as if I weren't omniscient.
格蕾丝,给我讲清楚前因后果
There's a picture with Zach and Nisa
有张扎克和妮莎的照片
and it's with her Muslim parents,
里面还有她的穆斯林父母
and it looked like it might hurt Dad.
看起来可能会对爸爸不利
According to who? Eli?
谁说的,伊莱吗
Mm-mm, Jordan.
不是,乔丹
He sat down with Zach,
他和扎克聊了聊
and then Zach broke up with Nisa.
之后扎克就甩了妮莎
Why does everyone think it's all right to parent my children?
怎么所有人都觉得可以来管教我的孩子
Alicia!
艾丽西娅
Not now, Eli.
现在不行,伊莱
How dare you counsel my son on his personal life
你怎么敢不经我同意就对我儿子的
without my permission.
私生活指手画脚
Mrs. Florrick, I don't think that you...
福瑞克夫人,我觉得你没有...
Why don't we talk in here. No.
我们进去聊吧,不
If this is about the Muslim photo,
如果这跟穆斯林照片有关
Zach asked if the photo was affecting the campaign,
是扎克问我照片是否会影响到竞选
and I told him the truth.
而我实话告诉他了
I said we're taking the hit. That's it.
我说我们会受此影响,仅此而已
I didn't tell him what to do.
我没有要他怎么做
He's 17 years old, and adores his father--
他17岁,又很敬仰他爸爸
what did you think he would do?
你觉得他会怎么做
Mrs. Florrick, with all due respect,
福瑞克夫人,恕我直言
it was only a matter of time before this became
这件事迟早会对你丈夫
a serious problem for your husband.
造成严重的影响
That is not the issue!
那不是重点
You stepped way over the line.
你简直太过分了
Don't you ever approach my son again.
永远别再靠近我儿子
Ever.
永远
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
I am so sorry. I warned him about the family issues,
真抱歉,我警告过他别碰家庭事务
but I think his other campaigns ran differently.
但可能他以前做竞选的方式不同
Okay, Eli.
听着,伊莱
I don't know what the game is here,
我不知道这里有什么名堂
but if you're using me, stop.
但如果你在利用我,请你停止
Okay?
好吗
Okay.
好的
Why don't you give it a rest, Mr. Hobson.
你省省吧好吗,霍布森先生
Obfuscation. You're the one that brought up suicide.
奇怪了,是你提出自杀理论的
Wait, wait, wait...
等等,等等
One at a time.
一个一个说
Mr. Hobson.
霍布森先生
Mr. Gardner is advocating this witness
加德纳先生想引入这名证人是为了
to push the ridiculous theory that Justice Ludwig was murdered.
鼓吹路德维格法官被谋杀这个荒谬的理论
AML v. Hellman, Mr. Coroner.
反洗钱局诉赫尔曼案,裁判官先生
The coroner in Hellman was found biased
赫尔曼案中的裁判官被认定有偏见裁判
because he only entertained one proposition of a case.
因为他只对案子中的一个理论感兴趣
Fairness demands
公平原则要求
that a jury not only hear evidence as to suicide...
陪审团不仅听取自杀的证据...
There is simply no foundation...
这完全没有根据
A moment, Mr. Hobson.
等一下,霍布森先生
Danny, you can bring in the jury.
丹尼,请陪审团进来吧
We'll hear from your witness,
我们听听你们的证人说什么
Mr. Gardner, Mrs. Florrick.
加德纳先生,福瑞克夫人
I better go prepare her.
我最好去给她提个醒
Yes, good luck with that.
好,祝你好运
Oh, God.
天呐
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
Janie, I hate to ask you this,
珍妮,我不想问你这个
but do you have any idea who this blonde woman might be?
但你知道那个金发女人会是谁吗
What, the one that my husband was screwing in a motel room? No!
我丈夫在汽车旅馆幽会的人吗,不知道
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I'm...
我...
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's just that I've-I've lost him
一周之内,我失去了他
and now his love all in one week.
现在我又失去了他的爱
I don't know what I have left.
我不知道还剩下什么
His debts, I suppose.
可能就只有他的债务了
Is everything all right?
事情都还顺利吗
Well, your father has some
你父亲有个
unfortunate news about the Emmonds Pharmaceutical account.
关于艾蒙药业的坏消息
I was just telling Diane that I owe your firm an apology...
我正向戴安表达我对贵律所的歉意
but a decision has been made to go with Jennings/Albright.
但公司最后决定用詹宁斯/奥伯莱律所
You're pulling your business?
你要撤回你的业务
Management has expressed concerns about Lockhart/Gardner's history
管理层考虑到洛克哈特&加德纳律所
of pursuing big pharma with class actions.
曾对大型制药公司进行集体诉讼
I have assured Mr. Agos
我已向艾格斯先生保证
that our past work won't impede
我们过去的工作不会妨碍
our total commitment in this matter.
我们全力以赴为客户效劳
Of course not. There's no conflict here.
当然不会,这里面不存在利益冲突
That's the very point I made to the board, but the CEO thinks
我也是这样劝说董事会的,但执行总裁
that the optics are wrong.
认为这个观点不对
This is my mistake.
这是我的失误
I should've prepared them.
我应该给他们做好思想工作的
Is there any way for us to resolve this?
有什么办法可以解决这个问题吗
I'm afraid not.
恐怕没有
And I'm very sorry.
非常抱歉
Diane, this is... this is a complete surprise.
戴安,这...这完全出乎我的意料
Yes.
是的
For me, too.
也出乎我的意料
Okay.
Who's she? No idea.
她是谁,不知道
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
各位陪审员
as you know, we are now considering
正如你们所知,现在要考虑
not only a theory of accidental death
三种可能性,意外死亡
as well as a theory of suicide,
以及自杀
but also a theory, potentially, of homicide.
还有可能是谋杀
Which is why...
因此
Assistant State's Attorney of Lake County Shirley Mann
莱克县助理检察官雪莉·曼恩
has joined us for the duration.
在此期间将帮助我们开展工作
Thank you, Mr. Claypool.
谢谢,克莱普先生
At this time, if possible,
现在,如果可以的话
I'd like to ask a few questions of Mrs. Ludwig.
我想问路德维格夫人几个问题
Mr. Claypool, I'm not sure
克莱普先生,我不太确定
how my client's testimony is relevant in this regard.
我委托人的证词与此事有何关联
I'm not, either.
我也不太确定
But the ASA has an absolute right
但是助理检察官有绝对的权利
to join in these proceedings.
来参与审理过程
Mrs. Ludwig, please.
路德维格夫人,请上前来
Make your answers short and declarative.
做简短和陈述性的回答
Thank you, Mrs. Ludwig.
谢谢,路德维格夫人
I am very sorry for your loss, and I apologize
请节哀顺变,同时也很抱歉
for having to question you at this time.
这个时候要问你这些问题
Now, according to the statement you gave the police,
根据你给警方提供的口供
you were home the night of March 2, is that correct?
3月2日晚上你在家,对吗
Yes. I hadn't wanted to go
是的,我不想
to the dinner my husband was attending.
和我丈夫一起去吃晚餐
I didn't feel well.
我觉得不太舒服
And you were at home until you were notified
凌晨12点20分左右被告知
of your husband's death at approximately 12:20 a.m.? Yes.
你丈夫死讯之前你都在家吗,是的
Now, as Coroner Claypool has explained,
如裁判官克莱普所说
this is not a courtroom,
这不是法庭
but you are still under oath.
但你仍然宣誓会说实话
Do you wish to stand by that statement?
你还是坚持原来的说法吗
Mr. Claypool, I'm advising my client to
克莱普先生,我建议我的委托人
invoke her Fifth Amendment right not to testify.
行使其第五修正案的权利,不作证
All... all right, everyone.
好了,各位
Mrs. Ludwig?
路德维格夫人
On counsel's advice,
根据律师建议
I am invoking my Fifth Amendment right not to answer.
我要行使第五修正案的权利,不予回答
Mrs. Ludwig,
路德维格夫人
this is an affidavit from your neighbor stating that he heard you
这是你邻居提供的证词,他听见
leave on the night in question, shortly before 10:00 p.m.,
你在事发当晚10点前离开家
and that according to him,
据他所说
you didn't return until almost midnight.
你在午夜时刻才回家
Mrs. Ludwig, where did you go
路德维格夫人,3月2日晚上
between 10:00 p.m. and midnight, March 2?
十点到十二点之间,你去了哪里
On counsel's advice,
根据律师建议
I am invoking my Fifth Amendment right
我要行使第五修正案的权利
not to answer.
不作回答
So, you did know about the affair?
所以你知道他有婚外情是吗
I suspected.
我怀疑过
I wasn't sure.
我不确定
Did you lie to the police about your whereabouts
关于你在你丈夫死亡时的行踪
at the time of your husband's death?
你对警察说了谎是吗
Yes.
是的
When he mentioned the dinner,
他说要出去吃晚餐
I got suspicious.
我就有疑虑
I thought about calling Bigelow,
我想过打电话给比格洛
but I knew I wouldn't get a straight answer out of him.
但我知道他不会对我说实话
He and Roger were very close,
他和罗杰关系很铁
and he had covered for Roger before.
他以前就帮罗杰隐瞒
This wasn't the first time your husband had been unfaithful?
这不是你丈夫第一次出轨吗
Where did you go that night, Mrs. Ludwig?
路德维格夫人,那天晚上你去了哪
I drove to the restaurant.
我开车去了餐厅
When I saw he wasn't there,
当我发现他不在时
I drove around to a couple of places I thought he might be.
我就开车去了一些他可能去的地方
Then I just drove around angry for a while, and then, I went home.
我很生气,兜了一圈后就回家了
Then the phone rang, and everything changed.
然后电话就响了,一切都变了
I know I should have told you.
我知道我早该告诉你们
I just didn't think that it was important,
我只是之前没觉得这很重要
and I was embarrassed.
而且我觉得很丢人
Did I just lose this?
我们会输吗
It's not about losing the insurance money anymore.
这不仅仅是可能失去保险金了
You're in danger of being arrested.
你有可能被捕
Diane.
戴安
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
Mr. Agos, I wasn't expecting you.
艾格斯先生,我没想到你会来
We received the call from your general counsel.
我们接到了你公司首席顾问的电话
Yes, about that.
是,关于那件事
Now, look, I may have overstepped a bit
为了帮我儿子,我可能有些越线了
in trying to help out my son, and if so, mea culpa.
如果是这样的话,我向你道歉
Parents are blind when it comes to their children.
一遇到子女的事,家长就会变得盲目
Indeed. What I'm saying is,
确实,我想说的是
I think there may be a way for us to salvage this.
这件事可能还有挽回的机会
If we could get a few more partners on the account
如果再添几个合伙人参与到这项业务
so that our GC doesn't feel like
那么我们的首席顾问
we're in the hands of a fourth-year associate.
就不会觉得我们在被一个四年律师打点
Diane?
戴安
I'd like you to meet Dale Dazzo,
我介绍一下,这位是戴尔·达佐
the CEO of Emmonds Pharmaceuticals.
艾蒙药业的执行总裁
Well, it's a pleasure.
很高兴见到你
Cary happened to catch me at lunch.
午餐时,凯里找到我
He's been telling me about your firm's lobbying work.
他跟我谈了你们公司游说方面的工作
And your connection to the SA's office.
还有你们和州检办的联系
Very impressive.
非常有吸引力
There was some nervousness
我们的一个副总裁
from one of our VPs,
对你们有些担心
but I think we'd be fools to go anywhere else.
但我觉得贵公司才是我们明智的选择
I couldn't agree more.
我非常同意
Well, we're happy to hear that.
很高兴听你这么说
Dale, Dad, welcome to Lockhart/Gardner.
戴尔,父亲,洛克哈特&加德纳律所
Again.
再次欢迎你们
No, I am impressed, Cary.
凯里,做得不错
I mean, that was a remarkable save.
你挽回了客户,很不简单
And you're good with Dazzo.
而且你和达佐相处得很好
That is not easy.
那可不容易
Oh, I don't know.
我不知道
He said that you're doing pretty good, too.
他说你做得也很不错
You know, we could always work together.
我们可以父子联手
Unfortunately, Mr. Dazzo thought it would be better
遗憾的是,达佐认为
if I worked directly with the general counsel.
我直接跟首席顾问联系会更好
Without any middlemen.
不用再经由他人
You understand?
你能理解吧
He didn't say that.
他不会那么说的
He did.
他说了
You hold a grudge, don't you?
你还耿耿于怀,对吧
No.
没有
Dad, no, I don't.
老爸,我没有
I'm too busy to hold grudges.
我太忙了,没时间记仇
Take care.
保重
Thanks for the business.
谢谢你介绍的生意
Janie Ludwig said you and her husband
珍妮·路德维格说你和她先生
were good friends.
曾是好朋友
We were.
是的
Bethany and I were devastated when we heard the news.
贝瑟尼和我听到那消息都崩溃了
Did he bring anyone to dinner with him that evening?
那晚他有没有带别人一起去吃晚饭
No, Janie didn't come.
没有,珍妮没来
It was just us catching up.
就我们俩聊聊天
We meant, anyone
我们是问,有没有
besides Mrs. Ludwig.
除了路德维格夫人以外的人
No.
没有
No, no, no, no. No.
没有,没有
Janie and Roger had some rough spots,
珍妮和罗杰的婚姻的确碰到过难关
but that was a... a long time ago.
但那是...很久以前的事
There was a colleague he was seeing about a year ago,
一年前他跟一个同事出轨了
but we sat him down, and he broke it off.
但我们跟他谈过后,他就停止了
He's been a faithful man ever since.
从那以后他一直很忠诚
This colleague a year ago-- was she blonde?
一年前的这个同事,是金发吗
No. Why?
不是,为什么问这个
Hey, babe. Everything all right?
亲爱的,发生什么事了
Just some, uh, investigators with the Ludwigs' attorneys.
是路德维格夫妇律师团的调查员
They had some questions about Roger.
他们有些关于罗杰的问题
It's terrible what happened.
发生那样的事真是太可怕了
They think Roger might have been murdered.
他们认为罗杰可能是被谋杀的
Oh, my gosh.
天哪
What do you think?
你怎么想
I think that's a very unique license plate.
我觉得那是个非常独特的车牌
What do you want to do?
你想怎么做
What?
干吗
You were sleeping with Justice Ludwig,
你跟路德维格法官有染
and you fought with him the night he was murdered.
他出事当晚你跟他吵过架
Go away. Ok, well, if you won't talk with us,
滚开,好,如果你不想跟我们谈
we can always talk to your husband.
我们可以找你老公谈
Yes, Roger and I were seeing each other,
没错,罗杰和我在交往
but I had nothing to do with his death.
但我跟他的死没有任何关系
We fought at the motel because I was breaking up with him.
我们在旅馆吵架是因为我要跟他分手
After that, I drove straight home.
那之后我就开车回家了
Right, and can anyone confirm that?
好吧,有人能证明吗
My husband.
我老公
But it will destroy my marriage. Please.
但这么做会毁了我的婚姻,求求你们
We know there was another vehicle involved.
我们知道还有另外一辆车
Did you see anyone else that night?
那晚你看到过其他人吗
As I was driving the other way,
我开车离开的时候
I passed an SUV speeding, swerving.
看到一辆越野车加速迂回着开过去
It was headed in the same direction as Roger.
是朝着罗杰的方向
And you didn't report it?
这件事你居然没上报
I couldn't.
我做不到
Janie is a friend of mine.
珍妮是我的朋友
He was driven off the road?
他是被逼下路面的吗
Yes, by a drunk driver
是的,被一个喝醉的司机
with .10 blood alcohol.
血液酒精浓度0.10%
So, a new, new, new theory.
又有全新的理论了
I move that we skip the preliminaries
我提议跳过初步听证
and just get to the man on the grassy knoll.
直接审问嫌疑人
Yeah, before we get to that, Mr. Hobson,
在那之前,霍布森先生
I need to hear this one out.
我需要先听听这个
His name is Landon Boyce.
他的名字叫兰德·博伊斯
20 minutes after Justice Ludwig crashed his car,
路德维格法官撞车20分钟后
Landon Boyce was pulled over
兰德·博伊斯在同一条路上
for a DUI on the same road.
因为酒驾被警察拦下
And yet the police haven't said boo about any of this?
但警方对此什么也没有透露吗
The Lake County Police never mentioned this DUI
莱克郡警方从没提到过这起酒驾
because they didn't know about it.
因为他们根本不知道
The arrest happened two miles into Cook County.
他在进入库克郡两公里的地方被逮捕
The only thing this proves is that some guy on the same
这只能证明了有个人在同一路段
stretch of highway got hit with a DUI.
因为酒驾被抓住了
There's nothing to suggest he drove the judge off the road.
不能证明是他让法官驶离了路面
Mr. Claypool, we'd like to submit
克莱普先生,我们想呈上
the EDR from Mr. Boyce's SUV.
博伊斯先生车上的EDR
E.D...?
ED什么
Event data recorder.
行车记录仪
It's like the little black box for a car.
就好比用在汽车上的黑匣子
11:42 p.m.,
晚11点42分
the exact moment of the judge's accident,
就在法官遭遇车祸时
the EDR shows Mr. Boyce's SUV
行车记录仪显示博伊斯先生的越野车
swerved and braked hard,
突然转向而且猛地刹车
coming to a full stop before accelerating again.
完全停住然后又加速前进
Justice Ludwig swerved to avoid being hit and
路德维格法官调转方向以避免冲撞
crashed into the guardrail.
结果冲向了护栏
Well,
那么
Mr. Hobson,
霍布森先生
of all the theories I've heard from both sides,
听了来自双方的这么多理论
this is the first one
这是头一个
that's had something resembling hard evidence.
有类似铁证的推测
I'm gonna let the jury hear it.
我会让陪审团听这个证据
I never expected them to settle.
我从来没指望他们会和解
Certainly not for the full amount.
更没指望会得到全部保险金
Wilk Hobson couldn't risk it going to a jury.
威尔克·霍布森不敢冒险面对陪审团
If they'd ruled it was an accident,
如果他们裁决为意外
Wolf & Bland would have had to pay double.
沃&布保险公司就要赔双倍了
We're just sorry about everything
对于发现的这些事
that was laid out on the table.
我们深表遗憾
There's no need to be sorry about the truth.
没必要为真相道歉
A victory all around.
大获全胜
Yup.
没错
I'll see you at the Chicago Shamrock Dinner?
芝加哥三叶草晚宴上见吧
Yes.
You do know it's white tie, right?
你知道要穿整套燕尾服的对吧
What?
什么
What's going on here?
发生什么事了
I'm going.
我要走了
You're going? Where are you going?
你要走,去哪儿
Come on. You set me up, and I didn't even see it coming.
拜托,你陷害我,而我根本没预料到
Nicely played.
干得漂亮
I have no idea what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Peter relieved me.
彼得把我炒了
Got involved in the family business,
因为我搅和他家里的事
so he asked me to take a step back.
所以他让我退下来
Gosh. That's terrible.
天哪,太可怕了
And all I wanted to do was help him win, Eli.
我只是想帮他获胜,伊莱
Yeah. That's all you wanted to do.
是啊,那是你的唯一目标
Some people aren't like you.
有些人跟你不一样
We're too busy dealing with politics in the field
我们在政坛上搞政治已经精疲力尽
to want politics in the office.
实在不想再搞办公室政治了
Hold on, let me write that down.
等一下,让我写下来
Good luck, Eli.
祝你好运,伊莱
You're gonna die a sad and lonely old man
你到死都会是个伤心孤独的老男人
'cause you don't trust anyone.
因为你不信任任何人
The Florrick campaign thanks you for your contribution. Good-bye.
福瑞克竞选团队感谢你的贡献,再见
You look like a princess.
你看上去像个公主
This was marked down 60%, so, thank you.
这条裙子打四折买的,谢谢你
Nice, Mom.
真漂亮,妈妈
Grandma Veronica called.
维罗妮卡姥姥打电话来
She said she's stopping by
她说要在去
before she goes to her St. Patrick's Day party.
圣帕特里克节派对前,来看看我们
Ooh, that should be fun.
那肯定会很欢乐
You want us to hide the alcohol?
要我们把酒藏起来吗
It's St. Patrick's Day in Chicago.
在芝加哥过圣帕特里克节
Hiding it won't make a difference.
藏起来也没有用
Have fun tonight.
今晚玩得开心点
Love you. Love you, too.
爱你,我也爱你
What happened with Nisa?
你和妮莎怎么样了
Oh, it's okay, Mom.
没事儿,妈妈
No. Zach, the campaign, these campaigns--
不,扎克,这个竞选,这些竞选
they...
他们...
You date whoever you want.
你想和谁约会就和谁约会
It really is okay, Mom.
真的没关系,妈妈
I was going to break up with her anyways.
反正我也准备和她分手了
No, Zach, the campaign will survive.
不,扎克,竞选还会继续
Seriously, I-I was going to break up with her.
真的,我本来就要跟她分手
College is right around the corner,
我马上要去上大学
and she wanted to get more serious.
她却希望跟我发展得更认真
Go to your party. I'm fine.
去参加派对吧,我没事儿
My dewy-eyed Disney bride, what has tried
我天真无邪的迪斯尼新娘,试过什么
Singles ads
单身广告
They run you hot and cold like a rheostat
他们对你像对变阻器一样忽冷忽热
I mean a thermostat
我是说调温器
So you bite on a towel
所以你咬着毛巾
Hope it won't hurt too bad
希望不要太痛
And she says, "I like long walks and sci-fi movies"...
她说,我喜欢散步和科幻片
if you're six foot tall and east coast bred
如果你身高六尺生长在东岸

重点单词   查看全部解释    
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 
application [.æpli'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 应用; 申请; 专心
n. 应用软件程序

 
consistent [kən'sistənt]

想一想再看

adj. 始终如一的,一致的,坚持的

联想记忆
budget ['bʌdʒit]

想一想再看

n. 预算
vt. 编预算,为 ... 做预算

 
theme [θi:m]

想一想再看

n. 题目,主题

 
relieved [ri'li:vd]

想一想再看

adj. 放心的,放松的,免除的

 
equity ['ekwəti]

想一想再看

n. 权益,产权,(无固定利息的)股票,衡平法

联想记忆
singularity [.siŋgju'læriti]

想一想再看

n. 单独,奇异

 
license ['laisəns]

想一想再看

n. 执照,许可证,特许
vt. 允许,特许,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。