Paisley Group already leads the other Fortune 500 companies
佩斯利集团已经在引领其他财富五百强企业
in the global and industry trend toward consumer use of green products,
向着绿色能耗的全球和行业趋势方向发展
while providing competitive advantages
同时也在全力提升
in efficacy and safety.
产品在功能性和安全性方面的竞争优势
Now, this doesn't mean...
然而,这并不代表...
Not now. Not ever.
现在不行,永远不行
Ah... sounds like our protestor friends agree with us.
这些抗议的朋友们听来似乎很赞同我们
Now is not the time for brunch.
现在确实不是吃早午餐的时候
All right. In short,
总之,长话短说
the merger of our two great companies
我们两大公司的兼并
will ensure our competitive edge.
将确保我们的竞争优势
But more important,
更重要的是
for the pension funds you manage;
对你们管理的养老基金来说
it'll mean a greater return on your investments.
这代表了更丰厚的回报
Now... are there any questions?
现在,有问题吗
Yeah. Mr. Paisley.
有,佩斯利先生
How much domestic workforce
由于这次兼并
would you anticipate shedding as a result of this merger?
你预计将辞退多少国内员工
You sound like one of the protestors out there.
你的语气听着很像外面的抗议者
Regrettably, it could be as much as 20 percent stateside.
很遗憾,在国内可能会多达百分之二十
We're gonna hope to hold to that line.
我们希望尽量不超出这个数
What about the wrongful termination suit
前首席财务官控告贵公司不当解雇的官司
by your former CFO?
怎么样了
Well, I'm not stupid.
我并不傻
I'll leave that to my lawyer.
所以这个就请我的律师来解释吧
Yes. We're confident that this suit has no merit...
我们相信他的控告是毫无依据的
He's claiming he was fired because he was gay.
他声称自己是因为身为同性恋而被解雇的
Yes. He's claiming that.
对,他是那么说的
Kyle Musset was fired for cause.
凯尔·缪塞被解雇是有原因的
He was attempting to sell trade secrets to a competitor...
他试图将公司交易机密卖给竞争对手
If the suit drags on...
如果这个官司拖得太久
it could hang over the stock price.
可能会影响到股票价格
Well, we're in negotiations now and we're confident
我们正在进行谈判,而且我们有信心
that this suit will set...
这场官司很快就...
Down with corporate imperialism!
企业霸权去死吧
Didn't I tell you this was gonna be fun?
我早说过,这案子会很有意思吧
Mr. Canning, hello.
坎宁先生,你好
Alicia's just a few minutes behind you.
艾丽西娅过几分钟就到
So, this is what a start-up looks like.
新律所原来是这样啊
Yep. 35 employees. Seven partners.
对,35个职员,七个合伙人
$21 million in yearly billing.
每年两千一百万收入
Another $5 million and you'll be able to
再花五百万就能给你们的会议室
afford doors for your conference room.
加几扇门了
It's a design choice.
这是我们的设计
Yeah, the design choice
对,设计
that lets other people listen in on your meetings.
但也让别人能听到你们的会议
Lindsay, can you get my sweater from m...?
琳赛,能不能去我办公室拿下我的毛...
Oh. Mr. Canning.
坎宁先生
We ready to put this to bed?
准备让事情平息了吗
Yeah. I'm ready for court, uh...
是,我准备好上庭了
I think we just honor our trial date tomorrow.
我觉得不如明天就上庭吧
My goodness, what happened to you?
天哪,你怎么了
Or is that, uh, another design choice?
还是说这也是设计
Excuse me.
失陪了
It was a mishap.
这是个意外
We, uh, considered your client's latest demands...
我们考虑了你客户最后的要求
and, um, our top offering is $150,000.
决定最多出15万
We'll take our chances in court.
那我们还是上庭碰碰运气吧
Good. That was quick.
很好,决定得很快嘛
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
He was fired because he was gay.
他被解雇是因为他是同性恋
How's that gonna go over with your fund managers?
你那些基金经理对此会怎么想呢
Like extortion. You're lucky to get $150,000.
会觉得是勒索吧,你能拿到15万都算走运了
$200,000.
20万
No. $140,000.
不,14万
You have changed.
你变了
Yes. I have.
是的,我变了
I liked the old Alicia better.
我更喜欢原来的艾丽西娅
The $200,000 Alicia?
会接受20万的艾丽西娅吗
All right, fine. I'll talk to my client,
好吧,我会跟我客户谈谈
you talk to your... corporate overlord and then, uh...
你去和你那个企业巨头谈谈
in the meantime, get that cleaned up,
还有,清理一下衣服
cause, it's gonna leave a stain.
不然会留下污渍的
Yeah. Thanks.
好,谢谢
Finn. What's up?
芬恩,怎么了
Hey. Alicia, I'm sorry, am I early?
艾丽西娅,抱歉,我来早了吗
For? Eli.
你来干什么,伊莱
We have a meeting about the governor's announcement.
关于州长的声明,我们要开个会
Oh, my God. I'm so sorry. I completely forgot.
天哪,抱歉,我完全忘了这回事
You okay?
你没事吧
Oh, yeah. Someone hit me with a pie.
没事,有人用派砸到了我
It's a long story.
说来话长
Good news. Great news.
好消息,很好的消息
Where can we talk? How about your desk?
我们去哪谈,去你的办公桌吧
I got an early copy.
我提前拿到一份副本
Comes out tonight and it couldn't be more perfect.
正式报告今晚会出来,简直太完美了
Eli, what is it?
伊莱,什么东西
Oh, Alicia, maybe you shouldn't look.
艾丽西娅,你或许不该看
It's the report on the Jeffrey Grant shooting.
是杰弗里·格兰特枪击案的报告
No, I'm fine, Eli. What's it say?
不,我没事,伊莱,报告怎么说
Well, it clears Finn of any wrongdoing...
报告澄清了芬恩没有任何违规行为
What happened to your... Pie. What's it say, Eli?
你的衣服... 是派,怎么说,伊莱
It clears Finn of any responsibility
报告澄清了芬恩不需为枪击
for the shooting and lays the blame firmly
负任何责任,并且明确指出
at the feet of the state's attorney. -That's good.
这是州检察官的过错,那就好
It's great. How'd you get pie on you?
是好极了,你怎么把派弄身上了
So, Peter will reference it in his public endorsement?
所以彼得会在公众筹款会上引用这份报告
Yes. Now here's the thing--
对,不过要注意
this is the most dangerous time for you.
现在对你来说是最危险的时刻
Because Castro will try to strike back.
因为卡斯特罗会奋起反击
He'll try and undercut this report by exposing something on you.
他会试图曝光你的事来降低报告的影响
Well, that's good, there is nothing on me.
很好,我没什么可藏着掖着的
Your sister's overdose,
你妹妹的吸毒过量致死
your wife's miscarriage.
你妻子的流产
What's wrong with my wife's miscarriage?
我妻子的流产有什么问题吗
You divorced her after the miscarriage... Eli.
你在她流产后跟她离婚了,伊莱
Why don't we do this another time? I didn't divorce her.
不如换个时间再聊吧,我没有跟她离婚
Oh, come on, you don't understand.
得了吧,你不懂
This is not about the facts.
事实根本不重要
It's what the facts can be made to look like.
重要的是事实被包装成什么样
What do you need, Eli?
你想怎么样,伊莱
Castro is gonna try and get in touch with you
卡斯特罗会试图联系你
with whatever he has-- a photo, a Xerox,
给你看他掌握的东西,照片,影印本
something from your past. Bring it to me.
或是关于你过去的某样东西,到时你拿来给我
Whatever it is, it'll make you angry,
不管是什么,一定会激怒你
but bring it to me. Okay?
但是记得拿来给我,好吗
Okay.
好吧
Good.
很好
I'm gonna go.
我得走了
I still can't get used to this place.
我还是不大习惯这个地方
You need more walls.
你得多弄几堵墙
Well, he's a barrel of laughs.
他可真是够搞笑的
Yes, he takes his job very seriously.
是啊,他对自己的工作很认真
And there's no one better at it.
而且没人比他更擅长这份工作
Look, I-I'd advise against court.
听着,我建议不要上庭
I just... - ...has happened 14 separate times.
我只是...-...发生了14次
And that should prove causation.
这应该能证明两者有因果关系
Who's that in with Diane? Some lady.
和戴安在一起的那人是谁,某位女士
She doesn't like men.
她看着也不像男性
No, I mean who are the people?
不,我是说那些人是谁
The people. In there? Yes.
里面那些人吗,对
I don't know.
我不知道
What do I call you? Is it, uh,
我该怎么叫你
crippled or handicapped or... What's that other word?
是跛子还是残废呢,还有个什么词来着
What do you call me?
你该怎么叫我
Yeah. Uh, how about Louis?
对啊,叫我路易斯如何
No, when I'm talking to other people,
不,我是说在别人面前提起你的时候
what do I call you?
我要怎么称呼你
Challenged.
天残人士
Hmm? Isn't that the word-- challenged?
是这个词吧,天残
Do you like that?
你喜欢吗
Yes.
喜欢
...we'll serve Kael Pepper... Diane.
我们会向奇尔·佩珀...戴安
Do you... do you need me?
你们...需要我吗
No.
不喜欢
Mr. Canning.
坎宁先生
Hello, I'm Rayna Hecht.
你好,我是蕾娜·赫特
Well, Ms. Hecht, from Hecht & Tascioni?
是赫&塔律所的赫特女士
You run a tight little shop over there.
你们的小律所挺有实力的
Thank you, we try.
谢谢夸奖,一直在努力
So, what do we got going?
在忙什么呢
Class action. Kael Pepper.
共同诉讼,奇尔·佩珀那事
Oh, that was... That was terrible.
那事情真是...太不幸了
Uh, I didn't know we signed it.
我不记得我们受理了这案子
Uh, Rayna asked us to be co-counsel.
蕾娜邀请我们做她的合作律师
My Goodness. Good luck.
我的老天,祝你们好运
Terrible thing.
太不幸了
All those children.
那些可怜的孩子们
Is there something wrong?
有什么问题吗
Office politics.
办公室政治
Oh, I know that tune.
这我懂的
So, I know it will be difficult talking about the illnesses,
我知道回忆病痛并不好受
but the stories that you've told us,
但还是得麻烦你们再复述一遍
you'll have to repeat.
跟我们说过的那些话
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Something is going on in that little head of his.
他正心怀鬼胎
Could you find out? Canning?
你能去查查吗,你是说坎宁吗
Yes. He came in here,
是的,他之前走进来
heard about the Kael Pepper class action,
听了一耳朵奇尔·佩珀的共同诉讼案
and then rushed off.
就又出去了
I'll find out.
我这就去查
Good things come to those who wait? Well, I guess...
好事眷顾的总是那些有耐心的人吗,我想...
$140,000.
14万美元
I don't know why we have to pay him a cent-- he's a thief.
我们为什么要给他钱,他就是个小偷
Because we have a court date set for tomorrow
因为如果我们不先把这事解决了
if we don't settle this. Mr. Paisley,
我们明天就得上庭,佩斯利先生
the merger's worth $3.7 billion.
这起合并价值37亿美元
$140,000 is nothing.
14万不值什么
It's a lot of money. To me, yeah.
这可不是小钱,对我来说的确
To you, it's what you made while you were sitting here.
但对你,你坐这的这会功夫就已经赚到手了
I like that sweater.
毛衣不错
Thanks.
谢了
Send me your cleaning bill.
把洗衣票据寄给我
Agree to pay $140,000 and I'll pay the cleaning bill.
你同意付了那14万,洗衣费我自己出
Mr. Paisley, we're ready for you.
佩斯利先生,我们准备好了
You know what I like about you, Alicia?
你知道我喜欢你哪点吗,艾丽西娅
I have no idea.
我不知道
You don't take this stuff too seriously.
你看问题比较随意
You and me together on the barricades, huh?
你和我作壁上观,如何
Hold off the hordes.
远离那群乌合之众
$140,000?
那14万美元呢
Pay 'em off.
付给他们
Don't even want to think about it again.
不想再被这事烦了
It's called "Merger insanity."
所谓"疯狂并购"
The new wave of big ticket deals sweeping the biotech industry.
生物科技业刮起大额并购浪潮
And the newest merger has an old, respected name at the helm.
最新并购事件主角是业内久负盛名的掌权人物
James Paisley. Hi there.
詹姆斯·佩斯利,你好
We'll be joined by Mr. Paisley shortly...
不久佩斯利先生就将加入我们...
Geez, Kalinda, don't startle me like that.
凯琳达,吓了我一跳
Do you have a minute?
有空吗
For you, all the time in the world.
对你,多久都能奉陪
What's wrong with the Kael Pepper class action?
奇尔·佩珀共同诉讼案有什么问题
I don't know. Is there something wrong
我不知道啊,哪里有问题吗
with the Kael Pepper class action?
我不知道啊,哪里有问题吗
Louis.
路易斯
Now, this relationship here--the one between us--
现在,我们之间的关系
is only gonna work if we're gonna be up front with each other.
只有彼此互相敞开心扉,才有意义
Diane has asked me to find out
戴安让我查明
why you have a problem with her class action.
你为什么对共同诉讼有所不满
Now, I could investigate...
我可以自己去调查...
As you did with my health issues. Or...
就像你调查我的健康状况一样,或者...
we could be adults.
我们可以用成年人的方式
Just ask questions and talk.
直接回答对方的问题
I'm in the process of signing Kael Pepper labs.
我正试着拿下奇尔·佩珀实验室的案子
Now, we can't represent both the company
我们不能既代理这家公司
and the people who are suing the company. True.
又代理告这家公司的人,没错
So I have to figure out a way to...
所以我想了个办法...
Just... wait. Just a sec. ...Mr. James Paisley.
稍等一下,詹姆斯·佩斯利先生
I understand there was a bit of drama
我知道在您为养老基金高层管理者们做演示时
at your presentation to the top pension fund managers.
会场出现了点小插曲
Oh, you mean the pie incident.
你是指"扔派糊脸"那事
Wait, turn it up.
调高音量
Someone from the protest infiltrated your meeting
抗议人群中有人潜入会议室
and hit you with a pie.
并向您扔了个派
Not even a very tasty pie, I might add.
我得说,那派都不怎么好吃
And was this to protest the fact that this merger
抗议是否针对的是
would be sending jobs overseas.
这起合并会把就业机会转向海外
Honestly, Steven, I don't know what it's about.
说老实话,斯蒂文,我都不懂
I don't know what these people want.
我不知道这些人究竟要什么
I'm standing in my board room,
我站在董事会议室
people downstairs handcuffing themselves to the receptionist's desk,
楼下的人涌向接待台
honking horns, not letting us out of the building.
狂按喇叭,不让我们出大楼
I felt like, uh...
我感觉自己好像...
Anne Frank, hiding from the Nazis. No, no.
安妮·弗兰克,躲避着纳粹的追杀,不
Well, that's a bit extreme, isn't it?
这说法太过了吧
Not really. I feel this country's turned on its head.
并没有,我感觉国家已经走岔了路
Tom Perkins may have put it inelegantly,
汤姆·铂金斯可能说得稍显粗俗
but he wasn't that far wrong.
但意思不差
Don't say it. Don't say it.
别往下说了,别往下说了
Go for it, go for it, say it.
加油,加油,继续
The one percent is the new hunted minority in this country.
这个国家有百分之一的人成了新迫害对象
Not unlike the Jews in Nazi Germany.
和纳粹德国的犹太人并无两样
Goal!
得分
Don't call him now, he'll just know you're on the run
过会再打,现在打只会暴露你的焦虑
and he'll up the price. We have to risk it.
他会趁机提价,这险我们不得不冒
As soon as he sees this, he's gonna want to go to court.
一旦等他看见这个,我们就得上法庭了
It doesn't change the facts.
结果也没什么不同
It taints the jury pool.
陪审团对我们不利
I wonder how long I should make her wait.
我不知道让她等多久合适
Hi. He saw the interview.
专访他刚看了
Kalinda?
你是凯琳达吗
Yeah, he watched the whole interview. Hang on.
是,他整个专访都看了,稍等
That was really crappy.
你这招真不光彩
I know. Hey, Alicia,
我知道,好啊,艾丽西娅
Uh, we're gonna take our chances in court. Your case is weak.
我们就法庭上见吧,你的证据站不住脚
Yeah, we both know it's not about the case anymore.
我们都清楚案子已经不重要了
It's about jury selection and,
关键在陪审团的选择
uh, it's gonna be over before you can say, "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury."
恐怕在你向陪审员们问好前,案子就已经结束了
We'll go up to $200,000.
我们愿意付20万美元
Nope, it's now $3 million.
三百万咱就和解
Then we'll see you in court.
那我们就法庭上见吧
That's my line.
你抢了我的台词
Thanks for seeing me on such short notice, Peter.
谢谢你这么快赶过来,彼得
Jim.
吉姆
So.
好了
What can I do for you?
找我过来什么事
It's about the state's attorney race and Finn Polmar.
关于州检察官竞选,关于芬恩·波尔马
Well, I figured as much.
我猜也是
Are you referring to the attorney general's report?
你是指那份首席检察官报告
Apparently the worst-kept secret in Illinois.
算得上是伊利诺伊州传得最广的所谓秘密了
I did approve the charges.
我确实同意了指控
I thought they were justified.
我以为是正义的指控
But I certainly never put a gun in Jeffrey Grant's hand.
但杰弗里·格兰特手里的枪和我无关
I think the voters will see that.
我认为选民会明白这一点
Well, great. Great.
那很好,很好
Okay, so, it was good talking to you.
跟你交谈很高兴
It's Finn Polmar
芬恩·波尔马
coming out of your wife's apartment building.
正从你妻子的公寓大楼走出来
That's really pathetic, Jim.
这太悲哀了吧,吉姆
I didn't take the picture, Peter.
这不是我拍的,彼得
It's from a surveillance camera.
这是监控摄像机拍下的
Yeah, well, I think you'll see that I was there, also.
好吧,你会发现我当时也在场
Two months ago.
就在两个月前
My wife was representing Finn...
我妻子作为芬恩的代理律师
against you, I believe. This is from two weeks ago.
与你较量,这是两周前的照片
I'm not gonna use it, Peter,
我不会利用它,彼得
but it will come out.
但这早晚会为人所知
Finn will be asked about it.
人们会质问芬恩
Your wife will be asked about it.
会质问你的妻子
You'll be asked about it.
也会质问你
How do you think it will look
你觉得这看上去像什么
that you endorsed your wife's lover?
你公开支持妻子的情夫
I know it's hard...
我知道这不容易
Seriously?
真的假的
That's your...?
这就是你的...
Well, it was good talking to you.
与你交谈很愉快
Have a good day, Jim.
祝一天愉快,吉姆
So, how are we with the endorsement?
背书的说辞准备得怎么样了
Want me to polish it?
需要我润色吗
No.
不
But you're fine with it?
但你能搞定吗
Who told us about him?
是谁向我们推荐了他
Who told us about Finn?
是谁向我们推荐了芬恩
Yes. I did.
是的,是我
So you convinced Finn to run?
是你说服芬恩竞选的吗
No. I think Alicia did.
不,我想是艾丽西娅
Why?
为什么
Let's wait on the endorsement.
支持的事暂缓一下吧
W-Why?
为什么
I just don't want to make a big thing of it.
我只是不想把事搞得太大
Uh, Peter, just so you know,
彼得,你要知道
you have already endorsed him.
你已经公开支持他了
You just haven't appeared with him.
你只是还没和他一起现身过
Yeah, I know. But let's hold off on it, okay?
我知道,但我们暂缓一下,行吗
We got a problem.
我们有麻烦了
I know.
我知道
Kael Pepper and my class action.
奇尔·佩珀和我的共同诉讼
We can only represent one of 'em.
我们只能代理他们中的一方
Yes. The one that was signed first. Kalinda.
是的,代理先签合同的一方,凯琳达
The class action...
共同诉讼...
Geez, you-you pop out of nowhere.
天啊,你又凭空出现了
The class action was signed yesterday at 3:00.
共同诉讼是昨天下午三点签约的
You signed Kael Pepper at 5:00.
而你跟奇尔·佩珀在下午五点签约
No, I signed him at 2:00. I submitted it at 5:00.
不,我和他两点签的,五点交的合同
Kael Pepper only approached you because of our suit.
奇尔·佩珀就是因为我们的共同诉讼才找你的
They want this to be a conflict of interest.
他们希望这变成利益冲突
No, they approached us because we're good lawyers,
不,他们来找我们是因为我们厉害
and they bring $8 million in yearly business.
他们能带来每年八百万美元的收入
Their facility polluted the ground water.
他们的设备污染了地下水
They poisoned those kids.
使这些孩子中毒
That's debatable. No, it isn't.
这尚存争议,没有争议
Diane, if you represent only the innocent,
戴安,如果你只为无辜者辩护
you'll go quickly out of business.
你很快就会无活可干了
I got to get to court.
我要去法庭了
Tell Kael Pepper thank you,
告诉奇尔·佩珀我们谢谢他
but no thank you. You know, let's bring it
但我们不接这案子,还是让
to the executive committee.
执行委员会来决定吧
You pitch, I'll pitch, and we'll let the firm decide.
我们各抒己见,让公司来定夺
I got to go. Boo.
我要走了
Are you Jewish?
你是犹太人吗
Am I Jewish? Yeah. Why?
我是犹太人吗,是的,怎么了
I need you to sit second chair.
我需要你来做副席律师
On what?
是什么案子
Do you care?
你在乎吗
The voir dire process is a very important one,
陪审员审查程序是很重要的
because it enables the court
它让法庭和律师们
and the lawyers to determine whether or not
能够决定你们每一个人是否
each of you would be appropriate jurors
能成为这一特定案件的
for this particular case.
合格陪审员
Canning's right.
坎宁是对的
This trial is over in voir dire.
审判在陪审员审查阶段就会结束
You had in your employment contract
只要多数人站在我们这边
that we only need a majority to prevail,
你就可以保住工作合同
so, we just need seven.
所以我们需要七个人
Whoever gets the first seven jurors
先得到七个陪审员的人
has the upper hand in negotiations.
就会在谈判中占上风
This isn't about going to trial.
这与审判无关
This is about getting seven jurors.
重点是要得到七个陪审员
It could be the difference between
成败之间就是20万和850万和解金之差
a $200,000 settlement and $8.5 million.
成败之间就是20万和850万和解金之差
What do I do?
我该怎么做
Look wise, and...
假装你很有智慧,还有
every time I touch my nose, you whisper in my ear.
每次我碰鼻子,你就假装在我耳边说话
Very well, then. Let's begin.
很好,那我们开始吧
Ms. Economus, in your capacity as a human resources manager,
艾可诺莫女士,作为人力资源经理
do you have access to what other people make?
你是否能够知道别人的收入
I mean, salary?
我是指,工资
Yes, I do.
是的,我知道
And does it rankle you sometimes
你是否会对高管们的薪水
how much more executives get paid than other employees?
大大超出其他雇员这件事感到怨恨
The CEO of your company, for example.
比如你公司的执行总裁
How much more does that person make
他比理赔员的平均工资
than the average, say, claims adjuster?
多几倍呢
I mean, 500 times?
有五百倍吗
Your Honor, objection.
法官阁下,反对
Your Honor, I believe Mr. Canning is trying
法官阁下,我认为坎宁先生
to prejudice our jury against our client
在试图利用庭外陈述使陪审团
by using out-of-court statements.
对我方当事人产生偏见
Yes, Mr. Canning, I saw the news coverage
是的,坎宁先生,我看到关于
of Mr. Paisley's comments, and I am inclined to agree.
佩斯利先生的报道了,我倾向于同意
Your Honor, I'm merely trying to determine
法官阁下,我只是试图判断
whether this juror can fairly judge a man
陪审员是否可以对一个工资
who makes thousands of times what she...
高出她几千倍的人作出公正判断
Oh, so you're worried about jurors being fair to our client?
你在担心陪审团对我方当事人太公平吗
Okay. I'm ruling
好了,我要判决了
that any out-of-court statements having to do with class
任何关于阶级差异或经济差异的
or economic differences are irrelevant.
庭外陈述都是无关的
Now step back.
现在退下吧
Ms. Economus, how much of a reader are you?
佩斯利女士,你爱读书吗
Much of a reader?
读书
Well, I guess as much as anybody else.
我想我和其他人一样吧
Though I read a lot in college.
但我在大学时期读了很多书
Have you ever read Diary of Anne Frank?
你读过"安妮日记"吗
Your Honor! Objection!
法官阁下,反对
Mr. Canning, I warned you
坎宁先生,我警告你
not to continue with the irrelevant questions.
不要再问不相关的问题
With irrelevant economic questions, Your Honor.
是不相关的经济问题,法官阁下
This was not...
这不是
You sure?
你确定吗
Yes, uh, Your Honor, we'd like to amend our suit
好的,法官阁下,我们想修改诉讼
to include claim of religious discrimination.
添加宗教歧视的索赔
On what grounds?
基于什么
Mrs. Florrick, that's my job.
福瑞克夫人,这是我的工作
My client, Mr. Musset,
我当事人缪塞先生
has Jewish ancestry on his father's side.
他父亲有犹太血统
And Mr. Paisley's insensitive remarks last night
佩斯利先生昨晚关于安妮·弗兰克
about Anne Frank and her
及其悲惨经历的不当言论
tragic ordeal serves to illustrate the anti-Semitism.
证明了他的反犹太主义倾向
No, I don't believe this. Your Honor? No, no.
我不认同,法官阁下,不,不
Religious discrimination is a recognized cause of action.
宗教歧视是有效的起诉缘由
You may think it's a facade,
你或许认为这是假的
and I may agree with you,
我也或许同意你
but that's what a trial is for.
但这就是审判的目的
Very well, Mr. Canning.
很好,坎宁先生
You can ask your questions after lunch.
你可以在午饭后提问
Nice work, Howard.
干得好,霍华德
You need to talk to Paisley.
你需要跟佩斯利谈谈
I'm not going to apologize.
我不会道歉
They're using it to get the jury they want.
他们会利用这点获得想要的陪审员
Yes, but I told the truth.
是的,但我说的是真话
That being surrounded by protestors was like Anne Frank?
像安妮·弗兰克一样被反对者包围吗
I was being hyperbolic. Then apologize for that.
这是夸张说法,那就为夸张道歉
No. Alicia, you're trying
不,艾丽西娅,你在试图
to get me to apologize for the Nazi reference
让我为提及纳粹道歉
so people will think I'm apologizing for the whole thing.
好让大家以为我在为整件事道歉
Mr. Paisley, you said that
佩斯利先生,你说
the one percent were like Jews in Germany.
你们百分之一就像德国人里的犹太人
No. I said Tom Perkins made a good point.
不,我说的是汤姆·铂金斯说得有道理
You know who called me this morning?
你知道今早谁打电话给我了吗
Neil Gross from Chumhum.
查查网的尼尔·格罗斯
Said, "Thank you.
他说"谢谢你
"It's about time somebody told the truth."
是时候有人出来说实话了"
Mr. Paisley, can I have you meet someone?
佩斯利先生,我能让你见个人吗
It'll only take a minute.
只要一分钟就好
I'm not gonna change my mind.
我不会改变主意的
Mr. Fishbein, you can come on in.
费斯本先生,你可以进来了
Where is this putz?
那个笨蛋呢
Mr. Paisley, I would like you to meet Mr. Fishbein.
佩斯利先生,我想让你见见费斯本先生
So, you think you have it the same
你认为可以把现在的情况和
as the Jews of Nazi Germany?
德国的犹太人处境相提并论吗
I'm gonna let you two talk for a minute.
我让你们单独聊一会儿
Hey, Finn. What's up?
芬恩,怎么了
Hey. I was, uh, just wondering if you knew
只想问问你知道
why they were delaying the announcement.
他们推迟声明的原因吗
No. Are we delaying the announcement?
不知道,声明推迟了吗
My office just got a call from Eli.
伊莱刚打电话到我办公室来
Did something change?
情况有变吗
I don't... I don't know.
我不...知道
Did you call Eli?
你给伊莱打电话了吗
Yes. He's not returning my calls.
是的,他没有回我
Okay, let me see what I can find out.
好,我去问问看
No, I think it's just a temporary delay.
没有,我认为这只是暂时推迟
You think?
你认为
Yes. We're trying to schedule it for another day.
是的,我们打算改个日期
What's going on, Eli?
发生什么事了,伊莱
Peter won't sign off on the speech.
彼得不会在演讲上支持他
He asked me who brought Finn to his attention-- you or me.
他问我是谁向他推荐芬恩的,你还是我
I did.
是我
I know. Look, let me call you back if I find out more, okay?
我知道,有更多消息再给你电话行吗
Peter?
彼得
Oh. Sorry.
抱歉
No, no, no, no, no, it's fine.
不不不,没事
It's fine. Come on in.
没事,进来
Eli, do you know Lauren?
伊莱,你认识劳伦吗
She's one of our interns. I haven't had the pleasure.
她是我们的实习生,还没这荣幸
I get your coffee every morning, Mr. Gold.
我每天早上都给你送咖啡,戈德先生
Lauren has started a blog. "Ex...
劳伦写了个博客,"前...
Journalism Major"?
新闻专业"
"Journalism Major in Exile."
"被放逐的新闻专业"
Ah. Anyway, she was hoping
无所谓,她想要
to get an interview with me.
采访我
Just a human interest piece. You know,
就是有人情味的那种
like, what makes you tick, all that.
就是,你会在意什么
Yeah. I like it.
没错,我喜欢
So, let's put it on the schedule.
所以,安排个时间吧
Mm. Thank you, Mr. Florrick.
谢谢,福瑞克先生
Governor Florrick.
是福瑞克州长
Governor Florrick.
福瑞克州长
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, by the way,
对了
don't worry.
别担心
It's not too red.
没有太红
What's not too red?
什么太红
Her lipstick.
她的口红
You can go, you stay.
你可以走了,你留下
What's your name? Lauren.
你叫什么,劳伦
Take a step back. What?
退后一步,什么
Take one step back.
退后一步
You are now 50 feet from the governor's office.
你现在不能接近州长办公室50英尺以内
Don't ever cross this line again.
永远别再越过这条界限
You are not to talk to the governor.
不许和州长说话
You're not to look at the governor.
不许看州长
If the governor talks to you,
如果州长和你说话
you will smile, nod, and say you're needed in polling
就微笑点头说要到三楼
on the third floor. I didn't do anything wrong.
忙民调,我没做什么错事
You asked him if your lipstick was red enough.
你问州长你的口红有没有太红
Just for future reference, that's wrong.
告诉你,这就是错事
He complimented me on it. Lauren,
他先赞扬我的口红的,劳伦
do you want your job?
你还想要这份工作吗
50 feet.
50英尺
This line. Get it?
这个界限,明白了吗
Yes. Good.
明白,很好
I just want to express my sincere regret
我只想为我昨天不恰当的措辞
for my unfortunate choice of words yesterday.
表示诚挚的歉意
Good job. How'd you do it?
干得好,你怎么做到的
Mr. Fishbein, the Holocaust survivor.
多亏了大屠杀的幸存者费斯本先生
...obviously comparing myself,
...显然将我自己或任何人比作
or anyone to Anne Frank was extreme and ill-considered,
安妮·弗兰克都太极端以且有欠考虑
and I want to apologize to anyone
我想向任何被我的莽撞
who may have been offended by my insensitivity...
冒犯到的人表示歉意...
Yup, Alicia got to him. What?
艾丽西娅成功了,什么
I understand you've come on tonight
我了解到你是在与大屠杀幸存者会面后
after meeting with a Holocaust survivor.
才决定来上今晚的节目
Yes, and I will say that it was an enlightening experience.
是的,那是一场有启发性的谈话
But he understood that these were the words
但他也明白那些话就是一个自学出来的人
of a self-educated man who was struggling for a metaphor.
刮肠搜肚想出来的一个比方
That's all.
仅此而已
Good, good.
很好,很好
He also understood my frustration with the protestors.
他也明白我对这些抗议者是多么无奈
No.
不
You mean, the backlash against the one percent.
你是说抵制那百分之一的人吗
Is that what I am?
我是那百分之一吗
I always thought I was a guy just trying to make a living.
我一直觉得自己就是努力维持生计而已
Stop talking!
别说了
And your "Frustration," As you put it, is with those who don't?
你的"无奈"是针对那些不努力的人吗
Look, a man has to pull his weight.
每个人都该做好自己分内的事
This is America,
这里是美国
and there's a reason for this being the greatest country in the world.
它成为世界上最强大的国家不是没理由的
We reward winners.
我们奖励赢家
This is not Italy or Greece.
这不是意大利或者希腊
We do not reward the lazy.
我们不鼓励懒惰
Oh, dear God. Someone just throw a blanket over him.
天哪,真希望有人甩条毯子到他头上
Do we have any Greeks or Italians on the jury?
我们的陪审团里有希腊或者意大利裔吗
So, what do you think of Tom Perkins'
那你对汤姆·铂金斯所说的
suggestion that voting rights should be tied to tax brackets?
"投票权应与纳税等级挂钩"有何想法
Well, I probably shouldn't say this...
我或许不该这么说
Oh, say it, say it.
说吧,说吧
...but I think there's some merit to it.
...可我认为这话不无道理
Well, we just lost juror number four...
我们失去四号陪审员了...
and juror number two...
还有二号陪审员...
and possibly two others. Want me to talk to Paisley this time?
或许还有两个,这次要我和佩斯利谈吗
No, I will.
不,我来
Don't babysit me, Eli.
别把我当小孩照顾,伊莱
Don't... I am an adult.
别...我是个成年人
If I want Lauren to avoid my office,
如果我想让劳伦远离我的办公室
I will tell her myself.
我会亲自告诉她
Are we talking about that intern?
我们说的是那个实习生吗
Yes, we're talking about that intern.
没错,说的就是她
I will handle my own life.
我要自己掌控我的生活
I don't need you to be making decisions for me. Peter,
我不需要你替我做决定,彼得
you are a politician with a reputation.
你是个有不良名声的政客
You can either put that
你可以让过往成为过往
behind you or... I will not be...
或者...我不会...
I will not be contained in a bubble.
我不会把自己束之高阁
I have to be with people; that's who I am.
我得和人民在一起,那才是我
Okay, if this were a normal conversation,
好吧,如果这是闲谈
I would now make fun of you for saying that
我会拿你把"实习生劳伦"
"Lauren the intern" is people.
当做人民这事儿来开玩笑
'Cause I can find you
因为你所谓的人民
people in the supermarket or the Shop 'n Save.
在超市或者打折店到处都是
But this doesn't seem to be a normal conversation,
但这看来不是闲聊
so what the hell's going on? Nothing's going on.
所以到底是怎么回事,没事
I'm just tired of being cooped up.
我只是受够被禁锢了
So plan your vacation with Alicia.
那你跟艾丽西娅计划去度假啊
No.
不行
Oh, come on, Peter, you deserve it.
拜托,彼得,你也该去度个假了
Let me call her. No. No.
我打电话给她,不,不
Please. Why not?
拜托了,为什么不
Well, Alicia and I...
艾丽西娅和我
Peter... Peter... It's okay.
彼得,彼得,没事了
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Do you have time to talk for a minute?
你有空谈谈吗
No, I-I'm coming over.
不,我过去
Mom, do we really have to do this right now?
妈妈,我们真的得现在做这个吗
Come on, it'll only take five minutes.
快点,就五分钟的事
Come on, your grandma wants a picture of you.
快点,你外婆想要张你的照片
I'll get it.
我去吧
Oh, it's probably Eli.
很可能是伊莱
Great. More people to come make fun of me.
好极了,又多了个取笑我的人
Hey. Mom's in here.
你好,妈妈在里面
You look great.
你看上去棒极了
All right, that's enough.
好了,够了啊
No, no, no. I need a picture. Over here.
不,不,我要拍张照,这边
Come over here.
到这边来
What's up, Eli? Nothing much.
怎么了,伊莱,没什么事
Just need a few minutes.
只需几分钟
Zach. Grace. Hi.
扎克,格蕾丝,你好
You sound so formal.
你听上去很正式
No. I'm just... Be happy.
没有,我只是,高兴
Be happy.
高兴一点
watching a family...
看着一个家庭
...be a family.
其乐融融
Okay, Okay.
好了,好
Wait up, wait up.
等等,等等
Want some? Uh, n-no.
想喝点吗,不了
So, what do we need to discuss away from the kids?
我们要谈什么需要避开孩子们
Peter and you.
彼得和你
Okay.
好吧
Shoot. What's going on with Peter and you?
继续,你和彼得怎么了
Why?
问这个干嘛
Because I get the sense that there's something going on.
因为我感觉有事
Did Peter say something?
彼得说了什么吗
No. Peter specifically did not say something.
没有,彼得就是什么也没说
Then why are you asking?
那你为什么要问
Because I care.
因为我关心
What? I do care.
怎么,我确实关心
Even if only on the most cynical level,
即使是出于愤世嫉俗的角度
but I want Peter to stay in office.
我也希望彼得能留在州政府
Then ask Peter.
那去问彼得吧
Is this about Will dying?
跟威尔的死有关吗
This is about everything.
跟一切都有关
I'm just tired, Eli.
我就是累了,伊莱
I'm just done.
我受够了
You're getting a divorce? No.
你要离婚吗,不
Then what?
那要怎样
We're staying together, but that's it.
我们会继续在一起,但仅此而已
Whatever Peter does...
无论彼得做什么
I don't want the kids to find out.
我不希望孩子们发现
Oh, my... God.
我的个天哪
I can't believe... this is crazy.
我真不敢相信,这太疯狂了
I have to go hem a robe.
我要去缝长袍了
It was good seeing you, Eli.
很高兴见到你,伊莱
Alicia, you're hurting-- that's all.
艾丽西娅,你受伤了,仅此而已
I've been watching you over the last year with Peter.
我看着你和彼得去年在一起
You love him.
你爱他
And if you don't, he loves you.
如果你不爱他,他爱你
Not buying what you're selling, Nate.
我可不买你的帐,内特
Well, fine. Just make it fast.
好吧,快一点
You need me? What's he offering you?
你找我吗,他给你开了什么条件
Who?
谁
Canning. To vote his way against my class action.
坎宁,来投票反对我的共同诉讼
Nothing. We share a philosophy, that's all.
什么也没有,我们理念一样,就这样
Money trumps everything?
金钱胜过一切吗
Well, it is why we're in business, isn't it?
这是我们做生意的原因,不是吗
Fine. Two words: Rayna Hecht.
好,两个词,蕾娜·赫特
The rainmaker?
那个摇钱树吗
She brought me this class action.
是她给我这个共同诉讼的
It's important to her.
这对她很重要
Important enough to bring her here?
重要到能让她跳槽来这里吗
She told me she's finding life with Tascioni a bit, uh...
她说她觉得跟塔肖尼合作有点
too constricting.
太受限制
And you can deliver? I'm giving my final presentation
你能促成她来,我两天内会向
to the executive committee in two days.
执行委员会作最终报告
Rayna will present as well.
蕾娜也会在场
Well, if it's true, I'm all yours.
如果是真的,我就站在你这边
Your Honor,
法官阁下
we have no objections to seating Mr. Rizzardi--
我们不反对里扎尔迪先生当陪审员
he seems like he'd make a great juror.
他看上去会是很棒的陪审员
Your Honor, we'd like to exercise
法官阁下,我们想行使
one of our peremptory challenges.
一次无因回避权
For what? Why? What's wrong with him?
因为什么,为什么,他有什么问题吗
Nothing's wrong with him.
他没任何问题
That's why we're exercising our peremptory challenge.
所以我们要行使无因回避
It's because he's Italian, isn't it?
因为他是意大利人,对吗
It is our right...
这是我们的权利
That's enough!
够了
Mr. Rizzardi, you're excused.
里扎尔迪先生,你可以出去了
He's still up by two jurors.
他还是多出两个陪审员
Unless we can disqualify one.
除非我们能让其中一个不合格
Your Honor,
法官阁下
may we approach again?
我们可以上前说话吗
Faster the better. Come on.
越快越好,快点
Your Honor, my apologies, but I believe that
法官阁下,抱歉,我认为
one of Mr. Canning's... I mean,
坎宁先生的一个,我是说
one of the jurors that's already been seated may have been biased
有个已经被确认的陪审员可能会因
by my client's most recent comments.
我当事人的评论而存在偏见
Your Honor, this is outrageous.
法官阁下,这太过分了
We've already agreed on each one of these jurors.
我们已经对所有陪审员达成了合意
Outrageous, we say.
太过分了
Yes, Your Honor,
是的,法官阁下
but if a statement has been made
但如果有一份已经在媒体发布的声明
in the press that would render
会让他们其中之一
one of them incapable of being fair and unbiased,
无法保持公平,无偏见的话
well, it's like Mr. Canning said:
就像坎宁先生说的
we all want a fair jury.
我们都想要一个公平的陪审团
So, Ms. Economus, you heard my client
艾可诺莫女士,你听说过我的客户
Mr. Paisley's latest comments? No.
佩斯利先生最近的评论了吗,没有
I mean, I didn't hear them directly--
我是说,我没有直接听到
a girlfriend of mine
我的一个女性朋友
mentioned something about it. I see. So,
跟我提起过,我明白了,所以
as a Greek person, how did you feel
作为一个希腊人,你对
about his comments about Greece as a country?
他就希腊这个国家的评论有何感想
This is ridiculous. I'm from Skokie.
简直就是荒谬,我斯科基市人
Yes, but your heritage is Greek, isn't it?
是,但是你父母是希腊人,不是吗
Well, sure. Both sides.
当然,两个都是
So, uh, you must have been offended
那你肯定被
when Mr. Paisley said that if America starts rewarding losers
佩斯利先生"如果美国开始奖励失败者
instead of winners,
而不是胜利者
we'll end up like Greece.
我们就会变成希腊"的言论冒犯到
Uh, y-you know, now that you mention it, yeah,
既然你提到了,是的
it was very offensive.
非常无礼
You have an agreement?
你们有个协议
You and Alicia?
你和艾丽西娅
You talked with my wife?
你跟我妻子谈过吗
I did. That's why the intern?
是的,实习生的事是因为这个吗
Eli, I don't pry into your life.
伊莱,我可没窥探你的生活
I don't have a life; your life is my life.
我没有生活,你的生活就是我的生活
Then let me live.
那就让我生活
So no divorce?
不离婚吗
And you and Alicia can do whatever you want
只要没人知道,你和艾丽西娅
as long as no one knows?
就可以做各自想做的事
Is that what she told you?
她是这么告诉你的吗
Just so you know, Peter, I have worked before
如你所知,彼得,我以前跟
with politicians who have made arrangements
那些设法不让自己的婚外情
to keep their extramarital activities from becoming public.
被曝光的政治家工作过
It doesn't work; it will always come out.
行不通的,都会曝光
Doesn't matter who-- an intern,
不论是谁,实习生
a donor, your biggest fan...
捐赠人,你的头号粉丝
they all want to talk.
他们都会说
They'll promise not to,
他们会承诺不说
but they will... talk.
但他们会说
Yeah.
是的
And sometimes things come out when they don't talk.
有时候他们不说也会出事
Where'd this come from?
这是哪来的
What was that, Peter?
那是什么,彼得
Let's not discuss it.
别谈这个了
We've got work to do.
还要干活儿呢
Ah, Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Do you have some Greeks and Italians for me to meet?
有希腊人和意大利人要引见给我吗
You're going to issue a statement
你要发表一项声明
saying that you're giving a million dollars to charity,
宣布将一百万美元捐作慈善
and that you do not believe voting should be
还要说你并不认为投票权
tied with a person's tax bracket. What if I don't believe that?
应与个人税级挂钩,如果我不干呢
You think I should have less of a vote than you?
你觉得我代表的票数应该比你少吗
Well, I don't know; how much do you make?
不知道,你得了多少票
Mr. Paisley, I know you.
佩斯利先生,我了解你
I know you like to think of yourself as blunt and direct.
我知道你喜欢觉得自己坦率直接
But this isn't just blunt. No, you don't know me.
但这已不仅是坦率了,不,你不了解我
You think this is hubris.
你觉得我这是傲慢
I built a business from nothing.
我白手起家,打拼出自己的生意
In '99, I lost it in the tech bust.
99年因科技股泡沫破裂破产
And I built it up again.
可我重新做大了生意
From nothing.
还是白手起家
You're not poor now, Mr. Paisley.
你现在不穷了,佩斯利先生
Neither are you.
你也是
I've seen your bills.
我见过你的账单
You may choose to disguise it
你虽然把这儿布置得这么朴素
in all these earthy surroundings, but...
想掩盖你很富有的事实,但...
you are the one percent.
你就是那百分之一
Did you know my company is developing
你知道我的公司
a gene that will prolong a person's life?
在研究延长寿命的基因吗
We are....
我们就是...
the one percent. Then what are you worried about?
那百分之一,那你担心什么
You're winning.
你已经是人生赢家了
You have a lot of things, Mr. Paisley--
你拥有很多东西,佩斯利先生
why do you feel so cornered?
你为什么会觉得走投无路
Because there are more people who want than people who have.
因为想得到的人比真拥有的人多得多
Read Ayn Rand.
去读读艾茵·兰德的书
Oh, dear God.
天啊
Have you read her books? They're awful.
你读过她的书吗,真是吓人
Well, they weren't meant to be Moby-Dick,
它们并非像"白鲸"那样让人害怕
they were meant to make you think.
而是想引人思考
A guy bombs a building, the rich go out on strike--
一个家伙炸毁大楼,富人实行罢工
I-it's a 12-year-old's view of the world.
这就是十二岁孩子眼中的世界
It's like basing your philosophy on the books of John Grisham.
哲学观好像从约翰·格里森姆的小说里来的
You should reread them.
你应该重新读读
Mr. Paisley,
佩斯利先生
you've always told me that you are a bottom-line kind of guy. I am.
你常说你是个有底线的人,对
So here's the bottom line. We're losing jury members.
这就是底线了,我们正失去陪审员的支持
And the fund managers are getting nervous.
基金管理人对此紧张不安
If it continues,
如果继续这样
they may not support this merger.
他们可能不再支持合并
And what's worse, you're in a media death spiral.
更糟的是,你陷入了媒体的死亡漩涡
No matter what you say, you will never get a fair interpretation.
无论你说什么,都得不到公正的解释
You have to put out a statement. Another apology.
你必须发表声明,又是道歉
No. A statement.
不,是声明
We'll hire a PR firm,
我们要雇佣一家公关公司
using a focus group to find the right words.
让焦点小组讨论出合适的措辞
As long as I don't have to answer questions again.
只要我不用再回答问题
You won't.
不用
And as long as you do it for me.
只要你为我打点好
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
We're seeing a lot of each other, Eli.
我们最近经常见面啊,伊莱
Are you sleeping with Finn Polmar?
你在跟芬恩·波尔马上床吗
Ask me another question.
换个问题
I don't have any other questions.
没有其他问题了
Then go to hell.
那就去死吧
There is a photo of Finn leaving your apartment.
有张照片拍到芬恩离开你的公寓
Where?
在哪
Outside your apartment. No. Where's the photo?
你公寓外面,不,照片在哪
Peter had it.
在彼得手里
Now, I have some worries here.
我有点担心
Peter, you, Finn.
彼得,你,芬恩
The politics of all three.
一箭三雕
Castro.
卡斯特罗
Yeah.
是啊
This is the reply we were waiting for.
这就是我们等来的答复
The state's attorney did not send it to Finn.
州检察官没把它寄给芬恩
He sent it to Peter.
而是寄给了彼得
I did not sleep with Finn.
我没跟芬恩上床
He came to my apartment the morning of his appearance
他出席诚信审查当天一早
before the Integrity Panel
去了我的公寓
so we could get our strategy lined up, that's all.
好统一口径,仅此而已
I am sorry for asking.
抱歉问了这些
That's okay.
没事
We seem to share everything these days.
这些天我们有点无话不谈了
Don't.
别接
I have to.
我必须接
Odd choice.
爱江山不爱美人
Hello? Yes.
喂,对
Yes, that's great.
太好了
10:00 a.m. is fine.
上午十点没问题
Okay. Thank you.
好的,谢谢
Tell Ms. Hecht we're looking forward to it.
告诉赫特女士我们很期待这次见面
Sorry.
抱歉
I can turn it off now.
现在可以关机了
You're meeting with Rayna Hecht?
你要跟蕾娜·赫特见面
Kalinda, we're not doing this anymore.
凯琳达,我们不能再这样了
Hello. You've reached the voice mail for Rayna Hecht.
您好,这里是蕾娜·赫特的语音信箱
Please leave a message.
请留言
Rayna. Uh, Diane Lockhart.
蕾娜,我是戴安·洛哈特
I was expecting you here at, uh, noon, and it's now 1:30.
我以为你要中午来,可现在都一点半了
I hope nothing's wrong.
希望没出什么事
Please call me.
请回电
What time was her meeting with Florrick-Agos?
她几点跟福瑞克&艾格斯律所会面
10:00 a.m.
十点
Thank you, Kalinda.
谢谢,凯琳达
She's not coming, is she?
她不来了,对吗
I don't know.
不知道
Is she still in play?
她还在找地方吗
Diane?
戴安
I understand.
我明白
Let's get this over with.
先把事情做完
It's not what you think.
不是你想的那样
You talked to Alicia?
你跟艾丽西娅谈过了
I did, and it is not what you think.
对,事实不是你想的那样
And what do I think?
我怎么想的
That Alicia's sleeping with Finn. She's not.
你以为艾丽西娅跟芬恩上床了,她没有
She represented him during Castro's witch hunt,
芬恩被卡斯特罗陷害时,她为他辩护
and on the day of his hearing,
听证会那天
she was running late, because she was...
她迟了,因为她在...
Mourning... Will.
哀悼威尔
exhausted.
她累坏了
So Finn went over there to meet with her. That's all.
于是芬恩去她那里见她,就是这样
Okay.
好吧
Thanks.
谢了
Peter... No, no, no. Really, thanks. I get it.
彼得,不,真的谢了,我知道了
Okay, and how many of you like option number two?
好的,有多少人喜欢选项二
And we have a winner.
结果出来了
Have you ever focus-grouped an apology before?
你雇焦点小组讨论过道歉词吗
No. A marriage proposal once.
没有,讨论过求婚誓词
Oh, you're kidding me.
你逗我吧
He was a comic book writer.
他是个漫画作家
He was terrible with women. It was David Lee's idea.
不擅长应付女人,是大卫·李的主意
They liked number two.
他们喜欢第二个
Oh, great, the one he didn't like.
好极了,这是他不喜欢的那个
He doesn't get to vote. And, uh, two people
他没得选,有两人建议
suggested "Backed into a corner" instead of pushed.
把"推至绝境"改为"逼至绝境"
No. "Pushed" is better.
不,"推"更好
"Backed" is to passive.
"逼"太消极了
Okay, what's the final version?
最终版本是什么样的
"Anyone who knows me knows I've have a tendency
"了解我的人都知道,我一旦被推至绝境
"to bristle when pushed into a corner.
便会狂怒不已
I end up saying things that I not only regret..."
最后说出的话让自己后悔"
But truly do not believe.
也非出自真心
My comments were thoughtless,
我的言论有欠考虑
and I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
如有冒犯,还请见谅
More to the point-- and I want to be clear--
更重要的是,我想澄清一点
it's no one's fault if they are poor.
贫穷并不是穷人的错
And you feel that was a sincere apology, Mrs. Florrick?
你觉得那道歉真诚吗,福瑞克女士
Yes, I do. I believe that Mr. Paisley's feelings were summed up
是的,我觉得佩斯利先生今天的话
by the words he spoke today.
总结了他的感受
Words that he has lived by his entire life.
这才是他毕生所遵循的信念
Not by the few sentences he spoke two days ago.
而不是他两天前说的几句话
Well, you're a paid flack. Don't you have to say that?
你是拿了钱替他做宣传,必须得这么说吧
I'm his lawyer, Steve.
我是他的律师,史蒂夫
Donald. I'm the other one.
唐纳德,我是另一个主持人
My apologies, Donald.
抱歉,唐纳德
In my own experience, Mr. Paisley is a sincere man
据我所知,佩斯利先生是个真诚的人
who spoke today from his heart.
今天所说都是肺腑之言
But let's be honest.
但老实说
The poor aren't the only ones he's disparaged.
穷人不是唯一被他毁谤的人
Isn't he being sued for firing someone who's gay?
他不是正因为解雇同性恋而被起诉吗
That is not true, Don.
那不是真的,唐
Actually, this is Don. Don Keats.
实际上,我才是唐,唐·济慈
Steven is the black guy to my right.
史蒂文是我右边的这位黑人
Um... my apologies.
抱歉
I don't have a monitor here.
我这里没有显示屏
Why don't I just stop using names?
我还是不要叫名字了吧
Sure. That's easiest for you.
当然可以,这样对你最方便了
There wasn't a monitor in the room!
那间房间没有显示屏
I couldn't see them!
我看不见他们
You don't have to convince me.
你不必说服我
Yeah, but they're making me out to look like a racist.
但他们把我弄得像个种族主义者
Hello.
你好
Oh, boy.
天哪
Mr. Paisley?
佩斯利先生
I think you should be working up an apology, Alicia.
我觉得你应该准备下道歉稿,艾丽西娅
Thank you, Ms. Bouchard.
谢谢,布沙尔女士
Your Honor, we're fine with this juror.
法官大人,我们对这名陪审员没有异议
Ms. Bouchard, you are empanelled.
布沙尔女士,你被选入陪审团了
And that, amazingly,
至此,我们的审查程序
completes our selection process.
终于不可思议地结束了
We'll take a short recess.
我们短暂休息一下
Thank you.
谢谢
Okay, she puts us over the top seven to five.
好了,她使我们有了7比5的优势
Uh, I don't think so.
我不这么觉得
Well, I'm afraid by my count, that makes us deadlocked.
抱歉据我计算,这是一个平局
Six-six.
6比6
What do you propose, Mr. Canning?
你有什么提议,坎宁先生
$5 million.
五百万
I think Mr. Paisley will find it cheap in the long run.
我想从长远看佩斯利先生会发现这其实很便宜
Hey, have you seen the news?
你看新闻了吗
Oh, God, what now?
天哪,又怎么了
No, no, no, it's good.
不不不,是好消息
The state attorney general's office today
州检察办公室今天
expanded its pharmaceutical investigation
扩大了药业调查范围
to include Kael Pepper Laboratories,
加入了奇尔·佩珀实验室
a multinational company that's been accused
一个被起诉
of price gouging patients in the distribution
在艾滋病药物销售的过程中
of their AIDS medication Reyacept.
哄抬物价的跨国公司
What-what am I supposed to see? Just watch.
你要让我看什么,往下看
No comment, no comment.
无可奉告,无可奉告
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, that's good.
太棒了
Very clever, but it's not gonna work.
很聪明,但不会得逞的
What won't?
什么不会得逞
Juror number seven.
7号陪审员
You think because he's gay
你觉得他是同性恋
he'll hate that I represent a firm that was accused
所以会因为我代理一家
of price gouging AIDS medication,
哄抬艾滋病药物价格的公司而反感我
but you forget he occupied Wall Street for six straight weeks.
但你忘记他参与了整整六周的占领华尔街运动
He slept in a cardboard box on the sidewalk,
他睡在人行道上的纸箱里
and that's what he cares about.
那才是他真正在乎的
He's gay.
他是同性恋
Hmm, I didn't know that.
我之前还不知道
That's not the juror you should worry about, Mr. Canning.
那不是你该担心的陪审员,坎宁先生
It's juror number five,
该担心的是5号陪审员
Joanne Honig.
乔安妮·霍尼格
You don't remember?
你不记得了吗
Her son died last year.
她儿子去年死了
Aids.
艾滋病
It's a tragedy.
真是个悲剧
$2 million.
两百万
$500,000.
五十万
$1 million and it's a drop in the bucket.
一百万,这对你们来说是九牛一毛
And besides, none of us knows for sure
再者,我们谁都不能确定
what any of these jurors are gonna do anyway, do we?
这些陪审员到底会如何决定,不是吗
It's a deal, Mr. Canning, but stick to it this time.
成交,坎宁先生,不过这次请信守承诺
Diane,
戴安
I'm sorry.
很抱歉
I don't think it's gonna work out.
我觉得这样下去不行
I don't understand.
我不明白
I have concerns.
我有疑虑
What concerns?
什么疑虑
Just things I'm hearing.
我听到一些传言
Such as?
比如呢
Such as...
比如
that you're having trouble putting Will's death behind you.
你没法走出威尔去世的阴影
That you're stepping away from the day-to-day management of the firm.
你对律所的日常管理有所怠慢
You're losing clients.
你在流失客户
None of that is true.
那些都不是真的
Lyle Pollard?
莱尔·波拉德呢
I withdrew from that case to avoid suborning perjury.
我退出那案子是为了避免被唆使做伪证
You would've done the same,
如果是你也会这么做的
and where are you hearing all of this?
你从哪儿听说这些的
I'd rather not say.
我还是不要说比较好
Was it Florrick-Agos?
是福瑞克&艾格斯律所吗
Is that where you're going?
你是要去那儿吗
I don't know where I'm going yet.
我还不确定要去哪里
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
I wish it could've worked out, Diane.
我也希望我们能够合作
I'd like you to keep the class action.
我希望你保留共同诉讼的案子
You don't understand.
你不明白
I've lost the class action.
我已经失去了共同诉讼的案子
Without you, I didn't have the votes.
没有你,我就没有选票
What votes?
什么选票
It doesn't matter now.
现在都不重要了
If you would like, I will, uh,
如果你愿意,我可以
help you find new counsel.
帮你找到新的顾问
Diane...
戴安
I am sorry.
我真的很抱歉
Why'd you do it?
你为什么这么做
Diane.
戴安
Why did I... what are we talking about?
为什么我,你在说什么
You want to make a play for Rayna Hecht,
你想得到蕾娜·赫特
by all means, have a meeting and make your pitch,
尽管放马过来,安排会面推销你自己
but to denigrate me,
但来诋毁我
to spread lies about my dedication to my firm!
散布谣言质疑我对律所付出的心力
Diane! We had a meeting scheduled with Rayna.
戴安,我们跟蕾娜安排了会面
I mean, she was here, but the meeting never happened.
她来了,但并没有进行会面
She left.
她提前离开了
She left? Yes.
她离开了吗,是的
She got a call from Canning, and then she left.
她接到坎宁的电话就离开了
I just assumed that she made up her mind to go with you.
我以为她决定选择你了
Canning poisoned the well
是坎宁
at his own firm.
对自己的律所暗中使坏
So you're being marginalized
所以你在洛&加律所
by the partnership at Lockhart/Gardner?
被合伙人边缘化了吗
Well, I know what that's like.
我知道那是什么感受
Diane,
戴安
if there's anything we can do...
如果有什么我们能做的
Alicia, this is not our fight.
艾丽西娅,这不是我们的战斗
Cary... No.
凯里,没错
He's right.
他说得对
You're right.
你说得对
It's my fight.
这是我的战斗
Not now, Eli.
现在不行,伊莱
Do you need anything else, sir?
你还有什么需要吗,先生