Eighth grade done, son. I made it.
8年级结束了,小爷我成功毕业啦
Can you do that again for the camera?
你能再对着摄像机再做一遍吗?
No, man.
才不要
And put that away.
快把它拿开
The graduation ceremony is over.
毕业典礼已经结束了
The end of another school year.
一个学年又结束了
I'm have to say,
我必须得承认
I'm starting to think moving to Orlando was a good idea.
我开始觉得搬到奥兰多是不错的选择了
We've been here for three years.
我们都在这住了3年了
Eddie finished middle school...
埃迪中学毕业了...
It's been a long haul
自入学的那个周三以来
since starting on that Wednesday.
这真是一段漫长艰难的时光啊
Cattleman's is going great...
我们的牛排店也运营的不错...
Well, pretty soon Golden Saddle
我相信金鞍餐厅很快就要抄袭
will be copying me copying them.
我们从他们那偷来的创意了
...and I just got my biggest listing yet...
...而且我接了目前为止最大的一单...
a house in Gulf Mist estates.
一栋海雾湾房产的房子
That fancy gated community?
就是那个有酷炫大门的社区吗?
Damn, woman. Right?
厉害了,我的妻,对吧?
We should celebrate.
我们应该要好好庆祝一番
Turn on the A.C.
去把空调打开
Yes. O-oh!
太棒了!
We're doing it, Jessica...
杰西卡,我们小日子也开始滋润了..
We're living the American dream,
我们现在就是活在美国梦里啊
just like... the landlord!
就像是...房主来了!
Quick, hide your grandmother!
快,把你们奶奶藏起来!
You still haven't added her to the lease?
你还是没把她名字加到租赁合同上吗?
No, it's 100 extra bucks a month.
当然没有,每月要多付一百美金呢
Are you gonna pay it?
你付啊?
Move, move! Put her in the pantry!
快!快!把她推到储食室去!
Go, go, go, go!
赶紧的!去!去!
Another debate team victory.
辩论赛又一次取得了胜利!
I still haven't heard one good reason
关乎我们为什么不应该有死刑的论点
why we shouldn't have capital punishment.
我还是连一条稍微好点的理由都没听到
You'll never sell me on the electric chair.
你永远都不会把我送到电椅上的
That power bill must be so high.
不然电费一定很贵
I have to make a quick stop to meet my new client.
我要顺便去见一下我的新客户
By all means, by all means.
那是自然哒
Whoa.
哇
This place looks nice.
这地方看起来不错啊
Eddie Murphy's mistress lives here. Oh.
艾迪·墨菲的情妇就住这,哦
We've had a lot of trouble trying to sell this place.
为了卖这房子,我们花了不少精力啊
It's a tough market for high-end real estate.
现在高档房的市场很不景气啊
I'll still find you a buyer.
我还是会给你找到个买家的
Okay.
好吧
I like your debate blazer.
我喜欢你的辩论队队服
The gold buttons
这种金扣子
whisper power instead of shouting it.
低调地表现出了权利的气息
It's actually my everyday blazer.
这实际上是我的日常校服
I go to St. Orlando's Prep.
我在圣奥兰多预备学校上课
Private school... do you love it?
私立学校...你喜欢吗?
I bet you love it.
我猜你肯定很喜欢
I love it.
我超爱的
Every two years,
每隔两年
they refresh all of the library books
学校就会把所有图书馆的书遍更新一遍
so the pages are always crisp.
以便让书页一直保持崭新靓丽
Girl.
妹子,天哪噜
For real.
是真的
My mom's a librarian there.
我妈是那的图书管理员
Did I mention they give us briefcases?
我有跟你提过学校还给我们发公文包吗?
They have uniforms and amazing debate team,
他们有统一的制服,辩论队超一流
a science lab this is an actual lab.
还有一个真正用来做实验的科学实验室
They even line up for the water fountain,
他们甚至连在饮水机前喝水都会排队
Unlike the savages at my school.
不像我们我们学校的那些野蛮人
Can I please go to St. Orlando's next year, mommy?
妈咪,我明年能去圣奥兰多上学吗?
"saint"? Sounds expensive.
"圣"这个字听着就很贵
But I really want to be with a higher echelon of people.
但是我想和高阶层的小朋友一起嘛
Did you just learn the world "echelon"?
"阶层"这个词是你刚学的吗?
Yes, and I would have learned it sooner
对,但如果我去圣奥兰多上学
if I went to St. Orlando's.
肯定早就学会了
Private school is a waste of money.
私立学校整个就是浪费钱
It's for parents who outsource their discipline.
那些懒得管小孩的家长就把他们的孩子丢到私立学校
But the private-school kids call each other "chum"!
但私立学校的孩子们都称对方为"密友"!
I don't need to pay people to push you guys to succeed.
我才不需要花钱请人来促使你们三兄弟成功
I already do that myself.
这活我自己就干了
The Menendez brothers went to private school,
梅嫩德斯兄弟(美国着名弑亲案主角)也去的是私立学校
and look what happened to them.
看看他们下场怎么样?
Who are they?
他们是谁?
Doesn't matter.
这不重要
The important thing is
重要的是
they didn't get away with it.
他们最后都没有成功逃脱
Check out my new weapon
看看我的新武器...
against the scourge of dead palm fronds...
用来对付枯死的棕榈树叶子的...
my telescopic pruner.
可伸缩修剪刀
I'll tell ya.
我告诉你
The right tool can make yard work a hoot.
一个合适的工具就能让庭院修剪工作轻松自如
I've always dreamed of owning a sit-down lawn mower.
我总想要一个可坐式草坪修剪机
I'd cut grass,
我可以边割草
reenact scenes from "Can't Buy Me Love"...
边再现披头士乐队《真爱无价》的场景...
Well, do it.
那就去买一台啊
Your restaurant's doing well.
你餐厅正如日中天
You can afford one.
你肯定能买得起
My yard doesn't belong to me.
我们家院子不是我们的
I rent.
是我租的
I can't pluck a dandelion
我拔根蒲公英
without hearing about it from my landlord Murray.
都要问问房东默里的态度
I can't wait to be a homeowner.
我真的迫不及待地想有一栋自己的房子了
A man should own his own house.
一个男人就应该要有自己的房子
Murray's open to selling,
默里倒是同意卖
but Jessica and I are very strict
但杰西卡和我对我们的长期计划
about our long-term plans.
可都是很谨慎的
We agreed for the next three years
我们都同意接下来的三年
we reinvest everything into our businesses.
把所获利益全部投回餐厅里
Oh, man!
天哪!
That was Honey's favorite flamingo.
那个是蜜儿最爱的火烈鸟
She's gonna be p.o.'d. Aw.
她会气坏的,哦
Hey.
嗨
Evan said he'd pay for my manicure
埃文说只要我跟你聊聊圣奥兰多的事
if I talked to you about St. Orlando's.
他就替我付美甲的钱
I'm an alumna... I...
我是那的校友...我...
Will you please hear her out?
你听她说完可以吗?
I know private school is expensive,
我知道私立学校很贵
but we only have to send me.
但你们只需要供我就行了
The "others" don't need to know.
"其他两个"不需要知道
Come with me.
跟我来吧
These...are life plans.
这些是...人生计划
I made one for each member of the family,
我给每个家庭成员都做了一份
And I update them every five years.
每五年一更新
I've mapped out all the classes and experiences
我把所有你们三兄弟致富成功
you boys need to be successful and lead good lives.
所要做的的事和上的课都列出来了
Emery's good at so many things,
埃默里擅长的事很多
so I left his career plan open,
所以我把他的职业规划栏空了出来
and I focused on his personal life.
花更多的心思在他的个人生活上
Eddie's plan was easy because the goal was simple.
埃迪的计划就简单多了,因为目标也很简单明了
And here is your plan.
然后这个就是你的计划了
I've thought of everything.
我已经把所有事都安排好了
I've already seen these boards. What do you mean?
我已经看过这些计划板了,啥?
I use the garage as a cartwheel zone
每当我想私下表达自己的喜悦之情时
when I want to express joy in private.
我就把这个车库当做我的侧手翻基地
But I wasn't planning on you finding them
但我并本打算让你两年后
for another two years.
再发现这个的
You're ahead of schedule.
你行动已经超前了
And I'm ahead of everyone in my class, too.
而且我还比班上每个学生都要超前
That's why I want to go to St. Orlando's.
这就是我想去圣奥兰多的原因
I could just give you more c.l.c.
我可以给你买更多的习题啊
I've already done all the workbooks...
我已经把所有的练习册都做完了
even the french one.
法语那本也做了
You have five minutes to convince me
你有五分钟的时间来说服我
why private school's better for my son
为什么私立学校要比公立学校
than public school.
对我儿子更有益处
I'll only need four.
我只需要四分钟
Emery, that squirrel was on the porch again.
埃默里,那只松鼠又跑到门廊那里去了
We need to bean him in the head with your marbles.
我们要用你的子弹来射它的头
Is that a pentium II? Yep.
那是第二代奔腾处理器? 对
I borrowed it form the A/V club for the summer.
我向视听室兴趣组借了一个暑假
check it out,
来看看
I'm editing your graduation video.
我正在编辑你们的毕业视频
We are gathered to say goodbye
我们齐聚一堂
to the class of 1997.
为我们1997届的班级告别
Whoa, it's like "pop up video"!
哇,这就像是"多窗口视频"!
Isn't it cool?
是不是很厉害?
As the great Boyz II Men once said,
正如了不起的Boyz II Men组合(美国着名R&B组合)说过
"It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday."
"告别过去,谈何容易"
So funny, right?
很有趣,对吧?
Sure.
当然
Snack break...
点心时间...
You guys want anything?
你们想要些什么吗?
You know we do.
这还用说?
You guys want to have some fun?
你们想搞点好玩吗?
Yeah. Mm-hmm.
当然,嗯
Lou, I've been thinking about what you said.
路,我一直在想你跟我说的话
About dandelions? I know.
是关于蒲公英吗?我知道
I regret sharing that with you.
我现在很后悔跟你说了那些
It felt very personal.
太隐私了
No, no, no.
不不不
About you wanting to own your own house.
是关于你想有一座自己的房子的
I have a friend that can help you
我有个朋友能帮你
free up some cash.
弄到点现金
He's outside right now waiting for my signal.
他现在就在外面等着我的信号
Now!
就是现在!
Oh, my god.
哦,天哪!
Michael Bolton.
迈克尔·波顿(美国上个世纪80-90年代备受欢迎的巨星)
Um, what are you doing here?
额,你来着干嘛?
Recording my new album in Orlando.
到奥兰多来录我的新专辑
I got to be in Florida 183 days out of the year
我每年必须要在弗罗里达州呆上183天
for tax purposes.
税务需要
Savvy in and out of the studio.
无论是在录音室内还是录音室外都这么睿智
I've got a proposal for you.
我有个提议给你(我想要向你求婚)
Do you know how many women would kill to hear me say that?
你知道都多少女人死都想听我跟她们说这句话?
So many women!
很多很多就对了!
My wife for one.
我老婆就是其中一个
I already pay taxes for public school.
我已经在为公立学校交税了
Why would I spend an extra four grand a year on private.
为什么我每年还要为私立学校多付四千元呢
Well, first of all,
首先呢
St. Orlando's is a year-round school.
圣奥兰多是全年无休的学校
No summer vacation?
没有暑假?
I could just stick my kids
暑假的时候我也可以
in public summer school for free.
免费把孩子送到公立学校
Certainly, but half the kids are forced to be there
当然,不过半数学生都是没办法才去的
because they're, forgive me, "dum-dums."
因为他们,说的不好听就是太笨了
Is that really what you want?
这就是你要的吗?
Well, what I don't want is to help pay
我不想要的是为你们学校的
for your school's football program.
足球项目掏钱
There's no football here.
我们没有足球
We teach only the "networking" sports...
我们只教有助于人际往来的运动
golf, squash, birding.
高尔夫,壁球,观鸟之类的
That's great.
那很棒
But I'm sure the teachers here are just as lazy.
不过我想这儿的老师也很懒吧
Oh, we don't have teachers.
我们没有老师
We hire specialists in their field.
我们会雇各领域的专家
We call them "consultants."
我们称之为顾问
Continue. We're private,
继续说,因为我们是私立学校
so we can easily fire
所以可以很容易地把
any underperforming consultants.
那些表现不好的顾问炒鱿鱼
Did I mention that 99% of our students
我刚才有说我们99%的学生
go on to Ivy League schools?
都去了常春藤名校吗?
The other 1% go straight to med school.
剩下的1%直接进入医学院
The first step to doctor-president.
成为医生总统的第一步
We have relationships with all the top universities.
我们跟所有的顶尖学校都有往来
We send more kids to Harvard
我们送去哈佛的孩子
than any other school in Orlando.
比奥兰多其他任何学校都多
And with a student
如果是一个本身
who is already academically strong,
成绩就很好的学生
like your son?
比如说你儿子?
We could send him into the stratosphere.
我们甚至可以让他进入社会顶尖层
The astronaut holding the camera
那个拿着相机的宇航员
is also a St. Orlando's alum.
也是我们学校的校友
One tuition, please.
我们上了
Yes!
耶!
Goodbye, mommy.
再见妈妈
Tell the family I'll see them in six months.
跟家里说半年后见
W-we're not a boarding school.
我们没有住宿
I'll pay for everything but P.E.
体育课我是不会付钱的
Evan can just learn tennis from his brother.
埃文跟他哥哥就可以学网球
We can't do that.
这恐怕不行
Okay, fine.
好吧
I'll pay for P.E., but no English.
体育课的钱我出,但是英语不行
He gets that free from life.
他在生活中就能免费学英语
We don't offer private school à la carte.
私立学校可没有单点一道菜的事
I'll pay the whole year up front,
我会先付一年的钱
but you have to give me
但是你得给我
a substantial early-bird discount.
提前付款的折扣
It's not that simple.
没那么简单
First your son must be accepted into this school.
首先学校要愿意接收你的儿子
There is an application.
还需要进行申请
Okay, sure. Whatever.
行,都可以
I'll fill it out right now.
现在我就填表格
It's more involved than that.
不止这些
We need letters of recommendation,
我们还需要推荐信
Transcripts, an interview.
成绩单,还有面试
We're highly selective.
我们要求很高
But...
但是
...diversity.
...在学生人种上也很多样化
Oh, we don't have to worry about that here.
我们不用担心这个
We're private.
我们可是私立的
So, I have to earn the privilege
所以我还得努力才有资格
to pay your ridiculous tuition?
付你们这高得离谱的学费?
If my son doesn't get into Harvard,
如果我儿子进不了哈佛
I want a full refund.
我就要退全款
Headmaster.
校长,再会
You want to buy my restaurant?
你要买我的餐厅?
Well, I've already conquered music,
我已经征服音乐界了
and it's time to diversify my brand.
是时候让我的品牌多样化了
And Kenny Rogers is doing so well
肯尼·罗杰斯的鸡肉餐厅
with his chicken restaurants...
做得这么好...
So well.
这么好
He never lets you forget.
你永远忘不了
I carry this around with me
我随身带着最个
just to give me motivation.
想给自己点动力
Well, I'm flattered,
谢谢你的赏识
but my restaurant's not for sale.
不过我的餐厅不卖
I moved my whole family down here for this,
我们全家就是为了这餐厅才搬到奥兰多的
put a lot of work into it.
我们做了很多努力
I built it from nothing.
我是白手起家的
What if I come in as a silent partner?
那如果我作为不出面的合伙人呢?
You could still run the day-to-day,
每天还是你经营
I'd get a stake of the company,
我持有股份
and you get a big cash infusion.
你还能得到一大笔注资
Which you can use to buy your house.
你可以用来买房子
That does sound like a good deal.
听起来不错
But Jessica and I have a rule...
但是杰西卡跟我有个规矩...
we don't deviate from our life plan.
我们不会偏离我们的人生计划的
And it's worked out well for us so far.
而且到现在为止我们都过得不错
Sorry, but the answer is no.
不好意思,但是还是不了
Michael, I am so sorry.
迈克尔,不好意思
I don't know what happened.
我不知道这是怎么回事
I'm s... I don't know what happened.
我不知道怎么会这样
It's okay.
没事
It was worth a shot.
值得一试
How do you guys even know each other?
你们是怎么认识的?
Oh, I did some emergency dental work on him
在他做《爱情与温柔》巡回表演的时候
during his time, Love & Tenderness tour.
我为他做过紧急牙齿护理
I slipped on a bouquet of white roses.
我踩在一束白玫瑰上滑倒了
It's not funny, dude.
这不好笑,大哥
I always wear underwear. Look.
我一直都穿内裤的,你看
Oh. no. Never mind.
哦,不,算了
What's going on?
这怎么回事?
We're turning your boring gradation video
我们把你无聊的毕业录像
into gold.
变成经典了
Trent, I can't believe you're a sparrow scout.
特伦特,真不敢相信你是麻雀童子军
That's so lame.
真是逊啊
I know how to filet a trout.
我知道怎么做鲑鱼生鱼片
What can you filet?
你能做什么片?
You know I don't eat anything that has a mama.
你知道有妈妈的东西我都不吃的
Wait, what?
等等,这啥?
What the hell is this?
这什么鬼?
Who wrote this bubble?
这句话谁写的?
Who thinks this?
谁想出来的?
No, I want to know.
不,我要知道
We should probably update this to include private school.
我们可能要更新一下这个,把私立学校加进去
Should I get the wite-out?
我要去拿修正液吗?
In this family, we don't hide mistakes.
在这个家里,我们从来都不隐藏自己的错误
We look at them, feel shame,
我们正视它们,体验到羞愧感
and never talk about them again.
之后就不再谈论它们
Hey, what are you guys doing out here?
你们在做什么呢?
I'm just showing Evan our life plans.
我在给埃文看我们的人生规划
Oh, great.
真不错
You know, I was just thinking about
你知道吗,我刚还在想
how well we've done with those.
我们把人生计划实行得很好
Yes, because we're very strict
对,因为我们一直严格坚持
about sticking to the plan.
执行规划
Uh, we sure are.
当然
Never stray no matter what.
不管怎样不走偏
Otherwise, what's the point of a plan, right?
不然计划的意义在哪,对吧?
Right.
对
Uh, Evan, I don't know if your mom mentioned this,
埃文,不知道你妈有没有跟你说
but I did all the collage work.
拼贴工作都是我做的
I didn't. I didn't.
我没说,我没说过
You're not gonna tell him about private school?
你不跟他说私立学校的事?
Not yet.
还没到时候
Let's get you in first.
你先入学再说
If I'm gonna stray from the plan,
如果我要违背计划
It can't be for just a "maybe."
那也得确保你能进去再违背
Evan got a kangaroo sticker in math.
埃文数学得了一个袋鼠贴纸
Does kangaroo mean "A"?
袋鼠表示他得了优吗?
We don't believe in letter grades.
我们不用优中差评分
Well, St. Orlando's does,
圣奥兰多用
so if you had to say
如果一定要说
what grade a kangaroo represents,
袋鼠代表什么成绩
would you say "A"?
那会是优吗?
I'd say a "B." "A"?
我觉得是中,优吗?
Your daughter attends St. Orlando's, right?
你女儿在圣奥兰多对吧?
As the parent of a current student,
由于你是该学校学生的家长
I need you to sign this letter of recommendation
我需要你在这封推荐信上签字
I wrote for my son.
这是为我儿子写的
I will if you lower your commission.
可以啊,如果你降低你的佣金的话
You're an alumna of St. Orlando's, right?
你是圣奥兰多的校友对吧?
I need you to sign this letter of recommendation
我需要你在这里签字
I wrote for my son.
这是我儿子的推荐信
Oh, I really can't sign anything
我指甲状态这么糟
With my nails so jacked up.
真是什么都签不了了
So we agree.
我们都同意了
We pool our graduation money
我们把毕业的份子钱凑到一起
so we can turn this driveway into a gym.
这样我们就能把这个车道变成健身的地方
We'll have all summer to get ripped.
我们有整个暑假来锻炼
We show up to high school yoked out,
我们结实地去上高中
and people will think we're sophomores.
这样大家都会以为我们高二了
I know a great preacher curl workout.
我知道一个练二头肌的好方法
Two of my sisters work at GNC,
我的两个姐姐在健安喜公司(保健品公司)工作
so I can hook us up with some creatine.
我能给大家带一些肌肉素
It's really coming together.
事情越来越靠谱了
My step-brother has the video.
录影带落在我哥继兄手里了
What? I took it home last night
什么?我昨晚把它带回家
to work on some more mean bubbles about you guys,
想做一些关于你们的毒舌评论气泡
and he found it in my room.
然后他在我屋里找到了
That dude is a tool.
那哥们儿就是一蠢蛋
He's gonna show the tape to everyone.
他会把录影带给所有人看的
It won't matter how buff I am when we start school
如果大家知道我是名麻雀童子军
if people know I'm a sparrow scout.
那么我开学时不管多壮实都没用了
People will think I want to do it with a tree.
大家会以为我想睡一棵树
I'm ruined.
我完了
I was gonna go out for football.
我本来还想争取进足球队的
I just want your support on this.
我就希望你们能挺我一下
Which part, man?
支持足球还是录像带,哥们儿?
We have to get that tape back.
我们必须得把录影带拿回来
We can't start high school as losers.
我们不能一上高中就成了废物啊
This is the interview portion of our process.
现在是考核阶段的面试环节
We just have a few questions to ask you.
我们只想问你几个小问题
It's my pleasure.
我的荣幸
So, Evan, what's a current item in the news
埃文,当下新闻事件里
that interests you?
有什么你感兴趣的吗?
Sheep cloning.
克隆羊问题
I think it would be a boon for the sweater industry.
我觉得这将是毛衣产业的福音
Who do you admire?
你崇拜的谁?
Whom do I admire?
应该说我崇拜的是谁?
Why are you interested in our school?
你为什么对我们学校感兴趣?
I'd come for your blazers,
我可以说是因为你们的校服
but I'd stay for your
但我还是要说,是因为你们的
international baccalaureate program.
国际学士学位项目
Tell me about your family.
给我讲讲你的家人
They're all good eggs.
他们都是好人
We rent a house in north Orlando,
我们在北奥兰多租了房子
My parents run a steakhouse.
我爸妈开牛排餐馆
We're just your typical American family
我们就是典型的美国家庭
who's overcome incredible odds
克服了重重困难
to achieve big dreams.
来实现我们的美国梦
Well, that's all of our questions.
好的,我们的问题问完了
No red flags.
没什么让人不满意的
We'll be in touch with you very soon.
我们会很快和你联系
Hey, great job.
做得好
Evan, it's here.
埃文,信来了
It's so big!
这信封好大!
That means they're sending us parking instructions,
这意味着他会发来停车指南
reading lists, bumper stickers for the car...
阅读书目还有车尾贴...
“Dear Mr. Huang, sorry to inform you that"...
“亲爱的黄先生,很抱歉通知您...
The hell?!
什么鬼?!
Oh, you didn't get in?
你没被录取?
And they still sent us these?
他们还寄来这东西?
How could you not get in?
你怎么会没被录取?
You have perfect grades, you killed your interview,
你成绩那么好,面试表现的那么棒
and there is no way they could tie you back to Eddie.
而且他们绝对不可能把你和艾迪联系起来
Well, I guess they don't think I belong in their echelon.
我猜他们可能觉得我不属于他们那个阶层
No. Someone made a mistake.
不可能,一定是有人搞错了
You messed up, Deidre.
你搞砸了,黛德丽
Evan didn't get into St. Orlando's.
埃文没被圣奥兰多录取
It was your letter of recommendation.
是你写的推荐信
Uh, you mean the one that you wrote
你是指全是你写的
and I just signed?
我就签了名的那个吗?
W... it was not a strong signature!
那个签名不够有力!
It tapered off at the end, conveying doubt.
那个签名最后一笔很浅,传达着一种质疑感
Jessica, look, private schools are picky.
杰西卡,私立学校十分挑剔的
Unless your family has gone there for generations,
除非你的家族好几代人都去了那个学校
or you're the child of someone who works there,
或者你是那的职工的孩子
there's really no guarantee.
否则真的很难被录取
But Evan is overqualified.
但是埃文太够格了
How could they reject him?
他们怎么能拒绝他?
Maybe it's not him.
也许不是他的问题
Maybe it's you.
也许是你的问题
These schools don't just evaluate the student.
这些学校不光评估学生
They evaluate the whole family.
他们评估整个家庭
Why would my family be rejected?
他们怎么会拒绝我家?
We're doing great.
我们很好的
We live in a good neighborhood,
我们住在一个好的街区
we own our own restaurant...
我们有一家餐馆...
Word in the birding community...
坊间传闻...
St. Orlando's saw you as renters
圣奥兰多学校觉得你们是
who work in the service industry.
在服务业工作的租客
And I heard sometimes
而且我还听说有时候
you hide you mother-in-law in the pantry?
你把你婆婆藏在储物室里?
Murray, what are you doing here?
莫里,你在这干什么?
I already sent you this month's rent.
这个月的房租我已经交了
Ah, just inspecting my property,
就来看看我的房产
and I happen to notice
正好发现
that there's some damage to the driveway
车道有些损坏
which I'm gonna have to charge you for.
我得跟你们收钱
Did you have an above-ground pool out here
你之前在这建了一个地上泳池
or something?
还是什么别的吗?
We did not.
我们没有
And I notice that the lawn looks a little different.
我还发现草坪跟以前看着不太一样了
Have you been tampering with it?
你们是背着我鼓捣了吗?
What? no.
什么?没有啊
Well, someone's been weeding this yard,
肯定有人除了草
'cause I don't see any dandelions.
因为我看不到蒲公英了
You know they help indicate
你知道的,蒲公英有助于显示
whether the grass is getting enough moisture,
草坪有没有充足的水分
so someone better not be messing with them.
所以最好别乱动它们
You know what, Murray?
莫里,你猜怎么着?
I did pick the dandelions.
我确实拔了蒲公英
I picked 10 dandelions,
我拔了十个
and I made 10 wishes,
然后许了十个愿望
and you know what they all were?
想知道这些愿望是什么吗?
To own my own house.
我想有一个自己的房子
You know, you don't have to keep making the same wish
要知道吗,同样的愿望,你不用
over and over.
重复地许
God hears you after the first one.
上帝在你第一次许愿的时候就听到了
Are you sure your step-brother's only 16?
你确定你继兄只有16岁?
No. Tyler could be 30.
不确定,泰勒可能已经30了
I don't know much about him.
我不太了解他
I'm just gonna go talk to him, young man to young man...
我就准备跟他来一场年轻人之间的谈话
Ask him to remember what it was like
我要问他是否还记得
when he was a freshman,
自己还是新生的时候
how hard it was starting high school
是否还记得只有自己的朋友陪在身边
when all you have is your friends
开启高中生活时有多困难
and how I'm asking, as Brian's friend,
我想作为布莱恩的朋友
for that tape back.
要回那个带子
Well, that'll never work.
你这方法不会管用的
Yeah, put that in the "stupid idea" file.
把这个想法记到愚蠢想法的记录上吧
You guys are too quick with that file.
你们对那记录也太草率了
I don't know why my "poison him" idea is in there.
我不明白为什么我那个毒死他的想法会在记录上
Unless someone comes up with a better plan,
如果没人有更好的办法
I'm going in.
我就进去了
Mom, I don't want any muesli.
妈,我不想要什么麦片
I recognize you from the video.
我在录影带里见过你
Your pop-up said
你的气泡里说
you ate string cheese that fell in the gutter.
你吃了掉进排水沟里的手撕奶酪
It was lying on a bed of leaves.
它掉在了一堆叶子上
It was clean. What are you doing here?
是干净的,你来有什么事?
I'm one of your step-brother's friends.
我是你弟弟的朋友
I'm here to talk to you young man to young man,
我来跟你进行一场年轻人之间的谈话
and to ask you to remember what it was like
我想问你是否还记得
When you were a freshman...
你当年作为新生的情境...
What the hell? Get the tape!
什么鬼? 快拿录影带!
Poison him before you leave!
你走之前毒死他!
Nope. Nope.
这个不行,这个也不行
What's this two-tone one?
这个两个颜色的是什么?
They're all the same, Michael.
他们都一样,迈克尔
Okay, let's do it.
我们就这么办把
Is my receptionist not out there? Rebecca!
我的接待员没在外头吗?丽贝卡!
I don't care if it's not in my life plan.
我不在乎我的人生规划里有没有这个
I can't be a renter anymore.
我不能再做一个租客了
I need to own my house,
我需要拥有自己的房子
so I'll sell you a stake in the restaurant
我愿意把餐馆的一部分股权卖给你
and take you on as a partner.
让你成为合伙人
And together, we'll destroy Kenny Rogers.
我们联手就能搞垮肯尼·罗杰斯
That's more your thing,
那更像是你的私事
but I like that you're motivated by revenge.
但我喜欢你被复仇的力量激励着
My wife will love that.
我老婆一定喜欢的
Mom, I've had time to think about it,
妈妈,我最近想了想
and it's gonna be okay.
没关系的
I thought you said you weren't feeling challenged
我以为你之前说你在原来的学校
in your regular school.
感觉没有任何挑战难度
And I'll make that my new challenge.
我会把这个当成我的新挑战
I'll do extra c.l.c.,
我会参与更多的课外辅导
audit some junior college classes,
旁听一些初级大学课程
take an immersion trip to Montreal
去蒙特利尔来一场感受之旅
to work on my french.
来练习我的法语
Michael Bolton
迈克尔·波顿
offered me a partnership deal for the restaurant,
给了我一份餐馆合伙的邀约
and I think we should take it.
我觉得我们应该接受
What?
什么?
I know it means straying from our life plan,
我知道这样意味着偏离了我们的人生计划
but we should make exceptions for good opportunities.
但是我们应该为了更好的机会而破例
I want to own our house,
我想拥有我们自己的房子
And this deal will let us do that.
而这个交易能让我们做到
You're right.
你说的没错
Maybe we can be less strict with our plans.
也许我们可以不那么严格地执行计划
But we're not buying this house.
但我们不买这个房子
We'd like to buy your house.
我们想买你的房子
You want to buy this house?
你想买这房子?
But with one stipulation.
但有一个条件
You get our son into St. Orlando's.
你让我们的儿子进圣奥兰多
Your wife works there, right?
你老婆在那儿工作,是吗?
She gets our son in, you've sold your house.
她把我们儿子弄进去,我们就买你房子
We can work something out.
我们能找到解决办法
I'm going to private school!
我要去私立学校了!
I'm not in the garage, but screw it!
我现在不在车库里,但管他呢!
Are we sure about this?
你确定吗?
You want to own your own home,
你想有自己的房子
I want Evan in private school.
我想埃文进私立学校
Michael Bolton will get us both.
迈克尔·波顿能让我们两者兼得
We did it! We got the tape back.
我们做到了!我们拿回录像带了
Are you gonna get in trouble for throwing a rock
你向你哥哥的窗户扔了石头
through your stepbrother's window?
会惹麻烦吗?
Eh, if things get heated I can always fake a seizure.
真有事的话,我就装癫痫好了
Guys, we're entering high school on a win.
兄弟们,让我们昂首阔步进入高中
Things are gonna be okay.
一切都会没事的
Yeah!
棒极了!
Divorce.
离婚
What's going on?
怎么回事?
Pack your things and say goodbye to your friends, we're moving.
去打包东西,和你的朋友道个别吧,我们要搬家了
Time to make new friends.
交新朋友的时候到了
Hold that look, Eddie, I'm trying to find the zoom.
保持这个表情别动,艾迪,我在找镜头推近按钮
Ah, there it is.
啊,找到了