She wanted her to have a life
希望她能有完整的人生
She wanted her to have friends and to play and to be happy
希望她能有朋友能玩能幸福
Do you realize the consequences of boredom for a gifted child, Mr. Adler?
你知道平淡的生活会让天才儿童怎么样吗
They become resentful and sullen
他们会变得易怒 郁闷
Mary's not an angry kid
玛丽不是易怒的孩子
Really?
是吗
Did she not attack a child on the school bus?
她没在校车上打过一个孩子吗
A 12-year-old tripped a 7-year-old and she came to his defense
一个岁的孩子绊倒了一个岁孩子 她站出来维护他
Did she break the boy's nose? Yes
她是不是把那男孩鼻子打破了 是的
On October 16th of last year, were you arrested for assault?
去年10月16日 你是不是因为伤人被捕了
You have to answer the question, Mr Adler
你必须回答问题 阿德勒先生
A drunk idiot attacked me and I defended myself
一个喝醉的笨蛋打我 我是自卫
Did you spend the night in jail?
你是不是被拘留了一晚
Yeah
是的
You are in way over your head here
你真是不自量力
You're depriving that girl
你剥夺了她的未来
You're gambling with her future and now you're being presented with an opportunity to do right...
拿她的前程做赌注 现在你有了机会能...
Does counsel have a question for my client?
律师对我的当事人有问题吗
Take the high road, Mr. Adler,
做出明智的选择 阿德勒先生 趁她还能挽救
Does counsel have a question for my client or not? Yes, sir. I do have the question
律师对我的当事人到底有没有问题 有 先生 我确实有个问题
Tell us, is your continued guardianship really in the best interest of this little girl?
告诉我们 你继续做监护人 真的是对她最好的吗
Yes
是的
Yes, it is
是的
I have no further questions
我没别的问题了