One time, I told him that my dream job was to work at Amnesty I nternational,
有一次我说我梦想在国际特赦组织工作
and he was, like, devastated.
他下巴都吓掉了
So you're lucky...
所以你很幸运
you're lucky that your dad's so cool.
有一个这么酷的爸爸
Hey! Hey!
你好
This is my friend, Maya. Hey, how are you?
这是我朋友 玛雅 你好吗
Hey. I told her to stop by.
我让她顺路来坐
So, uh, you go to Harvard, too? Yes, I do.
你也是哈佛的吗 是的
Yeah, uh, Maya's in orchestra with me.
对 玛雅和我都是管弦部的
She plays the violin. Oh.
她拉小提琴 哦
And, uh, what instrument do you play?
你演奏什么乐器
I play the flute. Yeah.
我吹笛子
The flute? Oh, wow. Yeah.
笛子 哇哦
I just don't feel like it's my job
我就是觉得 我没有义务去
to be the ambassador to all these Chinese students.
做什么什么中国学生的大使
I mean, of course I want to help them assimilate, but...
我是说 我很想帮他们融入没错
First of all, I'm fucking Korean. Okay?
问题是 我他妈是韩国人啊
And second of all, I don't even speak Mandarin...
我连个汉语都不会说
Her friend Maya was equally captivating,
她朋友玛雅也十分迷人
equally compelling.
引人注目
I suddenly felt a deep grief...
我突然感到一阵深深的悲哀
for all the women I would never love...
悲哀我错过的 无法去爱的女人
and all the lives I would never live.
悲哀我无法经历的人生
I imagined running away with them both
我想象着与她们一起逃离这里
and starting again.
从头开始
And what that might look like.
那会是什么样的