kick the bucket
翘辫子
She kicked the bucket last Friday and we are all deeply saddened by this.
她于上周五翘辫子,我们都为此感到十分伤心。
He kicked the bucket last Friday and we are all deeply saddened by this.
他于上周五翘辫子,我们都为此感到十分伤心。
My grandma finally left us this morning. She was happy and peaceful.
祖母今早去世了。她是寿终正寝。
How old was she? 95.
她多大岁数啊? 95岁。
Impressive! If I'm in my eighties when I kick the bucket, I'd be verry happy.
很了不起啊!我要是能在80多寿终正寝,我就很高兴了。
Euthanasia is the practice of killing without pain, a patient who is suffering from a disease that cannot be cured.
安乐死是无痛杀死身患绝症的病人的行为。
It is still illegal in most countries.
它在大多数国家尚未合法化。
I don't get why so many people are against mercy killing.
我实在不理解为什么那么多人反对安乐死。
I mean when you are terminally ill and all you do is suffer from enormous pain every single day. Why not go for mercy killing?
如果你得的是绝症,活着的每天只是继续忍受无穷无尽的痛苦,为什么不选择安乐死呢?
No offense, but people are entitled to different opinions.
无意冒犯你,不过每个人都有权保持自己的看法。
I for one, believe that you should never take a life away because no matter how you spin it, it is still a murder.
我就认为永远不该亲手结束一条生命,因为无论从什么角度去看,它还是谋杀行为。