A soldier! a soldier! I'm longing to be:
战士!战士!我渴望:
The name and the life of a soldier for me!
以战士的名义过着战士的生活,
I would not be living at ease and at play;
我将不再安逸度生、自在玩乐;
True honor and glory I'd win in my day.
我将赢得生命中真正的荣光和骄傲。
A soldier! a soldier! in armor arrayed;
战士!战士!身披铠甲;
My weapons in hand, of no contest afraid;
手握钢枪,心无恐惧;
I'd ever be ready to strike the first blow,
我已整装待发,
And to fight my way through the ranks of the foe.
杀入敌人的队伍。
But then, let me tell you, no blood would I shed,
但我告诉你,没有血途,
No victory seek o'er the dying and dead;
我绝不在死亡中寻找胜利;
A far braver soldier than this would I be;
我要成为一个更加勇敢的战士;
A warrior of Truth, in the ranks of the free.
在自由之列中为真理而战的勇士。
A soldier! a soldier! Oh, then, let me be!
战士!战士!噢,让我成为这样一位战士吧!
My friends, I invite you, enlist now with me.
我的朋友,我邀请你,和我一起入伍,
Truth's bands shall be mustered, love's foes shall give way!
为真理而战的队伍正在集结,爱的敌人将会闻风而逃!
Let's up, and be clad in our battle array!
起来吧,加入到我们的斗争之列中!