Bed in Summer
夏日里的床
by Robert Louis Stevenson
作者:罗伯特·路易斯·斯蒂文森
In winter I get up at night and dress by yellow candlelight.
冬天里我在黑夜起床,借着黄色烛光穿好衣裳。
In summer, quite the other way, I have to go to bed by day.
夏天里,恰好反过来,大白天我就得上床睡觉。
I have to go to bed and see. The birds still hopping on the tree,
我不得不上床,看见鸟儿仍在树上跳跃,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet. Still going past me in the street.
要么听见大人的脚步声。在大街上走过我身边。
And does it seem hard to you?
你不觉得这对你来说挺难的吗?
When all the sky is clear and blue,
天空那么晴朗、那么蓝,
And I should like so much to play,
我多么想玩,
To have to go to bed by day?
可大白天就得上床?