I used to travel by air a great deal when I was a boy.
我在幼年的时候 曾多次乘飞机旅行
My parents used to live in South America
我的父母曾经住在南美洲
and I used to fly there from Europe in the holidays.
所以假期里我常从欧洲乘飞机到他们那里
A flight attendant would take charge of me
我总是由一位空中乘务员照管
and I never had an unpleasant experience.
从未遇到过不愉快的经历
I am used to travelling by air
我习惯了乘飞机旅行
and only on one occasion have I ever felt frightened.
只是有一次把我吓坏了
After taking off,
起飞之后
we were flying low over the city and slowly gaining height,
我们在城市上空低低地飞行 然后慢慢爬高
when the plane suddenly turned round and flew back to the airport.
这时飞机突然调转头来 飞回了机场
While we were waiting to land,
在我们等待降落时
a flight attendant told us to keep calm
一位空中乘务员告诉我们要保持镇静
and to get off the plane quietly as soon as it had touched down.
待飞机一着陆 就马上不声不响地离开飞机
Everybody on board was worried and we were curious to find out what had happened.
飞机上的人都很着急 大家都急于想知道究竟出了什么事
Later we learnt that there was a very important person on board.
后来我们才得知 飞机上坐了一位非常重要的人物
The police had been told that a bomb had been planted on the plane.
有人报告警察 说飞机上安放了一枚炸弹
After we had landed, the plane was searched thoroughly.
我们降落之后 飞机被彻底搜查了一遍
Fortunately, nothing was found
幸运的是 什么也没有找到
and five hours later we were able to take off again.
5个小时后 我们又起飞了