手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 小学英语 > 小学英语教材视频 > 新概念小学英语 > 新概念英语第二册英音 > 正文

新概念英语第二册英音:L87 A perfect alibi

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

'At the time the murder was committed,

在凶杀发生的时候
I was travelling on the 8 o'clock train to London,' said the man.
我正坐在8点钟开往伦敦的火车上 那人说
'Do you always catch such an early train?' asked the inspector.
您总是赶这么早的火车吗 探长问
'Of course I do,' answered the man.
当然是的 那人回答
'I must be at work at 10 o'clock.
我必须在10点钟上班
My employer will confirm that I was there on time.'
我的雇主会证明我是按时到了那儿的
'Would a later train get you to work on time?' asked the inspector.
晚一点儿的车也能送您按时上班吗 探长问
'I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.'
我认为可以 但我从来不乘晚一点儿的车
'At what time did you arrive at the station?'
您几点钟到的火车站
'At ten to eight. I bought a paper and waited for the train.'

7点50分 我买了张报纸等着车来

'And you didn't notice anything unusual?'
您没有注意到有什么异常情况发生吗
'Of course not.'
当然没有
'I suggest,' said the inspector, 'that you are not telling the truth.
我提醒您 探长说 您讲的不是实话
I suggest that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train,
您乘的不是8点钟的火车
but that you caught the 8.25
而是8点25分的
which would still get you to work on time.
这班车同样能使您按时上班
You see, on the morning of the murder,
您看 在凶杀发生的那天早晨
the 8 o'clock train did not run at all.

8点钟的那班车根本没有发

It broke down at Ferngreen station and was taken off the line.'
它在芬格林车站出了故障而被取消了

重点单词   查看全部解释    
committed [kə'mitid]

想一想再看

adj. 献身于某种事业的,委托的

联想记忆
unusual [ʌn'ju:ʒuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不平常的,异常的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。