That step—that step—that little step, so light Upon the ground,
那脚步声,轻轻地一点点走近了,
how heavy does it fall Upon my heart! I feel my child!
却是重重地踩在我的心上。孩子呀,我能感觉你过来了。
(Enter Sarnem with Albert, whose eyes are riveted on Tell’s bow, which Sarnem carries.)
(萨勒姆带着阿尔伯特走了进来,阿尔伯特眼睛紧紧盯着萨勒姆手上拿着的弓弩。)
This he! We can but perish.
就是他!大家都愣住了。
Albert says: (Aside.) Yes; I was right. It is my father's bow!
阿尔伯特说,(闪到一边)是的,我没看错,就是我爸爸的弓箭!
For there's my father! I'll not own him though!
虽然我还没看见我爸爸,他一定在这里!
See! What? Look there!
看那边!哪儿?那边!
I do, what would you have me see? Thy father.
我看了,你让我看谁呀?你爸爸呀!
Who? That—that my father?
谁?那——那是我爸爸?
My boy! my boy! my own brave boy! He's safe!
孩子,我的孩子,勇敢的好孩子!他很好。
Sarnem says: (Aside to Gesler.) They're like each other.
萨勒姆说:(闪在一边对盖斯勒说)他们俩长得很像。
Gesler says: Yet I see no sign of recognition to betray the link Unites a father and his child.
盖斯勒说:我可看不出丝毫破绽,这父亲和孩子长得一点也不像。
My lord, I am sure it is his father. Look at them.
老爷,我相信那家伙就是那孩子父亲,你看他俩,
That boy did spring from him; or never cast came from the mold it fitted!
那男孩确实与泰尔很像,否则怎会有同样的模子刻出来?
It may be A preconcerted thing 'gainst such a chance.
虽然他们不过彼此冷淡地打量一下,
That they survey each other coldly thus.
或许,那是他们事先想好的对策来应付这样场合。
We shall try. Lead forth the caitiff.
我们来查个究竟,带上那个混蛋。
To a dungeon? No; into the court.
去地牢?不,去法庭。