On they went, until they came to some woods and a red barn.
他们继续走,一直走到了一片树林和一个红色谷仓前。
Then the tired old rabbit said something again.
这时,这只疲惫的老兔子又嘀咕了一句。
"What did you say" asked Billy Beaver. "Oh, nothing."
“你说什么?”海狸比利问道。“啊,没什么。”
"Yes, you did, too. I heard you."
“但你确实说了,我听到了。”
"Well, I just said that I could not see what is in front of us. You are so wide."
“好吧,我只是说我看不到我们前方是什么,你的身板儿太宽了。”
"I can't help being wide," said Billy Beaver."Beavers are always wide." "Oh," said the rabbit.
“身体宽,我也没办法,海狸的身体都宽的。”海狸比利说。“哦。”兔子回应。
On they rode, past a yellow house and a big garden.
他们继续前进,路过了一个黄屋子和一个大花园。
After a while they came to a bumpy place in the road.
不一会儿,他们走上了一段颠簸的道路。
Then the rabbit said something again.
兔子又嘀咕了一句。
"What did you say this time, Rabbit?" asked Billy Beaver. "Oh, nothing."
“这次你又说了什么,兔子?”海狸比利问道。“啊,没什么。”
"But I heard you say something! What did you say?"
“但我听到你嘀咕了!你说什么了?”
"Well, I just said that the road is very bumpy here. It shakes me all around and bumps my tail."
“好吧,我只是说这里的路好颠簸,震得我七上八下,颠到我的尾巴了。”
Then Billy Beaver called "Whoa!" He looked around at the old rabbit.
海狸比利吆喝道:“停车!”他上下打量了一下这只年老兔子。
"You had better get out," he said. "Out!" said the rabbit. "Why?"
“你好滚下车。”他说道。“下车?”兔子说,“为什么?”。
"If you don't like to ride, you had better get out and walk."
“如果你不想坐车,你好滚下去,自己走路。”
"But I do like to ride," said the rabbit.
“但我想坐车。”兔子说。
"You keep saying things," said Billy Beaver."
“你总是说这说那的,”海狸比利说,
You keep saying things very soft and low.
“你不停地嘀嘀咕咕。
You said that the cart is hard tosit on.
你说车坐着很硬,
You said that the fox walks slowly.
狐狸车夫走得慢,
You said that you could not see what is in front of us.
看不到我们前面的风景。
And now you say that the road is bumpy.
现在又说路很颠簸。
Better get out, Rabbit. Better get out and walk."
兔子,你好滚下去,滚下去自己走。”
The tired old rabbit's ears went wiggle, wiggle.
这只疲惫的老兔子耳朵摆了摆。
He looked at Billy Beaver. Then he got out, but he did not say a word.
他看了看海狸比利,然后下了车,但是一句话也没说。