AIR MAIL
航空邮件
Gordon Hillman
作者:戈登•希尔曼
Every night when the clock strikes eight
每天晚上时钟敲过8点
And the stars are out and it’s very late,
满天星辰,天色已晚,
And the moon is dim in the western sky
西边的月亮模糊黯淡
I watch to see the mail go by.
我看着从此经过的邮航。
You can hear it whirring over the hill
太阳落山、风儿不声不响
When the sun has set and the wind is still,
你可以听到它飞过山岗,
And if you are looking straight overhead
如果你直接抬头看
You see its lights all green and red.
还可以看到它的红绿灯亮闪闪。
And its motor plays a little tune
马达把凯歌高唱
As a shadow swoops across the moon
一道暗影冲过月亮,
Just beneath the stars and across the sky,
就在星空下方
I watch the mail go roaring by.
轰隆隆飞过的就是邮航。