手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 小学英语 > 小学英语教材 > 英国原版语文课 > 英国原版语文第三册 > 正文

英国语文第三册(MP3+中英字幕) 第80期:孤儿的故事

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

LESSON 68 The Orphan Boy's Tale

第六十八课 孤儿的故事

Stay, lady! Stay, for mercy's sake,

留下吧,夫人!留下吧,看在我这么可怜的分上。
And hear a helpless orphan's tale;
听听一个无助孤儿的故事吧。
Ah! sure my looks must pity wake
啊!我的样子一定能引起怜悯吧
'Tis want that makes my cheek so pale.
因为食不果腹,所以我双颊苍白。
Yet I was once a mother's pride,
但我曾经也是妈妈的骄傲,
And my brave father's hope and joy;
爸爸的希望和幸福所在,
But in the Nile's proud fight he died,
可是,在尼罗河战役中,他牺牲了,
And I am now an orphan boy.
而我现在成了孤儿。
Poor foolish child! how pleased was I,
可怜的无知的孩子!我曾经多么高兴,
When news of Nelson's victory came,
当尼尔森的胜利传来的时候,
Along the crowded streets to fly,
街上人头涌动,
And see the lighted windows flame!
通亮的窗子明得耀眼!
To force me home my mother sought
而我妈妈则找我回家去

孤儿的故事

She could not bear to see my joy;

她忍受不了我的快乐;
For with my father's life 'twas bought,
因为这是用我爸爸的生命换来的,
And made me a poor orphan boy.
而我还成了孤儿。
The people's shouts were long and loud
人们的欢呼声长久而激昂
My mother, shuddering, closed her ears;
我妈妈则战粟着,捂上耳朵,
"Rejoice! rejoice!" still cried the crowd
“欢呼,欢呼!”人群依然喊叫着
My mother answered with her tears.
妈妈用泪水来应对这些声音。
"Oh, why do tears steal down your cheek,"
“哦,为什么泪水流下了双颊,”
Cried I, "while others shout for joy?"
我哭泣道,“而大家却在快乐地欢呼着?”
She kissed me, and, in accents weak,
她吻了我,然后,低低地,
She called me her poor orphan boy.
她把我叫作她可怜的孤儿。
"What is an orphan boy?" I said,
“什么是孤儿?”我说。
When suddenly she gasped for breath,
突然她深吸一口气,
And her eyes closed; I shrieked for aid,
闭上双眼;我尖叫着喊救命,
But, ah! her eyes were closed in death!
但是,啊,她双目紧闭地去了!
My hardships since I will not tell;
我之后的悲惨遭遇不想讲述了,
But now, no more a parent's joy,
但现在,不再有双亲的疼爱。
Ah, lady! I have learned too well
啊,夫人!我已经知道得太多
What 'tis to be an orphan boy!
究竟孤儿是什么滋味了!
Oh, were I by your bounty fed!
哦,我能不能到您的领地去填饱肚子?
Nay, gentle lady, do not chide;
不,善良的夫人,不要责备我,
Trust me, I mean to earn my bread,
相信我,我一定会用劳动来换取面包的,
The sailor's orphan boy has pride.
水手的遗孤有他的骄傲。
Lady, you weep: what is't you say?
夫人,您哭了:您说什么?
You'll give me clothing, food, employ?
您会给我穿的、吃的,还会给我工作?
Look down, dear parents! look and see
天上的双亲啊,你们看看吧,看看吧,
Your happy, happy orphan boy.
你们这高兴又幸福的孤儿。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
pride [praid]

想一想再看

n. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心
vt

 
helpless ['helplis]

想一想再看

adj. 无助的,无依靠的

 
rejoice [ri'dʒɔis]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 欢喜,高兴

联想记忆
sailor ['seilə]

想一想再看

n. 海员,水手,扁平的硬边草帽

 
mercy ['mə:si]

想一想再看

n. 怜悯,宽恕,仁慈,恩惠
adj.

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
flame [fleim]

想一想再看

n. 火焰,热情
v. 燃烧,面红,爆发

 
pity ['piti]

想一想再看

n. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜
v. 同情,怜悯

 
employ [im'plɔi]

想一想再看

雇用,使用

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。