Let me give you an example of how fast things are going. I love this example.
我给你们举个例子,证明现在一切都变化得很快。我很喜欢这个例子。
A few years ago, the Internet was flooded with copies of a graduation speech that Kurt Vonnegut had given at MIT.
几年前,互联网上到处流传着很多库尔特·冯内古特在麻省理工学院的毕业演讲的文字稿。
It spread across the country. It spread all over the Internet, all over the world.
这篇演讲稿传遍了全国,在互联网和全世界广为传播。
And it did that in just a few hours. That's how fast it was.
整个传播过程也就是几个小时的事情。就是这么快。
It was quoted everywhere. And I'd like to read some of it to you.
这篇演稿讲被广为引用。我想给你们念其中的几句。
I love it because it gives very simple advice, clear cut every day how to live your life advice.
我喜欢这篇演讲稿是因为它提了一些很简单的建议,很明确,告诉我们如何过好每一天。
He said, "Here's a few words for the graduating class: Wear sunscreen.
他说:“以下是我要对毕业生说的一些话:涂防晒霜。
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.
如果我只能给你们的未来提一个建议的话,就是防晒霜。
The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proven by scientists
科学家已经证实了防晒霜的长期功效。
Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering thoughts, I will dispense this advice now.
尽管我的其他建议不比我那不着边际的思考更有可靠的依据,但我现在就给你们提这个建议。
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind.
享受你们青春的能量和美丽。哦,算了。
You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded.
在青春的能量和美丽逝去之前,你们是不会懂的。
But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself
但是相信我,20年后,当你们回看自己的照片,
and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.
以一种你们现在无法理解的方式回忆,回想当年有很多可能性摆在你们面前,回想当年你们看上去有多棒。
You are not as fast as you imagined.
你们并没有你们想象中变化得那么快。
Sing! Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.
唱歌吧!要顾及他人的感受,但不要容忍那些不顾及你们感受的人。
Floss! Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults.
用牙线剔牙!记住别人对你们的赞美,忘记别人对你们的羞辱。
If you succeed in doing this, show me how.
如果你们能够做到,告诉我你们是怎么做的。
Stretch! Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.
舒展身体!多补钙。善待你们的膝盖。膝盖不好时你们会想念它们的。