When we imagine our older age,
每当想到我们变老的时候
a lot of us look at our parents.
我们大部分就会看向我们的父母
We know we've inherited their genes
我们遗传了他们的基因
and suspect that what's happening to them now
觉得他们现在所经历的
may well be what happens to us in the future.
或许我们将来也会经历
That's something we're likely to have mixed feelings about.
一想到那 我们的心情就格外复杂
Well, you can look at their mothers
看着他们的母亲
usually which gives you an idea of what's going to happen!
你常常就会想你以后也会和他们一样
But don't tell Claire that!
但别和克莱尔说这些
Nancy can see her younger self in her daughter, Claire.
南希可以从女儿克莱尔身上看到年轻时的自己
'I think she looks like me.
我觉得她长的像我
A lot of people say she looks exactly like I did.
很多人都说她长的很像我
I like it, I like it because I think,
我喜欢这样 因为我觉得
"Oh, well, I haven't wasted it, there it is."
哦 好吧 至少这样并不浪费
It's the gene, isn't it,
就是这基因 不是吗
the selfish gene, passing itself around.
那个自我的基因 代代相传
You want to be copied.
你想要被复制
You could waste your life ironing things...
你一辈子都会浪费在熨东西上
Because we inherit our parents' genes,
因为我们继承了父母的基因
we might also be vulnerable to some of the same illnesses.
所以我们也可能得同样的病