"Bella?" Carlisle called to me.
“贝拉?”卡莱尔向我喊道。
I tried to answer. "Mmmmm?"
我试图回答。“嗯?”
"Is the fire gone?"
“火焰消失了吗?”
"Yes," I sighed. "Thank you, Edward."
“是的。”我叹息着。“谢谢你,爱德华。”
"I love you," he answered.
“我爱你。”他答道。
"I know," I breathed, so tired.
“我知道。”我低声说着,感到那么的疲惫。
I heard my favorite sound in the world: Edward's quiet laugh, weak with relief.
我听到了在这世界上我最爱的声音:爱德华安静的笑声,他的声音因为宽慰而有些无力。
"Bella?" Carlisle asked again.
“贝拉?”卡莱尔又问道。
I frowned; I wanted to sleep. "What?"
我皱起了眉头。我只想睡觉。“什么?”
"Where is your mother?"
“你母亲在哪里?”
"In Florida," I sighed. "He tricked me, Edward. He watched our videos." The outrage in my voice was pitifully frail.
“在佛罗里达。”我叹了口气。“他骗了我,爱德华。他看了我们的录像。”我声音里的愤怒微弱得可悲。
But that reminded me.
但这提醒了我。
"Alice." I tried to open my eyes. "Alice, the video — he knew you, Alice, he knew where you came from." I meant to speak urgently, but my voice was feeble. "I smell gasoline," I added, surprised through the haze in my brain.
“爱丽丝。”我试图睁开眼睛。“爱丽丝,那段视频——他认识你,爱丽丝,他知道你从哪里来。”我刻意说得紧迫些,但我的声音太虚弱了。“我闻到了汽油的味道。”我补充道,惊讶穿透了我脑海里的薄雾。
"It's time to move her," Carlisle said.
“是时候挪动她了。”卡莱尔说道。
"No, I want to sleep," I complained.
“不,我只想睡觉。”我抱怨道。
"You can sleep, sweetheart, I'll carry you," Edward soothed me.
“你尽管睡,甜心,我会抱着你的。”爱德华安抚着我。
And I was in his arms, cradled against his chest — floating, all the pain gone.
然后,我落入了他的环抱,就好像躺在摇篮里一样,紧贴着他的胸膛——我在漂浮着,所有的疼痛都消失了。
"Sleep now, Bella" were the last words I heard.
“睡吧,贝拉。”这是我所听到的最后一句话。