38. That's Fashion
第38课 这才叫做时髦
Andy and Jess are at a fashion designer's party.
安迪和洁丝在一场时装设计师开的派对上。
A: My God, Jess. What's that on Betty's head?
我的天啊,洁丝,贝蒂头上那什么玩意儿啊?
J: Beats me. How weird! I think it's a new kind of hat.
问倒我了。真是很怪异!我想那是一种新款式的帽子吧。
A: Oh, really? If you ask me, it's more like a bird's nest. How stupid it looks!
哦,是吗?如果你问我的话,我倒觉得那比较像个鸟巢。那东西看起来好愚蠢喔!
J: you think so? Hey, wait a minute. You might be right. There's something moving in the nest... I mean, hat.
你真这么想吗?嘿,等一下。你可能说得对。那鸟巢里……我是指帽子里有东西在动。
A: Gee whiz! It's a bird.
哇!是一只鸟喔。
J: Holy cow! How does she keep it from flying away?
天啊!她是怎么不让那只鸟飞走的?
A: Don't you see! She's got it fastened to a gold chain around her neck.
你看不出来吗?她用一条绕在脖子上的金项链把它拴住。
J: If the bird were strong enough, it could fly her to the moon, so to speak.
如果那只鸟力气够大的话,它甚至可以带她飞到月球。
A: That would really be funny.
那一定很有趣。
J: Well, that's fashion!
呃,那就是时髦嘛!