手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之什么是爱:人类性进化的启示(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
It's time we moved beyond Mars and Venus,
男人来自火星,女人来自金星的时代已经过去
because the truth is that men are from Africa
现在所有人都知道真相,男人来自非洲
and women are from Africa.
女人也来自非洲
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Thank you. Thank you.
谢谢,谢谢
So a question.
问个问题
It's so perplexing, trying to use arguments about evolutionary history
要将进化历史方面的证据转化为现今人类行动的依据
to turn that into what we ought to do today.
这是一件非常令人费解的事情
Someone could give a talk and say,
有些人演讲可能会说
look at us, we've got these really sharp teeth
看我们,我们有这些尖利的牙齿
and muscles and a brain that's really good at throwing weapons,
还有肌肉和脑,非常擅于投掷武器
and if you look at lots of societies around the world,
因此你可以在世界上很多地方
you'll see very high rates of violence.
看到高暴力事件发生率
Nonviolence is a choice like vegetarianism,
非暴力就像素食主义,是一种选择
but it's not who you are.
但你不一定要像那样
How is that different from the talk you gave?
你的演讲同这有什么区别
Well first of all,
首先
the evidence for high levels of violence in prehistory is very debatable.
史前暴力水平有多高,在证据上还有争议
But that's just an example.
这只是一个例子
Certainly, you know, lots of people say to me,
显然,很多人都跟我说
just because we lived a certain way in the past
我们过去以某种方式生活
doesn't mean we should live that way now, and I agree with that.
并不意味着我们现在要以这种方式生活,我很赞同
Everyone has to respond to the modern world.
每个人都需要去适应现代世界
But the body does have its inherent evolved trajectories.
但人体有一些固有的进化轨迹
And so you could live on McDonald's and milkshakes,
你可以以麦当劳和奶昔为食
but your body will rebel against that. We have appetites.
但你的身体会反抗,我们有欲望
I think it was Schopenhauer who said, a person can do what they want
我记得叔本华曾说过,一个人可以做他想要做的
but not want what they want.
但不能意志他想要意志的
And so what I'm arguing against
因此,我要反驳的是
is the shame that's associated with desires.
同欲望相关的一些羞耻感
It's the idea that if you love your husband or wife
例如,虽然你爱你的丈夫或是妻子
but you still are attracted to other people, there's something wrong with you,
但你还被其他人所吸引,你会觉得自己犯了错
there's something wrong with your marriage, something wrong with your partner.
会觉得婚姻出了问题,会觉得配偶出了问题
I think a lot of families are fractured by unrealistic expectations
我认为很多家庭都受到了这种非现实预期的困扰
that are based upon this false vision of human sexuality.
而这种预期是对于人类性的错误观念
That's what I'm trying to get at.
这就是我要讲的观点
Thank you. Communicated powerfully. Thanks a lot.
谢谢你,很有力的论点,非常感谢
Thank you, Chris.
也谢谢你,克里斯
重点单词   查看全部解释    
debatable [di'beitəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 有疑问的,有争议的,成问题的

 
evolutionary [.i:və'lu:ʃnəri]

想一想再看

adj. 进化的,发展的,演变的

 
respond [ris'pɔnd]

想一想再看

v. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应
n.

联想记忆
unrealistic [.ʌnriə'listik]

想一想再看

adj. 不切实际的,不实在的

 
perplexing [pə'pleksiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 使人困惑的,麻烦复杂的 perplex的现在分

 
violence ['vaiələns]

想一想再看

n. 暴力,猛烈,强暴,暴行

 
inherent [in'hiərənt]

想一想再看

adj. 内在的,固有的

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
disadvantage [.disəd'væntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 不利,不利条件,损害,损失

 
rebel ['rebəl]

想一想再看

n. 叛徒,起义者,反叛者
adj. 造反的,

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。