Robert had shame enough to blush. It was not the same, he complained. Ser Barristan was a knight of the Kingsguard.
劳勃还知道红脸。那不一样,他抱怨,巴利斯坦爵士是御林铁卫的骑士。
Whereas Daenerys is a fourteen-year-old girl. Ned knew he was pushing this well past the point of wisdom, yet he could not keep silent.
而丹妮莉丝只是个十四岁的小女孩。奈德知道这样步步进逼很不理智,然而他无法保持缄默。
Robert, I ask you, what did we rise against Aerys Targaryen for, if not to put an end to the murder of children?
劳勃,我问你,当初我们兴兵对抗伊里斯·坦格利安,不就是为了要阻止他继续谋害孩童吗?
To put an end to Targaryens! the king growled.
我们是要杀光坦格利安家的人!国王咆哮。
Your Grace, I never knew you to fear Rhaegar. Ned fought to keep the scorn out of his voice, and failed.
陛下,记得从前连雷加也吓不倒你,奈德努力克制口气中的轻蔑,却失败了。
Have the years so unmanned you that you tremble at the shadow of an unborn child?
难道经过这么些年,您的胆子却变得如此之小,连个还未出生的孩子的阴影都能让您颤抖了么?
Robert purpled. No more, Ned, he warned, pointing. Not another word. Have you forgotten who is king here?
劳勃脸色发紫。奈德,不要再说了。他指着他发出警告,一个字都不许再说。莫非你忘了谁才是国王?
No, Your Grace, Ned replied. Have you?
启禀陛下,我没忘。奈德回答,敢情您也没忘吧?
Enough! the king bellowed. I am sick of talk. I'll be done with this, or be damned. What say you all?
够了!国王大吼,我懒得再费口舌。我要是不杀她,必遭天谴。你们意见如何?
She must be killed, Lord Renly declared.
该杀。蓝礼公爵表示。
We have no choice, murmured Varys. Sadly, sadly.
我们别无选择,瓦里斯喃喃道,可惜啊,可惜…
Ser Barristan Selmy raised his pale blue eyes from the table and said,
巴利斯坦·赛尔弥爵士从桌上扬起那双淡蓝色的眼睛,
Your Grace, there is honor in facing an enemy on the battlefield, but none in killing him in his mother's womb.
陛下,在战场上与敌人交锋是件光荣的事,但人还没出生就动手却不光彩。
Forgive me, but I must stand with Lord Eddard.
请您原谅,我必须站在艾德大人这边。
背景介绍:
《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。