As soon as we return,
我们一回来
Jenny's aunt gets straight to work on the lunch.
Jenny的姑姑就立马动手做午饭
I'm making a simple rabbit stir fry,
我在制作一个简单的爆炒兔肉
but you could use chicken for this dish.
但是你也可以使用鸡肉来做这道菜
I'm using a marinade of soy sauce,
我要用酱油和香油来腌制
sesame oil, with a coating of cornflour.
并裹上一层玉米面
It's usually best left for a couple of hours to take effect.
腌上数小时即可
I'm cooking the rabbit with garlic
这道菜 我打算用大蒜和
and the less spicy green chillies,
不是那么辣的青椒来烹饪
as the flesh has a delicate flavour.
这样就不会掩盖兔肉原有的香味
What people outside of China don't know
没有在中国待过的人不明白
is that even home cooks
即使在家里炒菜
will heat the wok up until it's very, very hot
也要在锅被烧得很热之后
before they add the oil.
才能往锅里加油
So I've heated it up for a few minutes now.
我已经加热了有些时候了
This is good firepower.
这个温度就可以了
As you can see, it's smoking like this. Don't worry.
你能看到油面上有烟冒出来 别怕
You want this to be very hot.
我们要的就是这个温度
You obviously have to be careful doing this at home,
在家这样做的时候尤其要小心
but if you pull the wok away from the heat,
但只要锅一远离火源
the flames would die down quickly.
火焰很快就会下去
This is the way, actually, you should be cooking it.
这才是烹饪的正确方法
This is what gives Chinese food
这样做出来的中国菜
its very, very special flavour.
风味会十分独特
It seals in the juices.
香味都被锁在了汁里
Now, it's very important to take all this now and drain it.
现在是很重要的一步 将兔肉全部倒出并将汁滤干
We add the garlic and the chillies and,
我们往锅中加入切好的蒜和辣椒
instead of adding more oil,
很多不熟悉中国菜的厨师
which is a mistake a lot of cooks make
都很容易犯一个错误
when they're not familiar with Chinese food,
就是此时往锅里加油
we just add a little bit
其实我们只要加少许
of the broth I made from the rabbit bones,
兔骨熬成的高汤即可
and at the very end, I return the rabbit.
最后 把兔肉倒回锅中
I'm only braising the rabbit meat for a couple of minutes.
只要用小火再烧上几分钟即可
In the West, we usually aim for tenderness,
西方人认为肉以柔嫩为佳
but here, people love chewy textures
而这里的人们更爱有嚼劲的食物
and really appreciate the feel of food in the mouth.
而且非常看重食物的口感
Very Sichuanized.
很有四川风味