第二章
He's Just Not That Into You If He's Not Calling You
如果他不给你打电话,那他就是并没有那么喜欢你
Men Know How to Use the Phone
男人知道怎么使用电话
Oh sure, they say they're busy.
当然啦,他会说他们忙。
They say that they didn't have even a moment in their insanely busy day to pick up the phone.
他们说在疯狂忙碌的日子里连拿起电话的时间都没有。
It was just that crazy. Bullshit.
就是这么疯狂。胡说八道。
With the advent of cell phones and speed dialing it is almost impossible not to call you.
随着手机和快速键的出现,他们不可能不打给你。
Sometimes I call people from my pants pocket when I don't even mean to.
有时我甚至会不小心拨到裤子口袋里的电话。
We may try to make you think differently, but we men are just like you.
我们也许想让你的想法不同,但其实我们男人和你们都一样。
We like taking a break from our generally mundane day to talk to someone we like.
在日常生活中,我们喜欢和中意的人聊聊天放松一下。
It makes us happy. And we like to be happy. Just like you.
它会使我们快乐。我们喜欢快乐。就像你一样。
If I were into you, you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day.
如果我喜欢你的话,你就是我忙碌一天的亮点。
Which would be a day that I would never be too busy to call you.
我绝不会因为整日太忙而不给你打电话。
The “But He's Been Traveling a Lot” Excuse
“但他一直在旅行”的借口
Dear Greg,
亲爱的格雷格,
I recently started dating a very nice man. He's gentle, he's affectionate, he's attentive.
我最近在和一个非常不错的男人约会。他温柔、深情,而且体贴。
It recently became a long-distance thing because of his work.
由于他工作的原因把我俩变成了异地恋。
The first problem is, he really doesn't call me when he says he's going to.
第一个问题是,他说他会给我打电话但事实上从不打。
Actually, he really doesn't call me that much at all.
其实,他极少给我打电话。
A week will go by, and then I'll call him, and then he'll call me back four or five days later.
一周过后我打电话给他,然后他会在四五天之后回我电话。
But then when he does get me on the phone, it's all “honey” and “baby” and “I miss you so much” and “when do I get to see you again?”
但当他在电话里给我打电话时,只会宝贝来宝贝去的,还有“我很想念你”,“什么时候我能再见到你?”
Is he just not that into me, or can I just chalk it up to the crazy-long- distance thing?
是他只是没那么喜欢我,还是可以把它归咎于异地恋呢?
Sighed Gina
吉娜
Hey, Crazy Long Distance!
嘿,疯狂的异地恋!
The only distance that's bothering me is the very long distance between you and reality. (Okay, that was a little bit mean. )
唯一困扰我的距离是你和现实之间的距离。(好吧,这是有点儿刻薄了。)
Example? In your second sentence you said, "He's gentle, he's affectionate, he's attentive."
例如?在你的第二句话里,你说:“ 他温柔、深情,而且体贴。”
But a few sentences later you say, "He really doesn't call me when he says he's going to. Actually, he really doesn't call me that much at all."
但几句话之后你说,“他说他会给我打电话但事实上从不打。其实,他极少给我打电话。”
That is neither affectionate nor attentive.
那既不深情也不体贴。
And it's not gentle—it's a harsh clanging bell that rings, "I'm just not that into you."
这不是温柔,这是一个严酷的铃声在响,“我只是不那么喜欢你。”
Why, then, is he nice when he calls, you ask? Because men are cowards and they would rather wait until the end of time than give you bad news.
你问为什么他在打电话时还很好?因为男人是懦夫,他们宁愿等到时间的尽头,也不愿给你一个坏消息。
For the record, a man who likes you wants to spend time with you.
在此郑重申明,如果男人喜欢你的话,他会想跟你呆一块儿。
And he'll only settle for talking to you on the phone five times a day when he physically can't get on a plane to come see you.
如果他不能乘飞机来见你,他会一天给你打五次电话。
With love, Greg
爱你的,格雷格