手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I was asked last year to give a speech

去年我曾被邀请在
at the Oslo Freedom Forum.
奥斯陆自由论坛上做演讲
I was surrounded by this love
我觉得我周围
and the support of people around me,
都是来自人们的爱与支持
and they looked at me as an inspiration.
他们觉得我可以激励他们
At the same time, I flew back to my home country,
不久,我飞回祖国
they hated that speech so much.
发现他们痛恨那次演讲
The way they called it: a betrayal to the Saudi country
他们称之为,对沙特国家
and the Saudi people,
及人民的背叛
and they even started a hashtag called OsloTraitor on Twitter.
甚至有人在推特上建了个“审判奥斯陆演讲”的话题
Some 10,000 tweets were written in that hashtag,
在那个话题下有约一万条消息
while the opposite hashtag, OsloHero,
反观“奥斯陆英雄”这个话题
there was like a handful of tweets written.
也有约120条消息
They even started a poll.
人们甚至开始投票表决
More than 13,000 voters answered this poll:
有约1万3千人参加了投票
whether they considered me a traitor or not after that speech.
选我是个罪犯,还是个英雄
Ninety percent said yes, she's a traitor.
百分之九十的人表示,她是个罪犯
So it's these two totally different perceptions
这对我来说是两种
of my personality.
完全不同的观点
For me, I'm a proud Saudi woman,
我身为沙特女性而骄傲
and I do love my country,
我也热爱我的国家
and because I love my country, I'm doing this.
正因为我热爱我的国家,我从事这些
Because I believe a society will not be free
因为我觉得如果这个社会中的女性不自由
if the women of that society are not free.
这个社会也不会自由
Thank you.
谢谢

重点单词   查看全部解释    
poll [pəul]

想一想再看

n. 投票,民意测验,民意,票数
v. 做民意

 
traitor ['treitə]

想一想再看

n. 叛徒,卖国贼,出卖朋友者

联想记忆
betrayal [bi'treiəl]

想一想再看

n. 背叛,暴露

 
inspiration [.inspə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 灵感,吸入,鼓舞人心(的东西)

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。