Nowhere is this more evident than in the local market.
这个本地市场就是最明显的体现
This is exciting! It's things I've never seen before!
令人兴奋,这东西我以前从没见过
These local ladies are so elegant with their gloves
当地女士们戴上手套真优雅
This excites me. Wow, this is beautiful.
这让我兴奋不已,太漂亮了
It's our final night in Yunnan.
这是我们在云南的最后一个晚上
Ching is about to join me in Jinghong
瀞亿将和我在景洪会合
so I'm picking up some local ingredients for dinner.
所以我将用一些当地的食材烹饪晚餐
Now, this is something I really wanted to try here,
现在在这里我真的很想尝试一些东西
especially in Yunnan because Yunnan is famous for bamboo.
特别是在云南,因为以竹子而闻名
So several bamboo shoots would be nice.
所以挑一些竹笋是个不错的主意
We have tried these noodles before,
我们之前已经尝试过了这种面条
and I want to try one of my favourites,
我想试试我的最爱之一
these are rice-noodles as well,
这些都是米粉
and they've actually been partially cooked by steaming,
实际上它们已经被蒸得半熟
and it's again made with rice-flour and water.
再次由大米粉末以及清水制成
Oh, God, that does look like... Looks like Las Vegas!
哦,上帝,那看起来的确像拉斯维加斯
All these bright lights, and look, we've got Thailand over there.
所有这些明亮的灯光,你看,我们看到了泰国
Since rice-noodles are a specialty of Yunnan,
由于米粉是云南的特产
I'm using them to make one of my favourite dishes,
我会用它们来做我最喜欢的菜肴之一
stir fried rice-noodles with broad beans and bamboo shoots.
蚕豆竹笋炒米粉
It's really important when you cook rice-noodles
当你做米粉时,把炒锅的味道搞对
to get the flavour of the wok right.
是非常重要的
I love that smoky gou wei, it's so great.
我喜欢冒烟的锅味,非常棒
I'm going to add a tiny bit of this lovely chilli oil, the garlic...
我将加一点辣椒,大蒜
Wow, that is fantastic.
哇,太棒了
But what I'm going to do, I'm just going to take it out for a second,
现在要做的就是拿出来一会儿
and I'm going to stir-fry the rest of the vegetables.
煸炒剩余的蔬菜
I love it, you're a perfectionist cook like my grandmother,
我喜欢,你是一个完美主义者,像我的祖母一样烹饪
she'd always cook each ingredient perfectly
她总是把每种成分都烹饪完美
and them bring them back into the wok to warm through,
然后把它们倒在锅里回温
and then add the seasoning, like you know, the soy sauce, the vinegar...
然后加调味料,比如酱油,醋…
Well, good Chinese cooking is in steps,
一道美味的中国菜必须得循序渐进一步步来
what I mean by that is you cook one thing
我的意思是当你烹煮一种东西后
and then you take it out.
就要把它取出
I'm putting in the bamboo shoots and the broad beans,
我要放进竹笋和蚕豆
adding a little bit of rice wine to that.
加入少许米酒
Lovely soy sauce!
可爱的酱油
There, we just let that cook on quite a high temperature
我们就是在相当高的温度下烹饪
until it's sort of cooked and wilted. It looks good.
直到它有些熟了蔫了,看起来不错
Oyster sauce.
蚝油
Yum! I love oyster sauce! Am I allowed to try some?
味道好极了,我爱蚝油,我可以尝一下吗
Mmmm! Oh, that's so good!
恩,太好了
That is delicious!
美味至极
This dish is really Yunnan for me, especially with this rice-noodle,
对我来说这菜真的很“云南” 特别是加了米粉
which is very unusual, soft, and...
变得非同寻常,柔软,并且…
Mmmm. It's really delicious.
恩,真是美味
Ching, I don't know about you, but even with all this incredible change
瀞亿,我不知道你怎么样,但即使这些难以置信的变化
in this place, I don't think the food will change!
在这个地方,我认为食物也不会改变
Simply because of its long tradition.
很简单,因为这里悠久的传统
They're so proud of their produce, and for me,
他们以自己劳动所得为傲,对我来说
the way when I saw the tea farmers farm their farm, and you know,
当我看到茶农耕种自己的茶园,你知道
if that tradition has been going for thousands of years, I know for sure,
如果这种传统已经持续了几千年,那么我敢肯定
tea and food go hand in hand, their food will absolutely be preserved.
因为茶叶和食物是相辅相成的,他们的食物绝对会得以保存
It's so good. Cheers, Ken!
这很好,干杯,老谭
To Yunnan, and its food, and its people.
为了云南,她的食物以及她的人民
And to pu-erh tea, and the beer. Yes! Absolutely.
也为了普洱茶和啤酒。是的,绝对是
And Disneyland. Disneyland!
还有迪士尼乐园。迪士尼乐园