Our time in Guangdong Province has come to an end.
我们在广东的旅程已近尾声
Whilst Ken stays on to visit his relatives,
当老谭留下拜访亲戚时
I'm going home to see my family in Taiwan
我则动身前往台湾探亲
I miss my family and I really...I'm looking forward to seeing them
我想念我的家人,我真的…我期待着见到他们
but I feel like it's going to be quite emotional,
但是我有些感慨
because I haven't seen them in a long time.
因为我已经很长时间没见到他们了
This whole journey is about discovery and learning,
整个旅程我们探索着,学习着
and it's just the last leg of the journey now,
现在是这趟旅程的最后一段了
so it's all culminating in this sort of homecoming.
所以最终我以这种方式归家
I feel I'm proud to be Chinese, and I wasn't always proud to be Chinese.
我为身为中国人感到自豪,我以前并不为身为中国人而自豪
When I was growing up in the UK, all I wanted was to be English.
当我在英国长大的时候,我一直想的就是成为英国人
Now, you know, through cooking,
现在,你知道,通过烹饪
I've found my Chinese part of myself,
我发现了我身上属于中国的那部分
and the more I've learned, the more I've discovered,
我了解的越多,我发现的越多
and the more I've eaten my way around China, the more that I'm in love with it.
在我周游中国的路上吃的越多,我就越爱它
And so I feel like I'm kind of coming full circle.
所以我有种重归故里回到原点的感觉
But the circle's not quite complete yet.
但如今还未到终点
Taiwan is an island 112 miles off the south-east coast of China
台湾是距离中国东南海岸112英里的一个岛屿
which separated from Chinese rule 100 years ago.
它在100年前脱离中国的统治
Although I was born in Taiwan,
我虽然出生在台湾
I left with my parents when I was five and eventually settled in London.
我五岁时就随着我的父母离开了最后定居在伦敦
Sometimes I feel a bit anxious when I come back to Taiwan
每次我回台湾都会感到有点不安
because I don't feel 100% Taiwanese,
因为我感觉自己不是100%的台湾人
so over the years, when I have visited,
所以经过了这么多年,当我来的时候
there's a sense of, oh, you know my Taiwanese, my language,
有一种感觉,你知道,我的台语,我的语言
you know, my vocabulary, my etiquette, my manners...
我的词汇,我的礼节,我的待人接物的方式…
all of it is not quite, you know, up to scratch.
所有这些都并不那么,你知道,标准
My parents moved back to Taiwan in 2009.
我的父母2009年回到了台湾
I haven't seen you in a long time! I miss you a lot!
我好久没见到你了!我真想你!
We're travelling today to the farming area of Bai He village
我们今天去白河村的农业区旅行
where my food journey began as a little girl in my grandmother's kitchen.
在那里,小小的我从祖母厨房里开始了美食之旅
So we're going to see my grandfather to see where my mum and all her family grew up.
我们马上就要见到我的祖父了,去看看我的妈妈和她的家人长大的地方
And where I grew up from when I was two to five years old.
也是我从两岁成长到五岁的地方
We're going to go and burn some incense for my grandmother,
我们还将去祭拜我的祖母
and then I'm going to cook for the whole family.
然后我为全家做饭
This will be the first time I've seen my grandfather
这是我自祖母两年前去世后
since my grandmother passed away two years ago.
第一次见到我的祖父
Here we are!
我们到了!