Robert reached for the flagon and refilled his cup.
劳勃又拿起酒瓶,为自己斟满。
You see what she does to me, Ned.
奈德,你也看到她是如何待我的了。
The king seated himself, cradling his wine cup.
国王坐下来,抚着酒杯。
My loving wife. The mother of my children.
这就是我亲爱的妻子,我孩子的母亲。
The rage was gone from him now; in his eyes Ned saw something sad and scared.
他怒气已消,此刻奈德在他眼里所见只有哀伤和恐惧。
I should not have hit her. That was not...that was not kingly.
我不该打她的。这实在不是…实在不是国王该有的举动。
He stared down at his hands, as if he did not quite know what they were.
他低头盯着自己的手,仿佛不太明白那是什么东西。
I was always strong...no one could stand before me, no one.
我的力气向来很大…没人能打赢我,没有人。
How do you fight someone if you can't hit them? Confused, the king shook his head. Rhaegar...Rhaegar won, damn him.
可万一你碰不到他,这场架又该怎么打?国王困惑地摇摇头。雷加…雷加他赢了,挨千刀的。
I killed him, Ned, I drove the spike right through that black armor into his black heart, and he died at my feet.
奈德,我杀了他,我的战锤狠狠凿穿他那件黑铠甲,刺进他那颗黑心,教他当场死在我脚下。
They made up songs about it. Yet somehow he still won. He has Lyanna now, and I have her. The king drained his cup.
后人为这件事称颂不已。可他还是赢了。如今他拥有莱安娜,而我得到的却是她。国王一饮而尽。
Your Grace, Ned Stark said, we must talk...
陛下,奈德·史塔克道,我有事要跟您谈…
Robert pressed his fingertips against his temples.
劳勃伸出手指按住太阳穴。
I am sick unto death of talk. On the morrow I'm going to the kingswood to hunt.
我已经谈到反胃了。明天我要去御林打猎,
Whatever you have to say can wait until I return.
你等我回来再说罢。
If the gods are good, I shall not be here on your return.
若是诸神眷顾,等您回来我就不在了。
You commanded me to return to Winterfell, remember?
您命令我返回临冬城,记得吗?
Robert stood up, grasping one of the bedposts to steady himself.
劳勃站起来,握着床柱稳住身子。
The gods are seldom good, Ned. Here, this is yours.
奈德,诸神很少眷顾世人的。拿去罢,这是你的东西。
He pulled the heavy silver hand clasp from a pocket in the lining of his cloak and tossed it on the bed.
他从斗篷内袋里拿出沉重的手形银徽章,丢在床上。
Like it or not, you are my Hand, damn you. I forbid you to leave.
管你喜不喜欢,总之你他妈是我的首相。我不准你走。
背景介绍:
《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。