So some some companies like to tell the story about you can have your cake and eat it too,
在一些公司员工可以带蛋糕吃
you can have, like, four day week, work weeks maybe if you're, if you're,
一周可以工作四天
Tim Ferris maybe you can have a 12-hour work week.
蒂姆·菲利斯可能一周只工作12小时
It's a really attractive idea and it does work in a particular instance.
听起来很诱人,这只适用于你的公司特别小
Which is if you wanna like actually have a small business or go after a niche market.
或者你在瞄准小众市场,这些特殊情况适用
Then you're a small business entrepreneur.
那样,你就是小本生意企业家了
That makes total sense.
这样就讲得通了
But as soon as you get past like two or three people uh,
但经过只有两三个员工的过程之后
you really need to step it up and, and be full time committed. Cool.
如果你想要扩大规模,就要全身心投入工作。好的
So, this is the big one this is the, the one I hear the most especially like candidates applying to a Asana they tell me,
赚得多,权力大,这个理由我经常听到,尤其是在面试Asana新员工的时候
you know, I, I'd really like to work for, for a much smaller company, or start my own because.
他们会跟我讲,我个人非常想换到一个小公司工作或者自己开一家公司
Then I have a much bigger slice of the pie,
这样自己的收益多一点
I'll have much more impact on how that company does
自己能够左右公司的发展
and I'll have more equity so I'll make more money as well.
股权多了,也能挣更多钱
So let's examine when this might be true.
我们看一下什么情况下,这种美梦才成真
So I'll explain these tables they're a little complex but
我来解释一下这些表格,它们不太好理解
let's focus on the left first so these is, this is just explaining Dropbox and Facebook.
来看左边第一个这说的就是Dropbox和Facebook现在的情况
These are their current valuations.
这是它们的现估价
And this is how much money you might make as employee number 100 coming into these companies.
这个数值是第一百位加入公司的员工现在会赚到的钱
Especially if you're like, an experience, a relatively experienced engineer, like,
尤其是对于专业经验丰富的员工,比方说高级工程师
you have five years of, of industry experience.
拥有超过五年的从业经验的话
You're pretty likely to have an offer that's around 10 basis points.
很可能你就会收到10个基点的期权
So if you joined DropBox a couple years ago, the upside you'd have already locked in.
因此如果你几年前加入了DropBox,大家看
As about ten million, there's plenty more growth from there.
你已经挣了1千万美金,之后还会继续增长
If you leave the company if you joined Facebook a couple years into its existence you made $200 million.
而如果你加入的是Facebook,你就已经挣了2亿美金
This is a huge number.
这个金额还是很庞大的
And if you, even if you joined Facebook as employee number 1,000.
而如果,即使你是加入Facebook的第一千位员工
So you joined it in like 2009 you still made $20 million.
比方说,在2009年加入,也已经挣了2千万美金了
That's a giant number.
这个金额,是非常庞大的
And that's how you should be benchmarking when you're thinking about what might I make as an entrepreneur.
当大家思考作为企业家的收入时,这些可以作为参考
So moving over to the table on the right uh, these are two theoretical companies you might start.
我们来看右边,假设这是大家的两个创业方案
So Uber for Pet Sitting, pretty good idea.
一个是做宠物服务,这个想法不错
If you're, if you're really well suited to this,
如果大家发展顺利
you might have, uh, a really good shot at building a $100 million company.
这家公司的价值很可能达到1亿美金
And then your share of that company is pretty likely to be about 10%.
作为创始人,你的股权可能有10%
That certainly fluctuates.
当然,这个数值会有所差异
Some founders have a lot more than this, some have a lot less.
有的创始人多一点,有的少一点
But after multiple rounds of dilution multiple rounds of option table, option pool creation,
经过几轮股权稀释或者增发股票之后
you're pretty likely to end up about here.
大家手里的股份可能就剩这么多了
If you have more than this,
如果你手里的股权比这多
I recommend Sam's post on like the equity split between founders and employees.
大家可以去读一下Sam关于创办人和员工之间股权分割的文章
You probably should be giving out more.
可能大家是需要交出一部分股权的
And then but so basically, if you're extremely confident about building this $100 million business,
但是总的说来,如果你对运营1亿美元的公司非常有信心
which is a big ask it should go without saying that
相比于2009年的Facebook和2014年的Dropbox
you should have a lot more confidence than Facebook in 2009 or Dropbox in 2014 and you might,
你要比他们还有信心
for a start up that doesn't even exist yet.
虽然这还只是一个方案