There's nothing worse than having no answer, in business, friendships, and especially romantic relationships.
没有什么比不回复更糟糕的了,在商业中、友情里,尤其是恋情中更甚。
But the bad news is, no answer is your answer.
但是坏消息是,没回复就是你的回复。
He may not have written you a good-bye note, but his silence is a deafening "see you later."
他也许没给你留一张再见便签,但是他的沉默就是一句震耳欲聋的“再见”。
The only reason to ever write him again is to give him the chance to say it louder, with words.
再给他写邮件的唯一原因就是给他一个机会说的更大声,用话语描述。
And don't you remember? You're far too busy and popular for that.
你不记得了么?你太忙、太受欢迎了。
The "But Can't I at Least Yell at Him" Excuse?
“但是至少我可以吼他”的借口
Dear Greg,
亲爱的格雷格,
I was dating a guy seriously for three months when he suddenly disappeared.
我和一个男人认真交往3个月后,他突然失踪了。
I didn't hear from him for days.
我很多天没听到他的消息。
I was worried, so I called his best friend and he told me that my boyfriend got back together with his old girlfriend and moved in with her.
我很担心,所以我打电话给他最好的朋友,他告诉我说我男友和他的前任复合了并且住到了一起。
I get that he's just not that into me, but don't I have the right to find out how he could do that to me?
我知道他没那么喜欢我,但是难道我没有权利去问清楚为什么他要这么对我吗?
Don't I have the right to not let him get away with it?
难道我没有权利阻止他逃脱逍遥吗?
Signed Renee
蕾妮
Dear Just Walk Away Renee,
亲爱的蕾妮一走了之,
Sure. But guess what. He knows you're going to be pissed. He's a colossal asshole, not an idiot.
当然了。但是猜猜怎样。他知道你会生气。他是个大混蛋,不是傻子。
He played the whole thing out in his head. That's why he just disappeared.
他在脑子里早就计划好了整件事情。所以他消失了。
What he doesn't know is how quickly you can get over him and his bad behavior.
他不知道的是你要多久才能忘记他和他的恶劣行径。
You'll show him that by never talking to him, or his friends, ever again.
你应该用你的行为告诉他,再也不要跟他以及他的朋友讲话,永远不要。
P.S. : And he's not getting away with anything. Everywhere he goes, he's still an asshole.
附注:他别想逃之夭夭。不管他去哪里,他依旧是个混蛋。
Greg
格雷格
In the short term it might feel good to call someone and yell at him.
就目前而言,打电话吼他感觉很好。
But in the long run, you will have wished that you had not given him that much credit for ruining your life. Or even your day.
但是长远来说,你会希望自己没有给他毁了你的生活或者日子以太多的肯定。
Let someone else expend that kind of energy on him.
让其他人在他身上花费精力吧。
It may feel like you're letting him "get away with something."
这会让你感觉放他侥幸得逞。
But trust me, nothing you say is going to be news to him.
但是相信我,你说的任何话对他而言都不是什么新闻。
And you've got much better things to do with your time.
你自己还有很多更好的事情需要料理。