This is What It Should Look Like, by Greg
这才是它应有的样子-格雷格
I regretfully admit to having "disappeared" on a woman in my previous life as a single guy.
我惭愧地承认,在我从前还是单身的时候,曾让一个女人失望了。
A year later I saw this woman on the street, standing in front of a cafe.
一年后我在街上见到她,站在一家咖啡厅前面。
She looked stunning and was holding hands with a very handsome dude.
她看起来棒极了,旁边还牵着一个非常帅气的男士。
I realized that I was of course ten million miles out of her head, and probably had been two minutes after I stopped calling her.
我意识到自己百分之百已被她抛诸脑后了,而且这很可能就在我停止打电话给她后的两分钟里。
Her life looked way more dignified than my behavior.
她的生活看起来比我的行为要体面得多。
Greg, I Get It! by Liz, Age 41
格雷格,我知道了!-莉兹,41岁。
Okay, Greg, I won't e-mail the French guy, I promise.
好吧,格雷格,我不会给那个法国佬发邮件的,我发誓。
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE GREG
若你不相信格雷格
100% of men polled who had "disappeared" on a woman said that at the time they were completely aware of what a horrible thing they were doing, and no woman calling them up and talking to them would have changed that.
在接受调查且曾对女人“玩失踪”的男人中,百分之百的人都很清楚自己当时的行为有多么恶劣,也知道没有打电话或找他们聊聊的女人能改变这一点。
What You Should Have Learned in This Chapter
你应从本章学到什么
He might be lying in the hospital with amnesia, but more likely he's just not that into you.
也许他正躺在医院还患上了失忆症,但更有可能的是,他其实并没有那么喜欢你。
No answer is your answer.
毫无音讯就是你的答案。
Don't give him the chance to reject you again.
别再给他拒绝你的机会。
Let his mother yell at him. You're too busy.
就让他的老妈吼他好了。你才没那么闲呢。
There's no mystery—he's gone and he wasn't good enough for you.
没什么神秘可言——他走了,而且他也配不上你。
Our Super-Good Really Helpful Exercise
我们超赞的实用练习
We'd have an exercise if we really thought this guy was worth the time, but he's not.
如果我们真的认为这个家伙值得我们花时间,我们就做一次练习,但他并非如此。
So take the afternoon off and go out and have a good time.
所以,给自己放一个下午的假吧,出门走走,享受生活。
Love, your friends at He's Just Not That Into You, Greg and Liz
爱你们。《他其实没那么喜欢你》,你们的朋友格雷格和莉兹
Okay, if that's not good enough...
好吧,如果你觉得那不够好……
It's the oldest trick in the book, but it's the only thing we're willing to grant you.
这是最老套的把戏了,但也是我们唯一真心同意你去做的事。
Write the guy a really, really long letter, asking him every question you need to.
给他写封超级超级长的信,问清楚所有你要问的。
Say everything you want to say. Call him all the names you feel like.
说你所有想说的话。怎么称呼他都可以。
Say something mean about his mother. And then—you guessed it—just rip it up.
说些关于他老妈的难听的话。接着——你猜到了——把它撕碎。
That's the most time we'll let you spend on this loser.
这就是我们允许你在这人渣身上花费的最多时间。