Energy permeates the Universe...
能量充斥在宇宙中
driving the processes that keep it a dynamic,endlessly changing place.
驱使着使宇宙 不断变动的过程
So,we have matter, and we have energy.
现在我们有了物质和能量
The third thing we need to build a Universe is space...
打造宇宙需要的第3样东西 空间
Lots of space.You can call the Universe many things
很大的空间 你可用很多方式形容宇宙
Awesome...Beautiful...Violent.
壮观 美丽 狂暴
But one thing you can't call it is cramped.
但你绝对不能说它拥挤
Wherever we look, we see space...
不管我们往哪里看 我们都看到空间
And more space and even more space,
更多的空间外 还是更多的空间
stretching in all directions.
往四面八方不断延伸
It's enough to make your head spin.
足以令你头晕目眩
So,where could all this matter, energy,and space come from?
这些物质 能量和空间从何而来呢?
We had no idea until well into the 20th century.
直到20世纪 我们才开始有概念
The answer came from the insights of one man...
答案来自一个人的洞见
Probably the most remarkable scientist who has ever lived.
可能是有史以来最伟大的科学家 已永远不在世上了
His name was Albert Einstein.
他就是阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦
Sadly,I never got to meet him,
可惜我无缘得识
since I was only 13 when he died.
因为他过世时 我才13岁