Out here, you need at least a gallon of water a day to stave off dehydration.
在这里 你每天至少需要一加仑的水 以避免脱水
Without it, you begin to feel disorientated,suffering headaches and nausea.
没有水 你会开始感觉迷失方向 感到头疼恶心
Straight towards us--vultures. Pick them out?
朝我们飞过来的 是秃鹰 认出来了吗
These birds are nature's true opportunists,and they could be a real help to the survivor.
这种鸟是自然界中的投机分子 它们对求生者很有帮助
They can lead you to a fresh kill,and so often, the most efficient way of surviving is just to become a scavenger yourself.
它们可以将你引到刚死的生物那里 通常最有效的求生法则就是 将自己变成食腐动物
Let's get down there.And look at them all circling above.And this is what they're after--this stinking, rotten deer carcass.
我们到下面去 你看它们一直在上空盘旋 而这就是它们要找的东西 一只腐烂恶臭的死鹿
Man, that honks.But look. this is just way gone.
臭的我都要吐了 这只鹿估计已经死了很久了
And really, you know, there's nothing on this for me to eat.
而且 说真的 这上面也没什么东西我能吃
Vultures have a higher stomach-acid content than humans and can tolerate far more bacteria,
秃鹰的胃酸含量比人类高得多 所以就算有再多细菌它们也不怕
so what's good for them is definitely not good for me.
所以它们口中的美食 绝对不是我能吃的东西
These arid lands are harsh and unforgiving,nature at its most brutal
这块不毛之地荒芜且冷酷无情 向人们展示着它最残酷的一面
but with the right knowledge,nature at its most brutal Now, look, strawberry pitaya.
但只要具备切当的求生知识 你就可以在这里找到水 瞧啊 草莓火龙果
See these very distinct,red tops to them.
瞧 很容易辨认 它们顶部是红色的
If you can get past the spikes and the spines,they're good to keep hydrated.
注意 要避开这些针刺 这些果子有助于帮你保持体内的水分
What I got inside is all of this Nice fruit.And that's truly gorgeous.
里面是这样的 很不错的水果 真的是很好吃
Could worth keeping an eye out for more of those, if you see.
一路上注意留心看看 看还有没有这种果子
Ahead of me lies my deadliest challenge.I come face to face with one of America's most lethal snakes.
我即将面临最致命的挑战 我将与美洲大陆上 最致命的一种毒蛇面对面进行较量
There's no way I can just stick a hand in there.One bite from that can kill a man.
我绝对不能把手直接伸进去 被它咬一口 必死无疑